Thread: Xiao Feng vs. Guo Jing

Default Xiao Feng vs. Guo Jing

no, its not what u think...

how similar are these two guys?

XF is a Khitan bred in Han territory
    GJ is a Han bred in Mongolia

XF's parents are ambushed, mother killed
    GJ's parents are ambushed, father killed

XF's martial arts based on Shaolin (Buddism)
    GJ' martial arts based on Quan Zhen (Taoism)

Both learned HL18Z

XF became Beggar Clan leader
    GJ's HR became Beggar Clan Leader

XF ordered by Khitan king to attack Sung, refuses, net result, XF dies
    GJ ordered by Genghis to attack Sung, refuses, net result, Li Ping dies

I think JY may have created the XF character with GJ in mind, changed a few of the background details and incidences to the OPPOSITE of GJ, and bang/flash Xiao Feng appears

(some of the info may be incorrect, pls feel free to correct)

what do u think?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

*dizzy*

who is this Xiao Feng guy?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Xiao Feng AKA Kieu Feng, considered by many to be the greatest JY hero/fighter - star player for the Demi Gods and Semi Devils

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Qiao Feng/Xiao Feng learnt The 28 Dragon Subdueing Palms.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

of course Xiao Feng can crush Guo Jing like an insect.

LOL. Let's see who's gonna put up a good fight this time.

Originally posted by Athena
    Qiao Feng/Xiao Feng learnt The 28 Dragon Subdueing Palms.
    has 3rd edition been released?

Originally posted by PJ
    of course Xiao Feng can crush Guo Jing like an insect.

LOL. Let's see who's gonna put up a good fight this time.
    LOL . . and so it begins...again

XF is YK with kung fu. Why do you people love him and hate YK?
    YK and XF helps the one who raised them.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Originally posted by Ardor
    XF is YK with kung fu. Why do you people love him and hate YK?
    YK and XF helps the one who raised them.
    Maybe because Kiu Fung never resorts to dirty tricks, and doesn't deliberately kill innocent people?

There's also the small matter of one of these two men doing it for wealth and power, and the other doing it to uphold what he believes is right.

stole the words right out of my mouth, ken.

the main difference that i can see, though, is the identity struggle of XF vs. GJ. i see that GJ embraced his han identity (esp. because of what his mother had done). however, XF could never reconcile the fact that he was a khitan, yet he loved the han people...that's what drove him to suicide. basically, XF couldn't make a choice...

hahah, i like to think that since XF couldn't match GJ in moral strength, JY made him look a lot stronger in martial arts.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Yeah, Xiao Feng is wishy washy and commits suicide and he's a hero. Zhang Wu Ji is wishy washy and leaves wu lin and he's a sissy boy.

basically, XF couldn't make a choice...
    I certainly don't blame Xiao Feng. If you loved your parents equally, and you are forced to KILL one of them, who would you choose to kill? Maybe you can't choose and you will resort to suicide.

i agree with Charlieboy. i never notice this.
    i think JY might of wanted to extend the character of either GJ or QF more. GJ is a dumb QF.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Originally posted by sixday
    the main difference that i can see, though, is the identity struggle of XF vs. GJ. i see that GJ embraced his han identity (esp. because of what his mother had done). however, XF could never reconcile the fact that he was a khitan, yet he loved the han people...that's what drove him to suicide. basically, XF couldn't make a choice...
    Blame on Khitan emperor for forcing XF to attack the Han people.
    XF should have runaway with his sworn brother Duan Yu to Da Li for a peace life like YG!
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

There is really anything that is worth living in XF's life anyway.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Quite an observation by Charlieboy

Raden Wijaya, um... I don't know. I just don't think that XF would want to run away. He did not strike as someone like that.

Originally posted by sixdays
    stole the words right out of my mouth, ken.

hahah, i like to think that since XF couldn't match GJ in moral strength, JY made him look a lot stronger in martial arts.
    No thats not true. XF in the end cared as much for the Liao civilians and soldiers as much as the Song citizens.

When he was escaping he made sure he killed not one single Liao soldier. And half his aim for stopping the war was that he didn't want thousands of Liao soldiers to die. XF fully embraced the fact that he was a Khitan in the end, he just could not help being forced into an un-winnable situation since he wanted to save the lives of Liao soldiers and defy the King at the same time.

Same as for Guo Jing, if Song starting attacking Liao, XF would be doing the same thing to save Liao. Except that he wouldnt have to kill himself for defying the Song Emperor.

In the end, both XF and GJ were the type to put the common citizen above all else. And JY seems to reserve the Dragon Palms for people like that.

If Ah Zhu wasn't kill by XF himself, XF might be very different. Also, XF didn't know he was a Khittan until he was a full grown man. All the time he thought he was a Han. XF got framed and scorned by almost all ppl in the Wulin..

As for GJ, he know he is Han and his mom always taught him well. And in the end, even though GJ betray Genghis, he is still forgiven in the end. Compare to YK whose mom never taught him well..in the end, he become evil...hehe.

Its their parents fault!!! hehehe.

Yeah, possibly if XYS didn't go mucking things up in the background and cause Ah Zhu to die indirectly, XF might have lived on happily ever after in the border areas.

But then Liao would have invaded Song and millions would have died.

Or if Ah Zhu was still alive even at the last scene, maybe Xiao Feng would not have killed himself. I wouldn't bet on it though. Xiao Feng did not seem to really treasure Ah Zhu until after she died. I always suspected it was 20% love and 80% guilt that had him so sad.

Now I can't remember this part (if it was in the book or I saw it on screen). The thought that Ah Zhu died to save him rather then her dad sunk in when he finally saw the power of 6MSJ in action.

Anyone else have this problem? Read the book twice over but still get mixed up thanks to watching the TV series 3 times.
    Last edited by CC; 02-26-04 at 11:49 PM.

Now I can't remember this part (if it was in the book or I saw it on screen). The thought that Ah Zhu died to save him rather then her dad sunk in when he finally saw the power of 6MSJ in action.
    In the book. That was after he knocked out YTZ and was standing by watching Duan Yu shooting at MRF.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."