Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Song of Bitterness (working title)

i think i'm on episode 16 so far and it's not bad. i think i'm not 100% thrilled with it because i can't understand Mandarin and there are no English subtitles. i'm here in the US and not sure why the American DVD doesn't have English subtitles. not only that the Chinese subtitles is in simplified Chinese, so it makes it even harder to comprehend, as i studied traditional only.

other than that, i rented it because of Maggie Cheung, my newest favorite actress. she is simply elegant and she is so beautiful in the different costumes.

does anyone know where i can find a version with English or traditional Chinese subtitles, or even a website where i can read it?

OO---there is a thread for this. The cinematography and atmosphere of this series is awesome! I didn't like Huang Yi's portrayal at all (I'm not impressed with her as an actress ~ she always ends up annoying me no matter which role she plays), but Ho Yee's acting was top-notch, though I absolutely hate the character. I thought the friend also did a great job--Li Li (don't know the actress' name).

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioneyes
    i think i'm on episode 16 so far and it's not bad. i think i'm not 100% thrilled with it because i can't understand Mandarin and there are no English subtitles. i'm here in the US and not sure why the American DVD doesn't have English subtitles. not only that the Chinese subtitles is in simplified Chinese, so it makes it even harder to comprehend, as i studied traditional only.

other than that, i rented it because of Maggie Cheung, my newest favorite actress. she is simply elegant and she is so beautiful in the different costumes.

does anyone know where i can find a version with English or traditional Chinese subtitles, or even a website where i can read it?
    you can buy it at yesasia.com
    i believe its in mandarin with english subtitle..

FOR VIETNAMESE VIEWERS!

This series "TO LIVE TO LOVE" has just released this weekend for Vietnamese viewers in VIET DUBBED! The series' title in Vietnamese is called "HONG NHAN BAC PHAN" and has released 5 of 35 episodes thus far!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Wow, I guess I haven't been in the Mainland forum much. I've only clicked into this thread for the first time.

Maggie Cheung looks elegant and so beautiful in the white cheongsam with blue flowers. She looks very graceful.

So can anyone give a better characters description for each actor/actresses' role?

Is there a summary of the series too?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Wow, I guess I haven't been in the Mainland forum much. I've only clicked into this thread for the first time.

Maggie Cheung looks elegant and so beautiful in the white cheongsam with blue flowers. She looks very graceful.

So can anyone give a better characters description for each actor/actresses' role?

Is there a summary of the series too?
    I've seen this series several years back, maybe? But I barely remember enough details! LOLZ, I really need to stop going to school, its messing with my brain cells! ^.^

About synopsis or review about the series, I've never really read any or knew of any's existance, but I wouldn't doubt that there is one if you looked hard enough!

All I can tell you is that Betty/Crystal Huang Yi and Maggie Cheung plays the same character; Betty as the teen to late 20s and Maggie as the 30s to old age. The actresses' character is from a poor-ish family and since youth was a strong character, but through life she kind of sold herself sort and became a vixen-like character and abandoned her only true love... Its really sad!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')