Thread: About Ming Jian Feng Liu

Default About Ming Jian Feng Liu

Hi everyone! I know that this is one of Gu Long's stories/novels. I was wondering if someone can give me some info about the characters and the basic plot line. I can't find this novel anywhere so I can't read it(too busy and lazy to read too). Anyway, many fans want to find out because Mainland China will do an adaption of this story. It will star Liu Yi Fei, Echo Shen, Liu Tao and Jimmy Lin from what I know so far. They will start filming in July of this year. Any info about the characters and story will be great. thanks!!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Well, the best place for info is to just check out Athena's translation of it called The Sword and the Exquisiteness in the translation forum. It's divided into two threads.

Theres also a summary of an old adaptation in SPCNET's review archives, but that's not entirely accurate to the novel.
    Last edited by TigerWong; 02-07-04 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks Tiger Wong!! Have you read this novel before??I didn't know Ming Jian Feng Liu was the Sword and the Exquisiteness. What do you think of it? Is it a long novel? How accurate is that old adaption? Which section is that review in(Taiwan, China, TVB, ATV or Singapore)?? I can't seem to find it. What is the English title for that adaption?? thanks again!
    Last edited by Trinie; 02-07-04 at 08:32 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Yeah, I read Ming Jian Feng Liu a long time ago. It's one of my favorites. I don't remember exactly which section the adaptation review was in (it was just called by it's original name, I think...) but you're better off reading Athena's translation anyway. You may need to modify your settings to bring up the first thread.

Thanks again Tiger! I was trying to find all the threads for the translations but gosh are they hard to find. How long is this novel?I am too busy with school now to read it. I think I will read it this summer. I know that chapter 1-9 is in the archives but the rest of the chapters are hard to find.

The Sword and Exquisiteness (40 chapters + bonus for free - the translator's own epilogue)

Chap 1-24
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=&threadid=665

Chap 25 onwards
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...0&pagenumber=1

Originally posted by Trinie
    Thanks again Tiger! I was trying to find all the threads for the translations but gosh are they hard to find. How long is this novel?I am too busy with school now to read it. I think I will read it this summer. I know that chapter 1-9 is in the archives but the rest of the chapters are hard to find.
    Han already posted the links, but for future reference, all you need to do is change the setting at the bottom to display older posts and browse the pages to find it.

Thanks for the info. I have tried doing that but the old threads didn't seem to come up.
    Thanks so much for the links Han Solo!! So this novel is only 40 chapters long. That isn't too long. I guess I will try to find time to read it. Thanks again!!!!

It hasn't been updated since last Sept. so you'd have to change the setting to show pretty far back. And then you'd need to go to page 2.

Thanks again!! WOW, it hasn't been updated for that long. I sure hope it will still be there by the time I have the chance to read it....