Thread: Yeung Siu, his "History of the Ming Cult", and 9 Yum Jen Ging

Default Yeung Siu, his "History of the Ming Cult", and 9 Yum Jen Ging

One of the subplots concerning Yeung Siu in HEAVEN SWORD & DRAGON SABRE is that he was in the process of writing or had written a history of the Ming Cult from its origins to Yeung Siu's own time. Undoubtedly, while compiling this history book, Yeung Siu learned about the incident between the Ming Cult and Wong Seung that occurred during the waning years of the Northern Sung Dynasty, over 200 years before Yeung Siu's own time.

When it was discovered late in HSDS that Ngor Mei Sect Leader Chow Chi Yerk was using the martial art 9 Yum White Bone Claws, the 9 Yum Jen Ging had already been missing from the martial world for a century since the death of Gwok Jing and Wong Yung at Seung Yeung Fortress. It was likely a surprise for everyone that this legendary martial arts manual still existed, but I would have been very interested in Yeung Siu's reaction to this revelation: he would have likely been very intrigued by the re-emergence of this martial art that Wong Seung had used to decimate the Ming Cult centuries earlier.

wats more intriguingis the yellow lady connection as well.

i think we all took for granted that yellow dress girl is YG's descendant, because YG learned 9yin from GJ. however, i don't think that's possible, because when would YG have learned it from GJ?

at the end of ROCH, YG goes into total seclusion with XLN and never comes back...we know he never comes back because if he ever stepped foot in the central plains, GX would have found him --- much less if YG went and actually visited her parents. also, i can't believe that if YG was aware of wulin matters, he wouldn't have come out of seclusion to save GJ and HR from succumbing to the mongolians. it just doesn't make sense that YG would know that his foster parents were about to be killed, yet he didn't do anything about it. it must have been that he was in a seriously secluded place with XLN...

maybe he founded america?

on a more serious note though, i really believe that YG and XLN really did not ever learn 9yin from GJ...at least, not that i could see. i think it's much more likely that YG would have learned it from ZBT, who could have bumped into YG and XLN on his endless travels for fun. if this is true, then the yellow dress girl in HSDS has a chance to be the child/descendant of YG and XLN. otherwise, it's doubtful...

as much as i want to believe it...
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

They must have met up at least once for YG to have given his sword to the Guo couple. Unless they had DHL overnight back then.

Originally posted by sixdays
    i think we all took for granted that yellow dress girl is YG's descendant, because YG learned 9yin from GJ. however, i don't think that's possible, because when would YG have learned it from GJ?

YG never learned 9 Yin from GJ or ZBT. He didn't even learn all of it, just a part of it that was written on the celiling in the ancient tomb.

yeah thot they learnt part of it at the Tomb??

funny sia DHL....