Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Zhang Ziyi!

Originally posted by CrazyLilAngel
    Which is a matter of opinion. You think that while I'm not so sure about it. But hey, to each his own.

And what ethnicity do you consider Lucy Liu to be? Not that I'm a fan of her either, but still. Although she is more American than Chinese...but I digress.
    Yes, you do digress... Shouldn't you be "moderating" discussions instead of instigating conflict?

You politely stated an opinion, I politely stated mine. And Yogurt and I understand we're discussing with one another about non-American "Chinese" actresses, not already established in the West.

Why the trouble?
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

I meant a china brought up chinese...
    Lucy Liu speaks fluent "American," and does American films...what made me proud was that a young chinese made it to the oscars with a film where she purely spoke mandarin, and where all her co-stars spoke Mandarin...

If we're gonna go to Lucy Liu...hehe, I prefer the likes of Kelly Hu...ahhh...luv her on Martial Law! ^^ (OOpsie! getting off topic!)

Hmmm...sounthern crane, I watch "The Road Home" as a cultural study film in my Chinese class...and we all just kinda got a little tired of the desperate girl waiting around...hehe ^^ Well, we were all desperately anticipating the bells of lunchtime...I guess we weren't really paying THAT much attention to the movie..^^
    smile!^_^
    ...and if you felt happy for that small second, wasn't it worth it!

Originally posted by yogurtpo3
    ...and we all just kinda got a little tired of the desperate girl waiting around...hehe ^^ Well, we were all desperately anticipating the bells of lunchtime...I guess we weren't really paying THAT much attention to the movie..^^
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/laugh.gif')
    Yeah, I understand. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/shrug.gif')

Ziyi was recently in Italy to film a Japanese TV commercial and for Fashion Week.

Zhang Ziyi with Georgio Armani in Milan...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2004-02-25/U487P28T3D313107F326DT20040225150923.JPG')

She really likes Italy. She was just there last year visiting Salvatore Ferragamo. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/smokin.gif')

Originally posted by Southern Crane
    Yes, you do digress... Shouldn't you be "moderating" discussions instead of instigating conflict?

You politely stated an opinion, I politely stated mine. And Yogurt and I understand we're discussing with one another about non-American "Chinese" actresses, not already established in the West.

Why the trouble?

Does it state somewhere in the Rules of Moderating that a moderator can not give her honest opinions?

I'm sorry you feel like I'm "instigating conflict," but those were my honest opinions, but I said them in an unoffensive and polite manner. I conceded that she had good points, but I gave my reasoning for not liking her.

I'm also not the only one who agreed with that.

And when I mentioned Lucy, I was just pointing out that she, too, was Chinese although I mentioned in the sentence afterwards that she is considered more American than Chinese. Which therefore explains my phrase "but I digress."

If you have a problem with that, then either work on your definition of "instigating conflict" or hand me your personal dictionary so that I'll know when I need to walk on eggshells around other people here.

I didn't realize that being a mod restricted my freedom.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

Originally posted by Ding Ding Dong Dong
    is zhang ziyi worth it for you guys to argue like this?
    It's been days since anyone's been "arguing" about Zhang Ziyi. The discussion about her has moved on since. So, of course, it surprises me that the only person still arguing is the "moderator."

Walking on egg shells isn't necessary. But just the same is "instigating conflict" necessary? So far, you're the only one who wants to argue -- the "moderator."

hmm, guys, i think let's break it up. People say potatos, some say potatas
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Originally posted by Sugar
    hmm, guys, i think let's break it up. People say potatos, some say potatas
    And all I said was Lucy was also technically Chinese although unlike ZiYi, she's permanently located in the US.

No one's arguing; it's just the act of stating an opinion. There's a veeeeeeeeery big difference.

But believe what you will. I've never had the intention of starting an argument. And now I bring everyone back to the scheduled program of people singing ZiYi's praises.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Originally posted by CrazyLilAngel

But believe what you will. I've never had the intention of starting an argument. And now I bring everyone back to the scheduled program of people singing ZiYi's praises.
    AGREED!

hey, Southern Crane, why dont u just chill out a lill bit.....its not like Tina said anything harassing to anyone at all.....stating an opinion is all she did.....and t0 attack her being a moderator is definitely not right....she didnt shut down ur thread, did she?

why dont both of u lay back and keep things cool down....no point arguing when we're regular visitor around here...we all have our own opinion after all, and forums are supposed to be the place where we can express it all.... so let spcnet be a peaceful one...okay?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Do you live in the San Francisco Bay area?

Zhang Ziyi films Purple Butterfly and Hero will both be screened at the 22nd San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival. The film festival, opening March 4, 2004, is the largest in North America dedicated to showcasing Asian American and Asian cinema.

Purple Butterfly is Chinese director Lou Ye's story of cross-cultural love and fate set during the 1930's Japanese occupation of China. Ziyi stars as a Chinese woman whose love for a Japanese man during a time of war is put to the ultimate test.

The Oscar-nominated Chinese epic Hero, directed Zhang Yimou's first wuxia, has already broken box office records in China. The festival will be the film's first public viewing before its official North American release later this Summer, as announced by distributor Miramax.

The San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival is the largest festival in North America dedicated to showcasing Asian American and Asian cinema and runs March 4-11 at the AMC Kabuki and Castro theaters in San Francisco and the Pacific Film Archive in Berkeley. The festival also runs March 19-21 at the Camera 3 Cinemas in San Jose. Tickets went on sale Monday, February 9, 2004.

Zhang Ziyi as Ru Yue in Hero...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/gallery/zhangziyi075.jpg')

Zhang Ziyi as Ding Hui in Purple Butterfly

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/images/temp/ziyi10.jpg')

If you're a fan and live in the Bay area, go see these films! I'd really like to hear what you think, especially about Purple Butterfly. Fans thus far have been pretty critical of the editing...

_________
    edited dead image location
    Last edited by Southern Crane; 02-29-04 at 08:35 AM.

I was really surprised...I thought everyone said Hero had a good chance of at least being nominated for Oscars...why wasn't it? Did they decide to drop out or did it just not make the cut?

Hero was nominated for Best Foreign Film at the 2003 Academy Awards. I'm not sure about how the nomination process works, but many have said that if Miramax had released Hero within the past year, it would've qualified again... maybe in other categories.

Miramax just officially moved back the film's North American release from April to an unspecified date in the Summer of 2004. As with Shaolin Soccer over the past two years, looks like Miramax is still ambivalent about finally releasing Hero. Evil... pure evil.

So it was nominated last yr? @.@ How confusing...

But I was most disappointed to see that not one Chinese film made it.

That's what confusses me most about Miramax. At the time, Hero was breaking all box office rechords in China and most of the rest of Asia, and other distributors were stumbling over each other to release the film to the rest of the world. Yet Miramax did nothing to promote the film at the Oscars and did not release it in North America, as was then expected. Releasing the film then would've capitalized on Hero's high.

I highly suspect that Miramax only bought the Hero rights just to keep it from competing against Pinnochio, what they thought was another sure Best Foreign Film winner by Roberto Benigni (Life Is Beautiful). Unfortunately for them, that film was completely trashed by critics before last year's Golden Globes, while Hero received the raves. Seems to me that Miramax just didn't know what to do and have sat on the film since. Looks like they still don't know what do.

Default Zhang Ziyi To Star In Japanese Musical

According to I Love My Role, her most recent interview, Zhang Ziyi will be starring in two films this year -- one American and one Japanese. More information about her Japanese film has recently become available.

This year, Zhang Ziyi will play the lead role in a musical by legendary Japanese director Seijun Suzuki, best known for the 1967 cult hit Branded To Kill and for its more recent sequal 2001's Pistol Opera, a companion piece to the Audrey Hepburn/Fred Astaire musical vehicle Funny Face. Suzuki's trademark style blends fractured narrative with lurid and heavily stylized action sequences.

Despite having studied music and dance since a very young age, a Japanese musical is a very unique professional departure for the international film star. Though many Asian film stars have successfully translated their onscreen fame into professional music careers and vica versa, Ziyi's never has released her own musical recordings.

Drama, romance, action, comedy and now a musical. Zhang Ziyi's acting range knows no bounds!

Default Zhang Ziyi In Milan, Italy

The following pictures are of Zhang Ziyi on Feb 28 at the 2004 Milan Fall/Winter Fashion Conference in Italy, at the invitation of Salvatore Ferragamo...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2004-03-02/U92P28T3D318910F326DT20040302134157.JPG')

- image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2004-03-02/U92P28T3D318913F326DT20040302134231.JPG

Ferruccio Ferragamo (CEO) and Zhang Ziyi...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2004-03-02/U92P28T3D318916F326DT20040302134454.JPG')

Wanda Ferragamo and Zhang Ziyi...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2004-03-02/U92P28T3D318918F326DT20040302134723.JPG')

You just don't get any more A Class than this! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/smokin.gif')

________
    edited bad link
    Last edited by Southern Crane; 03-05-04 at 12:23 PM.

More info about Ziyi's return visit to Salvatore Ferragamo in Milan...

Last week, at the invitation of Salvatore Ferragamo, maker of shoes customized for celebrities, Ziyi was in Milan, Italy, home to the world’s best known fashion labels, for the Fall 2004 Milan Womenswear Show (aka Milan Fashion Week), which ran Saturday, February 21 through Monday, March 1, 2004. Among Salvatore Ferragamo's clientele have been Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Loren, Marilyn Monroe and Madonna. Zhang Ziyi is the first Asian star to receive a custom fitting.

As with Ziyi's visit last year, company president Wanda Ferragamo was very excited to see her. In her eyes, Ziyi reminds her of Audrey Hepburn, who came in to see them at barely over the age of 20. She feels that both Audrey and Ziyi share that the same star quality.

Salvatore Ferragamo President Wanda Ferragamo and Zhang Ziyi from last year...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/news/30308.jpg')

Damn! Knowing both personally, Wanda Ferragamo compares Zhang Ziyi to the late, classy actress Audrey Hepburn. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/smokin.gif')

Info not currently posted on any website (other than mine) or published in print...

Zhang Ziyi, currently in Tokyo, will be in Los Angeles later this month! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/eek.gif')

i never knew who zhang ziyi was until crouching tiger hidden dragon, i think she did well in there

i watched hero for like 5 min and stopped becuz it was SO boring, didnt really see ziyi in there

but Rush Hour 2 is the bomb, loved ziyi in there

i think ziyi isnt a bad actress, her acting is certainly better than average, maybe not the best, but reaching there

vicki - famous off huan zhu ge ge
    ziyi - famous off crouching tiger
    but huan zhu gege is only famous in asia, white crouching tiger is famous everywhere, so id say ziyi better than vicki (my view is biased becuz im not a vicki fan )

and yes i do live in the bay area, where can i buy the ticket?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Does Zhang Ziyi have an English name yet? If not, what do you think would best suit her?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

some people want names start with the first letter of their chinese surname..

but letter Z is rare for a name in english.. Y is also uh.. hard to find a name start with this letter.

i don't know.. i think Kristy or Grace suit her.