Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BoA

Another Boa-Bashing thread huh?

If I don't like a certain actor/actress I don't go making a special effort pointing their negatives and making repetitive comments of how I dislike them. I simply avoid them. Don't care what people think. Besides how close do we know this people to call them names? Do we really know their personality? Do we have the rights to call people badly when they have no chance defending themselves? OK, they are stars, but their are also human with feelings.

"It takes every kind of people, to make the world go round".

BTW, I happen to like Boa, she's entertaining enuf for me. Full stop.
    Last edited by eeyore; 08-03-04 at 06:59 PM.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

she's like the korean britney spears...

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

You know Boa became darker and darker no adays. Guess almost everyone is either sun-bathing or visiting the tanning salon these days.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

Originally posted by lilazinprincess
    You know Boa became darker and darker no adays. Guess almost everyone is either sun-bathing or visiting the tanning salon these days.
    Aaghh...I guess they don't care about skin cancer.
    You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex...
    A stranger with your doorkey explaining that I am just visiting
    And I am finally seeing why I was the one worth leaving...

from www.solid7.net

An Internet war of sorts has gotten attention lately over Boa's alleged plagiarism of US star Britney Spears. It has gotten so out of hand that Boa's record label has vowed a possible lawsuit due to what they called irresponsible slander caused by racial discrimination. It all started when an undisclosed American website recently claimed that Boa's new music video "My Name" copied Spears' mv "Toxic." The site went so far as to claim that Boa is a carbon copy of everything that is Britney Spears. Since then varying opinions have been posted by both Boa and Britney fans about the issue at different Internet cafes. Some are claiming that besides the music video the music istelf sounded similar. Boa fans however responded that "Toxic" is too much of an "erotic" video to be compared with "My Name" and that they found nothing similar at all. Some even responded that it was absurd people would have the nerve to compare world star Boa with mere US star Britney Spears. This is hardly the first time Boa has been accused of copying the American pop star. Everything from fashion, to music video, to image, downright to stage clothes has been rumored of being plagiarized. According to many web observers such comparisons are inevitable as Boa already proclaimed by her fans as Asia's top star keeps making ascensions to world status as a pop singer. The 17 year old who is currently in the midsts of her 4th album activities recently became the first Korean model for "Maybelline New York" after signing a one year CF contract with the internationally known cosmetics brand for approximately $600,000.

tsk tsk on boa
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Talking

I believe Britney is much worse than BoA

IT is true, but since Boa , who is 17 years old, seems to be going on britney's footsteps............

but this is just theorizing since i am annoyed of boa.

Originally posted by maymoo
    I believe Britney is much worse than BoA
    true.. i hope she wont end up as ****ty and stupid as her

BoA does seem like a copy of Britney. Hope this doesn't enrage her fans.

I prefer Boa over Britney....sorri to Britney fans, but I just can't stand Britney..
    How can Boa fans not see how similar Boa is to Britney?? First time I saw Boa, she reminds me of Britney.

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

haha... the news doesn't really surprise me. I mean you could have guess it. Just like Britney, Boa starts out as a sweet and young singer. Then wam! she became this ......don't how to describe .... a Britney-clone??? You know??? But so far by the way Boa dressed she is much better than Britney.

Look at these pic:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://solid07.net/newspics/bb1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://solid07.net/newspics/bb2.jpg')

credits to solid07.+spcnet.tv
    Last edited by lilazinprincess; 08-05-04 at 10:47 AM.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

well, whats so special about twins? f4? hyori? and all those pretty looking pop groups and singers. they all act alike anyways, not only boa. she tries to copy britney but the others copy other people. like the korean celebrities, i think most of them look the same, i dont' know if everyone look the same after surgery or something but it's strange they all look kinda alike. also the hk pop singers nowdays, i think they all act like each other anyways. theres nothing special about all of them, i prefer the old singers a lot more, and the pop songs now are mostly computer sounds, tahts why so many singers sucks at singing live.

Hmmm... i'm not really sure if Boa is like Britney cuz i haven't got a chance to see any of Boa music videos or shows...( i want to though... soo bad) anywayz, to me, their music is soo different..each has their own style of music. Also i like both of them.
    *Fav. Starz* [Dylan G, Louis K, Blue L, Julian Ch, Kevin Ch, Roger K, Chris L, Ruby L, Ady An, Leila T, Jessica Hs, Joyce T, Cecilia Ch, Noel L, Alyssa Ch, Lee Jung Huyn, Namie Amuro, Boa]

Talking

BoA's becoming more and more like Britney...especially after she came out with "My Name"...before that, "Shine! We Are" and "Milky Way" and "Atlantis Princess" were pretty "innocent" and cool...nothing like Britney...

She's cute, but I'm getting kinda tired of her. Her Japanese and Chinese is very bad. Her English is actually not too bad, considering I speak with an accent.

you know, these two actually met at a stadium and sang i believe..

yea. brtiney came to korea last year, christmas. both performed live in seoul? i don;t know. but i downloaded it and it pretty much sucks. all lip sync's (I hate lip sync) britney was promoting her new album. pretty lame show, actually extremely crap.

ah well. i'm not a fan or boa or britney, just download whatever i see and i happened to see the britney&Boa special

looking at boa i dont think she has had any plastic surgery, this is just my opinion. not going to go into any arguement, because a plastic or not arguement will have no resolution

although i don't like her, i think her singing is OK

erm.. , im not shure but for all the pics i've seen her in so far in this thread, she looks...ugly. i think britney is prettier. i dont know if boa is taking britney's step or not cause im not chinese but i think her career aint ever gonna be like britney spears. its not that im saying britney is perfect either cause she isnt. =p
    WU ZUN ! <3

what do you mean? boa is very popular already, shes really popular throughout asia. if she's not so popular, there wont' be thread about her on why she's so special.