View Poll Results: Who is more popular in SPCNET?

Voters
338. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vicki Zhao

172 50.89%
  • Ruby Lin

166 49.11%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Vicki Zhao vs Ruby Lin

yea the statements yogurtpo3 said is what i would like to say as well. however, we are indeed all entitled to our own opinion.=)

I don't think that vicki is aging quickly, but how she dresses herself plays a big part.. I look at her pictures, and I see a mature young woman. She's always dressed elegantly, or modestly for the recent pictures I have seen. I don't think she has aged alot, just that the way she holds herself is different, and also her hair style; together with her make up plays a great deal. Furthermore, with Vicki's bone structure, it will be hard to say that she did not grow old (grow older, not aging prematurely).

Ruby on the other hand, I will say that she dresses down her age more; though of course, I may not be sure of her recent activities, but you do come across her pictures looking at entertainment news sites sometimes. I feel that, she still dress like a teenager alot, and it's very cute, however, that doesn't mean that she did not age.

Originally posted by Ivy
    Acts the leading roleS in four movies to connect disastrous ZhaoWei became the box office toxicant (group chart)
    3."Green Tea"

Box office result: 4 million Yuan

Main actors: Zhao Wei, Jiang Wen
    Reason analysis: "Green Tea" center, Zhao Wei acted "the daytime to let the person think kissed, the evening lets the person think corona" the metropolis girl, Jiang Wen used each technique to approach with her. Two person of appointments scenes filled the small capital affective tone, the music have also made in addition the kind only to be beautiful.
    Zhao Wei molds the graduate student too surfaces, thought wears the eyeglasses to put on the coverall is the intellectual. In the life, which female graduate student can like her such to dress up likes an in all seriousness old maid. Zhao Wei's reforming is defeated once again. [/B]
    I agree! Out of these movies I only watched Green Tea and Jade Godness, I don't like any of them. And I have NO idea why Vicki would choose a role like in green tea. She usually choose better...I nearly fell asleep in that movie...how worse can it get? No plot not nothing....

Huang Yi Forever

My Fanfics:
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/H_Z_G_G_3[Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Lovefate [Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Desires [Processing]

Originally posted by CrazyLilAngel
    And that argument over looks...I always thought Ruby was pretty, but she had what I deemed the classic beauty. Lots of people look like that; in fact, if you looked at Alyssa Chia from a certain angle, she could pass off as Ruby's twin. While Vicki's not exactly what you call drop dead gorgeous, she seems a bit more unique in that compartment. In fact, in one set of photos, she looked European.
    I really don't know how many people think Ruby and Alyssa look alike...I think they seriously have nothing alike about each other...except for the eyes. Jolin on the other hand looks a bit more like Ruby but she is not Ruby and from a few angles they look nothing alike.
    Huang Yi Forever

My Fanfics:
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/H_Z_G_G_3[Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Lovefate [Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Desires [Processing]

Originally posted by 999roses

but yea, you can always disagree obviously, each to their own *shrugs* and u can't compare apples to oranges...Twins are both really young in early 20s, which is y they look young...but Vicki/Ruby/Alyssa (correct me if I'm wrong) r around the same age, bout late 20s? or within 2/3 years apart..so it makes sense to compare them
    Um...if I'm not mistaken, I believe Vicki and Ruby are both 28 and Alyssa is 32 or something. Early 30s for her and late 20s for Ruby and Vicki.

As for the questioning about Alyssa and Ruby, if you look at them from the front, they don't really look alike. I can't find the picture anymore, but I once saw a pic of Alyssa from the side, and she had shoulder-length hair that was styled almost like what Ruby's hair once looked like, and in that shot, she looked so much like Ruby.

As for Green Tea, I've never seen it, and you're right, it looks kind of boring. I started Jade Goddess, but I never had the chance to finish it. Um...I saw a bit of the end...I don't know, she just looked really tired. Maybe it's because she's more mature than Xiao Yan Zi now, but she was just really quiet and seemed really...well, tired for a lack of a better word. *shrugs*
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

Vicki! Vicki!

Originally posted by Lilgirl
    I agree! Out of these movies I only watched Green Tea and Jade Godness, I don't like any of them. And I have NO idea why Vicki would choose a role like in green tea. She usually choose better...I nearly fell asleep in that movie...how worse can it get? No plot not nothing....

I liked Green Tea!!! It nearly made me cry!! And it's not because I was a Vicki fan!!
    I was just so impressed how a movie that seemed like it had no plot could be so mezmerising, make me think so much, make me want to see what happens next just for the sake of finding out...and be so touching just through dialogue and words! The scenes were so serene and beautiful, and where one end you had the calm scenery, the other end you had the contrasting words of violence and misery told in the story of "Vicki's friend."
    She did such a wonderful job too...to the point where you're convinced she's talking about herself and hiding it, yet at the same time, there's Lang Lang...maybe she's talking about Lang Lang...or maybe she is Lang Lang...
    *sigh* It was just a beautiful movie...
    smile!^_^
    ...and if you felt happy for that small second, wasn't it worth it!

TO CrazylilAngel, Actually Alyssa is not 32. She was born on Oct.7, 1974 so she is not even 30 yet. She is currently 29. Ruby and Vicki are both born in 76 but their birthday has passed, so they are 28. I think Alyssa looks younger than both of them though. I don't know why people say Alyssa looks like Ruby. Alyssa has fuller face while Ruby's face is dented in(I know people are going to say it's her dimples, but it is more than just her dimples). Ruby has a face that ages really fast. I am not saying that because I don't like her, it's the truth.For example, I like Vivian Chow too but her face ages really fast as well since it is a bony structured face....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

yea. i also find ruby's face too bumpy.. i don't know if it's teh nose or when she smiles, it's the teeth,, but something sticks out too much.

to other vicki's decision of filming movie is "bad" but consider-
    she grdaute from beijing film academy-her first passion is movie not tv series. True, movie doesn't allow character's development, but for an actress-it's a challenge-you have no character development, but you have to portrait it as soon as the camera start rolling-and that is one of the main different b/w movie an tv series.

-vicki's recent movie-like green tea, and jade goddess all consider artistic movies; and these type of movie are not popular among youth/young audiences.

-Vicki filmed Green Tea, and Jade Goddess-simply because it give her challenge, and she like the scripts. She didn't need to go out of her way, to film movie to please the audiences/critic-but rather to please her craving for challenge and artistic value. Vicki made a statement "If I like a script, i will film it; doesn't matter if people like it or not".

----------------
    as for vicki look "old"-to me, she look her age, not the teenage wannabe-
    =======
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

Originally posted by Trinie
    TO CrazylilAngel, Actually Alyssa is not 32. She was born on Oct.7, 1974 so she is not even 30 yet. She is currently 29. Ruby and Vicki are both born in 76 but their birthday has passed, so they are 28. I think Alyssa looks younger than both of them though. I don't know why people say Alyssa looks like Ruby. Alyssa has fuller face while Ruby's face is dented in(I know people are going to say it's her dimples, but it is more than just her dimples). Ruby has a face that ages really fast. I am not saying that because I don't like her, it's the truth.For example, I like Vivian Chow too but her face ages really fast as well since it is a bony structured face....

Oh oops! My bad! >.< Sorry about that...but interesting...I could've sworn I once read an article that said she was 32. Must've read/written it wrong or something...sorry.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

o wow. cool. so wat was green tea and warriors of heaven and earth about? who did vicki star with in there?

Green Tea was an artistic movie about love, it just placed two characters in there (both played by Vicki), one a virgin and pure and conservative, whilst the other a prostitute, wild, and easy to access (by guys)...anyways, Jiang Wen is the male lead, and he is mexmerized by Lang Lang (the prostitute), but he also feels love for Wu Fang, and the story is the mystery surrounding these two characters, the love between the three...very artistic! ^^
    Warriors of Heaven and Earth is more and epical movie, about two Generals fighting for their lives in the desert, and also about friendship, companionship, warriors etc. It's also very cool! ^^ And the scenery is immaculate!

hehe...Vicki is there with Jiang Wen in both movies...and also Nakai Nachii or something like that in Warriors (can never remember his name...chinese is Zhong Jin Gui Yi)
    smile!^_^
    ...and if you felt happy for that small second, wasn't it worth it!

I dislike them both. But I picked Ruby cos I hate Vicki more. Yay.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

vicki is better shes pretty and can act as for ruby pretty but cant act...... so GO VICKI
    [color=blue]LOUIS[/color]

The Hottest guy LOUIS KOO

[color=blue]me[/color] [color=blue]louis[/color]

[color=blue]other fav[/color]
    • VICKI ZHAO
    • ALEC SU
    • STEPHEN FUNG
    • BERNICE LIU
    • CHAE RIM

i think vicki's eyes r too big
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Originally posted by LuNaR
    i think vicki's eyes r too big
    So some people like her eyes.

Too Bad you don't. We don't care.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

vicki's eyes are too big, so are ruby's, but ruby's eyes are more to the normal size, they both look good if they don't open their eyes too wide. at first in hzgg, i thought vicki is so pretty and unique then after a while, i got sick of her looks. ruby is prettier now i think, prettier than when she's in hzgg.

Originally posted by Ding Ding Dong Dong
    vicki's eyes are too big, so are ruby's, but ruby's eyes are more to the normal size, they both look good if they don't open their eyes too wide. at first in hzgg, i thought vicki is so pretty and unique then after a while, i got sick of her looks. ruby is prettier now i think, prettier than when she's in hzgg.
    excatly wat i think
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Ruby is much prettier and talented than Vicky.