Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's smarter? HYS or HR?

Default Who's smarter? HYS or HR?

HYS is a martial arts genius. His daughter, a master of intrigue and sabotage. In general, who's smarter?

HYS, definitely. even though HR is crafty and sly, her tactical genius is simply a copy of her father. HR herself states when she's using the 5 elements trap that she is no match for her father, and that there's no way for her to think up all these changes without him. i'm not saying that HR isn't talented --- even a talented girl like CY was in awe of HR, even though they had the same "master" in battle tactics (HYS). CY realized that she could never learn the 5elements trap with the fluidity and the genius that HR did. however, this is all still a copy of HYS's genius...so he gets the point here.

in terms of her martial arts prowess, HR is actually quite good. i think it's safe to say that it's rare for anyone to reach the level of dogbeating stick that she did. also, she seems to pick up other martial arts quite well. however, she never even comes close to her father's GREATS status.

nuff said, HYS is just smarter in both tactics AND martial arts.

but he's probably not as good of a cook.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Wong Yung... because no matter what martial arts you have... if you don't know when to use what you are still a dud.

Beside haven't LoCH prove that even with great master... intelligent can overcome anyone.

Wong Yung is a great example, so is Yung Hong (Yung Guo's dad) who don't have great martial art but has a smart mind.

Also girls are smarter then guys... the reason it doesn't look like that is because girls know that guys have huge ego... while girls don't have huge ego... people know Guo Jing was the man... but we know who was holding the pants in that family.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Sounds like SoL found his soulmate -snicker-

BTW, sixdays...on a lonely island, who do you think taught HR to cook, considering her mom is dead? That's right! I betcha that HYS taught her

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Sounds like SoL found his soulmate -snicker-

BTW, sixdays...on a lonely island, who do you think taught HR to cook, considering her mom is dead? That's right! I betcha that HYS taught her
    Somehow, I just don't see East Heretic Wong Yerk See as the type who would dirty his hands (literally) cooking.

I've always suspected that Wong Yung was simply a culinary genius who developed her superior cooking skills through trial and error.

Didn't HYS have some servants on Peach Blossom Island?

HR did learned all the mathematics and stuff from her dad HYS.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

tough question, who is smarter between the two?

I havent seen much of Huang Yao Shi, and Huang Rong probably dominate most of the fame of LOCH (with exception of Guo Jing of course, after all, LOCH is supposed to be about him)......but then again,

1. Huang Rong is a genius (this includes slickness and sabotage), and from logic-wise and biology-wise it is definitely inherited from her parents.........HYS wins

2. Huang Rong is a genius at Mathemetics and battle tactics, but she couldnt have learnt this without her father whom the only one she had in Peach Blossom island..........HYS wins

3. Huang Rong picks up martial art skills real fast, and her father is one of the Greats, the gene is most likely stuck in her cells by-product from her father.........HYS wins

4. Huang Rong is a great cook........i strongly believe it is due to her excellent trait of quick-learning and improvising, which goes back to #3, and i bet if HYS ever learns how to cook (which is most UNlikely) he would be as good as her, so............HYS wins

i guess u guys already know what my vote would be.....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-09-04 at 03:03 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Actually HR did win one thing over her father. She inherited her mom's photographic memory. HYS may have an excellent memory, but not to the level where he could memorize 9 Yin himself, and thus he needed to ask his wife to do so. HR, on the other hand, was as excellent as her mom with memorizing.

As for the culinary skill, I don't know... I'm more to the opinion that HR also inherited this trait from her mom.

Originally posted by rabadi
    As for the culinary skill, I don't know... I'm more to the opinion that HR also inherited this trait from her mom.
    Skills can only be learned, not inherited.

Originally posted by James Ko
    people know Guo Jing was the man... but we know who was holding the pants in that family.
    You're so wrong. No matter how smart or cunning HR might be, when GJ said no, it was a real NO, and HR knew she could never change that.

Read LOCH. I think you're another ignorant victim of bullshit adaptations from ToiletVB.

Originally posted by Candide
    Read LOCH. I think you're another ignorant victim of bullshit adaptations from ToiletVB.
    LOL, i love that...ToiletVB..wery well put, Candide

and yeah, i agree with ken, skills can only be learnt and not inherited.....but the ability to absorb this skill depends on how bright you are.......which in most cases will go back to gene...its like a child whose parents are mathematicians(or scientist, or chemist, etc) will most likely inherit the genius in mathematics like his/her parents......
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-09-04 at 02:05 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Originally posted by superboy
    HR did learned all the mathematics and stuff from her dad HYS.
    but she didnt learn about calculus so I pick Huang Yao Shi instead.
    Seriously, by looking at all traps set up on the whole of his island, I would say he was like Zhuge Liang in condor trilogy.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Originally posted by ToOn99
    but she didnt learn about calculus so I pick Huang Yao Shi instead.
    Seriously, by looking at all traps set up on the whole of his island, I would say he was like Zhuge Liang in condor trilogy.
    Actually in ROCH 1D sometimes called HR as Lady Zhuge.

Reallyy??!! COOL!!!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Originally posted by Candide
    You're so wrong. No matter how smart or cunning HR might be, when GJ said no, it was a real NO, and HR knew she could never change that.

yeah right, if everything was up to GJ's, Guo Fu would never have been that spoiled. She would never have gotten away with chopping YG's arm. But gee maybe i'm just another ignorant victim compared to your all mighty knowledge.
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

Actually, i remember in viet translation of LOCH [3rd edition] it was stated that Guo Jing has never disobeyed Huang Rong. He always listened to her.

Originally posted by ToOn99
    In terms of intelligence, I agree. His cherry blossom maze is especially comparable to Kongming's 8-fold maze.

The cool thing about that is that Zhuge Liang's wife's surname was none other than...Huang. She is said to have been very smart, but not very good looking.

In response to the thread question, I would give Huang Yao Shi the slight edge. However, even though children learn things from their parents and may inherit desirable genes, that doesn't mean that they cannot surpass them. Isn't there an old Chinese saying about students surpassing their teachers?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

However, even though children learn things from their parents and may inherit desirable genes, that doesn't mean that they cannot surpass them. Isn't there an old Chinese saying about students surpassing their teachers?
    Yeah. But I this case, Huang Rong did not surpass her father. Her's was more of copy-cat intelligence IMHO.

Originally posted by dgfds01
    Yeah. But I this case, Huang Rong did not surpass her father. Her's was more of copy-cat intelligence IMHO.
    I remember the old saying now. It's "qing1 chu1 yu3 lan3 sheng4 yu3 lan3".
    I agree with you about Huang Rong though, which is why I gave Huang Yao Shi the edge. It's just that I thought some of the logic utilized in this thread left something to be desired and therefore brought to mind this phrase.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")