Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The truth about Guo Xiang

Default The truth about Guo Xiang

We all know who Guo Xiang is. She's the most talented daughter of the Great Eagle Shooting Hero couple Guo Jing and Huang Rong. Guo Jing is considered as one of the most talented (if not the best because of GJ vs. YG arguments) and powerful fighters in the entire Condor Trilogy and Huang Rong is perhaps the most intellegent fighter herself, not to mention she's the best cook.

Guo Xiang herself is probably one of the most underrated Martial Arts prodigies in the Condor Trilogy. She obviously the most talented among her siblings. She founded E Mei School of Kung Fu which was one of the most prominent in the HSDS period. She roamed Jiang Hu from South to North, East to West in a search for the The One Armed Condor Hero, Yang Guo. Though unsuccesfully, we can definitely assume that she met thousands of fighters during her journeys and thus, she survived and founded E Mei.

In the beginning of HSDS, GX has shown tremendous talent and marvellous knowledge of techniques from numerous Kung Fu schools. We can probably assume during her lifetime, she mastered all of Peach Blossom Kung Fu, parts and bits of Beggar Clan techniques (including Dog Beating techniques), Some understanding of Yi Deng's 1YZ, Maybe some of Guo Jing's Vacant Fist or L-R Technique, maybe some Quan Zhen techniques, some techniques from the Condor couple (YG and XLN) perhaps some parts of 9-Yin, and definitely parts of 9-Yang.

Thus, several questions are yet to be answered (with speculation) :

1) Is there enough facts to say that Guo Xiang perhaps the only person in the entire Condor Trilogy who has been exposed to both 9-Yin and 9-Yang ?

2) Being a Martial Arts prodigy, is it safe to say that during her era, after she founded E Mei, at her peak, she's probably could be considered as one of the Greats herself, along with ZSF.

3) We always talks about Lin Chao Ying being great and all, but the truth is, even her techniques were defeated by 9-Yin. Guo Xiang had exposure (perhaps) to 9-Yin from her parents, and the Condor Hero couple, not to mention she created her own E Mei style. Thus, shouldn't (with some speculation) Guo Xiang perhaps be the best female prodigy in the Condor Trilogy ?

3) And the final question, How great was Guo Xiang at her peak ?
    Last edited by Temujin; 02-17-04 at 09:39 PM.

Default Re: The truth about Guo Xiang

What we do know about Guo Xiang is that she is Singaporean Just kidding, I am talking about our fellow SPCNet member Guo Xiang.

Okay, back to the topic, perhaps just like other JY's fans, I wish there was more story told about GX and Z3F in the beginning of HSDS. We do have more info on Z3F but we don't have that much on GX. Anyway:

1) Is there enough facts to say that Guo Xiang perhaps the only person in the entire Condor Trilogy who has been exposed to both 9-Yin and 9-Yang?
    Yes, probably it is safe to say that she was exposed to both, although I think her 9-Yin exposure was probably much more than her 9-Yang exposure. But if you talk about facts then I don't know, I just make the assessment based on my gut feeling.

2) ...she's probably could be considered as one of the Greats herself, along with ZSF.
    This I do not know. How old again when she died in HSDS? If I am not mistaken, she didn't reach old age. So, while she might have been pretty formidable, but she PROBABLY had not reach her peak yet.

3) ...shouldn't (with some speculation) Guo Xiang perhaps be the best female prodigy in the Condor Trilogy?
    Maybe yes, maybe not.

4) And the final question, How great was Guo Xiang at her peak?
    Same with answer #2 above.
    Last edited by rabadi; 02-17-04 at 10:08 PM.

Cool Replies

1) Is there enough facts to say that Guo Xiang perhaps the only person in the entire Condor Trilogy who has been exposed to both 9-Yin and 9-Yang ?
    --- ZWJ?
    2) Being a Martial Arts prodigy, is it safe to say that during her era, after she founded E Mei, at her peak, she's probably could be considered as one of the Greats herself, along with ZSF.
    --- Hard to say. She learned so many skills like HuangRong, and she may have integrated these skills like Young YangGuo before PassionlessValley. Her situation is like LinChuYing and QuanZhengFounder; meaning, Z3F is better than her.
    3) We always talks about Lin Chao Ying being great and all, but the truth is, even her techniques were defeated by 9-Yin. Guo Xiang had exposure (perhaps) to 9-Yin from her parents, and the Condor Hero couple, not to mention she created her own E Mei style. Thus, shouldn't (with some speculation) Guo Xiang perhaps be the best female prodigy in the Condor Trilogy ?
    --- How much did GX exposed to 9Yin? [like YangGuo?]. Knowing how to defeat AncientTomb technique was the ingenity of QuanZhengFound+9Yin principles+AncientTombTechniquesOnWall.

Default Re: Replies

Originally posted by Anonymous
    --- ZWJ?
    ZWJ did not practice 9-Yin. While there's a great possibility that Guo Xiang learn some 9-Yin technique from her parents or from some of YG/XLN martial arts taught to her.

Okay, so this thread is about my wify Xiang'er?

It is unknown if she actually know any technique from 9 Yin at all.

That we can't be sure. But I sort of lean toward that Z3F should be at a higher martial arts level than GX.

She might or might not, since we don't know how good she is. HR with her dog beating stick and 9 Yin knowledge can also start a sect of her on. So can XLN, who processes all her Ancient Tomb martial arts, small part of 9 Yin, L/R techniques, and some QZ martial arts too.

3) And the final question, How great was Guo Xiang at her peak ?
    No one but JY knows probably.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I guess "Yes"

I would say "Yes" again, and might be she was better than Z3F when they were at the same age. (mid 40-50, if she were lucky enough to live that long )

Maybe ....

4) And the final question, How great was Guo Xiang at her peak ? [/B][/QUOTE]

Dont know, I guess she was great enough to be categorised as one of the best martial artists at her time.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

She didn't know Nine Yin. This was told by Miejue and Zhou Zhiruo in HSDS.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

To answer the questions:

1. Yes

2.How about the founder of Khun Lun Sect? Can he be considered as one of the Greats as well along with Guoxiang and Z3F at that time?

3. Guo Xiang might not be the best female. Maybe, the Yellow Girl who appeared in HSDS is better. I am inclined to think that the Yellow Girl's kongfu should be so strong otherwise she should not be so brave to expose herself and interfere with wuxia world.

4.We do not know how great Guo Xiang was at her peak. However, it might be able to assume that she is the best female figher during her peak given the fact that there were no good fighters during the time between ROCH and HSDS.

Originally posted by Thai guy
    To answer the questions:

2.How about the founder of Khun Lun Sect? Can he be considered as one of the Greats as well along with Guoxiang and Z3F at that time?

He ZuDao is not a founder of Kwun Lun.

Although he successfully challenged Shaolin at the start of HSDS, and his fame still shone at the Battle of Brightness Peak, IMHO, he never really reached a level equivalent to the Greats, but then again that's purely speculation.

Originally posted by Temujin
    In the beginning of HSDS, GX has shown tremendous talent and marvellous knowledge of techniques from numerous Kung Fu schools. We can probably assume during her lifetime, she mastered all of Peach Blossom Kung Fu, parts and bits of Beggar Clan techniques (including Dog Beating techniques), Some understanding of Yi Deng's 1YZ, Maybe some of Guo Jing's Vacant Fist or L-R Technique, maybe some Quan Zhen techniques, some techniques from the Condor couple (YG and XLN) perhaps some parts of 9-Yin, and definitely parts of 9-Yang.
    Was she taught Dog Beating tech? I thought that was only for the leader of begger clan.

I dont think she mastered all those. I dont even think HR mastered all of Peach Blossom kung fu.
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

The young Gwok Seung had the same problem that her mother, Wong Yung, and her idol, Yeung Gor, once had when they were young: she had bits and parts of many elite martial arts skills, but complete mastery of none of them. I imagine that eventually, Gwok Seung followed in Yeung Gor's footsteps to the extent that she fused the fragments of martial arts skills that she had into an entirely new martial art style . . . which was the Ngor Mei Sect's martial arts techniques.

Gwok Seung apparently had no working knowledge of 9 Yum Jen Ging, and only a portion of the 9 Yeung Jen Ging. The latter, of course, was an important component of the Ngor Mei Sect's kung fu.

Thanks Lav.

Question #1 is solved.

Guo Xiang never learnt 9 Yin. I really found it hard to believe since she's the only promising and the most talented child of GJ/HR couple. Were GJ/HR too busy protecting Xiang Yang from the Mongols' invasion ? I thought Yang Guo taught her some of his Martial Arts and YG's kungfu has some 9-Yin elements implemented to it right ? So, indirectly, don't you think she knows a little bit of 9-Yin, although it's not the actual 9-Yin.

Question #2

Most of us here agree that (with some assumptions and speculation).... YES... she might be considered as one of the Greats during her era, along with ZSF, considering what she had accomplished during her lifetime.

Question #3

She's definitely a prodigy. Talented, Carefree, Knowledagle, and certainly an inventor herself by mixing all the Martial Arts she knew and founded E Mei Kung Fu school.

The question is .. is she better than LCY ? How old was GX when she passed away ? Anyone know ?

Question #4

We don't really know since there's not enough information. But we know that from her accomplishment, she was probably an equivallent of ZSF and could very will be considered a Great during her lifetime.

Question #1 is solved.

Guo Xiang never learnt 9 Yin. I really found it hard to believe since she's the only promising and the most talented child of GJ/HR couple. Were GJ/HR too busy protecting Xiang Yang from the Mongols' invasion ? I thought Yang Guo taught her some of his Martial Arts and YG's kungfu has some 9-Yin elements implemented to it right ? So, indirectly, don't you think she knows a little bit of 9-Yin, although it's not the actual 9-Yin.
    Well yes, they were busy. And they can't possibly teach me when I'm really out there running about most of the time! ^^()

Question #2

Most of us here agree that (with some assumptions and speculation).... YES... she might be considered as one of the Greats during her era, along with ZSF, considering what she had accomplished during her lifetime.
    I won't comment on this... It's good to be humble.

Question #3

She's definitely a prodigy. Talented, Carefree, Knowledagle, and certainly an inventor herself by mixing all the Martial Arts she knew and founded E Mei Kung Fu school.

The question is .. is she better than LCY ? How old was GX when she passed away ? Anyone know ?
    Thank you. But I decline to reveal the age in which I passed away at. A woman's age is a secret when she starts to get old and I'm no longer young when I passed out of this world. Think! XD!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

yup, GX doesn't know 9 Yin. In begin of HSDS, GX said that the 9 Yang theory was opposite of her parent's martial arts(HL18Z and maybe Peach Blossom Kung Fu). If you look at it, 9 Yin and 9 Yang are almost the same in theory. If she know 9 Yin, she wouldn't say that about 9 Yang.

Remember 9 Yang tell to attack opponent after the opponent move while HL18Z tell to attack first.

I think you readed the 1st Verison of HSDS where He ZuDao was founder of Khun Lun Sect(at least that was my impression when I readed it.) In the 2nd Verison, he wasn't the founder.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 02-18-04 at 01:50 PM.

They weren't that busy, but GX simply wasn't good enough to learn 9 yin at that time. She wasn't dedicated enough either. She was like Huang Rong, like learning lots of things just for fun.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

i don't think it's fair to say that GX is an equivalent to Z3F. even though GX is overall my favorite female in all of JY universe, that doesn't mean she's better. what we have to remember here is that even though GX knew a myriad of techniques, her internal energy could never hope to compare with Z3F. even at the time of the shaolin monastery in the beginning of HSDS, Z3F's internal energy was already comparable to 3saints (HeZuDao) if not even higher. given at the same time, Z3F would of course be far superior to GX.

however, that doesn't mean GX is a pushover, either...the problem is, i don't know how powerful Emei's sword style really is. could it defeat QZ (and therefore AT as well)? it seems likely, because while Emei only became more famous QZ died out completely by ZWJ's time. at any rate, i'd put her below the condor trilogy greats by a little, but definitely superior to LMC. i doubt she could beat LCY.

but man, isn't she cute in HSDS/ROCH tho? in my opinion, she's the best prodigy because compared to all the other female Greats, she had the best temper...could you imagine living with TSTL as a wife? ugh.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

I would like to try having Li Mo Chou as my wife!

I would like to try having Li Mo Chou as my wife!
    Why, you like the thrill?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

hey, JY did say in ROCH that LMC was incredibly fine...just not as fine as XLN. and she was a lot older, so i guess she ages well...i'm imagining kristin kreuk vs. kelly hu here man. since XLN was gonna kill YG so many times through the novel anyways, i wouldn't mind LMC...she melts at a man's touch.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

4) And the final question, How great was Guo Xiang at her peak ? At her peak she is on par with the sweeper monk.
    Wow, if that's true (BIG IF), she's even surpass her father & YG.
    Last edited by Raden Wijaya; 02-18-04 at 11:39 PM.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!