Thread: Censoring

Default Censoring

I would like to say that I really like the censoring of curse words on this forum. I actually count on it when I write anything to be posted. After all, in terms of sheer hard core cachet, kick-*** (one of my personal favorite vulgar phrases) just looks so much cooler as stars than as letters. Besides, it breaks up the monotony of long litany of boring words
    So thanks for that.
    And yes, I am odd.

isn't censorship also means lack of freedom?
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Some words are unaproperiate...

But it all depends on how someone's interpretation of the word or a phrase means or used... and not in all case is bad.
    Flame on I am gone...

yea i kno wat u mean
    The One

I guess there are young kids here. It wouldn't be appropiate. I also think there are ways to get around using curse words, yah?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Why would you need to use cursing in your posts in the first place at a forum like this?

Cursing and trying to come up creative ways to bypass our curse censoring will only place in you ban land one day.
    -SC

Originally posted by spcnet
    Why would you need to use cursing in your posts in the first place at a forum like this?

Cursing and trying to come up creative ways to bypass our curse censoring will only place in you ban land one day.
    Heheh....SC you must be very tired, "will place in you ban land one day" You meant "you" before "in" right?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default Right Then

Right. I apologize for the creation of this thread at all. I am just reviewing what I wrote and even I can't understand what I was trying to get at. I think it was a combination of a late night, an overfried brain, and acute enthusiasm about actually getting replies in the "Book and Sword" thread. In any case, I was wondering if we could just delete this whole debacle and never speak of it again.
    Much thanks
    -Weiyi

Default Re: Censoring

Originally posted by AnalyticChick
    kick-*** (one of my personal favorite vulgar phrases)
    Do it properly like this: kick-arse.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Default Re: Right Then

Originally posted by AnalyticChick
    Right. I apologize for the creation of this thread at all. -Weiyi
    Nay don't need to apologize... I don't think anyone was hurt from this thread beside SPC for staying up and reading all these fasinating threads and posts.
    Flame on I am gone...

That makes me wonder... I mean saying "arse" is ok... how about the "female dog" word... I mean in grade school it was like so taboo.. but it just means what it is... like another word for donkey... does that have to be censor?

I always think, if it's the "F" word & anything dealing with parts of body was unaproperiate.

Miso brings a good point... I mean you can refer a phrase or a meaning of a particular word with another phrase and word... and it means the same thing and yet... society accept this while the original word is condeemed...

So censorship doesn't really do much but just create people who will replace the previous censor words with words that will be censor till we are at a point where we say "Do" can mean "F word"
    Flame on I am gone...

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

does censor works if we use stuff like @ and dollar signs and for other words we bracket off a letter, cause in some forums ppl do that and no censors come on.

The point of censoring out curse words and some adult words on this forum is so that minors won't have to be exposed so much to it out on the web.

You can of course try to creatively replace letters in censored words so that it won't be replaced with asteriks but excessively doing so will result in a warning from us.

Finally, no one has been admonished so far for using a few curse words or adult terms here and there, so no need to worry unless you have a cursing disorder.
    -SC

Originally posted by spcnet
    Finally, no one has been admonished so far for using a few curse words or adult terms here and there, so no need to worry unless you have a cursing disorder.
    So this means we can curse

*Beep*ing ya
    Flame on I am gone...

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

score, no one admolish yet and i don't have that kind of disorder so bring some *beep* out. lol, jk.