View Poll Results: Who is more popular in SPCNET?

Voters
338. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vicki Zhao

172 50.89%
  • Ruby Lin

166 49.11%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Vicki Zhao vs Ruby Lin

Originally posted by Sugar
    hmm. looks like this thread actually got votes....

well i like Ruby, personally. I find Ruby to appeal to me more... and Vicki, i can't seem to see anything beyond those bigs eyes of hers... actually, i don't think she is aas pretty as people claim to say

and how Ruby usuallu picks those soft girly roles is pretty good of her. I think she does have a soft girly face that helps her act these roles out better. She knows what she is doing, not trying to act too hard on roles she would neverbe convincing in.

I agree with you Sugar....maybe is because i haven't watch so much serie that vicki have play in than ruby...

While I agree Vicki's not stunningly pretty, I like her looks more than Ruby's. They seem more casual while Ruby's look a bit forced.

Of course, this is just my opinion, so don't get offended!

I don't know...I don't really like the roles Ruby selects (I have no tolerance for those "soft girls"), so that could be why I'm more partial towards Vicki.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

Vicki is more versatile, she really stretches her acting skills; while Ruby usually acts in sweet demure roles, or at least more girly roles. + When ruby acts in other types of roles, her acting is actually pretty bad. Ie. Little dagger with chi lam.

Vicki's looks are more unique, while Ruby, though pretty, looks more common. There are quite some girls in Asia who have the jolin tsia, ruby lin type of looks..

She doesn't always act sweet roles....you're probably only thinking of the Qiong Yao roles she was in. Roles like eighteen springs, boy and girl, as Princess Jian Ning are not exactly *sweet* roles.... Ruby have a very unique look to her. She has a natural look of cute and nice. I can never imagine her ever as being 'evil'
    Huang Yi Forever

My Fanfics:
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/H_Z_G_G_3[Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Lovefate [Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Desires [Processing]

Vicki on the other hand is very cute when you first saw her but after a while, it's just cute and not her acting skills. she seems to act in roles that's always stubborn, out going kind. I really want her to act in roles like Ruby's for a change.
    Huang Yi Forever

My Fanfics:
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/H_Z_G_G_3[Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Lovefate [Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Desires [Processing]

lol yea then ruby should switch roles with vicki. haha j/k i think her face is just fun for the more fun roles. vicki i mean. as for ruby, i havent seen her in non girly roles yet. haha

her role in Warriors of Heaven and Earth is exactly that! demure and feminine
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

they are both good actresses in my opinion.. but it think Vicki is better than Ruby, Vicki can act diff. roles perfectly. Ruby is best at being the nice feminine girl, but Ruby is very good at crying.; on singing,, i find Vicki's voice more tolerable than Ruby. Ruby's voice is way too soft.

i think Vicki look different in diff. pics. she definitly has an unique face that you can';t find in other chinese girls. Ruby's face is too common, i have a friend that look a little like Ruby when she smiles. i think Ruby is prettier overall but Vicki is unique.

I think they're both kinda amateur...need way more experience to actually get good
    but I dunno, Vicki just annoys me a lot w/ her strong girl type roles...she just comes out acting kinda too strong-willed or maybe it's the characters? *shrugs* and when she acts "soft", it just appears too weak..*cough* Shaolin Soccer

as for Ruby, hmm...I guess she's ok for teenage type movies, and her acting really isn't there, but at least she's more tolerable to watch

Originally posted by 999roses
    I think they're both kinda amateur...need way more experience to actually get good
    but I dunno, Vicki just annoys me a lot w/ her strong girl type roles...she just comes out acting kinda too strong-willed or maybe it's the characters? *shrugs* and when she acts "soft", it just appears too weak..*cough* Shaolin Soccer

as for Ruby, hmm...I guess she's ok for teenage type movies, and her acting really isn't there, but at least she's more tolerable to watch
    I beg to differ. I mean Ruby is always playing those perfect, nice, sweet, understanding, all forgiving role, and damsel in distress, where does her acting grow with that? Seriously...this is constructive critisism. How does her acting grow if she doesn't take different roles?

some people just try different roles, and somehow they don't succeed.. I mean i can't imagine ruby doing a rambo macho role or and evil wicked role..... her face just can 't put out harsh roles

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.breakin-out.net/rubylin/photos/movies/chinastrikeforce/09.jpg')

and Vicki, sometimes her face looks mean..

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.whitecygnus.com/images0/vickizhao01.jpg')
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    I beg to differ. I mean Ruby is always playing those perfect, nice, sweet, understanding, all forgiving role, and damsel in distress, where does her acting grow with that? Seriously...this is constructive critisism. How does her acting grow if she doesn't take different roles?
    hey that's totally not true guess you've only watched HZGG and QSSYMM

let me list her diffrent roles

Ruby played in HZGG innocent weak role Zi Wei

Duke Of Mount Deer 2000 as the playful naughty Kienh Ning princess

Ruby played an assasin lady kung fu fighter/killer in Flying Knife

and in 18 Springs as Man Zen with a very strong personality

so everybody who hasn't watch Ruby's latest series don't keep repeating Ruby plays the same weak roles cuz that's NOT true ....
    currently watching:
    - The Magic Touch Of Fate: Ruby Lin, Alec Su&Kang Ta
    - Mars: Vic Zhou & Barbie Xu
    - Amor de Tarapacá: Ruby Lin, Han Jae Suk & Shi Yinan

Arrow

Ruby===>Beautiful and Pretty look

Vicky===>Beautiful and Hot Looking

I likes Vicky Beauty over Ruby Vicky she has a unique look is not just bcoz of her big eyes

As some1 mention it above, Ruby beauty are so common to chinese actress's, but Vicky look so diff each of her pix i 101% agree ===>I love VICKY
    Song_Song

constructive *rolls eyes*
    first of all, there is nothing constructive bout beauty
    as for acting....I think it's mostly based on personal opinion....some ppl like Ruby, others like Vicki etc etc.
    It's really what type of acting appeals to you the most....not really as to who's better...this is entertainment, so obviously we watch whatever appeals to us the most
    So what if someone "constructively" tells me that Vicki is better? I don't care...I'll still flip away the channel when I see her..just becuze she freaking annoys me...and there's nothing ppl can do to change my mind. besides, was the topic not "who is more popular" and not "let's pretend we're Oscar-level critics when we all know we aren't and have a solemn analyzation of the acting abilities of these two young actresses?"

http://ent.sina.com.cn/2004-01-15/1430279179.html

Acts the leading roleS in four movies to connect disastrous Zhao Wei became the box office toxicant (group chart)

http://ent.sina.com.cn on January 15, 2004 14:30 Jin Yangwang - Yangcheng Evening News

Last year, a Zhao Weiperson put out four movies works - -"My Dream Girl","Warrior on the Earth","Green Tea","the Jade Goddess of Mercy". The report card turns in which from Zhao Wei looked that, each movie box office is not all ideal, Zhao Wei wants to get rid of "the small swallow" the image, actually becomes the movie circle the box office toxicant.

1. "My Dream Girl"

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/2004-0...511_oVaOnX.jpg

Box office result: 6.5 million Yuan

Main actors: Zhao Wei, Zheng Yijian
    Reason analysis: Although Asian synchronization screened does smiles the movie "My Dream Girl" to make the foot monentum in front of screening, received the media special attention, Zhao Wei hundred ±äÔì extremely has also let the audience in the piece anticipate. But "My Dream Girl" box office actually not entirely as desired. Zhao Wei has not certainly broken through "the small swallow" in the piece "crazy image", ÄÓ the person itches does smiles cannot provoke laughter the movie audience.
    Zhao Wei fights in one place after another from the soap opera screen to the silver screen, but also needs in the performing skill disciplining. Zhao Wei looked the movie, all thought own modelling are very disgusting, the preview ceremony ended after to celebrate the merit feast she therefore refuses to participate.

2. "Warrior on The Earth"

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/2004-0...511_pVaOnX.jpg

Box office result: 41 million Yuan

Main actors: Zhao Wei,Jiang Wen
    Reason analysis: "World Hero" has obtained 41 million Yuan box offices, did not think this numeral is very high, this box office income if 10 million US dollars investments compare a little differ so much as to be beyond comparison. "Worrior on the Earth" is lower than "Handset" in the domestically produced piece box office, this compares favorably with"Hero"the big manufacture movie box office also only is "Hero" odd change.
    "World Hero" in the story, the lone smoke on the desert, the highwayman bailiff, the buried treasure dust storm, the beautiful heroine are outstanding, has everything expected to find. Also has a Jiang Wen such performing skill to send the jorum to support, Zhao Wei acts the young supporting role is called in the play the dispensable character.

3."Green Tea"

Box office result: 4 million Yuan

Main actors: Zhao Wei, Jiang Wen
    Reason analysis: "Green Tea" center, Zhao Wei acted "the daytime to let the person think kissed, the evening lets the person think corona" the metropolis girl, Jiang Wen used each technique to approach with her. Two person of appointments scenes filled the small capital affective tone, the music have also made in addition the kind only to be beautiful.
    Zhao Wei molds the graduate student too surfaces, thought wears the eyeglasses to put on the coverall is the intellectual. In the life, which female graduate student can like her such to dress up likes an in all seriousness old maid. Zhao Wei's reforming is defeated once again.

J4. "Jade Goddess of Mercy"

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/2004-0...512_qVaOnX.jpg

Box office result: The Guangdong box office is insufficient 200,000, estimated the nation also only has 5 million Yuan

Main actors: Zhao Wei, Xie Tingfeng
    Reason analysis: "The Jade Goddess of Mercy" last day screened in last year, but Zhao Wei acted "is relieved" has received audience's question. "Jade Goddess of Mercy" the anticipated box office is 30 million Yuan, but at present and anticipated is far from, the theater frequently appears a shade hall only to have 23 audiences' situations.

(Meng is winsome)

http://www.dighkmovies.com/v4/203/203a.html

"Warriors of Heaven and Earth"

There is some wirework but Stephen Tung Wai and Leung Mau-hung's action choreography is, alas, more of the Western style, with tight framing and attention deficit editing creating a confusing mass of clashing swords and tumbling bodies. Those hoping to see Vicky Zhao in another action-oriented role after SO CLOSE will be disappointed to learn that she is just a flower vase, serving as narrator and proxy for the viewer.

hey...at least she's good enough to have articles analyzing and criticizing her acting in every movie, I mean, she must be somewhat good for people to take the times to actually write something like that! If the actress is crap, and everyone knows she's crap, what's the point of writing articles that criticize? There is absolutely NO POINT!
    ...don't see articles like these written for any other "mediocre actress" (a hem...a certain Miss Lin)...only the ones with influence, importance, and ones that attract people's admiration will get these articles detailing and criticizing their every move...so ha ha!!! Bring 'em on!!!
    *not in a nice mood today...so tough cookies if what I said was insulting!*
    smile!^_^
    ...and if you felt happy for that small second, wasn't it worth it!

The thing is, this is all subjective. I admire Ivy for her unwavering support for Ruby and her unwavering dislike of Vicki, but it really is her opinion. For every segment you posted from sina, I can post at least just as many that laud Vicki's performances, from sina AND other sources. Just check in Vicki's Winglin Forum, or ask biogirl, who is our translater. And I can find just as many articles against Ruby and for her as well. It really depends on your comprehensive search. Ivy posted some negative ones, but Green Tea, Jade Goddess, and Warriors of Heaven and Earth have all been critically acclaimed, gotten good reviews and many awards at international film festivals. They are also leading in many official polls and box theaters. Perhaps everyone is avoiding the fact that moving from tv to movies is generally hard to do, and Vicki has done very well thus far, getting leading roles with good cast and crew, which will boost her opportunities which is what the ent. circle is about anyways. Ruby chooses to remain in series and that's totally okay. She's stable and has a solid foundation in that.
    The thing is, I don't like this thread because it's so volatile. There's topics all the way ranging from looks to "ability", when all we can ever say is our own OPINION! We are not professional reviewers or analysts, so we cannot say one has better talent than the other. Nobody has that right really. Even professionals input some of their opinions into their pieces. It's unavoidable. And beauty is even more subjective. So it's pretty pointless to be here and try to convince others to our own beliefs when clearly, it is a lost cause. They're both good. I like Vicki better, but that doesn't mean I hate Ruby. In the end, their presence will not stop me from not buying a movie or series, so what's the point of getting all steamed up for nothing?

haha..these threads are kinda funny when you look closely @ them...so I'm just going to take my laugh for the day

Must agree with you there 999roses. They are quite funny to read. Esp. when people get worked up; their reactions are funny. ^_^ I love how these posts always inflame ppl when really, we're debating about two actresses, who are both successful, who will both stay so regardless of what goes on here, who don't know or care about any of us individually, so what's all the fuss? I do it for fun, but some people...it seems like we were insulting their mother or something.