Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOMD: Can WXB become a true martial artist?

Default DOMD: Can WXB become a true martial artist?

WXB is probably the only JY's hero who relies mostly on his mouth rather than on his gongfu (actually other than that lightness gongfu similar to the one Duan Yu learnt, I can't remember whether WXB learnt any other gongfu, please correct me if I am wrong). If he actually puts his mind and efforts to really learn some good martial art techniques and gets pointers from experts, do you think he will be able to become a good martial artist, oh well, say at least to the level of Chen Jialuo or Yuan Chengzhi?

I think he won't be that good, he is just like Huang Rong. Using brain to solve problems always comes first in his mind rather than using martial arts.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

i don't think so. probably the most important factor in learning kungfu, other than pure genius, is work ethic. you need to train, and train, and train...WXB would never have had that kind of patience or dedication. he would have just learned how to use more poisons. even on the smarts part...even though WXB was a genius in street smarts, he never had any formal schooling. i doubt he would have been able to understand the deep writings of kungfu masters on his own...he could have been pretty good if he had a great master, maybe even if a mediocre master like chan ka lok taught him personally. however, it was chan gun lam who was his master. and even though chan gun lam was pretty good for his time, he was just a swordsman...WXB would have probably become about as good as LHC without DG9J and internal energy.

WXB did the best he could, i think. it's better for him to stick to tricking everybody.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Well, I was just wondering if WXB can become a great martial artist. Imagine someone not only with superior gongfu skills but also with tricky brain and mouth

Originally posted by rabadi
    Well, I was just wondering if WXB can become a great martial artist. Imagine someone not only with superior gongfu skills but also with tricky brain and mouth
    Yeung Gor seems to fit that description.

If you seek to compare WXB with Huang Rong, they why WXB cannot reach a good level of martial arts? Given that he actually has a good brain, it should not be difficult for him to learn and practice kongfu.

Originally posted by Thai guy
    If you seek to compare WXB with Huang Rong, they why WXB cannot reach a good level of martial arts? Given that he actually has a good brain, it should not be difficult for him to learn and practice kongfu.
    Martial arts doesn't require great intelligence (just ask Gwok Jing), it requires dedication, patience, and willingness to endure suffering. Wai Siu Bo doesn't fit any of those requirements.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Martial arts doesn't require great intelligence (just ask Gwok Jing), it requires dedication, patience, and willingness to endure suffering. Wai Siu Bo doesn't fit any of those requirements.

Hrrrrmph. Tell that to Duan Yu.

Originally posted by rabadi
    Yang Guo, Huang Rong, Huang Yao Shi, Ou Yang Feng, Linghu Chong, need I go on?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Yang Guo, Huang Rong, Huang Yao Shi, Ou Yang Feng, and Linghu Chong are definitely smart people with good gongfu, but I somewhat feel that they are more... *clean* than WXB. WXB tricked people again and again. Other than that lightness gongfu of his, he really relied on his mouth, whereas for YG, HR, HYS, OYF, and LHC, they also had their gongfu to defend themselves. Now, imagine someone as *dirty* as WXB mastering advanced martial arts techniques. That would be scary.

Could we even be sure WXB will do good deeds if he has martial arts? Girls better stay home at night. A "flower picking thief"?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

if anyone worked...he'd be a decent martial artist, and if you have a brain like WXB and hard work, of course you'd get something good. I mean, if HR and DY really put more effort into their training, they'd kick anyone's ***

Could we even be sure WXB will do good deeds if he has martial arts? Girls better stay home at night. A "flower picking thief"?
    he didn't do very bad deeds, they just weren't very decent or heroic

How about that incident when all 7 girls were on the bed together. He was quite rude without consulting. ><
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

what else are you suppose to do on a bed in a brothel?

Originally posted by philip
    what else are you suppose to do on a bed in a brothel?
    A very good point.

Originally posted by superboy
    I thought WXB always wanted to be a hero
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

philip says:

if anyone worked...he'd be a decent martial artist, and if you have a brain like WXB and hard work, of course you'd get something good. I mean, if HR and DY really put more effort into their training, they'd kick anyone's ***
    tell that to the wu brothers.

WXB was tricky because he was a country boy and didn't have manners. he broke all the rules simply becaue he didn't KNOW any. he proved his moral ground, though, when he defended the emperor AND the tin dei wui. if he went through martial arts training, he would gain the patience and restraint that real masters require...then he wouldn't be WXB at all.

siu bo, keep your mouth...don't learn kungfu

and to answer you, rabadi...if WXB kept his personality but had kungfu like XF, he'd be the greatest fighter in the universe. he'd beat sweeper, cuz he'd just piss sweeper off...and since sweeper never really felt anger before, he'd die from fire deviation
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Originally posted by sixdays
    and to answer you, rabadi...if WXB kept his personality but had kungfu like XF, he'd be the greatest fighter in the universe. he'd beat sweeper, cuz he'd just piss sweeper off...and since sweeper never really felt anger before, he'd die from fire deviation
    That's a good one

come on WXB owns..........

WXB vs Yang Guo
    he can just throw ashes on Yan Guo's Eyes and smash his head with a flower vase.

i think some form of wu gong suits him like those that rely on speed, agilty and flexibilty. too bad he is too lazy and impatient, and have no interest at all unless it is for chasing girls. he won't sit down and practice in earnest .