Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Roles of ROCH has been decided!

Originally posted by hkopinions
    Ummm, HXM looks better than NY as YG. dunno maybe NY's nose? he just doesnt look like YG and I don't think he looks tall enough--HXM has a wide range of expressions that is better suited.
    err i think i'm an oddball, everybody seems to prefer HXM. personally i feel NY looks better in those clothes rather than HXM. HXM's hair looks really weird to me in the picture. LYF kinda reminds me of her role in Tian Long Ba Bu.

hmm...

Originally posted by divinefish
    They are not photoshopped. The pics are from auditions and camera tests for the roles of yang guo and xiao long nu.
    According to the articles, both YG and YLN are not confirmed yet. Liu Yi Fei is just auditioning for the part, she's the only experienced actress auditioning, the rest of the girls are all newcomers. Most audiences in china do not like Liu yi fei as a actress in general(neither do I)
    The role for YG has basically been narrowed down to NY and HXM. Personally, I perfer HXM.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/2004-06-26/0724427987.html
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/2004-06-26/0039427868.html
    Oh thanks. I missed that article.. only checked upto June 25.

I like Huang Xiao Ming better of course. But NY is another actor that I care about.. so hard decision for me. SOme reason I have a gutt feeling that ZJZ will pick NY .. don't know why.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

For some reason, I find the pics of HXM and NY looking very much like wax statues that you would find in Madame Tussauds
    Names can be false, but not friends.
    I'm here to be your friend, so why ask me my name?

LoL wax statues--especially NY's facial expression--can his eyes get any bigger? I personally do not want NY to have the part because he did this commercial and was trying to act funny and mischievous but it look so wooden and forced. HXM can carry YG's character much better. Anyways isn't NY filming something with SL right now--so he can't play YG.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

If NY can't play YG, then why did he audition?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Maybe he is greedy? J/k. Many other people auditioned too--some of then really have the YG look but I don't know about their acting though. Isn't this series going to start filming in July as stated in April by ZJZ? The process of selection is much slower than anticipated and NY might finish his series by the time ROCH starts filming. Oh, I heard that ZJZ is building the Ancient Tomb inside a real cave inside a mountain so it will be pitched dark and real looking unlike TVB's bg---the most costly scenery in the entire series.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

I think HXM is a good choice as YG and maybe LYF as XLN.

NY could play some other roles like one of the Wu Brothers, Guo Fu's husband or Huo Du. IMO

Originally posted by rourou
    please dear lord in heaven no!!!! much more prefer Shui Ling
    Didn't she starred in LOCH? I don't think they want to use her.

well i'll rather use shui ling over liu yi fei anyday for xln especially when xln is suppose to be older than yang guo

Although XLN was older than YG by 4 years--she always looked like she was younger than YG according to novel--always looked 16 or 17 years of age--people wondered why YG called her Gu Gu when she looked younger than him. Also in the novel, after 16 years apart, YG had age but XLN looked like she did before.

About Shui Ling, ZJZ did say that SL will not be XLN.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Why not hire Carmen Lee to take on that role again. She still looks good to me.

who will be the next xln and YG???
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

Don't know for sure about the cast yet only who auditioned. HXM auditioned first then NY. LFY also auditioned with other newbie actresses but so far ZJZ is leaning towards her even though she has trouble delivering her lines and emotions. ZJZ announed the selection will take a month or two and start filming in September. From the online polls, HXM is winning 67 to 23 and 10 for casting newbies as YG. For XLN, LFY has 23 votes while 45 goes to Shui Ling (I don't think she even auditioned) and 32 goes to the newbies.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Anyone knows who is directing this series. Is it the same director/company that did LOCH and DGSD 2003? Or is it the company that did HSDS 2002?

Since Zhang Ji Zhong will be the producer, it should be the same company that did LOCH 2002 and DGSD 2003.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by The Janitor
    Why not hire Carmen Lee to take on that role again. She still looks good to me.
    Carmen Lee looks good, but sadly her voice is terrible. I watched ROCH 96 and couldn't really stand her and Louis Koo, but when I switched the VCDs to Mandarin mode the series just suddenly came to life. I then realised it was the way they spoke (with too modern an accent) which stifled their performances, not their acting. They were rather convincing (actually, read "very good") when dubbed in Mandarin.

The filming is suppose to start on Sept and the selection will take one month to decide .... in the mean time, I am sure we'll see a lot of "news" flying around .. most are probably posted by me 8-) ... I am obsessed with this series!

What I want to know is who will play as Guo Jing and Huang Rong. They are crucial to the overall success of this new ROCH.

I know that Li Ya Peng and Zhou Xun will not be returning, so I am hoping that ZJZ will pick the right casts to play them.

I am really curious to see how the Big Condor will look like and who will play as GWM, will it follow the novel or not.

I think that HXM and NY look horrible in those pictures... So it's really hard to pick based on those pictures. But I do think that HXM has enough ability to do a decent job playing YG. NY, based on other pics I've seen of him, doesn't seem to look the part... And as for his acting ability, I have no clue.

As for XLN, I don't really want LYF, but the thing is JY really likes her. He told her to audition for the part... But she doesn't look as if she could play XLN's coldness and complexity.

As for other characters, what do you guys think? (I know that Guo Xiang is decided already...)

I'm hoping that maybe Yu Feihong might get a part in this serial...
    "[Love] is, and therefore it always will be." ~ Many Waters

Hmmm, so GX will be played by —k™p.

I just checked out the JY Chinese board, it seems many people think the actress is a byatch. Shu Chang is a name brought up at the board that should've gotten that role, she would have been a great GX.

GX is one of my favorite female characters, I hope this girl can play her well, even though she may in fact be byatchy.

Pic of GX's actress:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/20040630/401414.jpg')
    Last edited by flyingfox2002; 07-01-04 at 12:42 PM.