Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Zhang Ziyi!

Originally posted by Southern Crane
    SkineePanda, can you or anyone else here honestly say from first hand experience that Zhang Ziyi isn't nice, humble and/or sincere? I can honestly say first hand that she's all three and more.
    Wait...you said first hand. Does that mean that you actually know her personally? If not, then that doesn't exactly count as first hand.
    Honestly, I have no idea how she is in real life, but for you to say "honestly" that "she's all three and more" when you don't even know her is just, oh, I dunno...a bit biased and overboard, don't you think?
    That's why I mainly just judge her on her acting abilities and physical appearance, both of which I deem to be pretty average.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 02-24-04 at 11:15 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

SkineePanda, can you or anyone else here honestly say from first hand experience that Zhang Ziyi isn't nice, humble and/or sincere? I can honestly say first hand that she's all three and more. My ultimate point being that there is very little to support all this negative trash talk about Ziyi's character and personality, especially when I know directly otherwise.

People are entitled to their opinions. In fact, they're welcomed -- even negative ones. But, when I know something not to be true -- just an unsupported rumor -- I'll press for support by asking questions. When it comes to Ziyi's character and personality, I'm sure I'm far more qualified than most to address what is and isn't true since I know her personally. Maybe that'll mean "shit" to you...

btw, given her humility, you would never hear of that beggar, orphan baby or Disney movie.
    Again, WHICH PART of my posts did I say that she isn't nice. I was just explaining that being the most influential watever , most famous watever, top ten whatever, have no bearing on what that person is like inside. Seriously fanboy, I have nothing against her. Why don't you just calm down. If you're actually mad about her breast feeding a orphan, I apologize to your idol. Its just a metaphor to prove my point.

I'm sorry Zhang Ziyi. I know that you never been pregnant thus you have no ability to lactate.

CrazyLilAngel, I wasn't the one judging a celebrity by their charities. SkineePanda first commented on that, so I'll just assume your rant was addressed at him/her.
    Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Wait...you said first hand. Does that mean that you actually know her personally?
    Yes. I've been a fan for years now. Eventually, I was able to make contact with her manager. From there, I was able to make friends with her. Her English has improved greatly over time. Though not perfect, it's conversational. I can objectively say from what I've seen of her in person that she's a fine person with good character. I'd just like to see someone else honestly say and prove otherwise.

SkineePanda, other than your condescending tone, I've taken nothing you've said personally...
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

Hmm. It's funny that you didn't mention this personal interaction that you've had with her earlier, SC, or maybe I just didn't read very carefully.
    Anyway, it's cool that you've been lucky enough to have had the chance to get to know your favorite celebrity(or one of them, at least) on a more profound level.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

It's just a message board. I initially didn't think it was important to mention -- not until people started saying stuff I knew not to be true. Again, opinions are fine. But if you can't support what you have to say.....

My whole point originally was to make SPC a safe place for fans of Ziyi. Obviously, it's gonna be difficult.

CrazyLilAngel, I wasn't the one judging a celebrity by their charities. SkineePanda first commented on that, so I'll just assume your rant was addressed at him/her.
    It wasn't directed towards anyone. It was just a generic comment on the topic of charity. I wasn't aware who had brought it up since I flew through the posts.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

I'm a him. But u have to admit, to be able to pull a beggar out of a burning house, takes guts. Breast-feeding a orphan, takes love. And crying watching a Disney movie takes compassion. Acts like that can't be faked. But appearing on Forbes however only means you know how to make money.

SkineePanda, other than your condescending tone, I've taken nothing you've said personally...
    I personally don't know why you would assume that I hate Zhang Ziyi. In fact after watching Musa and Hero I began to like her more. Even after reading my comments over again, I still didn't think what I said was wrong and I never said anything like"Zhang Ziyi is untalented and arrogant". Just trying to say fame can be misleading.

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Hmm. It's funny that you didn't mention this personal interaction that you've had with her earlier, SC, or maybe I just didn't read very carefully.
    Anyway, it's cool that you've been lucky enough to have had the chance to get to know your favorite celebrity(or one of them, at least) on a more profound level.
    You can sound patronizing without even trying, thats a skill which I have yet to master. LOL

Originally posted by divinefish
    You can sound patronizing without even trying, thats a skill which I have yet to master. LOL
    Excuse me?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

whoa....*looks around* Its hot in here!

Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

is zhang ziyi worth it for you guys to argue like this?

i think we only should judge actors and actresses by their talents only. not ther personality, some can be nice in interviews but that doesn't mean they are really nice, whether they are nice or not we don't know, and we can't know it from several minutes of interview we see on tv or from rumors. we only know their personality if we are really friends with them in real life.

by talent, Zhang ziyi is alright, she's not bad, she was wonderful in The Road Home, again i recommend this movie to everyone.

Originally posted by jade
    Zhang Ziyi i like her she's very pretty&great actress !!!

she really did great job in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Hero was great too !!
    also Rush Hour 2 she played the villian very good and she look so pretty in there .....

so what's she doing now ?? any New movies?

i heard she was going to play a hollywood movie with Adam Sandler is that true ???

also i think she's one the first asian female actress who made a good name into hollywood (besides Lucy Liu & Kelly Hu) cuz she won an oscar for best fight !!! i hope to see more New movies of her soon i also hope she'll make some Hollywood productions
    heh... So much to cover!

Movies Since Hero

Purple Butterfly, directed by Lou Ye and co-starring Central Academy of Drama classmate Liu Ye, Nakamura Tooru and Li Bingbing, premiered at Cannes last May, where Ziyi was nominated for Best Actress. As I understand it, the film did well at the box office in China. Unfortunately, critics weren't very kind. Even fellow Ziyi fans who've seen the film say that the acting is fine, but the editing is disjointed and the violence comes across as gratuitous, making for a film that makes little sense. I've had the DVD for about 2 months now, and will eventually see the film for myself.

Li Bingbing and Zhang Ziyi...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/news/90221.jpg')

My Wife Is A Gangster 2, directed by Jeong Heung-sun and co-starring Shin Eun-kyung, Park Jun-gyu, Jang Se-jin and Jo Mi-lyeong, as the title implies, is the sequal to the very successful My Wife Is A Gangster. While shooting Musa, Ziyi made quite a number of close friends in Korea. Her cameo role in "Big Boss 2" was supposedly done as a favor. A fellow fan saw it while visiting China in December and said it was "funny as hell," but that Ziyi was only onscreen for about 40 seconds. Rumors (surprisingly, even in Korean press!) of Ziyi starring in the lead role in any third film are completely false.

Shin Eun-kyung and Zhang Ziyi in Korea...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/2003-07-10/3_28-3-326-86_20030710143848.JPG')

Jasmine Flower, directed by Hou Yong and co-starring Joan Chen , Jiang Wen and Lu Yi finished principal production last year and is still in post-production with an anticipated premiere at Cannes in May. This should prove to be both an interesting and tragic film about the multi-generational lives of women within one family. From recently released production pictures from the film alone, I doubt anyone's seen Ziyi ever portrayed in this way. She plays three different characters over several decades -- a young woman, her daughter and then her adopted granddaughter, while Joan Chen plays two -- the young woman's mother and then the young woman when older. Confused? Read Jasmines Blooming ("Mo Li Hua Kai") Plot.

Jiang Wen and Zhang Ziyi -- setting: 1930's Shanghai...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/news/40308.jpg')
    Last edited by Southern Crane; 02-29-04 at 09:50 PM.

2046, directed by Wong Kar-wai and co-starring Tony Leung, Maggie Cheung, Chang Chen, Carina Lau, Kimura Takuya and Faye Wong, has been in production for forever and a day! It was assumed that this "sequel" to In The Mood For Love would eventualy be released in the year 2046! Fortunately for us, though, production recently wrapped and the film's now in post-production. Unfortunately, since Ziyi was busy shooting the next film mentioned, she was not able to shoot some planned scenes for 2046 in Shanghai. Photos of Dong Jie on the set immediately surfaced along with the tabloid rumor that Ziyi was being replaced.

I find that highly unlikely considering how much Wong Kar-wai had already invested in the film with Ziyi, including tons of finished scenes. I find it equally unlikely that such a talented actress in her own name as Dong Jie would only fill in for Ziyi for a few scenes in Shanghai, too. Surely, a new role was written in for her. As he likes it, only Wong Kar-wai knows what's going on in his head. We'll find out when the film is premiered, presumably at Cannes in May.

Tony Leung and Zhang Ziyi in Macau...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20030307/ent/0307enew55b2.jpg')

Lovers (Shi Mian Mai Fu -- "No Way Out"), directed by Zhang Yimou and co-starring Andy Lau, Kaneshiro Takeshi and Anita Mui (credited only), following Hero, is the director's second wuxia film. According to him, he considers Hero essentially a "dry run" while Shi Mian Mai Fu's the "real deal." If so, then I'd guess that both those that liked Hero and those that didn't will be even more impressed than otherwise with this film! I hope so. production stills do look incredibly impressive. Principal production finished in December and Zhang Yimou's currently in Australia working on the post-production work. Nothing officially reported yet that I know of, but I'd certainly expect a premiere at Cannes in May. Japanese Teaser Trailer

Most unfortunately, Anita Mui died before filming what would have been her last film. In respect to her, she will be credited in the final film. As far as I know, the film may even be dedicated to her. RIP, Anita.

Zhang Ziyi as the blind Xiao Mei...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/news/20403.jpg')

Andy Lau and Zhang Ziyi...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-02-19/U110P28T3D307195F326DT20040219114505.jpg')

Zhang Ziyi and Takeshi Kaneshiro...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2004-01-15/U102P28T3D278989F326DT20040115131808.jpg')

Good Cook, Likes Music, directed by Wayne Wang (The Joy Luck Club), currently has no official cast members other than Zhang Ziyi. The film has been announced for production for quite a while. When it first was, Adam Sandler was to co-star with Ziyi in this romantic comedy. Now, he's no listed in any current cast listing. I'm starting to postulate that he "may not" star in the film. Especially, considering the negative reactions from Ziyi fans I've seen over the years about the planned onscreen pairing.

In August 2002, I sent an email to adamsandler.com to enquire about more production info to post as news on my website. To my surprise, I received a reply from "Nicky G" (Adam Sandler???) saying that Zhang Ziyi had recently visited Adam's Happy Madison production studio and that she was "VERY pretty!" $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/laugh.gif') So right, he is!

Again, though I've come to warm to the idea, I'm sure they (Happy Madison) are very much aware that most Zhang Ziyi fans do not like it. Many even think it would be bad for her career. Considering Adam Sandler's recent string of critical and box office successes, I think it would be good, bringing in a whole new group of fans.

After now having completed several Chinese movies, Ziyi will be doing two films this year: one American and one Japanese. I highly suspect that American film will be Good Cook, Likes Music. If so, I do hope that Adam Sandler will co-star.

Any other questions about either Zhang Ziyi or her films, anyone?

Originally posted by Ding Ding Dong Dong
    is zhang ziyi worth it for you guys to argue like this?

i think we only should judge actors and actresses by their talents only. not ther personality, some can be nice in interviews but that doesn't mean they are really nice, whether they are nice or not we don't know, and we can't know it from several minutes of interview we see on tv or from rumors. we only know their personality if we are really friends with them in real life.

by talent, Zhang ziyi is alright, she's not bad, she was wonderful in The Road Home, again i recommend this movie to everyone.
    Well, I personally think that while their talent is more important, their personality and attitude mean a lot to me too. If I watch an interview, and I just don't click with one of the celebrities, I'll still give their work a chance, but I won't be enthusiastic about it.

It's like politics; you have to appeal to the crowd through connecting with them emotionally, not just talent-wise.

It might be different for you people though, but that's just how I am.

Originally posted by CrazyLilAngel
    It's like politics; you have to appeal to the crowd through connecting with them emotionally, not just talent-wise.
    I'd say that Zhang Ziyi does exactly that... and does it well.

Knew you were here Southern Crane...hehe! ^^
    Just came by to say hi!! ^^

As for ZiYi, I don't hate her, I don't like her. She's pretty, and I kinda liked her in CTHD (well, I couln't tolerate the elder two's horrendous mandarin, and Zhang Zhen looked funny)...and was glad to see a young chinese actress at the oscars for that year (made me proud!! ^^)
    The Road Home was just a movie I can't bring myself to admire...and I always wonder...why would a good looking girl like ZiYi wait for an ugly guy like that one! It just didn't make sense!! She just looked too desperate...maybe if the guy was a little hotter, it would have made all the difference! Anyways, that wasn't her fault...it was the casting director's fault, so back to Zi Yi....
    Hero was just one boring movie until the end...but I got to wondering why she always plays the "quiet but angry" roles...

anyways, glad to see a chinese in america! you go ZiYi!! Hope one day more chinese gals (like Vicki...*wink wink*) can join her there and not have to keep playing stereotypical wu xia/kung fu chick roles...hehe...
    smile!^_^
    ...and if you felt happy for that small second, wasn't it worth it!

on another note...wuld love to see ZiYi collaborate with Vicki one day! ^^ That'll be sooo cool! ^^
    smile!^_^
    ...and if you felt happy for that small second, wasn't it worth it!

Damn! I had nearly finished a good reply and then Windows $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/censored.gif') up, losing everything!

Anyway, here we go again...

Hi, yogurt!

I agree with you about how the young Zhao Di was scripted for The Road Home. She did come across initially as a bit "desperate," if not even as a borderline "stalker." There's little doubt though that the elder Zhao Di loved her dead husband very much. The scene where she insists that her son have his body carried home, following old customs, was most moving. And when the younger Zhao Di falls, spilling her dumplings and breaking her bowl, brought much of the audience I saw the film with to tears.

In all my discussions about this film over the years, girls have always been the only ones to point out how "ugly" Zhao Di's love interest in this film was! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/laugh.gif') Yeah... it's kinda strange that Zhang Yimou scripted the film as he did. But there's little doubt that the final product is about the desire for and endurance of love.

Originally posted by yogurtpo3
    ...and was glad to see a young chinese actress at the oscars for that year (made me proud!! ^^)
    EXACTLY!!! That's part of something I've never understood...

Whether it's good or not, you'd think there'd be more pride in the fact that a Chinese language film has won several Academy Awards. Instead, every opportunity is taken to belittle it and it's accomplishments.

Whether they and their films were good or not, you'd think there'd be more pride in the fact that Fann Wong and Shu Qi starred in the big international films Shanghai Knights and The Transporter, respectively.

The same is true of Zhang Ziyi. Despite personal feelings, you'd think there'd be more pride. Afterall, the more successful these and others are in the West, the more opportunities are available for more, arguably better Chinese actresses in the future.

I for one am damn proud of all of them, and hope that more (including Vicki!) will soon make films that have wide releases and do well at the box office all over the world. Chances of that increase the better those that've come before do.

I just don't know what else to say... There should be more pride but isn't. I've just never understood that.

About Vicki and Ziyi, as I'm sure you know, rumors of them not liking each other are not true. Just the same, I'd think there's some healthy competition going on between most celebs. That wouldn't discount joint projects in the future, something I'd like a lot too.

A little news...

If your a Zhang Ziyi fan -- part of what I'm sure is the "silent majority" around here -- and unless you've been living under a rock, Ziyi's one and only authorized website, HelloZiyi, a gift from her manager and brother, Zinan, officially opened on February 9, 2004, her 25th birthday.

The website, the first and currently only personal site to be designed and hosted by Sina, currently has over 40,000 registered members! That's just in two weeks! Luckily I registered about a week before the official opening, immediately after Ziyi's manager, Ling, did. Then there was only 7 or 8 registered members. It's so damn cool to be on the in! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/smokin.gif')

Anyway, you can see Sina's official unveiling press conference and public birthday they gave to Ziyi via this video clip of the event: 现场视频

Zhang Ziyi and Sina's CEO...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/2004-02-09/U108P28T3D296079F326DT20040209154132.jpg')

More pictures from this big media event, with over 200 press representatives in attendance: 章子怡全球中文网站开通仪式

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/2004-02-09/2004-02-09_588_8.jpg')
    Happy Birthday, again, Zi.

I'd say that Zhang Ziyi does exactly that... and does it well.
    Which is a matter of opinion. You think that while I'm not so sure about it. But hey, to each his own.

Originally posted by yogurtpo3
    ...and was glad to see a young chinese actress at the oscars for that year (made me proud!! ^^)

And what ethnicity do you consider Lucy Liu to be? Not that I'm a fan of her either, but still. Although she is more American than Chinese...but I digress.