View Poll Results: Who is more popular in SPCNET?

Voters
338. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vicki Zhao

172 50.89%
  • Ruby Lin

166 49.11%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Vicki Zhao vs Ruby Lin

phew for a moment i thought this would turn into a heated debate. i dont like it when ppl do that either. i mean someone would just say something and a hard core fan could just get inflamed over the matter. haha. its scary sometimes. makes you just want to say :jeesh its only an opinion." haha. yea but its all cool. i mean we only wanted to see who ppl like in here more. so its all good

Yeah, it was getting steamy in here for a sec, and I was going, "Drats, don't make me break it up."

Well, I'm a fan of Vicki. I'm not saying everything she does is wonderful, because frankly, I don't like some of her movies, but she's still one of my favorite actresses. Then there's the fact that I'm fairly anti-Ruby. True, I'll watch some of her stuff, but it's usually because of some other reason than her; she just happens to be a minor disappointment I have to deal with.

So with that in mind, I lean more towards Vicki. Of course, Ivy had good arguments against Vicki, but then again, those movies that were listed as horrible (which I read about a while back) were also rated highly by others. Like everything else, there's a good and bad. I really don't think I've never seen anything in the entertainment industry be unanimously wonderful, if that sentence made any sense at all.

With Vicki, I have to say that she does play a lot of different roles. I'm not saying Ruby doesn't, but most of the time I see her, it's the usual demure role, the kind where the girl's the weak one, the one who always cries and is quite incapable of doing anything else. And with my personality, that just annoys the bejeezes out of me. Therefore, I prefer Vicki's kick-butt roles more.

I don't know...I guess a lot of it stems from the fact that when I watch Ruby act, I feel like it requires a lot of effort for her whereas Vicki feels a bit more natural; although that may be because some of her more outgoing roles kind of reflected her personality.

And that argument over looks...I always thought Ruby was pretty, but she had what I deemed the classic beauty. Lots of people look like that; in fact, if you looked at Alyssa Chia from a certain angle, she could pass off as Ruby's twin. While Vicki's not exactly what you call drop dead gorgeous, she seems a bit more unique in that compartment. In fact, in one set of photos, she looked European.

Oh well...in the end, it really just comes down to "to each his own."

Well...my thoughts; don't know if anyone really cares.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

drats! it didn't get any steamier...
    hehe...just joking!! Actually, I donno, but I like arguments about my favourite actresses once in a while...it's fun!! And it's not like it makes me really mad or nothing...I mean, I can see it's just people's opinions, and who gives a rats what people think..haha, but it's so fun to fight over the internet, typing heated insulting words with a grin as huge as a cheshire cat on my face!!! A hahaha! *evil evil laughter*

Actually, I used to have an idea where there could ba a forum where people can just post the most unlogical, unconstructive insults they can think of, and watch fans try and argue back...an argument forum for people who think it's kinda fun likes meself (hey...people that don't like it don't have to go)...never got around to making one though...oh welps...
    smile!^_^
    ...and if you felt happy for that small second, wasn't it worth it!

Originally posted by yogurtpo3
    drats! it didn't get any steamier...
    hehe...just joking!! Actually, I donno, but I like arguments about my favourite actresses once in a while...it's fun!! And it's not like it makes me really mad or nothing...I mean, I can see it's just people's opinions, and who gives a rats what people think..haha, but it's so fun to fight over the internet, typing heated insulting words with a grin as huge as a cheshire cat on my face!!! A hahaha! *evil evil laughter*

Actually, I used to have an idea where there could ba a forum where people can just post the most unlogical, unconstructive insults they can think of, and watch fans try and argue back...an argument forum for people who think it's kinda fun likes meself (hey...people that don't like it don't have to go)...never got around to making one though...oh welps...
    that sounds like a great idea, but the only result I see outta that in the long-run is spamming..yea but I see where u're coming from..the whole "we must/shall make this constructive" is getting really annoying...what's wrong w/ just stating what we think? it's not like scientific data or something sheesh

Oh believe me, I love heated debates too, but some people just can't stand the fact that their idols aren't perfect, so they gripe and get all catty when someone even says one non-positive word about their idol. It's really stupid...>.<

I personally like Ruby a li more than Vicki, but that is just my opinion

anyways, i kind of find it funny for people here to protect theire ideas using everything they god
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

yea i agree with you guys too. sometimes its really fun just to see who has more logic and can backup their statements more. hahaha. o yea, crazylilAngel, i agree with you. theres so many times when i watch alyssa and realize how similar they look, they could play a sister role. lol but between vicki and ruby i do like vicki more. haha and between alyssa and ruby, i still like alyssa more. hehe

Originally posted by kittyknguyen
    yea i agree with you guys too. sometimes its really fun just to see who has more logic and can backup their statements more. hahaha. o yea, crazylilAngel, i agree with you. theres so many times when i watch alyssa and realize how similar they look, they could play a sister role. lol but between vicki and ruby i do like vicki more. haha and between alyssa and ruby, i still like alyssa more. hehe
    Yeah, I can't find the link anymore, but I once went to an Alyssa site, and the picture in the top banner was a side view, and I swear, my first thought was "Did they confuse Ruby and Alyssa?!"

They looked so alike in the picture. Weird thing is, from the front, they're not really that similar.

i think alyssa is prettier than ruby. i find ruby's face too bumpy.

I like Alyssa; she's pretty cool.

As for Ruby, she ranks pretty low in my list of celebrities...so I'm usually hardpressed to find someone I know of that I don't like more than her.

Ruby is the actress that I hate the most too.... I think Alyssa is not just prettier but she is a better actress as well. We are all entitled to our opinion anyway....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Alyssa is only kinda good @ playing those playful rebellious type of girls...so dun see the difference b/w that and Ruby playing soft roles or something *shrugs*
    I think they're both prettier than Vicki who is aging a bit too quickly. Vicki pretty much looks like shez 33 or something when she hasn't even hit 30 yet...too much stress? lol

hiye. lol. really you think so 999roses? hmm interesting. lol but what i see is that vicki gets prettier everyday. well in my opinion. she does look like she grown, but i dont really find her that old. haha. i think she fits. haha. as for alyssa, i think she acts really well. both and several roles. i've seen her do some different ones, and they are pretty well done. once again, i do think that ruby is a great actress of the roles she takes, but they do seriously only seem to be the "soft roles" so far. then again, those are the only ones i've seen her in. hehe yup but that's cool. i really like vicki, she's one of my fave, along with several others.

i think vicki is a very talented actress.. .. she does look older these years. i think it's the stress and pressure.. if you look at the pics,, yea there is big difference, not that she looked more mature, but also older..

ruby is good at crying scenes and act the innocent and friendly girl. other than that. her acting is not impressive.

are we comparing them to alyssa chia now? hahah.. alyssa (my opinion) is better actres than both of them.

Originally posted by Lilgirl
    She doesn't always act sweet roles....you're probably only thinking of the Qiong Yao roles she was in. Roles like eighteen springs, boy and girl, as Princess Jian Ning are not exactly *sweet* roles.... Ruby have a very unique look to her. She has a natural look of cute and nice. I can never imagine her ever as being 'evil'
    Haha.. lilgirl.. I do watch other ruby serials.. like Ban sheng yuan, and I also watched the fei dao you jian fei dao.. I don't dislike ruby.. I just find that her acting when she's not acting the weepy roles.. is quite not up to par.. I mean it has been so many years.. when i watch the little dagger show, I was almost cringing, when she tried to look as though she was going to kill someone.. I don't dislike ruby, or else I won't even be watching her shows.. and about the unique look part.. look above, they say that ruby and alyssa look alike.. you can hardly find someone in the industry that looks like vicki because she has such a unique look.

Anyway, though I think vicki is better.. I thought that her commitment to film movies only in the past was really stupid. In movies you can't get good character development, and most of the time you need a good exciting plot for it to work. I'm sorry to say that most of the movies acted by vicki was not very good. I'm not saying that her acting is not good, but gawd, some of the movies are trashy, some are boring, or her role is minimal.. urgh.. more so the plot than anything.. I mean, how many people think that zhang zi yi can act very well, her appearances in the various movies are not that plentiful. HOwever, with serials, you can really develop your character, which is what vicki can do very well.

Alright, I said something bad about both here..

I have seen Alyssa act in all types of roles and she does really well. I am not just saying that because I like her. There are other artists that I really like too, but they aren't that good in certain roles. I have seen Ruby act in other roles besides those sad and weepy ones and boy, it did not impress me....I think Vicki has more potential to play a variety of roles than Ruby. I do agree that most of the movies that Vicki is in aren't good at all. I guess I am just not a movie person since I like series a lot more....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by 999roses

I think they're both prettier than Vicki who is aging a bit too quickly. Vicki pretty much looks like shez 33 or something when she hasn't even hit 30 yet...too much stress? lol
    *laughs* I've never really thought that. Interesting...I'll have to look into that now. Although I do have to admit she is so very different from her HZGG days now. Hrm...I've just never thought of her as old.

As for Alyssa, I've only seen her once or twice, so I really can't comment on her versatility, but just based on what I've seen, I liked her acting.

Lol....Vicki is looking more mature, but really, what do you expect? People to look younger as they grow up? Anyways, the image she wants to present is that of a mature, capable one, and she can't do that while looking like a teeny bopper all the time or trying acting much younger than she really is. At one time or another, an actress has got to realize that she can't be prancing around looking cute and acting like she's still in her teens. *shrugs* Vicki's cute, young look suited her in the HZGG and post-HZGG years when she was in her late teens and early twenties, and I liked that. Now, she's developing a more mature, sophisticated, and subtle taste and I like that even more. If I wanted young looking stars, I'd look to Twins or any of the younger generation of emerging entertainers.

Originally posted by Tei
    Lol....Vicki is looking more mature, but really, what do you expect? People to look younger as they grow up? Anyways, the image she wants to present is that of a mature, capable one, and she can't do that while looking like a teeny bopper all the time or trying acting much younger than she really is. At one time or another, an actress has got to realize that she can't be prancing around looking cute and acting like she's still in her teens. *shrugs* Vicki's cute, young look suited her in the HZGG and post-HZGG years when she was in her late teens and early twenties, and I liked that. Now, she's developing a more mature, sophisticated, and subtle taste and I like that even more. If I wanted young looking stars, I'd look to Twins or any of the younger generation of emerging entertainers.
    I'm not really talking about her STYLE, but rather her AGING....there is a difference b/w a mature style and a fresher/younger style and how a person looks physically....sure she doesn't have wrinkles or what-not..but I'm saying, even if she actually WANTED to look younger, I don't think she could pull it off anymore since her features have just really changed and she has aged, having nothing to do w/ her style of clothes, make-up watever...ruby and Alyssa on the other hand both look younger than their ages or at least their make-up is still capable of accomplishing that

but yea, you can always disagree obviously, each to their own *shrugs* and u can't compare apples to oranges...Twins are both really young in early 20s, which is y they look young...but Vicki/Ruby/Alyssa (correct me if I'm wrong) r around the same age, bout late 20s? or within 2/3 years apart..so it makes sense to compare them

Hmmm...I reckon Vicki can change her looks to what she dresses like...I mean, I saw her pics at the Green Tea premier last year, and she looked sooo cute and young...a month later, I saw her pics at the Warriors of Heaven and Earth premier, and she looked much more mature! Her face is very easily changeable, any haircute, hairstyle, make-up, colour she wears can all change her looks in a blink!
    Lately she's been into the lacks though...which is a mature colour...but her look does vary a lot with all the ics I've seen...(and believe me! I've seen A LOT!!!)

As for the others, I have not much idea since I don't look at pics of them that often, but I remember seeing some Ruby pics a few months ago, and I reckoned she was ageing too! She just doesn't style herself in the mature way...
    smile!^_^
    ...and if you felt happy for that small second, wasn't it worth it!