Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Ziyi!

Quote Originally Posted by Arya Svit-kona
    Hey I'm in America, so could someone recommend like a teen pop magazine? Preferably with my fave actresses in it...they're in my signature...
    i dont think there's any magazines in america with the asian actresses you like. and you dont like Vicki Zhao? she's a bit known from shaolin soccer.

Thought I'd say that I just saw her on a Maybelline commercial. Wow, she has gone really far with her fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nhi
    Thought I'd say that I just saw her on a Maybelline commercial. Wow, she has gone really far with her fame.
    yep, and i saw her in a visa commerical for chinese

Quote Originally Posted by kittyknguyen
    yep, and i saw her in a visa commerical for chinese
    oh really.....well, good for her.

have you guys seen Memoirs Of A Geisha?! it's wonderfull
    currently in love with: Moses Chan and Bernice Liu

great.nice

MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA was a super movie! I loved it! Probably one of my favorite Asian films made by American people.
    LOVE is the sourse of all INSPIRATION.

LIU YI FEI <3

zhang ziyi was wonderful in memoirs of a geisha. i can't wait to see more of her! i'm really looking foward to her film with zhou xun.

yeah, memories of geisha was very good. but her english accent sound little weird. maybe becuz she's not fluence yet. we'll have to wait and see for any change.

i read in a magazine tah she's sick and left to the hospital. they said it might be from the cost of gas or pollution inside the studio. is tis late or recent news?

i also hear that they are talking abt making the real life version of mulan. and zhang ziyi might be starting as the main girl. but i'm not sure yet. it's just an rumor. we have to wait till the script of mulan is done to see if zhang ziyi gonna play the main character.
    :*'-'* sw33t_anGeL *'-'*:

Unhappy ZZY in Mulan???

Quote Originally Posted by sw33t_angel
    yeah, memories of geisha was very good. but her english accent sound little weird. maybe becuz she's not fluence yet. we'll have to wait and see for any change.

i read in a magazine tah she's sick and left to the hospital. they said it might be from the cost of gas or pollution inside the studio. is tis late or recent news?

i also hear that they are talking abt making the real life version of mulan. and zhang ziyi might be starting as the main girl. but i'm not sure yet. it's just an rumor. we have to wait till the script of mulan is done to see if zhang ziyi gonna play the main character.
    Oh No!!
    I've been waiting for the real life version of Mulan for the last few years. My understanding is that Michelle Yeoh has been chosen for this part, but for some reason or other it keeps being put off. I guess Michelle isn't getting any younger and maybe ZZY could probably be more believable disguised as a boy.
    Still this news is a big disappointment for me.

Does anybody have pics of Zhang Ziyi in cannes 2003? She had bangs and left her hair unbundled,was wearing a black du dou with skirt.I know wireimage has those,but Im not a member so I can't have full access to the wonderful pics..if anybody has please share!! Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by sw33t_angel

Did she know english when she was filimg with Jackie Chan on Rush Hour 2? She was given lines in chinese and throughout the whole movie, the only english words she says are "some apple?"

Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl
    Did she know english when she was filimg with Jackie Chan on Rush Hour 2? She was given lines in chinese and throughout the whole movie, the only english words she says are "some apple?"
    She didn't know English at that time. I heard that for that role Jackie Chan had to translate for her and he helped her with what little english lines she had.

Quote Originally Posted by dogwood457
    Oh No!!
    I've been waiting for the real life version of Mulan for the last few years. My understanding is that Michelle Yeoh has been chosen for this part, but for some reason or other it keeps being put off. I guess Michelle isn't getting any younger and maybe ZZY could probably be more believable disguised as a boy.
    Still this news is a big disappointment for me.
    For me, too. I do not consider ZZY a good actor at all. Really do not understand why she get so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by tw1nkletoes89
    MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA was a super movie! I loved it! Probably one of my favorite Asian films made by American people.

oh! I love that movie! Its so good. I love Zhang Ziyi's acting, so strong.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyx
    oh! I love that movie! Its so good. I love Zhang Ziyi's acting, so strong.
    I rather thought she was very meek and quiet for her role so she didn't show much in her acting. I think she does better in Chinese movies when she's not trying so hard to speak English.

I dont know incomparable is the word I'd use to describe ZZY.

Those who say she can't act for crap need to stand back and watch her performance in 2046.

Default ZHANG ZIYI: WHO'S NEXT AFTER HER

IF THERE IS A CHINESE ACTRESS WHO'S THE COMPLETE EMBODIMENT OF SUCCESS, GLAMOUR AND SEXINESS IT'S NONE OTHER THAN ZHANG ZIYI..

SHE HAS CAPTURED HOLYWOOD AND THE WORLD...

OTHERS HAVE YET TO FOLLOW....

WHO WOULD IT BE?

Um i think your wrong by far. Times two. Many Americans still don't know who Zhang Ziyi is and she hasn't captured the world or Hollywood. So far it's only 1 out of 100 Chinese stars who can make it here in America. So far I don't think really any except maybe Gong Li.

Actually, Zhang Ziyi has gotten more attention from Americans than Gong Li, or any other Chinese actress. They seem to think she is the hottest Asian actress ever. However, I'm pretty sure she's just temporary...soon, some other star will take over.

Personally, I do not like Zhang Ziyi's acting very much, nor do I think she is the prettiest. She was all right in The Road Home, but her performance in Memoirs of a Geisha was not very exceptional. And the Chinese public don't seem to love her much, with MOAG and all the reports about her being somewhat arrogant.