Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness by GU LONG

I got a feeling Zhu Lei'Er will fall for Yu Peiyu... ...

I wonder what happen 20 years ago that Granny Hu won't forget.. love story.. hm, something fishy here...

great story! update soon Athena...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Cool

hmm, Yu had better watch out his promise. what about lin dai yu?

the story is getting great, Athena - thanks for the work and time you put in.

I do have a theory on imposters but still think it is a mystery how so many imposters could come up if not with the aid of surgery.

and I suspect the murder mansion had something to do with the mastermind.

what happened to the twin sisters there, btw, last time?
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow

Thanks everyone again for your nice words! Those comments are the reasons why I keep going on.

Yu Fanghe laughed dryly:"So you want to settle that score today, don't you?"
    Granny Hu looked at him for some time and said:"You're right. I do want to settle that score. You must know that I tend to repay my enemies and let us not forget to add the twenty years of interest."
    She was still chewing on beans and looked at Yu Fanghe in a strange manner.
    Lin Shoujuan loudly said:"Madame, you shouldn't forget the present status of master Yu."
    Granny Hu said:"What status?"
    Lin Shoujuan said sternly:"Master Yu is now the chancellor of Wulin, if you deliberately make things difficult for chancellor Yu. You will become the common enemy of Wulin."
    Granny Hu giggled:"The entire Wulin? I just see the five of you, I'm confident that an old woman like me can handle the likes of you."
    Lin Shoujuan grabbed his sword tightly, Long Beard Xiang looked nervous. Both were sweating now.
    Long Beard Xiang backed away a bit and said:"Madame Hu, I would not dream of interfering between you and chancellor Yu."
    Granny Hu said calmly:"Now there were four."
    A man next to Xiang stepped forward and said:"I am not busybody either. And I will not question the affairs of Wulin seniors."
    Granny Hu said:"Three."
    Another man said:"I fully agree with brother Song. I too am not a busybody."
    Granny Hu laughed:"Only two. Chancellor Yu does know how to make good friends."
    Lin Shoujuan wanted to attack now, but Yu Fanghe grabbed his hand and shook his head.
    Lin Shoujuan asked:"Chancellor, you want to engage her first?"
    Yu Fanghe smiled:"She doesn't want to fight us yet. If she wanted that, she wouldn't waste her time talking to us."
    Lin Shoujuan was still hesitating, granny Hu laughed:"It seems you became chancellor because you have some talents. Right, I'm still talking to you because I want you to answer a few questions. You cannot escape me now, so I suggest you would cooperate."
    Yu Fanghe asked:"What is that you want to know?"
    Granny Hu said:"These men are all famous people from the orthodox schools, but to be honest they are just a bunch of losers. Why did you deliberately trick Hong Lianhua, Jun Haitang and others to leave this place? And why are you here again?"
    Yu Fanghe stayed quiet for a minute and said slowly:"Do you not know my motives?"
    Granny Hu said:"I want you to confirm my suspicions."
    Yu Fanghe said:"I'm looking for something extremely valuable. I take it that granny already knows this."
    Granny Hu said:"If you would find this object, will you share it with me?"
    Yu Fanghe smiled:"I will share it with everyone present."
    Granny Hu picked up a shovel and threw it at Long Beard Xiang and yelled:"What are you waiting for? Dig!"
    The men started to dig now, and after some time a few of them started to pant heavily. Their expensive brocades were soaked with their sweat.
    One of the sighed softly:"If word would get out that the head of the The Tranquil Distance Armed Guard Agency, Han Dayuan and the young keeper of the Myriad Wood Manor Song Hongxing are doing this sort of degrading jobs........(*sigh). We would become the laughing stock of Wulin."
    Song Hongxing was embarrassed by his remark and smiled forcibly:"But we agreed to do this."
    Han Dayuan said softly:"We agreed to do this out of our free will. But I'm afraid that if we found that item......They will forget about our efforts."
    He looked around and saw that granny Hu and Yu Fanghe were standing very far away from them. He felt a bit relieved.
    Song Hongxing saw that those two were very far away, so he said softly:"But why would he invite us over? If he isn't planning to share....."
    Han Dayuan whispered:"He is just looking for a few workers."
    Song Hongxing wiped away his sweat and said softly:"Yu Fanghe doesn't seem like that kind of man."
    Han Dayuan scoffed softly:"That's what I thought too, but after seeing what he did to Lei Feng. I fear our fates will be similar to Lei Feng."
    He turned to Long Beard Xiang and said:"Old Xiang, did you hear me?"
    Long Beard Xiang wiped his sweat and said:"Yes, I heard you. But what can we do now."
    Lin Shoujuan yelled loudly:"Did you find something?"
    Xiang answered:"Nothing, nothing yet."
    Granny Hu coldly said:"I suggest you would put more effort in it, or else....."
    Xiang retorted:"But what if that thing isn't here."
    Granny Hu said casually:"If it isn't here, I will bury you three into that hole."

At this point Zhu Lei' Er whispered:"They can't hear us now, right?"
    Yu Peiyu nodded.
    Zhu Lei'Er said softly:"What are they looking for? My mother has not hidden anything here. She just wanted to become an ordinary housewife."
    Yu Peiyu said:"They aren't looking for jewelry and such."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"How come?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"If they were they could have taken that parcel we left behind. It was full of invaluables."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"But we wrapped it tightly with a few layers of cloth."
    Yu Peiyu said:"With their Wulin experience and eyesight, they're bound to see what was in the parcel."
    Zhu Lei'Er frowned and said:"What could it be?"
    Yu Peiyu didn't answer her, because he didn't know the answer either."
    The three men had already dug a deep hole, but there was still no trace of the object they wanted.
    They just found some wood, dirt and after digging further they were a bit worried.
    Lin Shoujuan asked:"Could it be that Zhu Mei didn't hide that object here?"
    Granny Hu said:"She took it with her and it must be here."
    Lin Shoujuan asked:"Madame, why are you so certain?"
    Granny Hu scolded:"Idiot, anyone with half a brain can figure that out."
    Yu Fanghe explained:"Dongfang Meiyu knew that she hid that item here, that's why he didn't leave her. Dongfang Daming used the item to lure Heavenly King Li and the others over to assist him."
    Lin Shoujuan was puzzled and asked:"But why didn't Zhu Mei use that item in her own benefit. Why hide it?"
    Granny Hu sneered:"She just wanted to become a good wife and an excellent mother. If a woman really loves a man she will occasionaly do the most strangest things."
    Suddenly granny Hu, Yu Fanghe and Lin Shoujuan turned around they heard the noise of a carriage riding their way.
    Zhu Lei'Er whispered:"I think I know what they're looking for."
    Yu Peiyu just said:"Hmmm?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"They must be looking for some secret powerful martial arts codex. My mother must have found that codex but did not have the time to study it. She must have hidden it here somewhere, however Dongfang Meiyu found out about this secret."
    Yu Peiyu kept nodding when he heard that reasonable explanation, he couldn't come up with a better explanation than hers.
    After she was finished the carriage had almost reached Yu Fanghe and others. There were 16 horses pulling the carriage, and the carriage was the most biggest carriage anyone has seen. It was bigger than an ordinary house.
    Yu Fanghe frowned and asked:"Did you secure this place?"
    Lin Shoujuan answered:"I've instructed our men to surround the village."
    Yu Fanghe said:"But why is this carriage here? Have they fallen asleep during their watch? They should have stopped this carriage and if they failed they should send out the alarm."
    The carriage stopped, and a voice inside laughed:"Don't blame those men! They did wanted to release a signal but before they could, their heads were chopped off. If someone was to lose his head, he isn't very capable of doing anything anymore."
    The voice sounded very friendly, funny. One would almost believe the voice belonged to the friendly bloke next door.
    But granny Hu's face changed, she looked terrified.
    She wanted to leave as soon as she heard the laughter. But she couldn't just leave the item behind.
    But now it was too late, the doors of the carriage were opened, ten strong muscular men carried a large bed outside.
    The bed was the largest anyone had seen before, and lying on the bed was the fattest man one has ever seen before.
    Furthermore they were a dozen plates of delicasies on the bed and the fat man was eating happily.
    Yu Fanghe and others weren't smiling anymore. This man was disgustingly fat, it was like he was one big lump of talking blob of fat.
    Long Beard Xiang, Song Hongxing and Han Dayuan got out of the hole and were bemused to see this fatty.

The fat man laughed:"I think I would be the fattest man in the history of China. If there was a competition who the fattest man was, I would win it for sure. Do you agree?"
    Granny Hu couldn't laugh at this joke, in fact it seemed like she aged a lot in a matter of seconds.
    The fat man laughed:"Why aren't you laughing? Isn't it funny to see a fatty like me?"
    Granny Hu managed to produce a smile on her face and said:"I don't see a fatty. Is there a fat man here? Why can't I see him."
    The fat man said:"I'm just standing here. Can't you see me?"
    Granny Hu smiled:"Sir, you're just a bit muscular. You can't be considered fat."
    The fat man angrilly shouted:"What! Do you think every fatty doesn't like to be called fat! I don't need you flattering to me."
    Granny Hu sort felt relieved to see him angry and smiled apologetically:"I'm just telling the truth."
    The fat man shook his head and said:"You're lying. I should really cut off your tongue."
    But he sighed:"But I'm just too fat and I'm too lazy to move. Do me a favour and cut off your own tongue. No, your nose will also do."
    This fat man was actually telling people to cut off their tongues or noses and he sounded like he was engaging in pleasant conversation. Everyone thought he was mad.
    Granny Hu took away the sword from Lin Shoujuan and immediately cut off her own nose.
    Her nose fell on the ground and she ran away as fast as possible.
    Lin Shoujuan and others were too shocked to say or laugh.
    The fat man laughed:"What a stupid old woman! Why did she cut off her own nose? Don't you think that was hilarious?"
    Xiang, Song, etc. looked at each other and couldn't laugh. The fat man sighed:"These men don't have a sense of humour."
    He pointed at Song Hongxing and asked:"What's your name?"
    Song Hongxing stuttered:"My.....na......name......is..... Song......Hongxing."
    The fat man said:"Why won't you laugh? I remember seeing you smiling earlier."
    Song Hongxing tried his best to smile or laugh but it looked like he was crying now.
    The fat man sighed:"You don't know the first thing of humour. Do me a favour cut off your own ears."
    If someone else would say this to Song Hongxing he would become very angry and laughed at the arrogance of that person.
    But now he didn't know what to do. He knew that this fatty must be quite lethal otherwise granny Hu wouldn't run away like that.
    But he wasn't too keen either to cut off his own ears. And he thought:I certainly can't defeat you, but I can try and run away.
    He quickly used his best form of the art of levitation to get away from the fatty.
    The fat man laughed:"Look he is running from me. Why?"
    Song Hongxing can be ranked as an first rate expert of this era and by the time the fat man laughed he was already 20 metres away from him.
    Everyone was certain that this fat man couldn't catch up with Song anymore.
    Suddenly the saw a silver flash flying towards Song with incredible speed, and the silver object made a turn and flew back to the fat man. They saw it was just a silver plate.
    Song Hongxing was still running, but after two extra paces his upper body fell off. And blood gushed out of his lower body like a fountain.
    His legs walked another two steps before the lower body fell too.
    Everyone was horrified, the fat man used the plate to slice the body of Song in two halves.
    They had never seen such martial arts before.
    The fat man laughed:"Isn't that funny? Do you see that? That body still walked another two steps. It is hilarious, isn't it?"
    Before he could finish Han Dayuan already laughed very loudly.
    The fat man said:"Someone is finally laughing. What's your name?"
    Han Dayuan stuttered:"Han.....Dayuan."
    The fat man smiled:"You laughed so loudly. You must find me very entertaining."
    Han Dayuan said quickly:"Yes, a fat man like you is very entertaining."
    The fat man laughed:"You have a sense of humour. I like that in a man. Say, can you do me a favour."
    Something snapped inside Han Dayuan and he screamed:"You......you.....want......me.....to do you a fav.....favour?"
    The fat man laughed:"Of course you, who else?"
    Han Dayuan leapt up and cursed:"You damn fat pig! I...I...Take this!"
    He raised his shovel and stormed towards the fat man. He hit the fat man with full force with the shovel. But there was no hole in him, in fact his fat sort of absorbed the shovel. Han Dayuan tried his best to pull out the shovel from the fat man, however in vain.
    The fatty casually slapped Han Dayuan, and Han flew backwards and made a few somersaults in mid-air. When he landed his head was mutilated beyong recognition.
    Long Beard Xiang was called the Invincible Fists but he had never seen or dreamt that such prowess existed.
    The fat man turned to him and asked:"What's your name?"
    Xiang knelt down and said:"My family name is Xiang. Sir, if you want me to cut off my ears I will cut them off. If you want me to cut off my nose I will do so. I won't run and won't resist."
    The fat man sighed:"Initially I wanted you to cut off that long beard of yours. But if you really want to cut off your nose and ears, by all means."
    Xiang collapsed on the ground, he could almost cry.
    The fatty said:"Well, what are you waiting for?"
    Xiang gritted his teeth and drew his sabre and cut off his nose and ears.
    He fainted of the pain.
    The fatty turned to Yu Fanghe and smiled:"I hear that you're the present chancellor of Wulin."
    Yu Fanghe said:"That is right."
    Yu Fanghe still remained calm and dignified, both Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er admired his strong will.
    The fat man smiled:"You do have something of a chancellor in you. Could you do me a favour?"
    This time it was Yu Fanghe's turn. Yu Peiyu tightly held on to Zhu Lei'Er's hand. He didn't know whether he should be happy or excited.
    He wanted to see the imposter dead for a very long time, but he wasn't too keen to see him die at the hands of another. But he had no choice, because he too realised he was no match for that fatty.
    Yu Fanghe smiled:"If the famous Tian Chixing The Day Eats The Constellation has something troubling him. I'm most willing to help."
    Tian Chixing was a bit startled and asked:"How do you know my name?"
    Yu Fanghe smiled:"I have heard of your fame and appearances for a very long time. It is indeed a honour to finally meet you. The Star Constellation devours everything, he has eaten countless martial artists. His stomach can hold a thousand people."
    Tian Chixing asked seriously:"Who told you that?"
    Yu Fanghe used his hand to make a gesture, unfortunately both Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er couldn't see what that sign was.
    Yu Peiyu saw the startled expression on Tian Chixing's face, Tian Chixing asked earnestly:"You...you recognize that person?"
    Yu Fanghe smiled:"That person doesn't dislike me, so we became quite close."
    Tian Chixing grabbed something from a plate and started to eat, he was called the world's biggest omnivore for a reason.
    He smiled:"Since you know that crazy person I won't ask you to do me a favour. But I do have a few questions."
    Yu Fanghe said politely:"Ask away, sir."
    Tian Chixing said:"Feng San helped out the late Zhu Mei once and that's why he lived here for some time. Is that true?"
    Yu Fanghe nodded and said:"Yes."
    Tian Chixing asked:"Where is he now? Did he die in the fire?"
    Yu Fanghe shook his head and said:"We didn't find the remains of Feng San, in fact nobody died in this fire."
    Tian Chixing frowned and said:"I hear that Zhu Mei managed to get hold of something. It is said that whoever owns that item will rule Wulin. Is that correct?"
    Yu Fanghe smiled:"True too."
    Tian Chixing asked:"So you were looking for that item earlier, right? And have you found it?"
    Yu Fanghe replied:"Yes, we're looking for it. But we haven't found it yet."
    Tian Chixing smiled:"Why won't you continue to dig?'
    Lin Shoujuan and Yu Fanghe looked at each other and smiled wryly. They both picked up the shovels and started to dig, they dug and dug and even struck a water source.
    Lin Shoujuan and Yu Fanghe were soaked and Yu smiled wryly:"Still nothing."
    Tian Chixing said seriously:"Zhu Mei must have hidden it somewhere else."
    Yu Fanghe sighed:"I believe so too."
    Tian Chixing laughed:"It is better that way, otherwise that thing will only cause trouble."
    He started to laugh very happily.
    Yu Fanghe coughed and asked:"Do you have anymore requests, sir? If not we will take our leave."
    Tian Chixing laughed:"Nope! Go, quickly leave! My head hurts when I think of that strange character."
    Yu Fanghe and Lin Shoujuan swiftly left this place, Yu Peiyu shook his head and sighed when he saw those two escaping that easily.

End of chapter 22
    Last edited by Athena; 07-21-03 at 10:38 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Cool

wow! a more expert than Granny Hu! I don't think Feng San at his peak would beat this fat man, right?

this is getting more exciting.

so is this new man one of ten masters or are there many more masters above the tens?

I dunno how well Feng San will stack up against this guy, but Feng San can toss around ki blasts, so he might be a match.

If even this fat guy is afraid of the mastermind, wow...

Arrow

To Goofy: I really don't know who should be better. I have the feeling that if Feng San (recovered with full internal strength), master Nu and the fat guy would fight. It would be most interesting battle, and I have no idea who the victor would be.

Chapter 23 Who Is To Blame?

After Yu Fanghe and Lin Shoujuan were gone for some time, Tian Chixing laughed:"It is very hot and stuffy under there. Come out now."
    Except for those men who carried the bed, there was no one here. Yu Peiyu didn't know who he was talking to. Tian Chixing pointed at their location, now Yu Peiyu was scared out of his wits. He knew that they were discovered by him.
    Zhu Lei'Er mumbled softly:"It is said that fat people are quite useless. This one must be an exception."
    She crawled out the furnace, Yu Peiyu couldn't stop her. She was a very bold young girl.
    Tian Chixing was surprised to see a beautiful young girl coming out.
    Zhu Lei'Er walked in front of him and smiled:"Wow! So many delicious dishes. Can I have some I am quite hungry."
    Without waiting for his answer she took an apple from the plate and started eating.
    Tian Chixing looked at her and asked:"Aren't you afraid of me?"
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Why should I be afraid of a funny and friendly man like you."
    Tian Chixing said:"Didn't you see me kill those men?"
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"A great hero like you, wouldn't kill a young girl like me. I'm very assured."
    Tian Chixing laughed:"Very amusing! Such a sweet tongue and at your age. Old crone Hu can learn a few things from you. You're so adorable, you can even be my daughter."
    Zhu Lei'Er laughed:"Being your daughter is quite nice, I think. I can eat everything I want and nobody will bully me."
    Tian Chixing laughed:"Enough flattering already. Tell the other person to come out too. Who is it anyway?"
    Zhu Lei'Er giggled:"Do you think he is afraid of you? You're wrong. Do you know who he is?"
    Tian Chixing laughed:"Having a lover at your young age."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Don't spout nonsense. My fourth uncle is a very gentle man, but when he's angry even my third uncle is a bit afraid of him."
    Tian Chixing asked:"Who is your third uncle?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said casually:"You've heard of him too, you even mentioned his name."
    Tian Chixing was startled and shocked and said:"F...Feng San is your uncle?"
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"You must know about my third uncle's abilities."
    Tian Chixing clapped his fat hands and laughed:"Hilarious! The brother of Feng San is hiding in the furnace."
    Yu Peiyu was still in there and didn't come out. Zhu Lei'Er was surprised because she knew that Yu Peiyu wasn't a coward. There must be a reason why he was still there.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"How dare you to be rude against my third uncle and fourth uncle!"
    Tian Chixing laughed:"That is some joke, me afraid? Afraid of Feng San? Some joke."
    Zhu Lei'Er was a bit surprised, this was the first time she saw someone not being afraid of her third uncle.
    Before she could speak again a voice from the furnace said:"That is some joke, me afraid? Afraid of Feng San? Some joke."
    His voice and laughter sounded exactly the same like Tian Chixing.
    Zhu Lei'Er was shocked, that wasn't the voice of Yu Peiyu. But if it wasn't Yu Peiyu who was there now.
    Tian Chixing was also taken by that voice, he managed to put a smile and said:"Why are you imitating me? Come out!"
    The voice laughed too:"Why are you imitating me? Come out!"
    Tian Chixing shrieked with fear:"Who....who are you?"
    The voice shrieked too in the same way:"Who....are you?"
    Tian Chixing was stunned and after a moment he composed himself and shouted:"I am a bastard! I am an idiot! I only know how to mimic the voices of others."
    The voice from the furnace said:"I am a bastard! I am an idiot! I only know how to mimic the voices of others."
    Tian Chixing said:"The most despicable and vile man on this world is the Parrot of Echo Valley."
    The voice said:"The most despicable and vile man on this world is the Parrot of Echo Valley."
    Whatever Tian Chixing cursed this Parrot would repeat. Zhu Lei'Er was quite amused but when she thought about it it was quite eerie. Someone repeating every word you say.
    Tian Chixing was sweating like a pig now, he screamed:"If...if you keep repeating my words. I will kill you!"
    The Parrot repeated:"If...if you keep repeating my words. I will kill you!"
    Tian Chixing yelled:"You.....you....."
    The Parrot repeated:"You.....you....."
    Tian Chixing stormed back into his carriage, his carriers followed and the carriage rode away from this place like they were being pursued by some monster.
    Zhu Lei'Er was too surprised and the Parrot stopped repeating anything now. She walked back to the furnace and called:"Fourth uncle!"
    But no one answered, it seems that Yu Peiyu wasn't there anymore. But when she took a look, she saw Yu Peiyu still in there.
    She smiled:"So it was you, fourth uncle. That was most impressive, you gave that fat man quite a scare."
    Yu Peiyu didn't answer, he just looked at Zhu Lei'Er.
    Zhu Lei'Er was shocked and asked:"What's wrong?"
    She pushed him but he had no reaction, his acupoints were sealed.
    She also noticed there was a hole in the furnace at the other side.
    Luckily Zhu Lei'Er learnt the skills to seal and unseal acupoints from Feng San. Feng San knew all the different types of sealing acupoints techniques in the world.
    She unsealed Yu's acupoints and asked:"Fourth uncle, what happened? Who came by?"
    Yu Peiyu sighed deeply and said:"Someone did come by. But I didn't see who it was."
    When he wanted to follow Zhu Lei'Er out, someone sealed his acupoints.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"That person must have punched a hole through the furnace."
    Yu Peiyu nodded.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Didn't you hear something? There is a hole in the wall behind you."
    Yu Peiyu shook his head and said:"I did not hear a thing. The bricks around the furnace are very hard, but this person punched a hole through like it was tofu."
    Zhu Lei'Er was very scared to know that this person had such powerful palm energy. She asked:"What happened?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Someone crawled in the furnace and stayed behind me."
    Zhu Lei'Er said with surprise:"That hole is very small. He can't fit through there."
    Yu Peiyu said:"This man must have reached the highest level of the Skeleton Shrinking Skill."
    This skill wasn't a very amazing technique, usually some ordinary thieves would have learnt something of this skill. But the level of this mysterious person was unbelievable.
    Zhu Lei'Er was silent for awhile and asked:"That's when he started to repeat the words of Tian Chixing."
    Yu Peiyu nodded:"Exactly."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Did you see how he looked like?"
    Yu Peiyu shook his head and sighed:"No, unfortunately not. I couldn't turn around to see his face."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"That person must be very agile."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"This man is truly awesome."
    Zhu Lei'Er frowned:"Tian Chixing said this person came from the Echo Valley. But I've never heard of the valley before, third uncle never mentioned it to me. Tian Chixing is not even afraid of my third uncle and he ran as fast he could when he heard of the Echo valley. That sign Yu Fanghe made to Tian Chixing could that refer to them."
    Yu Peiyu looked very troubled and repeated:"Echo Valley? Echo Valley? What place is that?"
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Even if I knew where that place was, I will never go there. My heaven! Someone repeating my every word I will go mad."
    The mere thought of it was quite frightning, she didn't want to think of it anymore.

Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er now heard some soft moaning sounds. Zhu Lei'Er held on to Yu Peiyu's hand, they carefully walked closer to look and they saw a man covered in blood standing up.
    His face and clothes were covered in blood, if it wasn't for his long beard no one would know who he was.
    Zhu Lei'Er was relieved to see it was only Long Beard Xiang.
    She whispered:"He is still alive, Long Beard Xiang."
    Yu Peiyu wanted to tend to his wounds, but when he noticed that Xiang was behaving suspiciously he stopped.
    Xiang began to laugh wickedly, his mad laughter made him look even more ghastly.
    A man without a nose and ears is a terrible sight, but a man with no ears and a nose laughing like a lunatic is even more terrible.
    Zhu Lei'Er held on to Yu Peiyu's hand even more tightly.
    Xiang said happily:"Yu Fanghe....Yu Fanghe, I've won from you. I have found it, you did not."
    He jumped back into the hole they dug.
    Zhu Lei'Er whispered happily:"He must have found the object. He is going to hide the thing back there again."
    Yu Peiyu was a bit happy too, Zhu Lei'Er and he swifly moved over to the hole.
    They saw old Xiang sitting in the hole like an old child, his hand were tightly around a small metalic box.
    He was laughing:"It is mine. All mine! I will become invinicible, everyone will bow before me. My time for recognition has finally come."
    Zhu Lei'Er sneered:"Don't count your chicks before they hatch."
    Old Xiang jumped up and stared evily at Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er and asked frantically:"What...what do you want?"
    Zhu Lei'Er responded:"We just want that little box."
    He put his hands behind his back and said:"What box? What are you talking about?"
    Zhu Lei'Er was amused by this childish act of his, but she was also feeling a bit sorry for the old man. She shook his head and sighed:"There is no point in hiding it."
    Xiang jumped up and down and yelled:"It's mine! I sacrificed my own ears and nose for this small box. You can only have it after you kill me."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"After killing you. That wouldn't be too much trouble."
    Xiang shouted:"You......"
    Suddenly he fell down with spasms and after awhile he was motionless.
    Zhu Lei'Er leapt down and took his pulse and sighed:"He is dead. I never believed that anger could kill."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"The shock of losing his treasure was too much for him."
    Zhu Lei'Er pouted:"You can't blame me for that. But I can't let him keep that box, can I?'
    Yu Peiyu smiled wryly:"I'm not blaming you. It is his own fault for being greedy."
    Zhu Lei'Er wanted to take the box from him, but Xiang clutched tightly to the box. She had to use a shovel to jack open his hands.
    She said softly:"I wonder what is in here. He wouldn't let go of it even when he is dead."

There was only a notebook in the small box, and there were no characters in the notebook either. It was available in all the bookshops in the land. And a bamboo tablet with no markings on it.
    Zhu Lei'Er was very disappointed and sighed with indignation:"These are treasures. For these little things Yu Fanghe burnt down this entire village? For this all these people died? What? Why?"
    She threw the items on the ground and wanted to stamp on it.
    Yu Peiyu picked them up and said:"Anyway we went through a lot to get these things. Let's keep them around, as a sort of souvenir."
    Zhu Lei'Er pouted:"Souvenir of what? Of this old man Xiang? I might as well let him keep it."
    Yu Peiyu said:"I think there is something to these two objects. Your mother wouldn't secretly burry these two objects if they were useless."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Is there something special to this useless treasure?"
    Yu Peiyu smiled and shook his head, Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Fourth uncle, you can have it if you want it. I don't want to keep these useless objects around. I don't people to think I'm some sort of silly dumb girl."
    Yu Peiyu laughed:"No matter what, nobody will think you're a silly dumb girl."
    Yu Peiyu put the notebook and the bamboo table away in his robe
    and started to burry the corpses of those men.
    Zhu Lei'Er sighed and said:"Fourth uncle, you're really a nice man. Your future wife must be one very lucky girl."
    Yu Peiyu sighed too and thought of Lin Daiyu and Jin Yanzi, he remained silent for a moment and said sadly:"I'm an unfortunate man, everyone will be cast in my misfortune too."
    Zhu Lei'Er blinked her eyes and said:"Does that mean you won't take me along?" She paused for a minute and lowered her head:"I know that I am an poor orphan and can't go anywhere. But I don't want to become your burden, fourth uncle. I will leave."
    Yu Peiyu patted her gently on her back and smiled:"Little girls shouldn't think too much. Even if I didn't want to take you along, after hearing you, I will have to change my mind."
    She happily raised her head and smiled:"Where are we going?"
    Yu Peiyu didn't know how to answer her question, because he had no idea too.
    He thought for awhile and said softly:"I wonder whether the Tang Clan has discovered that Tang Wushuang is missing. I wonder if Jin Yanzi is still there."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Fourth uncle, are we going to the Tang Manor?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Why not? Let us have a look."
    Zhu Lei'Er clapped her hands in happiness and smiled:"I have heard that the Tang Manor is a very fun and exciting place."
    Suddenly they heard a group of people crying and cursing coming their way. They must be the villlagers.
    Zhu Lei'Er took Yu Peiyu by his hand and walked the other way.
    Outside Family Li Village it was already day, the awful burnt smell and the cries of the villagers couldn't be smelled or heard.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Do you think that Yu Fanghe will really pay up?'
    Yu Peiyu said:"I think he will. He wants to win support over from all kinds of people."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"But they can't compensate for the emotional losses. The pain to see your home destroyed is really very overwhelming."
    Yu Peiyu consoled her by saying:"Time will heal everything. And the fond memories of the past will always stay with you."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled sweetly:"You're right. If you keep thinking about the unhappy events in your life, there is no point in living anymore."
    It was a very bright and sunny day and the day was filled with hope.
    Zhu Lei'Er sighed deeply first but afterwards she smiled:"Anyway I'm still young and alive. The world is a big place and there are so many places I want to see and visit."
    She opened up her arms and dashed forward into the wind, Yu Peiyu was very happy to see her smiling and happy again. He too felt cheerful again. However suddenly they heard a soft moaning coming from the tall grass.
    A voice sighed:"Young people shouldn't be depressed, only old woman like me......"
    She started to cough violently, Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er were startled to hear this voice.
    Zhu Lei'Er ran back to Yu Peiyu and held on to his hand again and said:"Granny Hu? Is that you?"
    Granny Hu coughed and panted:"Yes, it is me. Please give me some water, I beg you. Please be benevolent good sir and Miss."
    Last edited by Athena; 07-21-03 at 09:29 AM.
    And all we need of hell.

From the way Feng San beat the so called ten great martial artists when he helped Zhu Er'Lei's mother, I always thought Feng San would beat this fat man if he hadn't be poisoned.
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

Dang, martial art experts left and right. It seems you can't kick a rock without it hitting an experts of some sort. Can't wait for the book to end and we can rank the best fighters.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Originally posted by Noodles
    From the way Feng San beat the so called ten great martial artists when he helped Zhu Er'Lei's mother, I always thought Feng San would beat this fat man if he hadn't be poisoned.
    Yeah but Granny Hu was quite afraid of the fat guy too. And thats with him not knowing she has been weaken. She is a smart woman, and IMHO, if there was even a perception that she was his equal, she wouldn't cut off her nose and run like that.

Uhh.... People of the Mastermind dying left and right? Wow, what's his master plan without all his subbordinates? It seems there's only a few left now.

Btw, it seems the guy (or parrot ) who echo the voices seems even more powerful than Feng San. I think the Mastermind (if that's not him) might be the most powerful martial artist in this story (unless Yu PeiYu decides to catch up with that invisible "bee cup" he found).

Thanks again for the translation Lin'Er :hugs:

J
    No longer walking amongst the living...

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

Things are turning more to the happy side...or is it!? Will Yu Jr. give Granny Hu water, then maybe she'll tell him about her past with Yu Senor!? Until next time, on TSATE!

Thanks, Athena .
    AKA: Frantasy

Translating: Ni Tian Xie Shen (逆天邪神) – Against the Gods by Mars Gravity @ https://alyschu.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by Athena
    To Goofy: I really don't know who should be better. I have the feeling that if Feng San (recovered with full internal strength), master Nu and the fat guy would fight. It would be most interesting battle, and I have no idea who the victor would be.
    Here's how I'd rank them: Feng San (full strength), Tian ChiXing, Master Nu. I'm also personally convinced that Feng and Tian should be a level above Nu.

Feng San took on three of the ten Masters and put the fear of God in them with one move. Assuming all the Masters were around the same level back then (and theres no reason why they wouldn't be, except Granny Hu being slightly weaker), and even though Master Nu must have improved since Feng San fought the three, I don't think enough time has passed for him to catch up to Feng San. The discrepancy was too big.

As for Tian, can't really reveal too much other than what you've translated so far. So all I can say is that Granny Hu is way too scared of him, and he is way too haughty towards Feng San for him to be at the level of the Masters. Of course, there is other evidence as well.

Cool

Are these top fighters from this story considered the best in GL's cannons? It seems so from this novel, but again, I don't read enough GL's to judge it.

Hard to say conclusively who is the best in the GL world. There are quite a few characters from other novels who are very impressive. However, I can say that this is one of the GL novels that has a very large number of top fighters. Again, kinda like DGSD.

DGSD didn't go crazy like this haha

Here's how I'd rank them: Feng San (full strength), Tian ChiXing, Master Nu. I'm also personally convinced that Feng and Tian should be a level above Nu.

Feng San took on three of the ten Masters and put the fear of God in them with one move. Assuming all the Masters were around the same level back then (and theres no reason why they wouldn't be, except Granny Hu being slightly weaker), and even though Master Nu must have improved since Feng San fought the three, I don't think enough time has passed for him to catch up to Feng San. The discrepancy was too big.
    I can live with these ranking. Although I was had the impression that master Nu was the best of those 10. Or he was just too hot-heated to fear Feng San.

Allright, thanks everyone!

Zhu Lei'Er looked at her and said:"You, cunning old witch! What are you up to again?"
    Granny Hu panted:"Miss, no tricks this time. I am very thirsty....I just want some water. That damn sun......."
    Zhu Lei'Er pulled Yu Peiyu's hand and said:"Let's leave! I don't want to see this awfull old woman again."
    Seeing granny Hu's face bloody and mutilated, Yu Peiyu felt sorry for her. She tried to get up but fell down again.
    She begged:"Young master Yu, I know you're a kind man. Please some water."
    Yu Peiyu gently pushed aside Zhu Lei'Er's hand and walked over to granny Hu.
    Zhu Lei'Er sighed:"Old crone, listen carefully. My fourth uncle is a good man. Don't try to trick him, if you do I will cut off your tongue personally."
    She too walked over to the tall grass and to a look at granny Hu.
    Her mouth was very dry and her clothes were covered with mud and blood.
    When she saw Zhu Lei'Er wanted to smile, but when she tried she almost fainted of the pain.
    She panted:"Miss, I am too weak now to do anything. How can I harm anyone now?"
    Zhu Lei'Er was a bit surprised to see in her in this state but retorted:"That is your own fault for doing all those evil deeds."
    Granny Hu said sadly:"I know it is too late to repent now. But if I weren't that old I wouldn't be that weak of a mere wound."
    Zhu Lei'Er knew that her weak state wasn't caused by the lost of her nose. In fact the real reason was that she lost the lion's share of her internal power to Feng San and Yu Peiyu. That took a heavy toll on her old body, plus the fact that she lost a lot of blood when she cut off her own nose.
    Zhu Lei'Er also felt a bit sad for her now, and wondered why it took Yu Peiyu that long to get some water.
    She asked granny Hu:"Of all the people why ask us for water?"
    Granny Hu answered:"Maybe because I'm afraid of other people. I only trust a good young man like young master Yu now."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Why all the confidence in my fourthy uncle?"
    Granny Hu said:"Only men like him can make women feel secure and safe. He is to be trusted, although I'm old but I am still a woman."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled sweetly:"It seems you have good taste."
    Granny Hu asked:"Why do you call him fourth uncle? He isn't that much older than you."
    Zhu Lei'Er ignored her and was playing with some long grass straws.
    Granny Hu secretly looked at her and said:"If I were your age and I saw a man like young master Yu, I wouldn't let him go. I will try to do everything possible just to be around him and to marry him. I wouldn't call him fourth uncle."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Do you think I'm old enough to get married?"
    Granny Hu said:"Why not? Some girls at your age are mothers already."
    Zhu Lei'Er suddenly stood still and was daydreaming, the sun shone on her beautiful face, she was blushing. But she didn't look like a child anymore. Children who grew up under tough circumstances will mature quicker.
    Also Zhu Lei'Er didn't hate this old woman that much anymore.
    However granny Hu knew exactly what words to say, to make this young girl happy. But why go through all that trouble? Whenever she spoke she would be in pain, what is she up to?

Yu Peiyu came back with a gourd of water, and he was sweating. He went through some work to get this water.
    Granny Hu happily said:"Thank you, young master Yu. Thank you! I knew you are a good man."
    Yu Peiyu didn't say anything, he put the gourd in front of her. Granny Hu tried to get up and take the gourd but she fell down again. She couldn't life a pebble in her present state.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Be careful, if you spill it we won't get you anymore."
    Granny Hu panted:"I know.....I know......."
    She took the gourd with difficulty but she was really too weak and couldn't hold on to it. Fortunately Zhu Lei'Er quickly caught the gourd.
    Zhu Lei'Er said in an irritated tone:"I told you to be careful."
    Granny Hu panted:"I know, but......I didn't know I was that weak. I fear my end is nearing......"
    She started to sob now, Zhu Lei'Er sighed and put the gourd to granny Hu's mouth. She immediately drank heartily.
    Zhu Lei'Er was amused by her actions and turned around to Yu Peiyu and laughed:"Fourth uncle, look at her. She is just....."
    All of a sudden her laughter was gone, she quickly leapt aside and the remaining splattered on granny Hu.
    Yu Peiyu went over to Zhu Lei'Er and asked:"What is wrong?"
    Zhu Lei'Er angrilly cursed:"The ungrateful crone...."
    Yu Peiyu didn't trust that old woman for a bit, but he did not notice anything strage about her. But now he was furious and yelled:"What do you want!"
    Granny Hu panted:"My nails were too long, I am sorry to have scratched you, Miss."
    Yu Peiyu immediately took Zhu Lei'Er's hand and saw a scratch.
    He asked:"Is there poison on her nails?"
    Zhu Lei'Er nodded and said:"Hmmm."
    Yu Peiyu asked softly:"Are you immune to it?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"If I took it in, it won't harm me. But now this poison directly entered my bloodstream. I fear......."
    Yu Peiyu sighed deeply and turned around to face granny Hu. He said very slowly:"What do you want from us?"
    Granny Hu panted:"I am very sorry, I didn't mean to. But.....young master Yu, kill me."
    Yu Peiyu said coldly:"You know I won't kill you."
    Granny Hu laughed loudly:"I know that. I am very old and if a young girl like her can accomapany me in the netherworld......."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"What are your conditions for the antidote?"
    Granny Hu said calmly:"This is one of my best tricks, I won't keep the antidote on me. If she does not take the antidote within the next three days, she will surely die a horrible death."
    Yu Peiyu wiped away his sweat and asked:"Where is the antidote?"
    Granny Hu laughed:"Listen to my commands and I will give it to you."
    Zhu Lei'Er said loudly:"Don't listen to her. Don't let her threaten you!"
    She pulled out a short sword out of her sleeve and wanted to chop off her arm.
    Yu Peiyu quickly grabbed the sword and said:"What are you doing!"
    Zhu Lei'Er explained:"The poison has only travelled through my arm, if I would....."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"Silly child! She will give us the antidote, don't worry. Why....why....."
    He was impressed and touched by her courage to chop off her own arm.
    Zhu Lei'Er wept:"I cannot let fourth uncle to do her every command."
    Yu Peiyu was very touched and smiled:"You're willing to sacrifice your arm for me. I will find a way to get the antidote. Don't worry about me."
    Granny Hu clapped and laughed:"What a sweet pair of lovebirds! Even the famous Zhu Yingtai and Liang Shanbo* are nothing compared to you."
    Zhu Lei'Er blushed and stamped her feet:"Don't talk rubbish in front of my fourth uncle."
    Granny Hu giggled:"You're resent me for saying that, but I know in your heart you're very happy. I just said that you and your fourth uncle are a made for each other. You forgot to pay attention to me when I just told you that young master Yu is made for you."
    Zhu Lei'Er ran into Yu Peiyu's arms out of embarrassment and said softly:"Don't believe a word she says."
    Yu Peiyu coughed and said seriously:"Where is the antidote?"
    Granny Hu said:"I have a home too and there is the antidote. If you can bring me back within the next three days, you will receive your reward."
    Granny Hu said:"Go and rent a carriage, I will give you the directions."

Granny Hu sat in the carriage and she looked like she was about to die any minute. Her eyes were closed and saliva dripping out of her mouth. It was a disgusting sight, Zhu Lei'Er was very annoyed by her and said angrilly:"You sly old witch! You were waiting for us there, weren't you?'
    Granny Hu giggled:"Not really, but I hate to pass out on a great opportunity."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at her for some time and smiled:"Thank you! I will repay you somehow for your generosity."
    If Zhu Lei'Er said that in a mean way, granny Hu wouldn't bothered by it. She has heard those lines perhaps thousands of times in her life. But seeing that Zhu Lei'Er was saying those words in this manner she really got goosebumps.
    She smiled difficultly:"You shouldn't be angry with me, in fact you should even thank me."
    Zhu Lei'Er said with indignation:"Thank you?"
    Granny Hu laughed:"If I didn't arrange this little test, you wouldn't know that your fourth uncle cared that much for you."
    Yu Peiyu felt a bit embarrassed and coughed dryly, he quickly changed topics and asked:"What unsolved matters do you have with that Yu ....person?"
    Granny Hu didn't answer and looked at Yu Peiyu and asked:"Your family name is Yu too. Is he a relative of yours? And judging by your accent you're both from the same province."
    Yu Peiyu's heart ached and said:"No, I don't even know him."
    Granny Hu laughed:"Well, I suppose I can tell you. Either this Yu Fanghe has gone senile or I am sure this is not the real Yu Fanghe. The Yu Fanghe, we see now is an imposter. I am sure of that."
    Yu Peiyu was extremely excited in his heart, finally someone understood believed him. Even it this person was the awful witch granny Hu.
    He made a fist and tried not to reveal his emotions and asked casually:"Imposter? I don't think anyone who believe your assumptions."
    Granny Hu sighed:"I know that too, nobody will believe me."
    Yu Peiyu just said:"Hmmmm?"
    Granny Hu continued:"Twenty years ago I met Yu Fanghe. We did not have any unresolved animosities, in fact he saved my life."
    Yu Peiyu was suprised and asked:"Saved your life?"
    Granny Hu said:"When he saved my life, he didn't know who I was. But afterwards when we exchanged names, he knw. He wasn't sorry for saving me. He even advised not to do so much evil anymore. Good men like him are becoming a rarity. If he mentioned this incident I wouldn't have given him any trouble. However the Yu Fanghe I saw yesterday didn't even know of that incident, he even thought I was an enemy of the real Yu Fanghe. So what do you think? It is most strange."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"It is quite funny."
    She casually looked at Yu Peiyu and saw he was emtionless.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Since you know that, why won't you use it against the imposter?"
    Granny Hu sighed:"Don't think that the imposter is a weakling. In my opinion the imposter might be even more dangerous than the real Yu Fanghe. Especially when it comes to martial arts."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"You haven't fought each other, how do you know?"
    Granny Hu said:"Because he keeps a low profile that makes him dangerous. Even I wasn't ill I wouldn't dare to engage him in battle."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"You think he is better than the ten martial arts masters?"
    Granny Hu said:"Everyone in Wulin fears the leaders of the prominent schools and sects, don't they?"
    Zhu Lei'Er nodded.
    Granny Hu said:"Those leaders are very much afraid of the ten of us, correct?"
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Afraid is a big word, let us say they don't like to see you lot."
    Granny Hu said:"But the ten of us aren't that powerful as everyone thinks. There are a few others that exceed us. The reason why I'm still around is that I don't underestimate my adversaries."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"If that Yu Fanghe is a martial arts master too, why would he degrade himself to ask master Nu to aid him."
    Granny Hu said:"Maybe he doesn't want to expose his true martial arts yet. Furthermore I see that he has big plans and isn't too concerned about doing a few degrading jobs."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Is that the reason why that fat man left him alone, he made a sort sign to him."
    Granny Hu quickly asked:"What sign was that?"
    Zhu Lei'Er shook her head and said:"I coulnd't see."
    Granny Hu said softly to herself:"What is wrong these days? Those long lost experts are coming out again. I fear Wulin will become a restless place, if I can survive all of this I will stay home and enjoy my final years in peace....."
    Granny Hu slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep, Zhu Lei'Er looked at Yu Peiyu and saw he had his eyes closed too. She sighed and looked outside.
    It was a nice day, and they were travelling very fast. Zhu Lei'Er saw that the rider used his whip to speeden the horses.
    She was enjoying the scenery, but suddenly she thought of something and her face changed.
    How could Yu Peiyu find a carriage that fast and by the looks of the carriage and horses, those were impossible to find in a small town like the Family Li Village.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked softly:"Fourth uncle, where did you rent this carriage?"
    But Yu Peiyu was sound asleep, in the beginning she thought he was just pretending. But she shook him a bit, he was still asleep.
    Zhu Lei'Er pushed him a bit harder and said in his ear:"Wake up! There is something wrong with this carriage."
    Yu Peiyu opened his eyes for a moment and mumbled:"What is wrong with the carriage......"
    But he fell asleep again, granny Hu was snoring.
    Zhu Lei'Er panicked and called out:"Sir, could you stop the carriage please? I feel a bit sick."
    The rider laughed:"If you're sick just sleep a bit. You will feel a bit better."

*Liang Shanbo and Zhu Yingtai were a famous tragic love couple in ancient China. I believe in the Sui dynasty 581-618 A.D.
    Zhu Yingtai dressed up like a man to attend school. Liang fell in love with her, but he thought she was a man. And she fell for him too. Alas, Zhu Yingtai was already engaged to someone else. When Liang finally found out Zhu was really a girl, he was grief-stricken, and Zhu was about to marry into another family. Liang died of sadness, Zhu Yingtai was hearbroken too and she went to his grave and saw that Liang's grave was open and a butterfly flew out of the coffin. She, too turned into a butterfly and flew off with him.
    Last edited by Athena; 07-21-03 at 09:17 AM.
    And all we need of hell.

I finally understand why so many people say that Gu Long have a tendency to add plot twist after plot twist. It's good to experience it first hand. Thanks a bunch.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

Uh oh, who's the rider and where is he taking Yu Jr. & Co.!? Until next time, on TSATE!

Thanks, Athena .
    AKA: Frantasy

Translating: Ni Tian Xie Shen (逆天邪神) – Against the Gods by Mars Gravity @ https://alyschu.wordpress.com/

woah.. twist and turning!!! I feel I was in different world while reading it... good one!
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.