Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Great ATV Themesongs

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post
    Hey Ian, this is a great CD collection and very reasonably priced. However, it does not contain the 3 songs you mentioned in the earlier post: Super Hero, Zhuge Liang, and Tiger Hill Trail. I really liked those songs too and really disappointed that they weren't in there, most of their songs for their series in the 1990's afterwards aren't that great. Should've removed some of those and threw in the 3 songs you mentioned in my opinion.
    The sad thing is I had Tiger Hill Trail and Super Hero on cassette before (heaven knows where those old tapes have gone) and I don't understand why they can't CDfy all those wonderful old Crown cassette compilations. It's not like they were bootleg. Zhuge Liang, Drunken Fist 1 & 2, Turbulence in Shanghai I've never seen even on cassette.

Reincarned 78 and 93
    The Insurmountable Pair of Swords http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1InxbrKeJg
    Little White Dragon Lad's http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/lMg_9n-FhCk/ [same opening with Insurmountable Pair ..?] [take information from Wuxiasociety]

Mythical Crane Magic Needle
    My Date with a Vampire 1,2 subtheme and them

My Date with a vampire rocks!!!!!
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

I only know today that the themesong of 'Drunken Fist ' was sung by Deric Wan

Here are some of the ATV songs sung by Deric Wan

大醉之後 (亞洲電視劇《醉拳王無忌》主題) - Drunken Fist theme
    小生也瘋狂 (亞洲電視劇《小生也瘋狂》主題曲)
    十二金牌 (亞洲電視劇《十二金牌》主題曲) - Twelve Gold Medallions theme
    滿江紅 (亞洲電視劇《十二金牌》插曲) - Twelve Gold Medallions subtheme
    Last edited by kidd; 09-15-07 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Add another song in the list
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I only know today that the themesong of 'Drunken Fist ' was sung by Deric Wan

Here are some of the ATV songs sung by Deric Wan

大醉之後 (亞洲電視劇《醉拳王無忌》主題) - Drunken Fist theme
    十二金牌 (亞洲電視劇《十二金牌》主題曲) - Twelve Gold Medallions theme
    滿江紅 (亞洲電視劇《十二金牌》插曲) - Twelve Gold Medallions subtheme
    Wow - I didn't know that either - did you find it in one of his albums, and if so, which one?

Did he sing the themesong for the sequel "Sun Emperor Moon Empress" as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Wow - I didn't know that either - did you find it in one of his albums, and if so, which one?

Did he sing the themesong for the sequel "Sun Emperor Moon Empress" as well?
    I first got to know this when I stumbled upon this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWWL2zbP41g
    (Deric was so young then. Looks like barely out of his teen. Haha, he's so wooden just standing there. No wonder he lost to Anita in that New Talent Singing Contest. )

Then, I went and googled for more ATV songs sung by Deric and came upon this two sites

http://robokon1234567.hp.infoseek.co...0_DerekWan.htm
    http://www.vinylparadise.com/4pop_can/2/301WSL0A.htm

大醉之後 and 小生也瘋狂 are in the compilation album 1984 五福星. 十二金牌 and 滿江紅 are in the 風雪前塵. Sadly, I don't have these two albums. The oldest Deric Wan album I have is 沒有你之後.

Don't know about 'Sun Emperor Moon Empress'. Can't find any info of it. What's it's chinese name?
    Last edited by kidd; 09-15-07 at 11:21 AM.

The Snow is Red. Probably someone already mention it. But here's the link for the songs at Tudou.

Opening
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/NgZCflOsezQ/

Closing
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/bPmqeB95c98/

The sad thing is I had Tiger Hill Trail and Super Hero on cassette before (heaven knows where those old tapes have gone) and I don't understand why they can't CDfy all those wonderful old Crown cassette compilations. It's not like they were bootleg. Zhuge Liang, Drunken Fist 1 & 2, Turbulence in Shanghai I've never seen even on cassette.
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004520704/

Is this Tsui Siu Ming guy the main bad guy in "super hero?"

He looks very familiar, and I do see that name attached as producer/director/or some other behind the scenes job for a lot of ATV series.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post

Don't know about 'Sun Emperor Moon Empress'. Can't find any info of it. What's it's chinese name?
    It's Drunken Fist Part II, "Ri Di Yue Hou", with Zhang Yi and Lily Chan in the title roles. Quite an underated serial (in fact, both Drunken Fists are, probably because Ng Kong isn't really that good looking and was cast as Wang Wuji mainly due to physique).

It's Drunken Fist Part II, "Ri Di Yue Hou", with Zhang Yi and Lily Chan in the title roles. Quite an underated serial (in fact, both Drunken Fists are, probably because Ng Kong isn't really that good looking and was cast as Wang Wuji mainly due to physique).
    Who says Ng Kong not good looking? He's better looking than many guys liao . I think he's very well casted as Wang Wuji. He really resembles his comic counterpart. I've tried watching Drunken Master, but it's not my cup of tea. The series just consist of fight after fight after fight with a threadbare storyline. I enjoy watching good fight scenes too, but not too frequent until it slowdown the storyline (which is what is happening in the Outer Tales of Flyingfox novel ). I don't like fighting for fighting sake.

The 2 best comicbook casting in chinese tv history imho is Ng Kong as Wang Wuji and Kenny Ho has Hua Yingxiong.

Is this Tsui Siu Ming guy the main bad guy in "super hero?"

He looks very familiar, and I do see that name attached as producer/director/or some other behind the scenes job for a lot of ATV series.
    Yes, that is Tsui Siu Ming indeed.

The 3CD set has the following ATV theme songs:
    The Fist (theme + subtheme, 1982)
    Super Hero (theme + subtheme, 1983)
    The Blood Debt (theme, 1982)
    Tiger Hill Trail (theme + subtheme, 1983)
    Chameleon II (theme, 1979)

Ian Liew, I hope you saw the cd link I posted above...I am surprised that you didn't reply....
    I am sorry for my late reply
    Last edited by wargods; 09-27-07 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post

Ian Liew, I hope you saw the cd link I posted above...I am surprised that you didn't reply....
    Got a bit lazy, I did order the CD from Yesasia using the link you provided, and was going to post once I got it.. maybe in a week's time or so! I was very pleased to see "Xue Zai Xue Zhang" on the list. I watched that serial all the way through, but can't remember the song at all for the life of me. Thanks for the headsup on that - ordered that one as well as the other compilation... can't wait!

The 3CD set has the following ATV theme songs:
    The Fist (theme + subtheme, 1982)
    Super Hero (theme + subtheme, 1983)
    The Blood Debt (theme, 1982)
    Tiger Hill Trail (theme + subtheme, 1983)
    Chameleon II (theme, 1979)

Wargods, FYI, on ATV's concert special DVD it shows that Tsui Siu Ming is actually Chen Zhen's martial nephew in "the Fist." I have not seen that dude in any other series though. He supposedly, also directs and produces TV series and films in addition to his acting and song writing/singing - HK Rennaissance Man!

Hi, does anyone know if that Tsui Siu Ming album has any other good songs besides the ATV theme songs? $23 bucks is a bit pricey for like 5-6 good songs.

Hi, does anyone know if that Tsui Siu Ming album has any other good songs besides the ATV theme songs? $23 bucks is a bit pricey for like 5-6 good songs.
    I never really like to watch his stuff. In fact, I hate him because of his non-stop trash talk against TVB. He is currently working at the HK Cable TV company, and apparently he hasn't done anything good in recent history.

I really don't know much about his songs, since I don't watch any ATV stuff or listen to his songs at all. But from what I know, Track 1 of Disc 2 is quite popular because it was being used as the theme song of a HK movie from last year. Yes, the cd is very pricey. If you want some of the songs, you can probably find them from other Tsui Siu Ming cds (but right now only this 3cd album is on sales at Yesasia).

I never really like to watch his stuff. In fact, I hate him because of his non-stop trash talk against TVB. He is currently working at the HK Cable TV company, and apparently he hasn't done anything good in recent history.

Yeah, it was pretty rude when he said crap about TVB during the concert. He said that he used to work for them (maybe they treated him harshly while he was there?) I also don't like it when Eric Tsang says crap about ATV. LESS TRASH TALKING - MORE PRODUCTION OF QUALITY TELEVISION, PEOPLE!

On another note, I heard Tsui Siu Ming produced some major series for the HK cable station called "Tutor Queen" starring Michelle Ye. How are the reviews and TV ratings for that series? Does it measure up to TVB or ATV series?
    Last edited by bobbywu; 10-01-07 at 10:35 PM.

Yeah, it was pretty rude when he said crap about TVB during the concert. He said that he used to work for them (maybe they treated him harshly while he was there?) I also don't like it when Eric Tsang says crap about ATV. LESS TRASH TALKING - MORE PRODUCTION OF QUALITY TELEVISION, PEOPLE!

On another note, I heard Tsui Siu Ming produced some major series for the HK cable station called "Tutor Queen" starring Michelle Ye. How are the reviews and TV ratings for that series? Does it measure up to TVB or ATV series?
    Of cuz not. There are only 700,000 people that subscribe HK CABLE TV, and the number is decreasing day by day because of NOW Broadband TV getting English Premier League broadcast rights. The highest tv rating the CABLE TV could reach is 5pts....which is about the same as the average tv ratings of ATV. TVB usually gets an average of 28-30pts.

The ratings are that bad? That's a bit disappointing. I saw the cast list and it didn't look too bad, a few relatively known leads in Eric Kot, Michelle Ye, Candice Yu, and Roy Cheung (though nobody on the A-list). The plot, though somewhat odd, seemed different and somewhat original.

I was hoping that there would be a formidable competitor to TVB again. I missed the old days where the competition for ratings and talent between ATV and TVB sparked some very memorable series in the 1970s and 1980s.

The ratings are that bad? That's a bit disappointing. I saw the cast list and it didn't look too bad, a few relatively known leads in Eric Kot, Michelle Ye, Candice Yu, and Roy Cheung (though nobody on the A-list). The plot, though somewhat odd, seemed different and somewhat original.

I was hoping that there would be a formidable competitor to TVB again. I missed the old days where the competition for ratings and talent between ATV and TVB sparked some very memorable series in the 1970s and 1980s.
    Sorry, I don't think I explained it properly. HK Cable TV just doesn't have enough subscribers. Assuming all the Cable TV subscribers are watching "Tutor Queen", the TV rating would be 5pts, because that's the max tv rating they could get by basing on the number of subscribers they have.