Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greatness of Dugu

of course it wouldn't be unnatural for HSDS people to mention the guo couple...

...since the only people to mention them were in the beginning of the book, like GX, Z3F, and the monk WuSe. in the world of HSDS that ZWJ lives in, the only person that would have known them personally would be Z3F...and the only reason they are mentioned is because of the heavenly sword and dragon sabre.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

yeah i remeber reading sum thin bout that can u tell me what people said bout GJ and YG? Like how they compared up 2 them and did they think of them as god like? 4 sum reason i find that stuff intresting

People don't know much about the abilities of people like Gj and YG. I think that it is likely that Yg and GJ is better than ZWJ due to battle experience and instints in battle. GJ and HR were the ones whom made the Dragon Sabre and Heaven Sword. Z3F were the only one who have seen YG and GJ before and still alive in HSDS. GJ was good enough for Z3F to doubt his ability in HSDS. I thought it's pretty impressive.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

THX SB i heard that YG was directly mentioned but not by Z3F do u know the chapter this was in or could u give me a brief description or clarify if this is even true?

I think he was mentioned at like the first or second chapter of HSDS of killing the Mongolian prince, and part where ZWJ was trying to rescue his God Father in Shaolin. The Yellow Dress girl is possibly the decendent of XLN and YG.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

yeah right? do they describe him as a hero whos invincible or just a run of the mill guy?

well, GJ and YG will always hold a very very deep place in Z3F's heart. at the point when he was a teenager, he witnessed these two's unparalleled (at the time) kungfu...and i think the awe and respect stayed with him throughout his whole life. added to the fact that he was incredibly modest because he grew up in shaolin (think XZ), he was always reluctant to say his kungfu was greater than these childhood heroes of his.

added to the fact that GX had a case of extreme hero worship regarding YG, and you'll basically hear nothing but great things about YG and GJ in HSDS.

YEAH Thats what i like 2 hear

Pretty much what sixdays said.

It's like, in professional wrestling, for someone who watched it as they grow up, then claim that they are better than Hulk Hogan or Andre the Giant, even if they are.

Hero worship is extremely hard to overcome, especially for a naturally modest man like Zhang San Feng.

Originally posted by sixdays
    well, GJ and YG will always hold a very very deep place in Z3F's heart. at the point when he was a teenager, he witnessed these two's unparalleled (at the time) kungfu...and i think the awe and respect stayed with him throughout his whole life. added to the fact that he was incredibly modest because he grew up in shaolin (think XZ), he was always reluctant to say his kungfu was greater than these childhood heroes of his.

added to the fact that GX had a case of extreme hero worship regarding YG, and you'll basically hear nothing but great things about YG and GJ in HSDS.
    I see you doubt the ability of GJ huh? I thought that it should be quite dependable considering that it was a private thought and that he had his hundred years wisdom. Anyway, having doubts of might not be up to the par of one of the Greatest hero in the Condor Trilogy isn't that hard to swallow.

Cheung 3 Fung was a humble man, but he was also a man of honesty and good judgment. While he would never brag about his own martial arts being equal to or better than that of Gwok Jing or Yeung Gor, if it were indeed true, Cheung 3 Fung would acknowledge it...at least to himself ...as a fact.

read the post again, guys...i never said anything about GJ's power in relation to Z3F. jeez, if i were as sensitive about YG as you guys were about GJ, my head would have blown up by now...

to ken:

my point is, whether Z3F's kungfu would actually surpass those two legends or not, he would never admit it to himself. true, he is humble yet truthful, yet you have to realize...the last time he met up with either YG or GJ was at least 90 years before the thought that he had of "jeez, i might be up to GJ's level". honestly, i don't know how good the guy's memory is but it could be pretty fuzzy...think back to a fond memory you had in your early childhood. do you recall the actual facts, or the feelings that it gives you? in the same way, i think Z3F remembers the awe that he felt more than he remembers the actual skill level of YG and GJ.

Someone on this forum stated that JY himself said Z3F was the strongest in condor trilogy and he could be we never see him in a real fight in his prime. What JY siad may have been influenced by the fact that Z3F was a real person and he did not want 2 disrespect a founder of martial arts

for the record this had become a GJ and YG thread as usual should be used 2 it by now

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    Someone on this forum stated that JY himself said Z3F was the strongest in condor trilogy and he could be we never see him in a real fight in his prime. What JY siad may have been influenced by the fact that Z3F was a real person and he did not want 2 disrespect a founder of martial arts
    Jin Yong stated that Zhang Sanfeng was the BEST martial artist, not the most powerful. Two seperate things.
    Yo momma cat

SO does that mean he only has an better understanding more talented?created more/better techniques? doesnt best martial artist mean the strongest fighter altogehter?

SO does that mean he only has an better understanding more talented?created more/better techniques? doesnt best martial artist mean the strongest fighter altogehter?

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    No, it doesn't, and we make that distinction fairly clearly in our discussions here. Best martial artist means best understanding of martial arts on a theoretical level, but this does not automatically translate into guaranteed success on the battlefield.

Practical example: ZWJ was a very good martial artist.

But his *** was constantly waxed because he wasn't a good fighter

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Originally posted by sixdays
    read the post again, guys...i never said anything about GJ's power in relation to Z3F. jeez, if i were as sensitive about YG as you guys were about GJ, my head would have blown up by now...
    yehh, just ask the moderator to change username to Gou_Jing_Forever or Love_GuoJing or whatever....