Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yang Guo vs. You Tan Zhi

Default Yang Guo vs. You Tan Zhi

who would win?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Yau Tan Tze had a monstrous amount of inner power, but not much skill or experience to speak of. If Yeung Gor can avoid getting hit, he could possibly take this one. I recommend that he bring the Heavy Iron Sword, however. When there's that much of an inner power discrepancy, a man needs every advantage he can get.

How do you think the sad palms would compare to YTZ?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Originally posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    How do you think the sad palms would compare to YTZ?
    I don't think it would be a good idea for Yeung Gor to try Sad Palms on Yau Tan Tze. That would be playing to Yau's strengths (inner power). To win, Yeung Gor has to play to his own strength (better techniques). To beat Yau Tan Tze, Yeung Gor would have to make sure not to get hit (one hit could be fatal), and strike with the Heavy Iron Sword.

besides Xiao Feng and all the plot device characters, who do you think could meet palms with YTZ?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

I also think that is is not a good idea for Yang Gor to go head on with YTZ. YTZ can evenly match palm with XF, and even caused him distress.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

well, sad palms was said to be comparable to XL18Z...so if YG would actually be able to fire those palms up, he'll have a good chance.

I don't think YG's sad palms can compare to the Hl18Z of XF. He's one of the biggest powerhouse.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I could feel another YG vs XF vs GJ vs JLFW debate coming up again

Anyway, agree with most that YG should rely more on his better technique to battle YTZ. It is too risky to match palms.

Originally posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    besides Xiao Feng and all the plot device characters, who do you think could meet palms with YTZ?
    Hui Juk, *maybe* Mo Yung Bok, Siu Yeun San, or Kau Mor Tze. Teen San Tung Lo, Lee Chou Sui, and Mo Ngai Tze could probably do it. NOBODY from the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY could do it.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Hui Juk, *maybe* Mo Yung Bok, Siu Yeun San, or Kau Mor Tze. Teen San Tung Lo, Lee Chou Sui, and Mo Ngai Tze could probably do it. NOBODY from the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY could do it.
    Why 'maybe'? MYB and XYS are about XF's level. They should be able to match him like XF did. They just would feel pain like XF did.

XZ should not feel any pain though. And he should blow YTZ backwards as well.

Duan Yu by Cap. 50 should be able to do it too. Plus he is also immune to poison.

Originally posted by CC
    Why 'maybe'? MYB and XYS are about XF's level. They should be able to match him like XF did. They just would feel pain like XF did.
    Exactly. Kiu Fung wasn't doing that well in a pure inner power battle with Yau Tan Tze. Yau *was* stronger than Kiu in that department (but Kiu's overall superiority meant he would win the fight). Mo Yung Bok and Siu Yeun San wouldn't do any better than Kiu Fung in an inner power contest with Yau Tan Tze, although they could beat him with their superior fighting skills.

You Tan Zhi would win it, like Ken said he had a large amount of inner power plus his deadly poison.
    YG wasn't immune to poison and I don't think that YG sad palm & Heavy Iron Sword could overcome that.
    YG must used Ah Zhi as a prisoner so that YTZ would surrender easily (this's just a joke).
    Last edited by Raden Wijaya; 02-19-04 at 07:52 AM.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Exactly. Kiu Fung wasn't doing that well in a pure inner power battle with Yau Tan Tze. Yau *was* stronger than Kiu in that department (but Kiu's overall superiority meant he would win the fight). Mo Yung Bok and Siu Yeun San wouldn't do any better than Kiu Fung in an inner power contest with Yau Tan Tze, although they could beat him with their superior fighting skills.
    Unless it was different in the other revisions, XF wasn't losing or getting pushed back. He just started feeling cold pain from the poison after repeated contacts with YTZ while he was focusing on MRF. So YTZ was not stronger in power, just that he had poison on him.

In fact, when he was blasting with his full force, it was stated explicitly that the cold yin energy from YTZ 'was not able to invade his body'. So XF might actually be stronger still.

What CC said. XF wasn't weaker in terms of inner power. YTZ's icy and poisonous inner energy was simply "annoying" to him. It was a bit like how the needle-like energy from the Persian messengers was very annoying and a bit painful for Zhang Wu Ji.

Xu Zhu should be able to blast YTZ away. YTZ's only advantage is his inner power, too bad Xu Zhu's inner power is just crazy.

Yang Guo would have to use every trick he knows, otherwise he'll get killed. YTZ's palm strike is very poisonous and deadly. I don't think YG"s inner power is pure and strong enough to block YTZ's palm blast.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Once again...generally people think that YG is, without a doubt, inferior to Xiao Feng and even Xiao Feng's defeated opponent's. Yet, they think that he could beat Guo Jing, who is considered by many more to possibly stand a chance against Xiao Feng.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Once again...generally people think that YG is, without a doubt, inferior to Xiao Feng and even Xiao Feng's defeated opponent's. Yet, they think that he could beat Guo Jing, who is considered by many more to possibly stand a chance against Xiao Feng.
    because of this, I sometime don't believe what people said until I read it myself. I do believe YG and GJ to be about equal.

I also think it wierd when comparing GJ to XF. They never compare GJ to the people like MRB, XF's dad, and JMZ. Because they too are around the level of XF.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 02-19-04 at 06:03 PM.

Me, leaning towards Yang Guo. But why didn't you do a poll?

Originally posted by CC
    Unless it was different in the other revisions, XF wasn't losing or getting pushed back. He just started feeling cold pain from the poison after repeated contacts with YTZ while he was focusing on MRF. So YTZ was not stronger in power, just that he had poison on him.

In fact, when he was blasting with his full force, it was stated explicitly that the cold yin energy from YTZ 'was not able to invade his body'. So XF might actually be stronger still.
    I disagree. The novel stated that XF used all his might to fight the two, and YTZ handled most of XF's raw power. If he's able to take XF's blows while XF had trouble taking his, it makes sense that YTZ *might* have more internal energy. As far as not being able to reach XF, it's probably because YTZ couldn't use his energy properly. Internal energy both powers him up and protects him, and since he had no fighting knowledge or experience, we can get a better judgement from the defense view, which shows that YTZ is probably better. Same deal as XZ vs JMZ, where XZ could defend but not offend much.

Otherwise I tend to agree that XF wasn't really "losing." However, he was at a slight disadvantage, which MRF believed would start kicking in effect after half an hour.
    Last edited by PJ; 02-19-04 at 10:44 PM.

Originally posted by CC
    Unless it was different in the other revisions...
    Has the third edition/revision out yet? Well, I guess even if it is already out it will be many more years or perhaps even decades before it is translated into English. *sigh*