Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: actor and actress suffering from mental distress

Default actor and actress suffering from mental distress

i just read this in the papers. it said that last chinese new year, yammie called up 999 and reported that she will commit suicide. alarmed police rushed to her place where they found her saying that she is lonely in her life and can't stand pressure from work. they pacified her and advised her to go see a doctor. she refused. later, they heard her muttering incoherent sentences. she answers the questions asked by the people wrongly. later they saw her sitting in the floor (not sure though where it is), head down, and her hands scratching her head. she did not even bother to stop the reporters from taking a photo of her. she's now taking medications and had been seeing a psychiatrist.
    this news is just so sad. i hope she would recover.
    also there's an actor named rong jin chang (he played a role in atv serials. last tym i saw him is in on the track or off as the jockey trainor). anyway, he was caught twice or thrice trying to commit suicide by burning charcoal. it is said that he failed not only in his showbiz career but in his business as well. i think he has enormous debts. luckily, people are observant enough that there's something wrong on him so they kept a close watch on him. that's why his suicide attempts were stopped.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

That sounds scary. But I don't really know who they are. I'm very bad at remembering Chinese actors/actresses' English names.

So shocked by Yammie Nam's news. I've read it at other website:
    www.hkvpradio.com

Does anybody know how she is progressing now?

She is certainly one of the prettiest actresses from the 80s.

TO Cherrie, Thank you for the news. Gosh I am so sad to hear about Yammie. She is one of my most favorite actresses of all time. I have been hearing a lot of sad news about her. I feel so bad for her. I heard that one of her recent boyfriends left her. She also had another boyfriend that committed suicide in 86 while she was filming Hier to the throne is...Her mom also passed away awhile ago. What kind of work is she doing now? I think she has stopped acting.

TO Jirehmy, Thank you for the link to the site. Where did you read the article on Yammie? I am at that site now and can't find it. Can you please give me the direct link? Thanks a lot. I sure hope that Yammie will recover. I am so shocked that yammie is so pretty but hasn't found someone to marry her yet..... I hope that she will one day soon since she is really getting past the child bearing age.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by Trinie
    TO Cherrie, Thank you for the news. Gosh I am so sad to hear about Yammie. She is one of my most favorite actresses of all time. I have been hearing a lot of sad news about her. I feel so bad for her. I heard that one of her recent boyfriends left her. She also had another boyfriend that committed suicide in 86 while she was filming Hier to the throne is...Her mom also passed away awhile ago. What kind of work is she doing now? I think she has stopped acting.

TO Jirehmy, Thank you for the link to the site. Where did you read the article on Yammie? I am at that site now and can't find it. Can you please give me the direct link? Thanks a lot. I sure hope that Yammie will recover. I am so shocked that yammie is so pretty but hasn't found someone to marry her yet..... I hope that she will one day soon since she is really getting past the child bearing age.
    Hi Trinie,

I saw it on the main page. I frequent the main page to look at updates in English, which is a rare find on the internet.

Hi Jirehmy, Thank you for your info. Let me look again to see if I can find it. Thanks again!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

last tym i read the news abt her was that she was undergoing medications in a hospital (not sure if she's in the mental ward or not). friends and relatives are visiting her regularly. they said sometimes her mood is very down. she was said to have claimed also that she wanted to see her ex-bf. they didn't say though who the guy is. im not familiar with her love life. trinie can you provide some info abt it?
    i think she's currently filming an atv series right now (rather, before her hospitalization)
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

hi Cherrie! I actually heard about this a long time ago. I feel so sad for yammie. Actually, I don't know who her ex boyfriend is. I didn't even know she recently had a boyfriend. I know that she had one back in 86. I also know that she had a sad childhood and life. Her mother passed away around the same time that her first boyfriend committed suicide in 86. I didn't know she is still acting in series. I thought she was only acting in movies. I sure hope she will find some happiness in her life because she really deserves it. By the way, when you said last new year, did you mean new years of this year or the new years of 2003?? Thanks!
    Last edited by Trinie; 02-01-04 at 02:52 AM.

omg!! but the trainer guy was so cute!! he has at least one fan..!! me!!

im talking about this year's chinese new year, year of the monkey
    cherrie

who is Yammie Nam?

But it tells you that Entertainment world is just like the rest of the world... is not as perfect as it seems... maybe even worst then business world and maybe better then prisons.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

A picture of the beautiful Yammie Nam:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jennifer-lien.com/yammie04/POSSD0AN.jpg')
    Last edited by Jirehmy; 02-02-04 at 06:03 AM.

lin jian ming (im not sure if she is her friend) said that yammie is refusing to take medications at first so her illness did not improve that fast. but they said now she's taking her medications. it's really normal coz that's always the case when they are first admitted to mental institutes. many patients in the ward refused to take medications at first (i did my practicum in a mental ward)
    cherrie

To Jirehmy, Thanks for the pix of Yammie. That was from her series "processed". She is really pretty in that series.

To cherrie, Thanks so much for the news. So does that mean that she is ok now? I sure hope so. I hope she can get her life back on track and live a happy life.

i think she's not yet well. i guess it's safer to say improving. after all, mental illness has no absolute cure. just control
    cherrie

Thanks again for the news Cherrie. I feel so sad for Yammie... I hope life can get better for her....

there's a news again abt her. she appeared for the first time in public after the news of her being sick. she participated in the activity for her atv series. she said she's getting better and continuing her medications. she just hope the reporters would give her more private space. im very happy and relieved to hear that. the atv producers are also planning to cast her in my date with a vampire 3. they said yammie had already agreed to play a part there. they said the character was somewhat complicated, and only yammie fitted that role.
    meanwhile, i read that there's another actress (?) who's depressed. her name is fung bo bo. but i don't know her. whoever she is, i hope she gets better
    cherrie

TO Cherrie, Thank you so much for the news. I am so happy and relieved to hear that. I didn't know that Yammie was still acting. I am glad that ATV is giving her a lot of chances to act many roles and series. I hope that the reporters give her more privacy too. Sometimes they make her look really bad and that really upsets me.

I know Fung Bo Bo is. I bet you have seen her before. She is a veteran actress. I recently saw her in a modern ATV series on TV. I thought she stopped acting too but she also came back. I am glad that ATV is allowing many veteran actresses to act for them. I hope she will get better too.

what are her roles in those series? and what are those series?
    cherrie

I don't remember the role for the modern series since I don't like modern series. The only role that I remember is she played the male role, Yeung man Kwang(Mok Guai Ying's son) in the yang women warriors. That's the only one I remember. But that series is really old so you may not remember. But I think if you see her pix you will notice her right away. I don't have any of her pix though.