Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Ziyi!

Overrated
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

i still prefer Gong Li than Zhang Zi Yi.. *my 2 cents*

Zhang Zi Yi is well-known in Australia and America, I think, whereas Gong Li's fanclub is more in Europe.
    History repeats itself. Historians simply repeat each other.

hmm.sometimes i want to side kick her or sometihng... i don't think she is that pretty or talented

Anyways, the actual question.
    Fan Bing Bing is soooooo next to Hollywood. She'll show Zhang Zi Yi. She ROX!!!!!
    我爱范冰冰,Twins, 杨恭如,林心如,陈好,王艳,孙菲菲
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!
    Atra gulai un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise skoliro fra rauthr...

Quote Originally Posted by Arya Svit-kona
    Anyways, the actual question.
    Fan Bing Bing is soooooo next to Hollywood. She'll show Zhang Zi Yi. She ROX!!!!!
    Well I don't that many Asian actresses will survive in Hollywood. Nothing against FBB but I don't she will make to there and still be red hot and gamous in America. Hollywood is so mcuh harder to succeed than there in China you must have the looks, body, and the acting.
    If you started, you must finished.
    If you do it, you must give it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer
    Well I don't that many Asian actresses will survive in Hollywood. Nothing against FBB but I don't she will make to there and still be red hot and gamous in America. Hollywood is so mcuh harder to succeed than there in China you must have the looks, body, and the acting.
    I dont think hollywood actresses are any better thn mainland actresses. Not everyone has the looks or acting skills in hollywood. I get really annoyed when people think the world of hollywood and totally ignore much more talented people outside that circle. If anything, they are merely overrated and exposed as compared to other actors around the world. Hollywood actors are wealthy and famous simply because they have tons of publicity stunts, are given tons of exposure and endorsements, something which the Asian market still cannot afford to have.

BTW, it's very simple why it is very difficult for chinese actresses or as a matter of fact, any asian actor to make it famous in hollywood given how beautiful or talented they may be.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

i dont know who after zhang ziyi, but out of all the asia who hit hollywood tah i like most, is michelle yeoh. she got the talent. and consider her age, she got the body.
    :*'-'* sw33t_anGeL *'-'*:

By the looks of it, I would say that Fan Bing Bing should be next, primarily because she has the guts to go for the sexy image, which is a MUST if you're going into Hollywood. Zhang Zi Yi probably won over a lot of her audience through those means. Now, her English could be a problem, but we'll see if she improves or not.

Zhang ZI Yi got the title number one Action Star in Hollywood , beating Michelle Yeoh and Jet Li

I definitely agree Hollywood actresses are not much better than Mainland actresses, plus Hollywood has such a stereotypical view of Asians, so there are such a limited range of roles. It's like, to them, an Asian character is like an alien, whereas in Asian films, you can see that Asians are human beings. Just my two cents.

I think Gong Li looks very good for her age...personally, I like her more than ZZY as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I definitely agree Hollywood actresses are not much better than Mainland actresses, plus Hollywood has such a stereotypical view of Asians, so there are such a limited range of roles. It's like, to them, an Asian character is like an alien, whereas in Asian films, you can see that Asians are human beings. Just my two cents.

I think Gong Li looks very good for her age...personally, I like her more than ZZY as well.

eh, i feel it is just discrimatio in general.

I mean, in Asian cinema, i don't see white actors getting prominent either.. revenge for discrimanation, yah?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    eh, i feel it is just discrimatio in general.

I mean, in Asian cinema, i don't see white actors getting prominent either.. revenge for discrimanation, yah?
    That's a good point, sure, but I guess it's since white actors wouldn't come acting in Asian cinema even if they had the chance, since everyone seems to have the perception Hollywood is better. There have been some movies I have greatly enjoyed, but some plotlines that Hollywood seriously destroyed. Meanwhile, there have been some pretty bad Chinese films, but also some very quality ones. So where does Hollywood really...surpass...Asian cinema?

But if an actor/actress could get better roles in their own country, rather than stereotypical ones in Hollywood, I'd say own country is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    That's a good point, sure, but I guess it's since white actors wouldn't come acting in Asian cinema even if they had the chance, since everyone seems to have the perception Hollywood is better. There have been some movies I have greatly enjoyed, but some plotlines that Hollywood seriously destroyed. Meanwhile, there have been some pretty bad Chinese films, but also some very quality ones. So where does Hollywood really...surpass...Asian cinema?

But if an actor/actress could get better roles in their own country, rather than stereotypical ones in Hollywood, I'd say own country is better.

Too bad quality acting isn't what many people are after nowadayz--it's the $$ and fame and Hollywood really is better for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Zhang ZI Yi got the title number one Action Star in Hollywood , beating Michelle Yeoh and Jet Li
    i wonder what their standard is for that?

i'm confused?

much of the discrimination must have come so far because of color.....

and of course power....

hollywood is much hyped but definitely if race is not an issue, there are much better looking asian actors and actresses who can really, really act well...

but i guess asians are typecasted in martial arts.... if asian actors get past this stigma and of course the viewing audience matures, asian actors could give their holywood counterparts a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by windstorm
    much of the discrimination must have come so far because of color.....

and of course power....

hollywood is much hyped but definitely if race is not an issue, there are much better looking asian actors and actresses who can really, really act well...

but i guess asians are typecasted in martial arts.... if asian actors get past this stigma and of course the viewing audience matures, asian actors could give their holywood counterparts a run for their money.
    I suppose. I think there are are many great actors and actresses in Asia who are just being typcasted as the "martial arts" roles. But looks, well I ask my friends about asian actresses and actors ( they are caucasian), and they said that they dont' find any actresses that are hotter/prettier than the American stars SOme even said Paris Hilton ( which i find diosgusting) is hotter than certain asian actresses here. I think that for most of the people who post in this forum have some knowledge about asian stars so of course we find them to be good looking.... however, i can't say the same for Caucasian and black population who know nothing about the Asian cinema.

However, I can say a handful of actors/actresses in Asia can not act either. *cough cough recycled Miss Hk's

The only good thing i can say about the AMerican cinema is the graphics and a wider range of stars ( age, looks) that i don't see so much in Asian cinema. SOmehow in Asian cinema, there always have to be the "beautiful" people( your models, Miss Hk, Miss china etc) who can't act for crap.. while the American Cinema have alot of "ugly", fat, old, young stars who can act.

IN short, there are good and bad on both sides
    Again, this is subjective, don't snap at me

Question

i agree with you on that....

asians in my observation, are obssessed with youth....

as you said recycled Ms. HKs?, if we get past that kind of thinking maybe we have a chance after all...

but maybe asian producers are just following what the audience wants: that is,the audience wants fresh and young faces ( maybe i'm wrong here)

but since the asian audience are becoming mature, maybe these filmmakers will listen....

provided we use fat, ugly stars here in asia to star in a movie ( provided they can act well) do you think it will be a hit?

Paris Hilton is awfully disgusting has the look of a typical blonde pr0n star

Quote Originally Posted by windstorm
    i
    provided we use fat, ugly stars here in asia to star in a movie ( provided they can act well) do you think it will be a hit?

I . can't say now.It seems the asian population are to obessed with weight loss