Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Roles of ROCH has been decided!

Here is some news about LYF being chosen for XLN posted by another fan in response to my question about LYF being chosen as XLN:

Well that's what I read in the Chinese World Journal (Shi Jie Ri Bao). It sounded pretty solid that the china production company wanted her, but you never know if they'll do last minute changes.

I agree with all of you that she has this innocent, young and sweet look to her, so it's gonna be a real challenge for her to be indifferent and icy on the outside. Nevertheless it would be extremely intriguing to see if she can make a performance breakthrough via this role since she obviously already garnered quite a few fans from doing Demi-god Semi-Devil.

Jing Yong (the novelist) was mesmerized by her looks and demeanor; he said that when he wrote the character of Wang Yu Yen, he didn't know such a beauty actually existed in the world until he met Liu Yi Fei.

I guess JY hasn't seen other beautiful actresses because I think LYF's looks really typical and nothing unique or special...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

What makes me curious is NOT who will be YG or XLN.

Obviously both will be a handsome guy and a pure, angelic, beautiful girl. I am hoping that ZJZ will use fresh new looks.

LYF is beautiful but I have some doubts about her acting ability if she takes the main role as XLN. Although one could argue that it doesn't take a lot of acting skills to be XLN, since all she does is stay expressionless most of the time.

What makes curious is the Supporting roles :

1 - Who will play as GJ and HR
    2 - Who will play as GMW
    3 - Willl they keep the original Greats from LOCH 2003
    4 - Who will play as Guo Xiang

ok this is what i feel should be the casts:

Have all the greats from loch
    Li ya peng as gup jing,
    Ji mo zi of dgsd as gwm(this guy was also right hand man of ren wo xing in sod 2001 and je bei in loch)
    hr can be someone hot
    xln can be shui ling even though i hate the fct that if she was xln that would make it weird considering she was mu nian ci
    ah zi o dgsd or alyssia cha as guo fu, lol that would be sweet
    lyf as guo xiang
    yg can be played by me lol

Yea, I think LFY would be better as Guo Xiang but not XLN.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

any latest news on the decision yet?
    Jang Nara

Jang Nara (MTV clips, advertisement clips, etc..)
    http://lonelyviet.com/showthread.php?t=26451

Originally posted by Thuy Tien
    any latest news on the decision yet?
    I browse thru SINA Entertainment site everyday, no news yet. As the filming will start on July, they probably won't announce anything yet.

One of my friends said that she read a recent article saying that they have already chosen LYF as Xiao Long Nu. But they may change it at the last minute, who knows? But then again, not everything in the newspapers is always true. She also said the article said that JY thought LYF was the most beautiful girl he has ever seen... I highly doubt JY said that. I mean he has seen many many beautiful actresses from many of his adaptions. LYF is just miniscule to what he has seen....

i agree, i dun think the news are set yet, the nespapers are prolly speculating

and i think lyf is quite ordinary and i definitely dun bleive jy acutally thinks she's one of the rare beauties, or the most beautiful, a lot of actresses are prettier than she is

and i hate the fact that she or her family or her company is stirring things up just so they can make her famous when her acting skills are so terrible, there is this person who works in the company that lyf has a contract with and she said that the head of the company spent sooooooooooooooo much money, "bao zhuang" meaning like covering her, i dunno how to explain this......kidna like, making sure about all the news, her looks, her dress, her publicity, that kinda thing (can anyone else explain bao zhuang better? it literally means to wrap) anyways, and the head of the company was pretty disappointed that she can't act at all.......and that she's kinda fake, and uses her "rich" and "from the us" background to gather attnetion

Digress a bit, LFY got a new show "Xian Jian Qi Xia Chuan", see here for the pictures http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/2004-03-11/1329328317.html

I think one of them look like Natalie Portman's look in Phantom Menace

To AlecSuforever815, Glad that you agree and thanks for the info. have you seen her in DGSD 2003 yet? I haven't since I am sick of remakes. I heard that her acting isn't too good. But she is still new so I guess we should all give her a chance. She seems sort of fake to me too. I don't understand why a number of people think she is so hot. I mean I admit she is pretty, but it definately isn't anything extraordinary that I haven't seen before. I know what Bao ZHuang means. Gosh, I can't believe they had to do that in order to get her more famous. I have to admit that she is really lucky to get to play leading roles in JY novels since those are the roles that really boost your fame up.

Thanks for the link tinac!!

Originally posted by Trinie
    Thanks for the link tinac!!
    You are welcome, I am always browsing SINA hoping for news on ROCH and on Huang Xiao Ming or any new Wuxia shows. Gotta start picking new habits.

Here I translated the latest news on ROCH (but my CHinese is pretty bad).

Date March 9, 2004

Fans and the press have been hammering ROCH director to reveal the names of the cast. However, wanting to keep the hype up for the series, the director and his crew have denied the requests and (purposely) leaked false information about the cast in the past. The roles will not be released until the initiation of filming. However, fans and the press are in hopes that some one from the family of the cast or crew members would release the roles by early as mid April.

It goes on to tell where the series will be filmed and the budget that was released in February.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

I will prefer liu yi fei to be xln than shui ling, becase shuiling is really over used, I see her in so many serials that it is annoying. Liu yi fei, though she may be raw in acting, is really rather beautiful, I think she has more "gu dian mei" than alot of other actresses.

Furthermore, I dunno why, but I think shui ling has a very "old look" compared to alot of the actresses who may be older or younger than her. It's not her fault, but she has a very mature look.

I think someone has to have acting skills too not just looks for this role. There are plenty of really talented and beautiful actresses out there for the director to chose from. I really wish that Echo Shen can play XLN instead. I think LYF is too young and not experienced enough for the role of XLN. She would be better as Guo Xiang if she is in the series at all.

I think Shu Chang is the best choice for Guo Xiang

I wonder why everyone thinks Shu Chang is the best for Guo Xiang?? Maybe she is... But then again it isn't for us to decide anyway...

who is Shu Chang?

i think if they are going to choose between liu yi fei or shui ling. i would pick shui ling even thru she is overused.. i want someone that has good acting skills to act XLN,, liu yi fei's acting is not that good.

i also dont' think she's that gorgeous... at first i looked at her, i thought she is very beautiful, but after a while, i think she is pretty, that's it..

i think she should be guo xiang if they are going to let her be in the series. i don't why there has to be a trend on the actresses who played wang yu yan has to play xln too. if she is going to be xln, she's gonna be the third generation to play both wyy and xln. is this a tradition or something?

Shu Chang is the one that played Tian Shan Tong Lao in TLBB. She was also in Lian Cheng Jue as SS. I don't really know her myself.

I agree with you! When I first look at LYF, I think she is really beautiful. But the longer I look at her, that beauty doesn't seem to last.

Yea, isn't it wierd to have everyone that plays WYY play XLN too? I don't get that... I guess they want to follow the tradition of Idy and Carmen???

Maybe they will cast unknowns in ROCH and surprise us all...?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

ohh... thats' shu chang. i don't think she can be xln. she is not beautiful, and she looks very young and also cute. she just look like a little kid, she is perfect for TSTL, but no XLN.

Echo shen has the looks, but i am not sure if they are gonna pick her.