View Poll Results: Is Zhou Zhi Ruo good or evil?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

28 37.84%
  • Evil

27 36.49%
  • Not sure

15 20.27%
  • Dont know who she is...

4 5.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Zhou Zhi Ruo good or evil?

Default Is Zhou Zhi Ruo good or evil?

Is Zhou Zhi Ruo good or evil?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

she was evil as hell (wanna make her fans mad )
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

She may not be too good but she's not evil either. Blame it on her teacher Mie Jue

mie jue made her into a more despicable creature, but her ambition was all her own...

she was evil, kids, face it. she may have been fine, but she's still evil...
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

She's fine, but she's not the best person with the top morals either.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

she's alright.. there are other characters who are evil.. zhiruo cannot compare to them in evilness.

i think she is two faced... i can see her being kind sometimes, and sometimes being, uh.. evil, she CAN do evil things, but she also Can do kind things... very Bian Tai.

is she a gemini?

We cannot really blame ZZR. She went to E-Mei since she was very young. She lost her father and mother. We have to blame the one who taught her or raised her to be: Mei Jue.

Originally posted by Thai guy
    We cannot really blame ZZR. She went to E-Mei since she was very young. She lost her father and mother. We have to blame the one who taught her or raised her to be: Mei Jue.
    I think Chow Chi Yerk was quite the manipulator before she'd even heard of Mit Jeut See Tai. She's a clever girl, this Chow Chi Yerk . . . knows exactly how to butter people up and make them think the world of her and then, BAM! She stabs you in the back.

Basically she's a good girl, she's just turn evil because of Mie Jue's ambitions (though herself didn't want to do that evil thing).
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

whoa now, it's not ALL mie jue...zhirou wanted to be empress all by herself. the thing i can't forgive is that all the evil things that ZZR did was for her OWN gain, and she still tried to cover up her tracks. i even have more respect for JLGS...i mean, the guy was always upfront that he wanted to beat up central plains fighters to prove that he was the best. he was a schemer, but at least you knew where he was comin from...

that ZZR on the other hand is a stealth bomer, dude. she comes out of nowhere and leaves you devastated...
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Definitely and innately evil (based on the 2nd version of HSDS). I agree with SIXDAYS, she did evil things all for her own gain, and what made worse that she always pretended to be good in front of everybody. Even when things had fallen apart on her behalf, she still refused to admit her wrongdoings. After her failed attempt to attack XX twice, she still had this gut to tell in front of everybody something like: “Other clans could mingle with evil clan but not Er-Mei.” Then she left Shaolin…

She also had no shame at all to reappear at the ending to make things difficult for ZWJ, despite that she had been fortunately forgiven for her misdeeds. She never appreciated people’s kindness. She always wanted more and more and more of the world – just like a hungry ghost which could never be satisfied even if it had eaten the whole world alive.

ZR was a type of person who wasn’t deserved any forgiving or kindness. She would use any kindness and gentleness anybody ever had for her as her weapon to create troubles for others. She was genuinely evil.

She PUT THE BLAME on whatever wrongdoings she had conducted on HER LATE SIFU. She never admitted that it was all her full responsibility of having conducted those evil things. No, she didn’t do that. She claimed that all evil things she had done was BECAUSE OF HER SIFU. The fact was that her sifu might order her to do things, but it’s entirely her choice and responsibility whether she followed her sifu’s orders or not (whatever it was).

Ji Xiao Fu rather sacrificed her life than to do things against her heart. Mie Jue couldn’t force her to do anything. So, in my opinion, that “because of my sifu” was only the reason ZZR made of. Whether or not her sifu told her to do things like that, eventually she would do it by herself (stealing, cheating, putting all the crime onto others, while pretending to be innocent) as long as she could gain something for her own. If she just happened to know the secret of Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre, she would still steal those for her own purpose. Nobody told her to want to be an empress. She wanted it on her own and she didn’t want it for any idealism such as “for the sake of other people or not”, but entirely and definitely for HERSELF.

To any of you who think that ZZR was not evil or was just victims of circumstance (particularly for being a favorite disciple of Mie Jue), would you like to have a friend like ZZR, or even a partner of life ?! Personally, I would run as far as I could from the chance of getting acquainted with a person like ZZR. Because, once being acquainted, I would then never know when and how she was going to betray and painfully backstab me.

ZZR was the same level as Sheng Qun and Yue Bu Qun. Even Mie Jue was still behind them because Mie Jue at least didn’t pretend to be a nice people at all. Mie Jue was clearly not nice at all. ZZR, Sheng Qun, and Yue Bu Qun wore nice masks in front of people while their hands backstabbed everybody near them. Being ambitious was tolerable, but being ambitious and also cheater and liar in personal level of relationship made ZZR intolerable.

She surpassed Mie Jue’s ambition. Mie Jue wanted to make Er-Mei top clan in wulin, ZZR wanted to make HERSELF top woman of the whole country (the empress of the new dynasty) and top fighter of wulin. Mie Jue was nothing compared to ZZR. I think, even Mie Jue was a victim of ZZR – being used as a “blame” when everything fell apart and she couldn’t cover her track anymore.

Why did Mie Jue favor ZZR – a simple boatman’s daughter who, prior to her arrival at Er-Mei, wasn’t acquainted with wulin at all ? ZZR came to Er-Mei around age of 10 or, maybe, 11 and appeared again as Mie Jue’s favorite young disciple at age of 18. Amazing, wasn’t it, that within 8 years she had even inherited one of Er-Mei’s high-level technic: Er-Mei-yang-kang ? Her inner power and fighting skill was even already beyond Ting Ming Juen, her senior. So what ZZR had done for those 8 years she studied under Mie Jue ? Mie Jue trusted her so much that she finally inherited leadership of Er-Mei, despite her young age; which would invoke jealousy from more senior Er-mei disciples.

Why did Mie Jue favor ZZR
    Mie Jue hated men, ZZR was a beautiful young girl, you know things about nuns and priests ->... you can use your imagination wildly there.

Hey, don't blame everything on Mie Jue. If ZZR were a decent person, she could have faked the oath and done whatever SHE really wanted instead of whatever MJ told her. She was just too tempted by the power of the hidden manuals in the HS & DS, and she wanted to be an empress. Check the part when she was in Beijing watching the Mongolian imperial family marching the street with ZWJ and her reaction to what ZWJ said about him never going to be emperor, and the part when she was riding alongside ZWJ in the new headquarter of the Ming army.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

innately, she's good

but conditions change a person...and it's not just mie jue alone, although she is a big factor. wuji and her kung fu sister are other factors

oaths back then were taken quite seriously....esp when u're loyal to your master. And when she didn't do all that MJ asked, she was having unnatural feelings....

everyone has dreams and ambitions...u can't call a person evil for having those.

Thumbs up

Yes, you right philip! In wuxia world it's hard to disobey your teacher order, whether it's good or bad deed.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

what's wrong with having ambition? i would like to be empress too if i were in her position. i would also like to get the kungfu manual and make Ermei the best sect in the Wulin world.

and it's not her fault the Mie Jue favors her over other students, you can't control which student your teacher like.

there are lot of evil people out there, most of them are in hsds. they all have great ambition. Zhao Min for example has ambition too, remember the time she wanted to ruin zhiruo's face.. and the time she locked up those people in the Wan An Si and gave them poison.. these don't make Zhao Min bad, it's good to have ambition, she was a MOngol and they are Han, so it's her job to defeat them. so what she had to kill some people.. and I don't believe zhao min never killed anyone in her life.

same goes to Zhou zhiruo. so waht she had to kill Zhu Er. too bad for Zhu Er. when u look back in history, which emperor or leader never kill anyone in their lives. if i were in zhiruo's situation, i'd do the same thing.

if everyone is soft hearted all the time, then the Mongols will control the Han for a much longer time, maybe forever.

green destiny.. i think Zhiruo is not evil, but that doesn't mean I want to be her best friend in life. There are alot of nice people in the world, I don't want to be friend with all of them. just b/c that person i think is nice, maybe our personalities are too different so I can't be friend with them.

I am similar to Zhiruo that I also have ambition and I would also do anything to reach my goals. that's why me and Zhiruo cannot be friends, two people with a lot of ambition,, hehe.. i don't think it can work here.

I would never make friends with people like Zhiruo.. but I respect Zhiruo.

this reminds me of Zhao Min's father, I also have great respect for him that he takes responsibility and care for his people. If i were a Han in the HsDs period, I would not be friend with ZM's father (of course). I would also try to defeat teh Mongols like other Hans back at that time.. and if i meet ZM's father, i would try to kill him of course. but that doesn't mean i hate him or think he is the evil guy because he is a Mongolian leader who is one of the enemies to the Han people. .. I really respect him about how much he cares for his Mongol people and I like him as a person...

generally, just b/c you know you can't be friend with that person, doesn't mean that person is evil. that's why i never use my feelings to judge people, that would be unfair to those people.

I think we're confusing ambition with idealism here. Ambition deals with the gratification of the *self*, with very little thought given to the effect that this gratification has upon others. Idealism, on the other hand, is based upon service to others, without much thought for one's own needs or desires.

Is there anything innately wrong with ambition? Not necessarily. Ambition has driven much of human progress. The sacrifice of moral values in the name of ambition, however, as practiced by Chow Chi Yerk and others (i.e. Yeung Hong) is not something worth admiring.

True, altruistic idealism is extremely hard to come by. It exists, however. Civilization could hardly exist unless at least a few people truly believed in and practiced it.

for me, i hated zhou zhi ruo onec she killed zhu er, but when i found out zhu er didnt die, then i sorta felt sorry for her...
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I say she wasn't really evil. She was too upset and blinded by revenge and hatred/love for Cheung Mo Kei, that she just went a lil cuckoo
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Originally posted by Sugar
    I say she wasn't really evil. She was too upset and blinded by revenge and hatred/love for Cheung Mo Kei, that she just went a lil cuckoo
    But that's exactly what evil is, isn't it? Flagrant disregard for the lives and welfare of others simply to satisfy one's own selfish desires. Chow Chi Yerk's little rampage harmed a number of people, regardless of her reasons. She doesn't get a free pass just because Cheung Mo Gei couldn't marry her that day.