Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Back In Anger 《義不容情》

Originally posted by Thai guy
    By the way, do you guys think Felx's character in this series is stupid to forgive his brother so easily? I think he is quite stupid and, due to his stupidity, his son died and his family were destroyed.
    well, of course he's quite stupid. but that's the whole point of the show though. the relationship between Kin and Hong. without his stupidity, there wouldn't be a story.

This series is so sad and also so memorable.
    without the sad story, it wouldn't have been memorable.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Originally posted by dan J
    well, of course he's quite stupid. but that's the whole point of the show though. the relationship between Kin and Hong. without his stupidity, there wouldn't be a story. ... without the sad story, it wouldn't have been memorable.
    So you think that becomes is memorable because the story was sad?

And I don't think Kin was stupid... I think if you lose your parents and your parents tell you to protect the only one that is closest to you nad this person is also doing all the bad stuff... you would hope to think he or she would change... give him a second chance etc.

I bet most outsider would tell parents these days they are stupid for giving their sons and daughter chances (when they do something bad)... but I don't believe parents are stupid for doing that. I call that love.

Kin love Hong that is why he was so hardbroken when he had to sent him to his death... and in the jail... Hong said he want to change (not sure if he meant it or not) but that was that

If Kin didn't love Hong he would have kill him on the spot.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

watching this right now. only in episode 14. so kin's family would be destroyed? whom does he get to marry? carina or kathy? i prefer carina. love her character (yeah though spoiled) i noticed some 'modern' actors there! gallen, evergreen, frankie, the ever famous cameo wang min te, and gilbert! they all look so young here! i also recognized felix' sister and brother (ah man). seen them in some series lately. so far my fave character would be canti. i hope there's nothing bad will happen to him...
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

ya Kin's sister (the real person is now located in Canada... do a lot of commerical and host).

Gallon as the suitor to Carina hehe and then she dump him on the wedding day... which is werid when you watch Secret of the Hearts and the 2 leading men are Gallon and Felix... yet again fighting for the same girl...

And kathy and felix have good chemistry too but carina and felix stole the show.
    Flame on I am gone...

im now in ep 26. i really hate deric wan here! want to slap him everytime he makes stories! i feel so sorry for canti...seems that he had a sad life this series was just too depressing! i read the spoilers and im very sad abt this... i swear i'll find some comedy films after this! i've been watching tragic films lately and im now depressed as well... i've had enough of sad endings!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Originally posted by James Ko
    And kathy and felix have good chemistry too but carina and felix stole the show.
    I thought Kathy Chow was rather bad. In fact, I plain don't like her, ever. She seems to be very limited in ways of expressing herself. She is probably "the" definitive flower vase, a perfect example of you don't have to have talent to make it in show biz.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

i don't like kathy either. but i think if you compare her with the 'flower vases' nowadays, she's actually a lot better.
    hey just noticed now. your signature is the lyrics of the themesong! love that song very much!
    cherrie

Congratulations with Cherrie who finally had a chance to watch an excellent TV series "Looking Back in Anger". This series is really impressive. I am sure that I can watch it again and again and again. All the casts surely made great contribution to the success of this forever admirable series.
    Deric Wan seems to be successful in this series in the sense that he can make you hate him. Deric is always good as a villain. His another excellent role is in "The Breaking Point".
    Regarding Kathy Chow, in contrast to you guys, I think she is quite good. Maybe, she was overshadowed by other great actors and actresses in this series such as Felix Wong, Deric Wan, Carina Lau or Maggie Siu so she seems to be pale in this series.

you can watch it over and over again? i don't think i can. sure it's a great series. but it's way tooo depressing
    cherrie

Originally posted by cherrie
    you can watch it over and over again? i don't think i can. sure it's a great series. but it's way tooo depressing
    I agree.

It used to be on TV over and over again though. I watched it at least three or four times back when I was still in high school.

will deric die in the end?
    cherrie

Why not? It's such a good TV series. It is almost impossible to find a series of this quality came out from TVB during this era.

Will Deric die or not? Sorry, I cannot tell you and I do not want to tell. Watch it yourself!

i don't like kathy either. but i think if you compare her with the 'flower vases' nowadays, she's actually a lot better.
    I dunno. I think you are giving her too much credit.

hey just noticed now. your signature is the lyrics of the themesong! love that song very much!
    yep, love that song. had this sig for a while.

oh thai guy! you're so bad!!!! as im watching the show, i have a heavy heart. i kept on bashing all the evil characters there. i can have a heart attack if i watch it over and over again
    cherrie

will deric die in the end?
    SPOILER.............

ya he die the same way his mom die... get hung.

End SPOILER.................
    Flame on I am gone...

ahh this series had a beauty of an ending because it kept us thinking.

I just love this series. The tone of the themesong already tells you what kind of a series this is going to be. I don't think TVB can ever produce a series like this. This one was the total package. You had Felix and Deric stealing the show with their outstanding performance. The perfect themesong. A very moving storyline. Everything just comes together. The first time i watched this was one tape and i was just going through it so fast cause it was so addicting
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

cursed that ah hong! i almost screamed when he dumped maggie from the train!!!! i am also annoyed with kathy chow. but then again, w/o her being so annoying, how can felix and carina get together im really amused with michael's character. i hope there would be more development on his character, not just a mere busted suitor of carina
    cherrie

I actually the way Maggie die.. it was really quick... to me feels like they did it to move the plot.

While the death of Yammie (felix and deric' mother was long)... 2 hanging... and so was their adpoted mother too. when Hong choke her to death.

i always thought Maggie who has strong will power and self determintation shouldn't have fall for deric like that.
    Flame on I am gone...

Red face

Wow! How can you say? Love can make people become blind. Maggie loves Deric so much until she forgot her own strong character. Cannot agree with almo89 more. Yeah, the themesong is really unforgettable. Unfortunately, the singer left us for around one decade now.

james: you actually what maggie's death? i actually like the way maggie died. i think deric did a great job there. really fast and clean
    cherrie