Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Relations (Teacher & etc)

Default Relationship Questions in Wuxia World

Question #1: if you are a parent in wuxia world, whom do you wish would become your son-in-law/daughter-in-law? Why?

Question #2: if you are a single in wuxia world, whom do you wish would become your father-in-law/mother-in-law? Why?

Question #3: if you are a martial art master in wuxia world, whom do you want to take as a student? Why? (Let's assume you are even a much better martial art fighter than JY's Sweeper Monk, so taking Sweeper Monk as your student is acceptable )

Question #4: if you are a martial art student in wuxia world, whom do you want to take as your teacher/master? Why?

#4 WUYAZI!!!!!!

Default Re: Relationship Questions in Wuxia World

Originally posted by rabadi
    Question #1: if you are a parent in wuxia world, whom do you wish would become your son-in-law/daughter-in-law? Why?

Question #2: if you are a single in wuxia world, whom do you wish would become your father-in-law/mother-in-law? Why?

Question #3: if you are a martial art master in wuxia world, whom do you want to take as a student? Why? (Let's assume you are even a much better martial art fighter than JY's Sweeper Monk, so taking Sweeper Monk as your student is acceptable )

Question #4: if you are a martial art student in wuxia world, whom do you want to take as your teacher/master? Why?
    Answer:

1. I wish that Guo Jing would become my son-in-law as he is very honest guy. He will not betray my daughter. I wish that XLN will become my daughter-in-law as she is beautiful and innocent. Again, he will not betray or kill my son.

2. No idea-maybe Guo Jing and Huang Rong.

3.Huang Rong-she is very intelligent. It should not be difficult to teach her some good techniques.

4. I would like to take Zhou Bo Tong as my teacher so I can have fun while l am learning good Kongfu.

Guo Jing: He'd treat my daughter like every woman should be treated.

Yang Xiao: I don't know why exactly. He is just cool.

Linghu Chong: He's intelligent, altruistic, dedicated, and loyal. I respect his ability to suffer greatly both physically and emotionally, yet still retain his sense of self and righteousness. Xiao Feng would also be one of my top choices in this category for similar reasons.

Qi Gong! He's very knowledgeable, kind, and it's an honor for anyone to be his student.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-03-04 at 03:19 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

My own choice:

#1: Agree with Thai guy and Lady Zhuge, I'll take GJ as my son-in-law

#2: GJ and HR, but I'll definitely do not dare to have a family feud with my mother-in-law

#3: Probably XF. With a student that talented he will definitely bring fame to my school of martial arts

#4: I'll take Z3F. He'll be a nice teacher

1. Huang Rong ( my son might be an idiot )
    2. Zhang San Feng, ( if he can accept yin susu and Zhao Min, he must be something )
    3. Guo Jing ( he will still fully respect me eventhough his skill might be higher than mine.)
    4. Wu Ya Zi ( don't have to learn martial arts very hard, cos he will transfer all of his internal energy and kung fu directly to me . )
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Guo Jing as son in law coz he'll definitely will treat my daughter like nobody else will....he wont cheat on her, wont be suspicious of her(uncontrollable jealousy that is).
    Xiao Long Nu as daughter in law. She'll cherish him with undivided love, and treat him as the only one in the world (heheh, in her world t least). she wont go against me as her mother in law.....ekeke....

Miu Yan Fung from Flying Fox. He's so good and generous, also considerate and loving. Not to mention really great in martial art too.....definitely my dream father in law.
    Mother in law? well, i guess i'd choose Lee Ping. She always thinks of the bigger picture and wise and also loving.....can teach me real good stuff about life..

hhmmm, i think I'll have Huang Rong. Quick, intelligent learner. She loves her master like a father and.....
    hihihihiih, she'll always cook for me...

I'd really like to have Huang Yo Shi as my master. Dont know why, i just love his personality......
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Default Re: Re: Relationship Questions in Wuxia World

Originally posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    I'd really like to have Huang Yo Shi as my master. Dont know why, i just love his personality......
    You run the risk of having your legs broken he's in a lousy mood, however . . .

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Default Re: Re: Re: Relationship Questions in Wuxia World

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    You run the risk of having your legs broken he's in a lousy mood, however . . .
    *grins sheepishly*

after i have mastered all the techniques of Zhou Bo Tong, Hong Qi Gong, and Guo Jing that is ..kikiki....*looks back at the list* eh, are those enuff already????

or i might as well pray that im born as Huang Rong's sister.....LOL
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Default The best teacher in Condor Trilogy

Huang YaoShi might be the most intellegent and brilliant Martial Artist during the condor trilogy but he's NOT a good teacher. He's too arrogant and hot-tempered during his younger days, thus he disabled most of his students and kicked them out from the Peach Blossom Island.

Wang ChongYang is brilliant and said to be a Charismatic martial artist, ahead of the other four original Greats. he founded the QZ school and invented its martial arts, including the big dipper formation. But none of the 7 QZ Taoists are THAT great.

Ouyang Feng is unique and viscious, after all he's the main villain of LOCH. But he lacks great students, the only student he has that has potential is Yang Guo, but even Yang Guo didn't really carry on his teachings and only absorbed a tiny fraction of his Frog Stance and Reverse 9-Yin.

Yi Deng has four top students. All of them are above average fighter but still... is he the best teacher ? I think he's a great teacher but I don't think he qualifies to be called the best. In fact none of these students take his martial arts teaching to the next level.

Zhang San Feng (the fictional one in HSDS) is said to be the most complete, best fighter (not the most powerful) in JY universe. But is he the best teacher ? With all his teachings, even ZCS finally ignored his words and married YSS from the Evil section. And even ZWJ, who respected him and was his student to a certain extent, joined the Ming Cult and broke his promises to ZSF.

Xiao Long Nu has one student only and the student becomes GREAT. Her student's name is Yang Guo. But YG did not become a Great because of XLN's teaching and in fact, XLN broke the society norm by falling in love with her own student. Not a great teacher.

Guo Jing is perhaps the most powerful fighter in the Trilogy, only rivalled by Yang Guo. But he's a terrible teacher. Just look at Guo Fu, and Wu brothers. He's like an Award-Winning Engineering Professor, Super talented in his own Engineering principles and theories and applications for himself but NOT a good teacher when giving lectures and explaining them to students.

Don't even even mention the 7 Freaks, MCF, QCJ.

So, who's the BEST teacher in the Trilogy ? My vote goes to Hong Qigong.

He has the respect of the whole Wulin, and well-known throughout Jiang Hu as a good guy, who likes to help others. He taught Guo Jing and Huang Rong the two best martial arts of Beggar Clan. H7Q was able to teach GJ HL18Z with incredible speed (off course, some credits goes to Ma Yue, GJ's physical attributes and his unforeseen Martial Arts talents).

But GJ kept HL18Z as his most powerful arsenal and in fact he evelated his teacher's arts into another level. HR was also taught The Dog Beating techniques within a short period of time on the island. And she was able to utilize these techniques and used them as her best arsenal.

Both have amazing and respectful teacher-students relationship unrivalled to other teachers or students throughout the realm. Perhaps only by ZSF, but ZSF never had students like Guo Jing or Huang Rong. Not to mentioned, it took only 3 days for Hong QiGong to teach Mu NianCi some skills and she surpassed Yang TieXin with his Yang family spear arts.

I think Hong Qigong is the best teacher in the Condor Trilogy.

Thoughts ? Comments ? Anyone think differently ?
    Last edited by Temujin; 03-07-04 at 05:57 PM.

My money is on Wang Chongyang. It's true that his students, although all top-tiered, were never 'super'...then again, martial arts training is supposed to start at a young age, and it's supposed to be nearly impossible to train a fully grown man in martial arts, yet he did so, and superbly, even giving his seven disciples a way to combat a Great, when they were combined. This is called overcoming massive adversity.

Whereas Guo Jing was taught martial arts while young, was a natural genius at it, and was given Snake's blood/Quanzhen internal energy training/parts of 9YZJ. H7G, of course, would find it MUCH easier to teach a student like that; in fact, when he saw Guo Jing learning XL18Z so easily, he was shocked until he learned that Guo Jing had already had Quanzhen internal energy training, and exclaimed that "that explains everything." Showing that he would not have expected Guo Jing to learn his martial arts so well, if it were not for the internal energy...but QUANZHEN of Zhong Shentong, Wang Chongyang

I don't think Hong 7 Gong can be seen as the best teacher. GJ is actually not a person in his clan and, as I understood, Hong 7 Gong was forced by HR to teach GJ. GJ was previously trained some kongfu skills by others before. He did not start with H7G from scratch. It is not that difficult for H7G to train this guy. If H7G had to train GJ from the beginning, I wonder how GJ would be like. H7G might not be so tolerate to teach GJ. HR is good. But, look at the others in Beggar Clan, none of them are above average. How come? There are so many disciples in Beggar Clan. How can H7G train them?
    Wang ChongYang might be a good teacher if we count ZBT as one of his student. However, the 7 Taoists in his sects are not that GOOD. They are very far from the Greats.
    The rests that should be considered now are perhaps only HYS and YD. Maybe I will vote for HYS. Even his disciple is discabled, he could still beat LMC. Imagine if he is complete! This guy has not been trained by HYS for several years and he hasn't used his kongfu for several years as well. Still he can beat LMC who is above average. If this guy receive the full training from HYS, he potentially can be a very good fighter. Since HYS is so brilliant and so great, it is normal that he should expect and demand so much from his disciples. It's his disciples' duty to show the progress and improvement.

I think Hong Qigong is the best teacher in the Condor Trilogy.
    Yep...i would say he one of the better ones, considering that he could actually get GJ to learn something....now thatz a feat

HR was also taught The Dog Beating techniques within a short period of time on the island. And she was able to utilize these techniques and used them as her best arsenal.
    actually, i would rather contribute that to HR's genius ability as a student. I mean, YG was able to learn dog beating with probably even less time and proper instructions than HR. When HR taught dog beating to YG, he got it at the point, while when she tried to teach Lu You Jiao, he barely got bits and pieces of it.

Ouyang Feng is unique and viscious, after all he's the main villain of LOCH. But he lacks great students, the only student he has that has potential is Yang Guo, but even Yang Guo didn't really carry on his teachings and only absorbed a tiny fraction of his Frog Stance and Reverse 9-Yin.
    his nephew wasn't bad...but he wasn't the greatest either. still, you can't really count him teaching YG, considering his mental stability at the time.

Showing that he would not have expected Guo Jing to learn his martial arts so well, if it were not for the internal energy...but QUANZHEN of Zhong Shentong, Wang Chongyang
    but it wasn't actually WCY that taught GJ, but rather MY

I definitely think H7G is the best teacher in the trilogy. He was not really forced by WY to teach GJ, but she enticed him with food and 7G saw that GJ was an upstanding and respectful young man. I don't think you can "force" a fighter of H7G's caliber to teach anyone anything he doesn't want to.

I do think that if WYS did not have his psychotic moment and crippled his students, he'd be the best teacher. He probably selected the smartest and brightest to be his disciples. He's not someone who would take on a dumb kid and try to teach him/her some of the best techniques in the world. He only took Saw Gu out of remorse.

ok h7g is a great teacher but not the best, a trcher can be good and have shit disciples but does not mean nothin it just means the student does not have the talent, ok take it like this if yg was under any of those 5 people he would still be great, sau goo was a mantally unstable women and yet with only a couple of moves she can withstand lmc. Thats impressive. Also how are the quan chen 7 crap they r above average, just becos others did'nt teach a disciple to become a great dosen't mean they r a not as good teacher. If anyone can become a great under the right tutlegae then would there be like 50 greats. Guo jing is a special case he had mix people teaching him. all the greats to me are on par as teachers but only 1 is so fortunate to have a great disciple which u no in h7g. But having ssaid this guo jing also had quanchen internal engy cultivation take thata way it would be a different story. But i think the condor is a great teacher lol it made yg > gj l;ol. Now u all no i'm a yg fan. But dy is better.

4. Duan Yu and Sweeper for a bit of buddism and chi mastering lol

Can we consider Hing Qi Gong as the best teacher? He was bribed by Huang Yung's foods after all.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I would say Wang Chong Yang. All his apprentices started learning martial arts a bit late, but they can reach level that could be said quite high at that time. Perhaps if he lived a bit longer, they even could reach higher level.
    Followed by Huang Yao Shi. Almost all his apprentices, learned martial arts from him not too long. Even after they became crippled, they were still somewhat quite powerful.
    Last edited by ToOn99; 03-08-04 at 03:03 AM.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Originally posted by superboy
    Can we consider Hing Qi Gong as the best teacher? He was bribed by Huang Yung's foods after all.
    The food certainly didn't hurt, but North Beggar Hung 7 Gung didn't become one of the Beggar's Union's greatest chiefs by demonstrating lousy judgment (and the one time that he did, when he was younger, he cut off his own index finger as an eternal reminder of the importance of his responsibilities). The gourmet food broke the ice, but it was after Hung 7 Gung was certain that Gwok Jing and Wong Yung were good, responsible people who would use the skills of Hong Lung 18 Palms and Beat Dog Stick Technique to uphold justice and defend the innocent that he agreed to teach them.

Hung 7 Gung was a fantastic teacher. He was patient, and knew how to teach. He succeeded in teaching Gwok Jing the Hong Lung 18 Palms, and was also able to teach Wong Yung, Muk Lim Chi, and Yeung Gor martial arts. To be able to teach students with such a varied array of talents and learning styles was no mean feat.

I always felt ZSF is a great teacher, because he seem as more than a teacher to his student. Almost like a father.