Page 1 of 60 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Roles of ROCH has been decided!

Default Roles of ROCH has been decided!

Hot news!! THe roles of ROCH has been decided,

Yang Guo will be Nicolas Tse and Dragon Girl is Cecilia Cheung!! Read the news from Sina http://ent.sina.com.cn/2004-02-08/0235294900.html
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

It's quite disappointed. I don't think Nicholas Tse is suitable for this role. As far as I can remember, Jin Yong himself used to criticise that Nicholas Tse should not be a person who plays this role. Unfortunately, I cannot read Chinese. Can someone translate the news in English? Mainly, I want to know who will play Li Mo Chou.

Default Re: Roles of ROCH has been decided!

Originally posted by tinac
    Hot news!! THe roles of ROCH has been decided,

Yang Guo will be Nicolas Tse and Dragon Girl is Cecilia Cheung!! Read the news from Sina http://ent.sina.com.cn/2004-02-08/0235294900.html

err.. actually it doesnt mean that.
    the title says
    "Return of the condor hero" leads already have actor/actresses in mind. Nicholas tse and cecilia cheung has no luck (wu yuan)

the first paragraph then talks about the producer and who is going to direct the show blah blah

the next paragraph then says.
    in the past, there were news that roch will use nicholas tse as yang guo and cecilia cheung as xiao long nu.
    however, yesterday ma zhong jun said that they will definitely NOT use these 2 actors.. at this time, they already have some other actors in mind, and they are in a discussion about it.

Yeah, really should read a bit more carefully before posting. Besides, Nick Tse and Cecilia Cheung are both movie stars. Movie stars just don't act in serials. Just like Hollywood movie stars don't act in TV shows. Unless they can't find movie jobs...

But there is a difference between being a Chinese movie star or television actor versus being an American movie star or television actor. I think Chinese television stars are much better known and respected than their American counterparts because of the sheer amount of people who can afford to, and do watch TV in the Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwen. TV is still the number one medium of entertainment in China, while movies take on that role in America. That is because many people in Chins still do not have access to, or cannot afford to watch movies on a regular basis while everyone watches TV all the time. Also, there is a much bigger overlap of television and movie stars in China aka who acts in which than in America. For an American movie star to act in television requires them to be a special guest star or at the end of their movie career. TV in America is seen as second-tier for actors. It may be the same in China, but being a TV star is still very prestigious and lucrative in its own right.

Oops! Sorry for the wrong info, but am I glad that I was wrong. IMHO, Nicholas Tse will not make a good YG and Cecilia would definitely make a lousy Dragon Girl.

So far Zhang Ji Zong has been very good in his casting, hope he also make a good selection this time.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

the article also mentioned about tlbb being the highest mandarin-speaking chinese series, even beating another language-speaking series that's aired at the same time.

hmm, makes me curious who will be playing the roles. on a side note, how much $ does the director make for producing JY adaptations?

in the tvseriesfans forum, it says that in the mainland production of roch, they want to use shiu ling as xln. there's a whole extra long thread on it.
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Hahaha Cecilia Cheung as Dragon girl??? Oh man, her voice is so rough, or has it mellowed over the years.

I will always remember her voice in King of Comedy, "Nie Say Care-Le-Fair!"
    Last edited by Guojing; 02-09-04 at 12:27 PM.

I also don't think Nicholas and Cecilia would fit the roles of Yang Gou and Xiao Long Nu.

For a good YG in my opinion, mainland actor Luyi (played in Love Story in Shanghai, Young Detective 2) or Huang Xiao Ming (played in HZGG3, Da Han Tian Zi) would fit the role very well either in acting or look (both are very handsome). For XLN, Echo Shen Aojun (Lotus Lantern) or Qu Ying (Love Talks, Adieu) would make very beautiful XLN too!

LOL you guys, why not read the entire article? Well here is an article from HKstar magazine. (this magazine seems to have more accurate stories but they tend to lead you on)

(the latest news on ROCH)
    1-30-04

umm...the roles of ROCH are not decided yet but choices from the director include Shui Ling, Huang XM, Derek Tong (whos that???), Michael Tse (again whos that?), and a couple of actress names I dont recognize at all. However, the director did not say if these names are possible stars to be the lead. Certainly, the roles will be not be announced to the public until the director's current engagement is done filming. Fans are spreading rumors like crazy especially for the roles of the leads. The director and his film crew are very angry at the leak of the names of the recent picks by the some affiliates on his staff. He has yet to respond to the tabloids news of leads.

it goes on to say something about another series...blah blah
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

I know 1 actor called Micheal Tse but I don't know whether he's the same person mentioned in this article.
    He is currently a TVB actor. You can see him in the long running TVB series Virtual Of Harmony 1 & 2. His character name is Kam Yuet.
    He was also a regular in the Young and Dangerous movies playing Dai Tin Yee.
    He played Chun Seung (Frost) in the Stormriders (Fung Wan movie version).

if that is Michael TSe that they are talking about, he does not fit Yang Guo and he is from TVB too. although i loved his role in Storm riders
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

IMHO, Huang XiaoMing would make a good YG, he got the look and his acting is pretty decent. From what I saw in Tang Bo Hu, he can act serious and funny.

i thought it was some kind of joke at first. haha. glad it's not true. nic and cecilia? let's not talking about their reputated movie careers, they are not talented enough to act in major series. they can only act in those 1 hour movies for teenagers to watch.

i heard that Shui Ling aka Jiang Qin Qin is going to be xln, not sure, but they are considering this. i hope so, cuz she looks very beautiful, but she was mu nianici....

yea. i think huang xiaoming can take the role of yang guo. i also heard the lu yi rumor, although i don't think he has the yang guo look, he is definitely talented to act the role of yg.

I hope it isn't the guy who played YK at LOCH2003
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Huang Xiao Ming all the way.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Yeah!!! I would vote for Huang Xiao Ming all the way!!!!!!!I hope it's true and not just rumor.

those names i posted came from a leak on the film crew in a magazine i subscribe to. although, there are leaks, the names released werent specified to be leads or not. I will wait till the next issue and post up more news.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Originally posted by chocolate
    Yeah!!! I would vote for Huang Xiao Ming all the way!!!!!!!I hope it's true and not just rumor.