Thread: Themes of Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain and Another Thing

Default Themes of Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain and Another Thing

For example, a character is not what the character seemed. Can anybody add more? I'm working on something and I need it.

Does anybody know where I can get the picture of each chapter. U know, the picture that represents each chapter for this book.

Male-bonding, especially in the last chapter

parenting, esp. fatherhood, is a huge theme in flying fox. so so with an evil father, wu fei without a father, yiu yut yut was an orphan...so so's child with an illegitimate father, just like herself...the whole thing is about the legacy of parent to child, esp. with wu yut do's legacy for wu fei in the form of the bladeplay.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Male-bonding, especially in the last chapter
    Damn it! What's with u and male bonding?

Umm. Can anybody give me Chapter pictures for the novel Fox Volant of Snowy mountain. Ther's about 10 pictures. And I need them for a project. I don't have a scanner! (sobs)

I heard that Jin Yong found inspiration for Flying Fox after he watched the jap movie Rashomon [Akira Kanashiro- can't remember how to spell his name]. So i guess one of the main themes for Flying Fox is truth and how truth can be distorted and how difficult it is to find the truth.

Yes. Akira Kurosawa.

That's the one! I knew it was some jap name starting with a K.

can anybody summarized the novel Fox Volant of Snowy Mountain in a couple of paragraphs?? I'm having a hard time

I took it from some review on the internet, but this may not be much of a help, sorry.

The story took place in Snowy Mountain in the coldest part of Manchuria, one Winter's morning in 1781. The Dragon Lodge party ran into the Horse Spring Banditry who were there to unearth a buried casket. They were waylaid yet by the Peking Overland Convoy. All three parties had designs on the metal casket, supposedly housing a poniard, which was an heirloom of the Martial Brotherhood. A monk arrived on the scene and the invited the parties to the eyrie on the summit. The lord of the eyrie happened to be away summoning help to fight Fox Volant of the Snowy Mountain, who was scheduled to arrive on the summit at noon. While waiting, each one in the parties began recounting incidents which took place some twenty years before. The excitement, intrigue and action in these incidents are well dramatized, with one event firmly intertwining with others in the past, developing into a vendetta involving the offspring of several families. The story ends with a fight between Fox, the hero of the story, and his sworn enemy, but the result of the fight is untold, left to the imagination and creative power of individual readers.

does anyone know which flying fox book and chapter does miao renfeng praise hu yidao's wife, earning the ire of his own?

Quote Originally Posted by rabadi View Post
    I took it from some review on the internet, but this may not be much of a help, sorry.

The story took place in Snowy Mountain in the coldest part of Manchuria, one Winter's morning in 1781. The Dragon Lodge party ran into the Horse Spring Banditry who were there to unearth a buried casket. They were waylaid yet by the Peking Overland Convoy. All three parties had designs on the metal casket, supposedly housing a poniard, which was an heirloom of the Martial Brotherhood. A monk arrived on the scene and the invited the parties to the eyrie on the summit. The lord of the eyrie happened to be away summoning help to fight Fox Volant of the Snowy Mountain, who was scheduled to arrive on the summit at noon. While waiting, each one in the parties began recounting incidents which took place some twenty years before. The excitement, intrigue and action in these incidents are well dramatized, with one event firmly intertwining with others in the past, developing into a vendetta involving the offspring of several families. The story ends with a fight between Fox, the hero of the story, and his sworn enemy, but the result of the fight is untold, left to the imagination and creative power of individual readers.
    That's the back cover summary from the English translation.

Yo Kang, my own recommendation would be to read the book. Write your own summary after you've read it. Don't rely on something someone else wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by junzi
    does anyone know which flying fox book and chapter does miao renfeng praise hu yidao's wife, earning the ire of his own?
    It's in 雪山飞狐 (Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain), Chapter 10.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。