Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATV actors that can sing

Default ATV actors who can sing

I find that there are actually quite a number of ATV actors that can sing well. The ones I feel can sing well are

Andrew Yuen Man Kit
    Gabriel Harrison
    Crystal Tin Yui Lei (ex-ATV)
    Benny Chan Chin Pang
    Pinky Cheung Man Chi
    Raymond Wong Chi Yin (sometimes ATV)
    Kenneth Chan Kai Tai
    Amy Chan Sau Man (sometimes ATV)

Anyone else?

I wonder why ATV didn't let Andrew sings more themesongs. I've heard him sing the subtheme of The Snow Is Red. He has a good voice and his singing was already pretty good back then. He was able to bring out the sadness of the song very well. I actually wanted to cry while listening to that song. With more polish, he could be a very good singer. His singing talent was really wasted at ATV.

Raymond is also another actor that deserves to have his own album. His rendition of the themesong of Venture Against Time is very good.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-16-06 at 02:51 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

I love the theme song on MDWAV1-3 and Son of the past! No idea who sing any of them but the songs on these 2 series r brilliant IMO!

no offence but I didnn't like the theme song on "snow is red"

Son of the Past/Venture Against Time - Raymond Wong
    My Date With A Vampire 1 - Linda Wong Hing Ping (Used to be a singer, now a TV host. Not under ATV. Don't think she's an actress. Maybe has acted one or 2 times)
    My Date With A Vampire 2 - Chiang Ga Ying (never seen her in ATV series before)
    My Date With a Vampire 3 - Kenneth Chan & Fung Ha Yin

really? Picky Cheung sing in one the theme song. Which one?

I think Benny Chan got great voice, first time listen to him sing was in Love in Maricle sing with Amy Chan. He's so fine!

Pinky Cheung sang the subtheme song of Central Affairs 2.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I find that there are actually quite a number of ATV actors that can sing well. The ones I feel can sing well are

Andrew Yuen Man Kit
    Gabriel Harrison
    Crystal Tin Yui Lei (ex-ATV)
    Benny Chan Chin Pang
    Pinky Cheung Man Chi
    Raymond Wong Chi Yin (sometimes ATV)
    Kenneth Chan Kai Tai
    Amy Chan Sau Man (sometimes ATV)

Anyone else?

I wonder why ATV didn't let Andrew sings more themesongs. I've heard him sing the subtheme of The Snow Is Red. He has a good voice and his singing was already pretty good back then. He was able to bring out the sadness of the song very well. I actually wanted to cry while listening to that song. With more polish, he could be a very good singer. His singing talent was really wasted at ATV.

Raymond is also another actor that deserves to have his own album. His rendition of the themesong of Venture Against Time is very good.
    Gabriel's a top quality singer. Correct me if I am wrong but I think he was the winner of a singing competition before? Unfortunately he came out around 94 or 95 when the Four Heavenly Kings were the most dominant and Daniel and Eason Chan were just emerging. Benny Chan also had a brief singing career when he was at TVB. I remember seeing him on Jade Solid Gold back in the days when Yuen Siu Cherng and Lee San San were still the hosts. He performed the Old Time Buddy's themesong and did a great job.

wow I didn't know gabriel could sing....where have you guys heard him sing?

And of course Benny Chan CHin Pang is a great singer!!!! there is just no question about that
    ALWAYS DREAMING OF CHAN CHIN PANG!

Quote Originally Posted by stylin-annie

And of course Benny Chan CHin Pang is a great singer!!!! there is just no question about that
    Gabriel was actually a singer turned actor. In my honest opinon, his singing talent is up there with Eason Chan, Hacken Lee and Chris Wong.

Quote Originally Posted by stylin-annie

Gabriel sang the subtheme of ATV series Anything But Him.

I agree there are many clips of Kenneth Chan at youtube and some of where he's singing. His voice is so strong, he deserves why more recognition than he has right. He loves music, I really think he should focus more on a singing career and sign with a music company. Not sure if ATV allows that but he really should. It's unfair that only TVB's actors get to do it and most who comes out with albums can't even sing people like Joe Ma, Ron Ng, etc can't sing yet can just com out with albums. It's so unfair. Why can't ATV collaborate with a music company, doesn't have to be a big one, could be a small one. ATV just doesn't use their artists talent to the full. It's sad but I feel Kenneth wasted alot of his time with ATV. His best looking period was during Project Ji Xiang but nowaday he looks so much older. He only has a hand full of series where as TVB actors even the new ones have way more.

So many are talented yet because ATV doesn't know how to promote them they're wasted. ATV doesn't have their own music show nor entertainment show that allows more exposer for that artsits. If they can make so many variety shows why can't they make one specifically for their actors and a music show where they can show off their talent. i can think of so many ways they can allow more exposer for them yet they don't do it. Instead they have their entertainment and function news mixed in with other health issue all in one show.

Kenneth Chan once had his own music special where he invited his friends which included Krystal Tin to sing with him. ATV can do more of that as well. They have many to make so much food or travel shows yet they can't even make something as simple as a music show and entertainment show? Entertainment show doesn't even need that much work just report on their own function, interview their own actors, have long interviews with an actor every twoo weeks or something.

Go here and check out someone upload Kenneth's clips
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hkpingping

Check out my clips too
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=sport3888
    Last edited by Sport3888; 12-10-06 at 05:03 AM.

Eric Wan on the other hand can't sing. He sang a version of the subsong of My Date With A Vampire II and it was horrible only reason I liked it was teh beginning with Joey Meng's speaking.

The original singer sang it so much better. Someone could easily mislead it to be sang by Eric cause their voices are very similiar.
    The song was sang by Lee Kwok Cheung. I think he's a really good singer. He came out again as a singer last year but doesn't seem to get that much publicity. Is he still gonna come out with new albums this year or next year?
    MV
    Nice to see the singers' MV

My Date With A Vampire II
    Love When Earth is Destroyed and the artist is Lee Kwok Cheung 李国祥
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thDJX3sD258

My Date With A Vampire II
    If ever we're really gonna meet again
    MV sang by Linda Wong
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_9bpADDJpo
    Last edited by Sport3888; 12-10-06 at 05:57 AM.

Listen to Andrew Yuen's singing here : 男儿无泪

Listen to Pinky Cheung's singing here : 忘了寵我

Btw, Chapman To also can sing very well.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-10-06 at 12:09 PM.

Yea jus realized th Pinky can actualy sing very well. Not so sure about Andrew Yuen and Chapman though heard them sing before and doesn't seem so great compared to the others. But they do have their own unique way of singing which is good. Don't like how Chapman's voice is kinda scratchy but he can sing with emotions. He's gotten alot fatter over the years, use to still look pretty good in My Date With A Vampire II. Really think he should slim down cause his figure right now makes him looks older.

Andrew sang the themesong to Cross Border Daddy, it was an old song resang by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sport3888
    Not so sure about Andrew Yuen and Chapman though heard them sing before and doesn't seem so great compared to the others. But they do have their own unique way of singing which is good.
    Just listen to the link I provided for Andrew Yuen. That link is not just for decoration. It's for u guys to listen to, to hear how he actually sounds at his best (I don't know whether it's his best or not. But his rendition of this song is pretty damn good, imho).

Btw, have u heard Chapman To sang 'Brothers'?
    Last edited by kidd; 12-11-06 at 04:26 AM.

Just listen to the link I provided for Andrew Yuen. That link is not just for decoration. It's for u guys to listen to, to hear how he actually sounds at his best (I don't know whether it's his best or not. But his rendition of this song is pretty damn good, imho).

Btw, have u heard Chapman To sang 'Brothers'?
    Yea I have, he sang that very well but his other songs haven't been that good just seem like his voice is scratchy especially when singing live. If his voice can clear up it'd be better. I mean there must be something good about him or else he wouldn't be part of Leon's Amusic company. As for Andrew Yuen he has his own singing style that seems kinda old fashion that sort makes me cringe when listening to him. I'd rather ATV give some singing chances to Ben Cheung Ka Lun, he seems to have lots of music talent from the interview I watched of him and he won many HK singing contests before. He sang alot in his interview too and at the end he was singing while playing his guitar. He sang a mandarin duet with another Miss Asia live at last year's ATV Singing Anniversary Show. He also sang Michael Jackson's Billie Jean for their actual anniversary show well they just played his pre recorded voice and he just danced to it but still he sang it very well and he was able to high the notes. He can dance very well too, think he was a dancer for ATV before going into hosting and acting.

Tried looking for the cd version of the brother song but couldn't find it, only the radio version.
    Last edited by Sport3888; 12-11-06 at 03:34 PM.

Well I don't like Hawick Lau since ATV he promoting him over other artists when he just joined them especially over my idol Benny Chan Chin Pang too that made me very mad. But his singing his also pretty good especially his new themesong for Tales of Walled Village.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/walledvillage/_image/singer02.jpg')

【大智】 大城小故事主題曲
    曲:張兆鴻
    詞:楊紹鴻
    唱:劉愷威

幾個無知加幾個白痴
    不知邊一個輸
    但願你會為我關注
    無奈是此刻彷似瘋子
    明明是爭風爭寵沒遏止
    又何用搞風搞雨不知所以
    名和利得失之間已沒意思 際遇
    無意 再接受做人三心兩意
    朋友兄弟不易
    去感覺這片真摯
    能夠互勉
    可以 同渡過面對的風雨
    要相信真心這名字
    再一次要一次 大智

http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/walledvillage/

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v0lvw3
    Last edited by Sport3888; 12-11-06 at 03:40 PM.

As for Andrew Yuen he has his own singing style that seems kinda old fashion that sort makes me cringe when listening to him.
    Then ATV should let Andrew sing themesongs for their wuxia/ancient series since his singing is old fashion. I personally enjoy his old fashion singing.

I'd rather ATV give some singing chances to Ben Cheung Ka Lun, he seems to have lots of music talent from the interview I watched of him and he won many HK singing contests before. He sang alot in his interview too and at the end he was singing while playing his guitar. He sang a mandarin duet with another Miss Asia live at last year's ATV Singing Anniversary Show. He also sang Michael Jackson's Billie Jean for their actual anniversary show well they just played his pre recorded voice and he just danced to it but still he sang it very well and he was able to high the notes. He can dance very well too, think he was a dancer for ATV before going into hosting and acting.
    Still can't find his singing clip and interview. Have u upload any to youtube? I remember your told me to go to some online TV section of ATV website. Can u give me the link again?

Then ATV should let Andrew sing themesongs for their wuxia/ancient series since his singing is old fashion. I personally enjoy his old fashion singing.

Still can't find his singing clip and interview. Have u upload any to youtube? I remember your told me to go to some online TV section of ATV website. Can u give me the link again?
    I'll probably upload it to youtube when I go home in about a week or less cause it's not on my labtop
    This the show that has some of the actors and actresses profile interview.
    藝員資訊
    http://app.hkatv.com/webtv/control.php?program=5000021

you need flashget to download the clips it's better to use internet explorer. So you click on the first part of which ever artists you want to watch then right-click to properties on that small windows media player screen, copy that url link, paste it to flashget and it should download very fast cause that's not the real file. You go to where that file you just downloaded is and you directly drag it to a firefox or internet exporer browser. A link would show up, that looks something mms://..... copy that link and paste it in flashget again and this time the real file should start downloading. You need to do that for each clip you want to download. Sometimes you can pretty much figure out the link after a while cause ATV's links are pretty similar in terms of format.

Thanks to Sport3888 about the information related to "Love when earth is destroyed" song. When watching My date with a vampire II, I'm interested in this song very much. I have just done searching on baidu.com and found out the song Eric Wan performed. Although he is not a good singer, but I still love this song (because of his character, maybe ). I will listen to the song performed by Lee Kwok Cheung to enjoy it. Thanks again.

Does anyone has the subsong sang by Lee Kwok Cheung? I tried searching for it but can't find it.