Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Zhang Ziyi!

Default Zhang Ziyi!

I've noticed that there's a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding here about arguably the greatest and most beautiful actress in the world, the incomparable Zhang Ziyi.

If you have any question, recent news, pictures, etc about Ziyi, please post them here for discussion.

All you haters are welcomed too.
    Last edited by Southern Crane; 01-11-07 at 02:44 PM.
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

well, since u said haters are welcomed, and seeing this thread so quiet, i thot i might as well post something up...

i hate Zhang ZiYi in CTHD.....somehow i think she didnt really carry the character to depth...dont know why, but i sense something is amiss with the character(forgot the name already)....

In Hero she wasnt so flattering either....and in both movies i sense that her acting is the same....the facial expression is the same...the way she utter her lines is the same.......makes me wanna kick her out of the screen (for bein such a distraction) sometimes ....

whilst in real life she looks kinda arrogant....heard rumours that she's been pretty demanding after she got popular...duh, whatever....even without that gossip i still hate her acting.....

and she's waaayyy too skinny....looks kinda weird seing her kicking real butts hard....fake is more like it....its like a twig hitting on a bark, the twig shouldve snapped but instead the tree breaks in two,LOL....hillarious sometimes when her opponent got thrown to the floor hard......tho truthfully i think in this terms, she lacks of skill and commitment......Michelle Yeoh is skinny but her fighting scenes are believable(not that im a fan of hers, nope)....coz she really put effort in it.....unlike ZiYi, looked as if she's memorizing the steps....

well.....she's got a long way to bein really good actress....better catch up with those lessons....Good Luck!

DONE! no offence, k....u did welcome haters...so here i am....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-20-04 at 02:53 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Incomparable??? You have gotta be kidding. Nothing much to say coz ghostdarTeal'c had said precisely what's on my mind.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Originally posted by belki
    Incomparable??? You have gotta be kidding.
    now now belki, u dont have to be so mean(sarcastic is more like it..eheh ), this is not a hate thread.....i was just commenting on ZiYi in the most friendly way....i dont mean to start a long trail of ZiYi trashing in here.....so lets not start a quarrel with ZiYi's fans over this, k.....i certainly will not like having Vicki's haters raving in her thread......and if not because Southern Crane invited haters, i wouldnt have got myself to comment on her in here ....

*pats belki* so let us HATE ZiYi outside this thread....shall we??
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

heh... no offence taken. In fact, it's pretty much expected.

Recently released picture of Ziyi from Life Style...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.stylelife.com.cn/images/dtu936.jpg')

HAHA! Zhang Ziyi is just so damn adorable! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/hearts.gif')

*Kisses his melting monitor* $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/laugh.gif')

she's average looking.. there are a lot of pretty girls in China, not even celebrities.

her acting is good. i watched her in The Road Home, and she was so sweet in there, you guys should watch it if you haven't

she's good overall, but incomparable? i don't think so. there are other actresses with better acting skills and of course better looks than her.

Originally posted by Ding Ding Dong Dong
    she's average looking.. there are a lot of pretty girls in China, not even celebrities.
    I agree. However, I do have to give her a lot of props for outstanding networking skills, since it obviously wasn't (just) looks that got her to the top.

Acting-wse, I've only seen her in CTHD and Hero. She seemed to be the exact same person in both, but perhaps that's how it's supposed to be? I will reserve my judgment in that department until I've seen more of her performances.

As for incomparable, I think S.C. purposely did that to get more people to voice their opinions about her(good or bad ).
    She's okay in my book. I don't despise her, but she's certainly not amongst my favorite actresses.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

she hasn't given me the impression that she should be a well-recognized since CTHD and Hero. Same old mean expression in the face, nothing much

thisone for u southern crane

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chinavoc.com/entertainment/actress/zhangziyi/photo/13.jpg')
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    As for incomparable, I think S.C. purposely did that to get more people to voice their opinions about her(good or bad ).
    aah... you got me.

Despite Ziyi being one of the most poplular and well-liked entertainers in China, you'd get the impression from a very small but highly vocal minority that she is not. It may take some time, but one of the objectives I have for this topic is to ultimately prove Ziyi's overwhelming popularity and support. Just the same, honest opinions either way are welcomed.

Thanks, Sugar. That's always been one of my favorites.

yup, Ding Ding Dong Dong... The Road Home is such a beautiful movie about the endurance of the human spirit. Love really does conquer all. It's my observation from critics who say Ziyi acts the same in all her roles (CTHD and Hero, for example) that they've never seen her in any other film, most especially this one. If they had, they'd realize how wrong they were.

One of my favorite pictures of Ziyi as Zhao Di from The Road Home...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/news/10342.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/hearts.gif')

Recent news: Last week, Ziyi was in Thailand shooting a new TV commercial. She's currently in Milan, Italy filming another for Japanese TV and for the annual Fashion Week.

I think that Zhang Zi Yi is overrated. Her acting is not that great or anything. I bet if Zhao Wei have the opportunity to hit Hollywood like she did, she can do so much better!

Originally posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    now now belki, u dont have to be so mean(sarcastic is more like it..eheh ), this is not a hate thread.....i was just commenting on ZiYi in the most friendly way....i dont mean to start a long trail of ZiYi trashing in here.....so lets not start a quarrel with ZiYi's fans over this, k.....i certainly will not like having Vicki's haters raving in her thread......and if not because Southern Crane invited haters, i wouldnt have got myself to comment on her in here ....

*pats belki* so let us HATE ZiYi outside this thread....shall we??
    Ooops, sorry...didn't mean to be sarcastic. Thx ghostdarTeal'c for reminding me and to you Southern Crane for being so tolerant.

I just thought that being incomparable was far beyond in what to expect of ZiYi, she was just 'OK' (IMHO) in CTHD but the popularity of the movie somehow boosted her up. Then I watched Hero expecting to see a different portrayal from her, but NO, all I could perceive was the same expression that made her acting appear so shallow (at least for me). But not until I watched her in Rush Hour that made me go like

Anyway, it's an objective perspective, nothing to do with affection or hatred (I didn't mention her in the most hated actress thread) and I never use the term 'hate', 'dislike at the moment is more like it' for I believe time factor could really change one's opinion (incl. me). But as yet, I don't think she deserves the eminence of incomparable.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Zhang Ziyi i like her she's very pretty&great actress !!!

she really did great job in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Hero was great too !!
    also Rush Hour 2 she played the villian very good and she look so pretty in there .....

so what's she doing now ?? any New movies?

i heard she was going to play a hollywood movie with Adam Sandler is that true ???

also i think she's one the first asian female actress who made a good name into hollywood (besides Lucy Liu & Kelly Hu) cuz she won an oscar for best fight !!! i hope to see more New movies of her soon i also hope she'll make some Hollywood productions

here are some very pretty walls

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://showwall.com/desktop/wallpaper/download2/zhang_zi_yi_064.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://showwall.com/desktop/wallpaper/download1/zhang_zi_yi_050.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://showwall.com/desktop/wallpaper/download2/zhang_zi_yi_067.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://showwall.com/desktop/wallpaper/download1/zhang_zi_yi_041.jpg')
    currently watching:
    - The Magic Touch Of Fate: Ruby Lin, Alec Su&Kang Ta
    - Mars: Vic Zhou & Barbie Xu
    - Amor de Tarapacá: Ruby Lin, Han Jae Suk & Shi Yinan

Originally posted by [C][o][e][y]
    I think that Zhang Zi Yi is overrated. Her acting is not that great or anything. I bet if Zhao Wei have the opportunity to hit Hollywood like she did, she can do so much better!
    she did...w/ so close and Shaolin soccer, but no one really finds her amazing or anything...so she's had her chance and no one really cares all that much...she's more of a vase in my opinion

that cuz foreigners think Ziyi looks much prettier than Vicki. Vicki doesn't have the asian look with the big eyes and high nose. Ziyi has smaller features so foreigners think she's beautiful.. some guys in my old high school think Ziyi is the most beautiful Chinese girl, well, they haven't seen many chinese girls.

that cuz foreigners think Ziyi looks much prettier than Vicki. Vicki doesn't have the asian look with the big eyes and high nose. Ziyi has smaller features so foreigners think she's beautiful.. some guys in my old high school think Ziyi is the most beautiful Chinese girl, well, they haven't seen many chinese girls.
    I dunno if what you say is true, I think 'beauty' is pretty standardized these days. Almost all asians think that big eyes and high nose is pretty, in fact alot of asian women are trying to get hooked up with bigger eyes and taller noses themselves. Westerneres obviously like the big eye look, because they are that way themselves.
    I think if Zhao wei was to debt in Hollywood, people will find her beautiful, but she wont make it big, she's pretty but she's not unique, and she hasn't got anything about her that people can kinda identify with. I think Hollywood is more fixated on the whole 'Asian = Kungfu' thing, and all the asian stars who have made it to hollywood are milking of that -- Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Michelle Yeoh, Chow Yun Fat etc. etc, they all got recongnition in the US through their martial arts films. This is also where Zhang ziyi broke in, she was in CTHD and she did good, so people noticed her.

Um, that's not true! Not all ppl likes ZZY. In fact, not many ppl in Hollywood actually knows her if you would ask them. How do I know? Coz I live right in Hollywood and my friends in school don't even know who she is. However, they do know who Lucy Liu is. ZZY just got lucky that she was put in CTHD. If she were really that famous and talented as mentioned, then she would have hit a lot of movies in Hollywood like Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Lucy Liu, and etc... As for the two movies of Vicki that were show in America, well it only shows in a certain place [like two in LA] and definitely didn't hit Hollywood. Thus, not many know about her other than the azn. Plus, to be known in the entertainment industry, you also need connections. Without both connections and talents, you can barely have a chance to hit Hollywood.

really? oh i thought Ziyi is really popular in America.. yea. i know Lucy Liu too, haha, she's popular~! and some people in America really think Lucy is pretty. i always think Lucy is awkward looking.

taht's kinda true that everyone likes big eyes, but some Koreans have small eyes even after they get the eyelid surgery, and some are really pretty. in my opinion, i think Ziyi looks better than Zhao Wei.

really? oh i thought Ziyi is really popular in America.. yea. i know Lucy Liu too, haha, she's popular~! and some people in America really think Lucy is pretty. i always think Lucy is awkward looking.

taht's kinda true that everyone likes big eyes, but some Koreans have small eyes even after they get the eyelid surgery, and some are really pretty. in my opinion, i think Ziyi looks better than Zhao Wei.
    Ding Ding Dong Dong, I respect your opinion on who you think looks better. I also wants to add something about the movie So Close that has been showed in LA and NY. Since only a few theatre release this movie, not many know about it, so no one can really blame the low income of the box office. I mean, if the movie was bad, then why LA Times and NY Times bother to wrote newspaper praising the movie? I read and saw the newspaper myself. I was very impressed that the movie got mentioned in the newspaper albeit it's a Chinese movie. This really catches some of the Americans attention and checking out the movie from what I've been told by my friends.

this is off topic.. but why did CTHD showed in almost every theater in the country and So Close was showed in just big cities.?

from where i live in america, the theaters never showed So Close, but when CTHD was released, it was in the theater for quite a long time.

Ang Lee said he made CTHD for the Taiwanese market and for the international art house circuit. So, he would've been very happy with having it screened in a number of major US cities. What happened instead was totally unexpected: It was shown everywhere!

Why? A good screening at Cannes and then word of mouth. Positive reviews were a secondary influence. Initially, before Sony Pictures began seriously promoting the film in the US, those who saw it told others and they told others and so on. In late 2000 and 2001 CTHD was the film to see, and that was mostly driven by film-goers themselves.

The high demand to see the film lead to it being opened in so many theaters. And critics and movie-goers alike raved the performance of the "dragon girl," Zhang Ziyi.