Thread: Lo Yau Gerk needn't have worried.

Default Lo Yau Gerk needn't have worried.

During the Siege of Samarkand towards the end of LOCH, Prince Tolui of Mongolia helped his anda, Gwok Jing, to force Beggar's Union Elder Lo Yau Gerk to reveal the whereabouts of Wong Yung by telling Gwok Jing to do the following: order Lo Yau Gerk to reveal Wong Yung's location to him by noon the next day, or face execution for insubordination. The ploy worked, but did Lo Yau Gerk really need to worry? Anyone who knew Gwok Jing would realize that he was bluffing. He would *never* execute a good, innocent man for such a reason.

Tolui ? TVB's bullshit again ? It was Guo Jing who came up with that idea. He wasn't that dumb, you know, esp by the end of LOCH. He was pretty mature and wise by then. Just read some of the things he said near the end

Lo should be worried. A general's command in the Mongolian army was serious. Guo Jing wouldn't be able to take back his words.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

however, in the book [at least in the newest revision], Guo Jing was said to be worried about what would happen to the guy if he didn't see Huang Rong. Guo Jing realised that he couldn't have executed the guy if Huang Rong didn't show up. Luckily she did though. She probably didn't want him to face such a problem.