Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Ziyi!

I heard that Zhang Yi Mou choose to promote Zhang Zi Yi because she looked like Gong Li as his way of showin her up or something.

I was pretty surprised to read some postings here and in the imdb forum that are just filled with hate for this actress... the surprise was that the majority of the posters seemed to be asian/chinese women. Is there any connection?
    On another note, I just saw 2046 and Geisha... she was really good in both, particularly in Geisha (although the movie itself isn't that good), I've heard she got nominated for a golden globe, quite deserving imho. Maybe she's a b@#ch but she really can act.

she is pretty. i read, in that movie House of Fly... she and Andy hated each other. Andy said she is just to cocky.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy605
    she is pretty. i read, in that movie House of Fly... she and Andy hated each other. Andy said she is just to cocky.

yea you can kind of tell in the interviews she's given. i heard a lot of pple don't like her because she's so conceited and she thinks she's this big star. she's good as an actress, but there's many others who are much more talented and is humble about it.

i agree with you s4life. she can really portray the part in Geisha, although my favorite movie of hers was House of Flying Daggers. besides, i think she is better in movies where she isn't smiling...her smile is kinda wierd. but overall, i think shes a good actress.

i just went to watch geisha.........it's pretty good, she protray chiyo really well.....i can noticed her sadiness in her eye.
    :*'-'* sw33t_anGeL *'-'*:

interesting, now i want to see the movie.

she aint worth a penny

disgrace to chinese actressess

Quote Originally Posted by aleclover
    she aint worth a penny

disgrace to chinese actressess
    Give a reason why would you say that please?
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    Give a reason why would you say that please?
    Because he/she reads too many tabloids and... actually believes what's in there?

Question Wang Fei

Quote Originally Posted by bio
    From my observation everyone who is Famous in China ALWAYS on bad terms with chinese media.
    From famous Wang Fei, to Gong Li, ZhaoWei, ZZY, even Takeshi Kaneshiro.

As for ZZY and ZW
    ZZY have a more traditional asian appearance, closely resemble Gongli.
    Whereas ZW look is more western-asian look.

ZZY and ZW entered en tertainment world from 2 different direction, one from Film while other from TV drama.
    I think many unable to let go of ZW's famous role XiaoYanZi, always see her as XYZ rather than ZW-the actress.

There's a name I haven't heard for sometime. What has Ms Faye-Wong got herself into this time??? Last time I seen or heard anything about her was 2046. Got anything new??

Haven't had the chance to see Memoirs yet---closest theatre showing this movie is 42 miles away (one way). I've heard movie critics thrashed this film but the public has proved otherwise.

Does anyone know if Ziyi will appear at any awards ceremonies this month such as the Golden Globe Awards? Ziyi seems to be like a fine wine, just keeps getting better (and more beautiful) with age. Absolutely stunning girl.
    Joe from NY

I don't think she'll appear in any other award ceremonies. You could check at her official website.

Hmm, I don't think she's that pretty or beautiful when I first saw her years ago. I thought Michelle Reis, GYY, Zhao Wei and Fan Bing Bing are beautiful, but as time goes on, I found ZZY looking better and better, most probably due to an upgraded quality of life. She does know how to pose for the cameras, have impeccable fashion sense, to push herself beyond the best and to grab/go after chances whether they're in front of her or not.

ZZY looks great in beautiful clothes and her looks have become more pronouced/elegant now. I'm not sure I like her because sometimes when I see her gracious front, her smiling face and starting to like her, some news would come up spoiling her image. For example, she sleeps around with rich people or someone who would do her career good and the last I heard she wasn't tolerant towards Michelle Chong while Michelle was interviewing her. Michelle was not rude to her.

I admire her character for being strong, to go for what she wants, but when it comes to people, she should know how to respect others and to be more tolerable of other cultures. Humility and sympathy for the people weaker than her would do her good.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyknguyen
    i do wonder why people always compare the two? i cant quite see the resemblance. hehe.
    me too. i'm surprise people are comparing them. i do not see any resemblances either. zzy is beautiful and i agreed that vicki is not beautiful like zzy but she's beautiful as a person, and if i may say so, more than zzy.

i've read that zzy doesn't get along (for want of other ways to put it) so that could be why a lot of people doesn't like her. i think she's a great actress though and is not hard on the eye at all. plus she's come a long way and i respect her for that.

i thought she spoke pretty good english in memoirs from what i've seen of the preview. i would like to watch it eventually cause i haven't read the book. there won't be any spoilers that way.

it's weird cause i always want to call her zhang yiyi instead of zhang ziyi.
    ---------
    Shellie

Look at this pic and then tell me Ziyi is not one of the most beautiful women on the planet:

http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/ne...ng-ziyi-02.htm
    Joe from NY

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    I don't think she'll appear in any other award ceremonies. You could check at her official website.

Hmm, I don't think she's that pretty or beautiful when I first saw her years ago. I thought Michelle Reis, GYY, Zhao Wei and Fan Bing Bing are beautiful, but as time goes on, I found ZZY looking better and better, most probably due to an upgraded quality of life. She does know how to pose for the cameras, have impeccable fashion sense, to push herself beyond the best and to grab/go after chances whether they're in front of her or not.

ZZY looks great in beautiful clothes and her looks have become more pronouced/elegant now. I'm not sure I like her because sometimes when I see her gracious front, her smiling face and starting to like her, some news would come up spoiling her image. For example, she sleeps around with rich people or someone who would do her career good and the last I heard she wasn't tolerant towards Michelle Chong while Michelle was interviewing her. Michelle was not rude to her.

I admire her character for being strong, to go for what she wants, but when it comes to people, she should know how to respect others and to be more tolerable of other cultures. Humility and sympathy for the people weaker than her would do her good.
    Nefertari, you said everything i've wanted to say about her, and more. i really thought she was ok at first. and then i do try to admire and like her as well, but then some news always comes up and ruins her image for me. kinda sad, but i hear alot about her sleeping around to get what she wants. hey, she's ambitious, but i guess doesnt show much respect to others. i've noticed her roles in previous movies always seem kind of the same. but that might just be me. and for my own two cents, i actually think ZW is much more beautiful than ZZY, looks and as a person

Quote Originally Posted by kittyknguyen
    Nefertari, you said everything i've wanted to say about her, and more. i really thought she was ok at first. and then i do try to admire and like her as well, but then some news always comes up and ruins her image for me. kinda sad, but i hear alot about her sleeping around to get what she wants. hey, she's ambitious, but i guess doesnt show much respect to others. i've noticed her roles in previous movies always seem kind of the same. but that might just be me. and for my own two cents, i actually think ZW is much more beautiful than ZZY, looks and as a person

I read some transcripts of her interviews (not published by tabloids) and she seemed to be a down-to-earth woman with a strong personality and all-around very likable. This actually contrasts a lot with what tabloids write about her (in few words she's made look like a total jerk in those places).
    Where are you guys at?
    Here in US, you can hardly imagine the disparate and ridiculous things many tabloids publish about everybody that is in show business, the more famous they are the more disparate the stories get. About 5% of them are true, the good thing is that people here know that. Only marginal people actually read their news from tabloids.

I read in another board that chinese people do not make differences between newspapers and tabloids, and take what they read from both sources at face-value. If this is the case, it would explain the attitude of some people that may write posts like the one above.
    Last edited by s4life; 01-14-06 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s4life
    I read some transcripts of her interviews (not published by tabloids) and she seemed to be a down-to-earth woman with a strong personality and all-around very likable. This actually contrasts a lot with what tabloids write about her (in few words she's made look like a total jerk in those places).
    Where are you guys at?
    Here in US, you can hardly imagine the disparate and ridiculous things many tabloids publish about everybody that is in show business, the more famous they are the more disparate the stories get. About 5% of them are true, the good thing is that people here know that. Only marginal people actually read their news from tabloids.

I read in another board that chinese people do not make differences between newspapers and tabloids, and take what they read from both sources at face-value. If this is the case, it would explain the attitude of some people that may write posts like the one above.
    I do agree with what you're saying, but in the case of ZZY, I have been very objective about my observations and feelings about her.

It's not news that she sleeps around, because together with the reports or tabloids, there're pictures and sometimes eye-witnesses stated who could verify those happenings. You probably thought eye-witnesses could be fake by the reporters, so we should give it benefit of the doubt to be fair. But from what I observed from her character, I believe they're true.

This is just my personal instinct about her. Pls note I'm not a ZZY hater or a basher and whatever she does, it's not my business to judge her......... Here goes: She gives me the feeling that she'd do whatever it takes to get to the top, to get what she wants, without a care for anybody in the world. It seemed other people on this planet doesn't exist to her, unless it'd do something good for her fame or publicity. In short, 'ji gong jin li' usually comes to mind when people mention her name. She strikes me as someone very oriented on material gains and would never settle for anything less than what she believes she should get. I believe she's loyal to China, but would do anything to be accepted by the West.

I guess for ZZY lovers, the words beautiful, perfect and impeccable would come to mind.

While I agree and admire people who are ambitious, to be the best they can be, I find it difficult accepting that life is just only about gettting what we want. Isn't there something more important in her life, perhaps friends or loved ones she could care about and slow down her pace for them? Is life for her just about getting starred in international blockbusters, becoming the first Chinese to get Golden Globe, an Oscar and be a name in the West? Is it just about wearing the best clothes, living in expensive houses and dating fabulously rich boyfriends? Perhaps to her, that's all it matters, but I have to say there's really nothing much to life living like that.

I notice some other admirable qualities that she possess includes tremendous willpower, determination and a sureness to reach her goals. She's not someone who'd ever lose her direction in life, and I'd say she's stronger than most men, even superior guys. She's extraodinary as a human being in that every time her name's mentioned, she conjures strong feelings of like/dislike from others and no ordinary word is usually used to describe her. I don't really blame her that she cares little for others, because I suspect not many people has rendered her help to get where she is today. She made it entirely on her own.

When it comes to interviews, I enjoyed reading them. Her feelings for life and belief system are strong. She'd always stands up for what she believes in and she'd never give ordinary answers. One thing I noticed about her and her agent is they'could never put down or let anyone think any less about her abilities, even though her abilities are not as great as they think.

Her acting and looks are above average, but I don't think anything great. It's only when they're combined with her personality and willpower that everything seemed to be more.

Her face has a natural beauty emanating from plainness, but what spoiled her from being beautiful is that she used her willpower to make her look her face look a certain beautiful way, thus losing a naturality. She does look beautiful, but I won't say she's a beautiful person. IMO, GYY, Vicki Zhao, Ning Jing and Anne Hathaway are beautiful people.

I apologize this post is so long. Nobody has to agree with me or anything, but this is my feeling about her. Some of my friends, particularly in Western countries love her and I do like watching her movies, but as a human being, I don't like her much, though I could understand the way she is.

I like the green gown that ZZY worn to the Golden Globes. It's great that she's being nominated even though not winning it.

At the rate she's going, she'd be the first Chinese to win a major acting Award in the West.

Just got two magazines with her on the cover. I thought with the release of Geisha, this should be an active thread.

I'm beginning to like her again. It's a very cyclical thing.

Hey I'm in America, so could someone recommend like a teen pop magazine? Preferably with my fave actresses in it...they're in my signature...
    我爱范冰冰,Twins, 杨恭如,林心如,陈好,王艳,孙菲菲
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!
    Atra gulai un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise skoliro fra rauthr...