Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about infernal affairs 3 *spoiler*

Default Question about infernal affairs 3 *spoiler*

hi all
    i just saw infernal affair 3 today ....and want some clarification about its storyline

Firrst : Why did sam order Tony to hit that mainland ganster 's head ?
    (was it just to test his loyalty or

Second : If Leon had the evidence against Andy ...why did he have to play the cat and mouse game coz in the end it turned out to be Andy's tape which means that he alraedy got it from before

3rd : if leon knew about tony from before ...why didn't he help tony initially

4th after kelly knew about Andy 's identity ...wasn't she killed how come she just fainted ....Andy didn't do anything to her ?
    Another thing did he bang the car while taking kelly with the tape on purpose or ?

5th Could andy be so smart as to fix all the vdo cameras in every damn department and just keep watching his computer without doing any other work

6th Tony had a daughter ...they should have showed her a bit

7th : at the end andy didn't die ....just paralysed ...thats so unfair ...leon didn't deserve to die man

kindly answer my questions and share your comments about it

HOnestly i felt this part 3 was ok .....but not that great

so tony did had a daughter?

I was thinking while watching IA1 and IA2 ... ii think Elva's character lied. She didn't have an abortion and the lil girl was Tony's...
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I originally wrote a VERY LONG post to answer your questions, then my Internet Explorer screwed me up.

Anyway.

Yes, Tony has a daughter. That's why Elva lied about the child's age.

1) To put up a show for the mainland boss, proving that he's impartial. (by punishing Tony for hitting the other guy)

2) Probably waiting for the mainland boss to come so both could avenge Tony's death together.

3) He didn't know Tony was a cop until the end.

4) Andy was struggling to be a good guy. He doesnt slaughter innocents (and instead, he kills those who were once Sam's men). Besides, he might be hypnotized, so he didn't know he had confessed everything to Kelly.

5) Maybe.

7) That's the main theme of the movie. If you know the meaning of the Chinese title of IA, you'll know that it's about eternal suffering without release. The rest died, meaning they could escape, but Andy had to continue bearing the guilt for the sins he had committed.

IA3 isn't exactly a great film. It's just a part of soemthing that's great. Without its existence, IA1 wouldn't become that deep.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Default Help me analyse leon's character ...was he actually gray or white

i mean ...like was leon actually working for sam too ...or was it just his trick to get into sam's netowrk as to catch sam

or was leon a gray type of officer ..who'd do anything to write an A grade report for himself

1) He IS trying to get into Sam's Network while pretending to be a gray type of officer.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

i think the ending (andy paralyzed) was the most memorable scene for me. if they killed off andy, i won't like it that much
    i really pity leon here. he's very loyal to tony as well as in the police force. i have difficulty catching his character also, i almost 'believed' in andy when he said leon would do anything to write an A grade report for himself
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Originally posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    3) He didn't know Tony was a cop until the end.
    he certainly did, and incidentally, a HUGE hole in the whole story. which shows that they should have just left IA alone and not making either the prequel or sequel. the 3 pieces don't really fit well together at all. I thought the original was already a bit overrated, a good movie but really not as great as everybody making it out to be. and part 2 the prequel and part 3 just adds confusion to the whole thing. especially 3, which is so broken with all these moving back and forth in time that my brain literally stopped, on its own, trying to make sense of the story. but asking movie makers not to capitalize on a success with crap (pre)sequels is just too much I guess.

another thing annoyed me in 3. how come Tony didn't speak Mandarin like everybody else did when conversing with Mainland actors. He's really not half bad with Mandarin, after seeing him in Hero. A little more professionalism please, or is that too much to ask.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Well, maybe Tony's CHARACTER can't speak mandarin (notice that all the while, he speaks only cantonese in all three instalments?) So I really don't think this have anything to do with professionalism at all.

You sure Leon knew he was a cop? From what I know, Leon recognized Tony as the guy who got expelled from cadet school, not undercover (since Anthony and the cadet school dean, who died at the beginning of IA1, were supposed to be the only two people to know about this)
    Swifty, Writing

i think so too. nobody really knew what happened to tony when he was expelled. they just knew tony was an undercover when he died
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

basically, leon remembers tony from the cadet school...and that's why he captures him back to the police station and has the crap beaten out of tony. the warning to him later is real; i think that even tho leon pretends to be a corrupt officer, he hates nothing more than cops who turn bad.

however, leon (yang) is a smart guy; when he saw that 1)tony shot mainland guy in the leg and not anywhere fatal and 2)tony was all by himself in the sting operation without any backup from sam, leon realized that tony was undercover. that's when they all reveal themselves to each other and are happy...basically, leon stumbles upon tony as an undercover and wasn't part of the original plant that SP wong did.

the 3 parts actually fit together fairly well; you can tell that they had infernal affairs 2 and 3 in mind already when they filmed the first one. it's just that the director's presentation was a bit sloppy with the back and forth time --- but i think it was still well-written. what i can't figure out is this:

in the 2nd installment, it is revealed that sam was actually a pretty decent gangster (if there ever was such a thing...and no, chan no ham doesn't count ) the thing that pissed anthony wong off was that sam killed all of the ngai family in hawaii, making SP wong think that sam was tricking him all along and was really evil...however, it wasn't sam that ordered the deaths. so how did sam get so friggin cruel in the 3rd installment?

in the first movie, eric tsang's character says to tony that "out of all of my followers, i trust you the most"...yet we find out that even up until a week before tony dies, sam is just setting him up time and time again. so is sam really evil or not?
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

i think ia 1 & 2 fits well. i didn't get to watch 3 that clear to the details so i can't say anything
    cherrie

well then...i guess i just ruined IA3 for you
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Originally posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Well, maybe Tony's CHARACTER can't speak mandarin (notice that all the while, he speaks only cantonese in all three instalments?) So I really don't think this have anything to do with professionalism at all.
    yes it does. you can't have two people, one only speaks Cantonese, one only speaks Mandarin, talk to each other like they can understand each other perfectly. it just doesn't happen in real life. and everyone (except Tony's character) speaks to mainland guys in heavily accented Mandarin, which makes sense. maybe it's all dubbed later, but if you are going to take the effort to address this, address it thoroughly.

Originally posted by sixdays
    the 3 parts actually fit together fairly well; you can tell that they had infernal affairs 2 and 3 in mind already when they filmed the first one.
    no they didn't. the whole premise of the first one is that after Anthony's character's death. Tony's character was screwed because no one knew about his mission. that's why he had to go about and did all those things that eventually got himself killed. but in 3, all of a sudden, we knew that there's this other guy (Leon's character) who definitely knew about it before Tony's death, and could have helped him because at least he's a cop. I don't know what you call this, but I call it a HOLE in the plot. obviously, they never knew there was going to be 2 or 3 when they made 1. and when they wrote the story for part 3, well, they ****ed up on this. but that's the least problem with the script for part 3. I don't mind if they wanted to milk more money. Hollywood does this a lot. but I'm just saying that it does ruin the legacy of the first one.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Sam was pretty pissed with Wong for shooting Ngai too. Actually, I have seen many people Cantonese-speakers who actually understood Mandarin, but can't speak it, and vice-versa. Hell, my conversation with my sister's sorta like this too. I speak Cantonese, and she answers in English.

Hell, there was this one time in Sydney, I saw this family which had the mom and dad speaking in complete cantonese, while the daughter answers everything in English.

Leon does know all about Tony being an undercover, but he knows NOTHING about Andy and the rest of Sam's spies. The events in IA1 were private battles between Tony and Andy + Sam and Wong, so Leon, who is in another department, might not know anything either.

If you meant to ask why Leon didn't get to save Tony, well, remember that Tony died only a day after Sir Wong, so these two deaths were pretty surprising.
    Swifty, Writing

I think IA3 fit pretty well with the entire story....what's with the debate about Leon's character? If u guys watch the movie a couple of times, everything comes together....Leon's character is suppose to lead u that he's a crooked cop...and he is...but he's also a good cop...he's been getting all the evidence to get andy to reveal that he's one of the moles from Sam....Leon does know that Tony's character is a mole but he doesn't know that andy lau is a mole from sam....they haven't even met each other until the last installment...even then, Leon's character can't do much....he's head of the Security Department...andy lau's head of Internal Affairs...in order for Leon to prove andy's the mole, he has to catch him commiting the act in front of everyone....
    in the movie, they filled in the gap between the 6 months b4 tony dies and leading to his death plus what happens after his death....

to be honest...without IA2 or IA3, the first installment of Infernal Affairs would be a total piece of crap....u wouldn't understand what the hell's going on...IA2 and IA3 make the movie so much better

IA is still the best. Didnt think IA2 and 3 is nnecessary at all.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

Originally posted by mich
    IA is still the best. Didnt think IA2 and 3 is nnecessary at all.

Actually, I would say that IA1's still the best among the three. And no way it'll be a total piece of crap without the other two. No way.

It's a smart intelligent thriller, with characters who have their own backstories which were sorta hinted, but not completely shown to all of us (that's what IA2 is for). While IA3 is some sort of companion piece which might, or might not, let you view IA1 in a different light, knowing that many other things were happening during the events of IA1.
    Swifty, Writing

I liked how they installed IA2 and IA3. I think it helped me understand more on WHY things happend in IA1, for instance, why was just Tony chosen as the undercover cop, how did Sam And Sp Wong were like friends, and Ming's transgression into what he is.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07