Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about infernal affairs 3 *spoiler*

no, not really. i understand what happened to part 3 though i think i would appreciate it more if i rewatch it.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

There are plot holes in the trilogy if you watch it. In IA1 Tony is one of Sam's most trusted underlings. In IA2, everybody in the Ngai organization KNEW that Tony was Francis's half brother. When the Sam's friend(thailand guy) told Sam to kill everybody in the Ngai family to prevent any repricussions, why did he let Tony live and move up in ranks? In IA3 Leon had access to all the tape recordings since the beginning of the movie, so why didn't he arrest Andy then and there? If you say he is waiting for mainland cop to do it together, why did he wait three months. I mean it takes a couple hours to get from China to Hong Kong.

I think they should have made the movies longer to explain some more of the storyline. Shame that HK movies are now an hour and thirty mins pinpoint, no more no less....

Let's look at it this way, it is possible for Sam to keep Tony with him because he knew that Tony's a smart dude, and it would be beneficial to have an underling like him.

However, he isn't exactly very nice to Tony, as proven in IA3, when he constantly tried to screw Tony up, setting him up for all sorts of not-so-pleasant situations. Despite that Tony's a close 'underling' of his, Sam still wants to make life difficult for him.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Bumpitty bump.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

I finally watched this. ANd yes, it's not as good as the first two. 1st Infernal Affairs was the "IT" movie. Without the success of the first, there would be no second. IA2 was surprisingly brillant and on the level of the first movie. But IA3, while pretty good, just didn't live up to the trilogy.

Some plot holes/inconsistencies/gripes

1. Why would Sam bother taking in Yan, when it's obvious to everyone he's part of the Ngai family? Wouldn't the fact that Yan's brother and his whole family's death indirectly by Sam, pretty much set these 2 apart for good?

2. Why would Yan bother working and still be friends with Wong, after Wong shot Yan's brother to death at the end of IA2. Yan looked pretty upset with Wong when his brother died. They appear to be good relations, joking around and such.

3. In IA, it gave the impression that Yan has a higher position than him. Keung always call him "Yan Gor". But in IA2 and IA3, Yan was Keung's boy and were close buddies. In IA1, it simply seems its more of a "dai-lo/sai-lo" relationship.

4. What happen to the tape sent to Dr, Lee by Yan after the car crash?

5.If Yan was in trouble in the first IA, why can't he just ask Yeung to help him out and prove his identity?

6. They didn't explain the 2 extra bullets that was put into Yan's corpse after B shot him in the head in IA1.

7. In the elavator + rooftop flashbacks, they showed a clean-shaven Tony Leung when he was supposed to be grizzled lookin.

8. They really killed Leon quite easily. He looked like he was on top of everything until he got shot.

9. I think they showed Yan to be too happy in the movie which conflicted with his somber portrayal in the first movie. He sure get sad and happy pretty quick.

10. In the first movie, Keung told Yan in the car that Sam asked him how longed he worked for him, it's revealed it was 5 years. That was in 2002. But in IA2 which covers 1991-1997, Keung already worked for Sam b4 he even met Yan. Longer than 5 yrs.

11. WHERE'S ELVA?!! I want Elva and her lil girl to be in it!!! Screw Kelly and her story!!
    Last edited by SkineePanda; 06-16-04 at 06:37 PM.

Originally posted by SkineePanda
    I finally watched this. ANd yes, it's not as good as the first two. 1st Infernal Affairs was the "IT" movie. Without the success of the first, there would be no second. IA2 was surprisingly brillant and on the level of the first movie. But IA3, while pretty good, just didn't live up to the trilogy.

Some plot holes/inconsistencies/gripes

1. Why would Sam bother taking in Yan, when it's obvious to everyone he's part of the Ngai family? Wouldn't the fact that Yan's brother and his whole family's death indirectly by Sam, pretty much set these 2 apart for good?

2. Why would Yan bother working and still be friends with Wong, after Wong shot Yan's brother to death at the end of IA2. Yan looked pretty upset with Wong when his brother died. They appear to be good relations, joking around and such.

3. In IA, it gave the impression that Yan has a higher position than him. Keung always call him "Yan Gor". But in IA2 and IA3, Yan was Keung's boy and were close buddies. In IA1, it simply seems its more of a "dai-lo/sai-lo" relationship.

4. What happen to the tape sent to Dr, Lee by Yan after the car crash?

5.If Yan was in trouble in the first IA, why can't he just ask Yeung to help him out and prove his identity?

6. They didn't explain the 2 extra bullets that was put into Yan's corpse after B shot him in the head in IA1.

7. In the elavator + rooftop flashbacks, they showed a clean-shaven Tony Leung when he was supposed to be grizzled lookin.

8. They really killed Leon quite easily. He looked like he was on top of everything until he got shot.

9. I think they showed Yan to be too happy in the movie which conflicted with his somber portrayal in the first movie. He sure get sad and happy pretty quick.

10. In the first movie, Keung told Yan in the car that Sam asked him how longed he worked for him, it's revealed it was 5 years. That was in 2002. But in IA2 which covers 1991-1997, Keung already worked for Sam b4 he even met Yan. Longer than 5 yrs.

11. WHERE'S ELVA?!! I want Elva and her lil girl to be in it!!! Screw Kelly and her story!!
    1) I dunno. Maybe cos' he feels that Yan is a smart dude, so he'll be valuable working for him? Or maybe Keung begged for his life? Hm.

2) Dunno, maybe he realized in the end that Wong was just doing his duty?

3) Agreed.

4) Er? Which one? When?

5) I dunno, I guess maybe the events happened too quickly, so Tony ended up wanting to play mind games with Andy in the end instead of asking Yeung for help?

7) You mean Andy's 'fake' flashback?

9) Well, he's a complex dude. Maybe he's always a dude with dark humour, just that the events in IA1 forced him to become so angst-ridden?
    Swifty, Writing

A few questions:

Was Leon a crooked cop working for Sam or was he trying to get into his network or something?

Also, how come when Andy Lau first played the tape, it was Leon talking with Sam, but when he confronted Leon, it was a tape with Andy talking to Sam? Was it just because he was crazy?

Thanks.

1) Latter

2) Yes, obviously, it's the last one.
    Swifty, Writing

Something to ask in IA II. When Tony's half-brother pulled his cloak, did it reveal a "device"? Is it possible that the step-brother know that Tony is a mole?

On IA III,
    1. How did Leon get the tape? Was it sent to him by Tony?
    2. Was Leon confident that Andy would not destroy the tape when Andy got hold of it?
    3. Was the scene whereby Leon talk to Sam actually Andy talking to the latter?
    Last edited by wkeej; 04-27-13 at 09:36 PM.