Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Most Injured Hero in JY's Universe

Default The Most Injured Hero in JY's Universe

In some of JY's novels, at some point the main hero experienced getting wounded, getting poisoned, getting internal wound, etc. For some of them, the injury may be serious but still curable, like GJ's injury from OYF in LOCH, or Hu Fei in Flying Fox. But for others, like for example LHC in SOD, ZWJ in HSDS and YG in ROCH, at one time it seems that their injury was incurrable. Now, my question is: who is the most injured hero in JY's universe? So injured that most doctors and martial experts of the respective era thought there was no help for the hero?

Sorry if the thread seems stupid

no, it's a valid topic...but i think it's a bit obvious. YG definitely came out the worst in the deal...however, it's just a handicap that he could learn to deal with. he wouldn't have died from just losing an arm. LHC and ZWJ, on the other hand, had incurable conditions PERIOD. if they hadnt both stumbled upon their respective kungfus (XiXing Dafa and 9yang), then they would have died for sure.

therefore, i'm going to say that YG actually had the LEAST to worry about, even though his status is unchangeable. however, overall he is the most injured because LHC and ZWJ turned out fine, while YG still has one arm.

too bad...if he was a bird, he'd only be able to fly in circles
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Are emotional injuries included?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Huang Rong when she got injured by QQR, after all only Yi Theng could save her.
    Ling Hu Chong, he was saved by his luck. (he is one of the luckiest guy in jin yong universe )
    I don't consider ZWJ's wound was critical since he still had a lot of time to live since he got injured.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Ling Wu Chung. I think he spent about five minutes of SOD completely healthy.

Wink

Oh, I will go to LHC's master. Who can help him with his chopped penis?

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Ling Wu Chung. I think he spent about five minutes of SOD completely healthy.
    Less

He's introduced as wounded/near dying from fighting Tian Boguang, gets sick on Si Guo Ya due to pining for his xiaoshimei, gets wounded by the idiot Tao Gu Liu Xian, then stays hurt until he learns Xi Xing Da Fa, which brings it's own set of problems. It wasn't until nearly the end of the book, when he learns Yi Jing Jing, that he's actually HEALTHY; the -only- other time he was introduced as healthy was during that brief period of time when he was learning DG9J with Feng Qingyang.

The most critical injured or the most get injured?
    I think HR had the most critical injured. Gosh, she's only had couple of days to save her life!
    For the most get injured maybe ZWJ & LHC. Both seemed have a lot injury during their adventures.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Longest Injury: LHC
    Worst Injury: LHC
    Injury with irreversable effects: YG

In the end, YG loses the most, but throughout it all, LHC loses a whole lot.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

How about Xiao Feng with his arrow on the chest?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Whooaaa... when I started this thread, I did not think about emotional injury, longest injury, worst injury, most critical injury, etc. You guys are all great!

yang guo also had a very hi chance of dyingwhen he got his arm chopped off. what about when he got hit by the ice soul needle along with the poison from the rose?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

I would say LPZ. Blind, castrated and crippled! It doesn't get worse then that!!!!

And in many ways, he did have a heroic soul in him. Esp the earlier parts. e.g. When he refused to assasinate the Qing Cheng disciples in their sleep.

Esp the earlier parts. e.g. When he refused to assasinate the Qing Cheng disciples in their sleep.
    2 reasons:

1: He couldn't If one of them woke up, he'd be dead meat.

2: Killing them would send the Qing Cheng guys after him, which was something he didn't quite want then. He wanted to kill their master a lot more, not those meatbags.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by CC
    I would say LPZ. Blind, castrated and crippled! It doesn't get worse then that!!!!

And in many ways, he did have a heroic soul in him. Esp the earlier parts. e.g. When he refused to assasinate the Qing Cheng disciples in their sleep.
    YG had his hand chopped off
    Poisoned by the passion flower(which is hell for him)
    Poisoned by the Ice Needle

is that not worse?! His blood could kill poisonous animals
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Default Most injured character in JY fiction?

I've read XAJH twice now and just can't get over how often Linghu Chong is injured in that book. I thought what happened to Yang Guo in SDXL (ROCH - I hate that title) was bad enough, but LHC has him beat by a mile in the injury sweepstakes, I think. But I don't know if any character in one of the books I haven't read suffers even more. Somebody tell me if there's another character who suffers more injuries/poisonings.

Anyway, just for comparison purposes, here's a list of the things that happen to LHC. I'm sure I've forgotten some.

Wounded by Tian Boguang
    Wounded by a Qingcheng disciple
    Gets sick while in isolation
    Wounded by Cheng Buyou
    Internal injury caused by the Six Peach Valley Immortals
    Internal injury exacerbated by Monk Bujie
    Internal injury exacerbated by the fight at White Horse Temple
    Beaten up by thugs
    Shoulders dislocated by Lin Pingzhi's cousins
    Bleeds himself to heal Lao Touzi's daughter
    Injured fighting Monk Fangsheng
    Injured while fighting beside Xiang Wentian
    Absorbs more foreign internal energies after learning Xixing Dafa
    Wounded by Yue Buqun at Shaolin
    Severely wounded by Yue Lingshan
    Wounded by Yue Buqun in the wilderness
    ---------------------------
    And for Yang Guo (I once counted that he was poisoned seven times, but now I can only recall five occasions):

Poisoned by Li Mochou's needle
    Injured by Jinlun Fawang
    Poisoned by passion flowers
    Beaten by the fighters serving the Mongols
    Sucks out the poison to save the Wu brothers
    Loses an arm
    Poisoned by Li Mochou's needle again
    Poisoned by passion flowers - again
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

yes, lhc can really top them all. i'm also under the impression that zwj was injured for the majority of hsds.

i'm obviously no expert. just my impression.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    yes, lhc can really top them all. i'm also under the impression that zwj was injured for the majority of hsds.

i'm obviously no expert. just my impression.
    Yeah, he gets pretty badly injured early in the story from what little I know, but that only counts as a single injury. I'm curious if any other JY character has multiple serious injuries like LHC.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

That's because a healthy LHC would have WTFOMGPWNED most of the characters in XAJH. While that would've been neat to see, it doesn't quite work for the story JY had in mind.

ZWJ injury could be counted as a single injury in the early part of the story, but it is the longest suffered. It took years before he found 9Yang and healed himself.

Actually, ZWJ injured a lot of times too, just that he's skilled in medicine and 9Yang allowed him to get back to 100% way too fast that it probably went unnoticed.

Those that comes to mind, Miejue delivering her palm, the Yitian sword poke by Zhirou at Brightness Peak, the blow by He Biwang and Lu Zhangke at Wudang, another ambush by the Xuanming when he's competing internal with a bunch of monks, purposedly losing to Zhirou at Shoalin. There could probably be more.