Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Takeshi Kaneshiro

haha oh yeah...

Fallen Angel, sorry to hear that... good luck!
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Takeshi Kaneshiro is one of my favorite actor, beside the legendary Tony Leung Chin Wai Simply because

-He is a versatile actor, who can handle role from romantic to action hero to odd-ball like one in Turn Left, Turn Right. One of his best performance is in WongKarWai's movie Chenking Express, his acting in Fallen Angel, and Lavander is commentable, but not great. While his acting in Turn Left, Turn Right is below my expectation, but that also due to who acitng opposite him, Gigi Leung is too stiff in the movie, and there simply no chemistry b/w those two.

-He is one of those actor, who doesn't pay any attention to media, he simply do as he please. He dosen't put effort to get his name out there, unlike other actors, willing to do anything to get publicity

-He is the mysterious guy, who happen to have killer look and intelligent, know what he want and how to get there. One that simply love challenge, and taking role not many actor want to....for the sake of his liking not for anyone
    Last edited by bio; 02-20-04 at 07:38 PM.
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

Zhang Ziyi and Takeshi Kaneshiro from Zhang Yimou's soon to be released wuxia Shi Mian Mai Fu ("No Way Out" - aka Lovers)...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2004-01-15/U102P28T3D278989F326DT20040115131808.jpg')

Recently released production stills
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

he is not bad looking

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.foreignfilms.com/images/people/1585a-6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jkdramas.com/jstars/img/kaneshiro.jpg')
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I hv seen him in Chinesefilm and Japanese drama/film productions and IMO i think he shines in Japanese productions .. (which made him what he is today) i hv not seen any HK/Taiwan film productions where he made an impact ..

what i seen mostly are his Japanese dramas and 1 film for TV, any 1 knows if he acts in chinese dramas as i only seen his films.
    Last edited by Angel_8; 02-21-04 at 02:09 AM.

yea i happen to like his jap dramas more... i dont think he's had ne chinese series

Originally posted by bio
    Takeshi Kaneshiro is one of my favorite actor, beside the legendary Tony Leung Chin Wai Simply because

-He is a versatile actor, who can handle role from romantic to action hero to odd-ball like one in Turn Left, Turn Right. One of his best performance is in WongKarWai's movie Chenking Express, his acting in Fallen Angel, and Lavander is commentable, but not great. While his acting in Turn Left, Turn Right is below my expectation, but that also due to who acitng opposite him, Gigi Leung is too stiff in the movie, and there simply no chemistry b/w those two.

-He is one of those actor, who doesn't pay any attention to media, he simply do as he please. He dosen't put effort to get his name out there, unlike other actors, willing to do anything to get publicity

-He is the mysterious guy, who happen to have killer look and intelligent, know what he want and how to get there. One that simply love challenge, and taking role not many actor want to....for the sake of his liking not for anyone
    well sed
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Originally posted by koorinohime
    yea i happen to like his jap dramas more... i dont think he's had ne chinese series

well sed
    thankyou
    i think he was in one singapore sereis, but i forget the name if it

he filmed number of jaopanese drama, but most of his work as movie, no wonder not many sereis fans know of him *sigh*

I will try to find his latest pictures
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

Originally posted by bio

Nicely said Being the fact that Takeshi is my favorite actor. It's a sure thing that he and Tony are the most versatile actors in my opinion. I don't think TK need a hit movie in HK to be known there, his taste to do HK movie seem to distant.

I think is a good actor, my fav movie of his is

"Hero" with jessica hsuan, he was so good in that movie and had great chemistry with jess, also i like'returner'.

I think Takeshi Kaneshiro is so cute for a Japanese guy..... ...some of his movies are ok....I dislike turn right, turn left...i think the storyline is stupid....

Isn't he half Japanese and Taiwanese? I haven't seen any of his movies but I played the Onimusha games that modeled his face and included his voice for Samanosuke.

yea.. wut a good mix...
    ooh onimusha... a good game too xD

Originally posted by Dagger Lee
    Isn't he half Japanese and Taiwanese? I haven't seen any of his movies but I played the Onimusha games that modeled his face and included his voice for Samanosuke.
    It's never too late to check out his movies Just a few days ago, I saw the commercial advertisement of 'Onimusha 3'. I also read on TK's website that they might make a movie out of this game? It'll be interesting it is true.

I heard about that too. Hope it stars Takeshi as the lead role and don't turn out bad.
    Last edited by Dagger Lee; 05-25-04 at 08:21 PM.

I love Takeshi Kaneshiro....I just got done watching the trailer to his newest...I think movie or series called "Lovers"....omg...he was so hott in it....but it was all in Japanese...I couldn't pick out all the words....still it looked so interestings.......

Just saw Hero(1997). It's pretty good. Takeshi's acting is good.

I LOVE YOU TAKESHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

I wub wub wub wub him..

He has the hottest feature so far I have ever seen. I am dying to see "Lovers"
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Takeshi Kaneshiro also known as Aniki Jin or Jin Cen Wu is half Japanese and Chinese (Taiwan).
    My favorite of him is :
    1. Kamisama Mou Sukoshidake (God please give us time) along with Kyoko Fukada. Very sad drama.
    2. Lavender with Kelly Lin (movie)
    and now can't wait for his new movie Shi Mian Mai Fu.
    I read somewhere that his upcoming project is in a Hong Kong movie called Love in the shadow.

i can't wait to see Shi Mian Mai Fu...
    PS... he looks great in Onimusha 3 too... XD it would be awesome if they made a movie out of it

Originally posted by koorinohime
    i can't wait to see Shi Mian Mai Fu...
    PS... he looks great in Onimusha 3 too... XD it would be awesome if they made a movie out of it
    NO kiddinG! I want to play Onimusha 3 as well. I want to make him slay all those demons.. make them into pieces!

I just can't wait to watch Shi Mian Mai Fu. I just checked out the lyrics to the movie.. and AHHHHHH... Nice.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.