Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to YJJ in the Condor Trilogy era?

Default What happened to YJJ in the Condor Trilogy era?

I don't know whether this has already been discussed before, but anyway, here goes: YJJ was probably most famous in DGSD era, and it continued to be famous in SOD, later on in DOMD. However, YJJ seemed to disappear in the Condor Trilogy era. Due to the Fireworker Monk incident, perhaps we can understand that Shaolin was *closing* itself during the LOCH and ROCH, but in HSDS I think it became prominent again. Yet, in HSDS we did not see the appearance of YJJ. Instead we had 9 Yang, which *may not be* as good as YJJ (this is arguable, of course). So, what actually happened to YJJ in the Condor Trilogy era? Nobody in Shaolin managed to master it?

we don't no that if yjj was never master there could be monks who master it butin the condor trilogy it was not the fcoused kung and hsds 9 yang was prominent becos jy made it that way. Shaolin during most part of the condor trilogy was dealing with internal conflcits other wise i bet there would be at least a 6th great.

*bump*

(hope to get some more responses )

Well, assuming in the first place that DY returns the YJJ to Shaolin and was not distracted too much by WYY.

The following things might happen:-
    1) Realising the potential harm that could happen if YJJ again falls into the hand of someone like YTZ or JMZ and not wishing to let Shaolin itself be the centre of conflict where ppl like XYS or MYB comes to steal its martial arts, Shaolin hides the YJJ and promptly forgets about it....

OR

2) Shaolin hides it, waiting for the right karma to come and the right prodigy to learn YJJ, but no one arrives in time during the condor trilogy and it was promptly forgotten....

OR

3) It was not forgotten, and it was not until SOD that the right person comes....

OR

4) 9 YANG = YJJ!!!!

er.....wat is yjj again?
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Originally posted by kamii
    er.....wat is yjj again?
    Yijin Jing.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Originally posted by Han Solo
    4) 9 YANG = YJJ!!!!
    Now that's an interesting theory.

5) JY wrote HSDS before SOD and DGSD.

Well, assuming in the first place that DY returns the YJJ to Shaolin and was not distracted too much by WYY.
    That doesn't really matter, does it ? From memory, DGSD says that Shaolin had plenty of perfectly translated YJJs. They only kept that original Sanskrit version hidden because it was...original. Very few monks in Shaolin could read Sanskrit. That's why the whole Shaolin didn't panick and send people out looking for YJJ after it disappeared....well maybe that wasn't a very good explanation ^_^ but I believe that was what Xuan Ci said or thought.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

9 YANG = YJJ!!!!
    Yes, quite an interesting theory indeed. However, JYY was based on Buddhism, while 9 Yang was based on Taoism, right? Or am I mistaken?

Originally posted by rabadi
    Yes, quite an interesting theory indeed. However, JYY was based on Buddhism, while 9 Yang was based on Taoism, right? Or am I mistaken?
    Yeah, I heard about that somewhere as well. YJJ = epitome of buddhist inner strength and 9 Yang = apex of taoist inner strength or so I like to believe . The XYP elders might have something to say about that though

Originally posted by CC
    5) JY wrote HSDS before SOD and DGSD.
    Come on, let's not be a realist, indulge in our fantasies.

Originally posted by Candide
    That doesn't really matter, does it ? From memory, DGSD says that Shaolin had plenty of perfectly translated YJJs. They only kept that original Sanskrit version hidden because it was...original. Very few monks in Shaolin could read Sanskrit. That's why the whole Shaolin didn't panick and send people out looking for YJJ after it disappeared....well maybe that wasn't a very good explanation ^_^ but I believe that was what Xuan Ci said or thought.
    That doesn't really make sense.

In a way, Sanskrit is the language of communication for buddhism, much as Latin is for Roman Catholic. In fact, many educated persons throughout East and South-East Asia; especially those that are religious are able to converse in this language.

Therefore, it seems such an oddity that the monks in the Shaolin temple could not read or converse in Sanskrit.

Originally posted by rabadi
    It was meant to be sarcastic. Hence,

Anyway, 9 Yang was theorised by Z3F to be taoist in origin but it is his conjecture though.

That doesn't really make sense.

In a way, Sanskrit is the language of communication for buddhism, much as Latin is for Roman Catholic. In fact, many educated persons throughout East and South-East Asia; especially those that are religious are able to converse in this language.

Therefore, it seems such an oddity that the monks in the Shaolin temple could not read or converse in Sanskrit.
    I disagree. Education wasn't that great back then. Most people were struggling to learn their own language, let alone another one. Heck even now some people are still hopeless. Just go ask some of your Anglo buddies

Also, remember why HS wrote the best part of 9 Yin in Sanskrit ? If Sanskrit were such a popular language like you suggest, HS would be pretty silly doing that.

Additionally, monks in wuxia novels were stupid.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Anyway, 9 Yang was theorised by Z3F to be taoist in origin but it is his conjecture though.
    My understanding of the events: Z3F took his memory of 9 Yang into a cave and came out an enlightened taoist. It seems like he took taoist teachings and found similarities in 9 Yang. Taiji kungfu was supposed to be a trademark taoist fighting style and it was more or less derived from 9 Yang.

It's a very reasonable conjecture, however. "Yin" and "Yang", after all, are Taoist and not Buddhist concepts. Moreover, Cheung 3 Fung was one of the foremost Taoists of his time, so if he deems a text to be Taoist in origin, his word can certainly be trusted.

this reminds me since wyy and dy knows so many kung fu would'nt u expect dali to be the most prominent kungfu place considering wanyuyan have access to all sects mauals before the hs and dugu era and also plus dy's 6 mai senjian, lbwb and bmsg , also not to mention dali temple's yi yang zhi and the yjj they should be invincible and yet in condor trilogy dali was only famous for yi yan zhi. i mean common thats more than enough kungfu to munch shaolin up. In a way i am very disappointed with wyy she should be the kungfu goddess lol.

They probably would pass on only kungfu of Dali origin. Styles that were not created by Dali shouldn't be claimed by Dali. Even Beggar's Clan doesn't really claim credit for most of the kungfu its members use.

passing on kungfu's of other origin does not mean they claim it eg, yellow lady of hsds descendent of yg and xln who passed on they knowledge of 9 yin but she did'nt claim mothin, claiming and lerning is 2 diofferent aspects.