Thread: Why did Lee Mok Sau teach martial arts to Luk Mo Seung?

Default Why did Lee Mok Sau teach martial arts to Luk Mo Seung?

Why did Lee Mok Sau teach martial arts skills to Luk Mo Seung? Although in a moment of nostalgia for Luk Tzin Yeun, Lee Mok Sau agreed not to kill little Luk Mo Seung and even nominally took her in as a "student", Lee Mok Sau never considered Luk Mo Seung as anything more than a personal slave and punching bag for venting her frustrations. It didn't seem to make sense that Lee Mok Sau would teach Luk Mo Seung any martial arts.

I guess the little that she taught to WuShuang was not enough for her to be a threat. But it was useful for her when running errands for LMS and getting rid of riff-raff when LMS doesnt want to dirty her own fly whisk.

That sounds reasonable but then again She had her first pupil, (what's her name) who was older and had two able legs to do all her biddings so Ken's question is raised again...why would She need a little girl who has one crippled leg to be her student?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Cool Replies

Ken: Why did Lee Mok Sau teach martial arts to Luk Mo Seung?
    --- Some reasons:
    1. LMSeung = seed/fruit/(virtual progeny) of LMSau. It's like a bad fruit out of a bad tree, except this fruit is ... exceptional? (recall LMSau taught --at least under her tutelage-- LMSeung got the 5PoisonPalm --JY shouldnt change the symbolic arts of LMSau-- but didnt learn the palm? And poison is "bad fruit"/"bad stuff")(also recall LMSeung was cruel at the beginning, but changed for the better later on; LMSeung's cruelty is manifest on her brokenLeg but later on she accepts/overcomes her leg obsessive-ness.) Part of the key lies with that brokenLeg, so someone here may have a better idea.
    2. LMSau desires a daughter-like figure (remember GXiang?), maybe to fill/complete her parenthood. Her motherhood was denied by previous-screwy-fellow (was changed in version3? ). (Also recall that LMS returned the baby to HRuang before she fell off the PassionlessCliff, maybe to represent that she finally understood/achieved her motherhood.)
    Question: LMSeung and GXiang/GSeung -- "Seung" versus "Xiang", any relationship [except the sounding]? Cuz they are both are daughter figures.
    [Sorry about the horrible writing, but it does allow me to focus my ideas: free writing and all ]
    Thx Ken for those insightful questions.

Um yeah. Maybe she imagines Lu Wushuang to be hers and her ex's daughter in a way?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

actually, JY covers this in ROCH when YG meets up with LWS. she explains that after LMC spared her life, she basically became LMC's lackey and knew no martial arts. however, she was fairly talented in learning martial arts and secretly learned a couple moves after observing LMC.

the real key, though, is LWS's silver tongue (and by that, i mean her flattery). she showed what little moves she knew to LMC's first pupil (i forget her name) and starting complimenting her like crazy, calling her "big sister" and all of this. well, time passes and LWS actually gets the first pupil to plead to LMC on her behalf to teach her martial arts. i remember the first pupil saying, "look how talented she is, i taught her some moves myself" or something like that. anyways, it's basically because of LWS's flattery that she gets the first pupil to ask LMC to teach her martial arts.

why LMC agrees, i'll never know.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.