Thread: Had people like Pau Sik Yerk and Lee Ping heard of the Greats?

Default Had people like Pau Sik Yerk and Lee Ping heard of the Greats?

Fame and celebrity in the wuxia world wasn't what it is today. After all, wuxia stories take place in a time before the invention of the mass media, through which fame spreads quickly and almost limitlessly. Great martial artists like East Heretic Wong Yerk See, West Poison Au Yeung Fung, South Emperor Deun Chi Hing, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, and Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung were well-known to other martial artists . . . even weaker ones like Yeung Teet Sum and Gwok Siu Teen. What about their wives, though? Would people like Pau Sik Yerk and Lee Ping have heard of the Greats? Although they were simple housewives, their husbands were martial artists, so they might have heard their men discussing these Greats before.

Not many people in wulin knew about the Greats. Even the #7 Freak didn't know them, after she returned from Mongolia. I doubt GJ's and YK's fathers knew about them. Bao and Li wouldn't have a clue.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Did Mu Nian Ci know that it was H7Q who taught her some gongfu? I mean, did H7Q tell Mu Nian Ci who he actually was?

Originally posted by rabadi
    Did Mu Nian Ci know that it was H7Q who taught her some gongfu? I mean, did H7Q tell Mu Nian Ci who he actually was?
    From the tv series, Loch94 I recall Mu Nian Ci didn't know his name or who he is, just an old man she saved? I forgot how she encountered him....

What does the novel say?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    What does the novel say?
    I can't remember, that's why I asked. Well, if Mu Nian Ci did not even know it was H7Q who taught her, than probably GJ's and YK's mothers didn't know much about the Greats either.

Originally posted by Candide
    Not many people in wulin knew about the Greats. Even the #7 Freak didn't know them, after she returned from Mongolia. I doubt GJ's and YK's fathers knew about them. Bao and Li wouldn't have a clue.
    based on the comic book that I read and the adaptation that I watch I think she knew, cause Huang Rong told her that she also have the same kungfu style as here from the same teacher.

But I could be wrong.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.