View Poll Results: Who was the superior fighter?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwok Jing/Guo Jing

138 58.47%
  • Yeung Gor/Yang Guo

90 38.14%
  • Not Sure

8 3.39%
Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2244

Thread: The *Official* Gwok Jing vs. Yeung Gor Debate

Default my favorite holding pattern

the thing is that YG is the most powerful great in the condor triology with the most abundant and fierce inner power among the greats

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    the thing is that YG is the most powerful great in the condor triology with the most abundant and fierce inner power among the greats
    I sometimes wonder if I should take you seriously anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I sometimes wonder if I should take you seriously anymore.
    im seriously about YG being better than the other greats because he have the X-factor in his sad palms

im seriously about YG being better than the other greats because he have the X-factor in his sad palms
    Yeah, and I have this bridge in Brooklyn that I'm selling for $16.00...

Yeah, and I have this bridge in Brooklyn that I'm selling for $16.00...
    is it really that hard for you to believe that YG might the the most powerful among the greats

im sure you would have accepted it if someone said that GJ was

is it really that hard for you to believe that YG might the the most powerful among the greats
    Yes...because there's not sufficient proof that it's true.

im sure you would have accepted it if someone said that GJ was
    I would *like* it better, but I also can't accept it at face value because it isn't proven either.

Yes...because there's not sufficient proof that it's true.

I would *like* it better, but I also can't accept it at face value because it isn't proven either.

the fact that YG was able to defeat a high end great level fighter GWM should prove that he might be better than the rest. I doubt even GJ himself could have defeated GWM...

the fact that YG was able to defeat a high end great level fighter GWM should prove that he might be better than the rest. I doubt even GJ himself could have defeated GWM...
    But you haven't proven it. That long Gwok Jing vs. Yeung Gor thread that has gone on for years hasn't proven it.

Can't believe Yeung Gor loses to Guo Jing in poll.

Why don't you guys consider their ages? Yang Guo at 36 is obviously stronger than Guo Jing when he was that age. Gosh, Yang Guo is around equal to Guo Jing at the end of ROCH where Guo Jing is 20+ years older!

So Yang Guo at age 56 (or around that) will be stronger than Guo Jing at age 56. Anyone see my point?

No we don't see that because we're also considering WHY YG had such incredible internal energy for his age.

Simply put, it was a quick-boost method that can't be sustained for 20 further years (snake bladders).

Second, 20 years down the road doesn't matter when comparing the "now". 20 years later also gives GJ 20 years (assuming neither YG or GJ died) to cultivate further using his superior method (Full 9 Yin).

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    No we don't see that because we're also considering WHY YG had such incredible internal energy for his age.

Simply put, it was a quick-boost method that can't be sustained for 20 further years (snake bladders).

Second, 20 years down the road doesn't matter when comparing the "now". 20 years later also gives GJ 20 years (assuming neither YG or GJ died) to cultivate further using his superior method (Full 9 Yin).
    snake bladder was helpful for the moment, but it was not his primary source of energy...in fact, i would barely consider it significant after the 16 year gap in ROCH. anytime JY discussed YG's internal energy, he refered to YG's training in the ocean with no mention of snake bladders...

No before eating snake bladders Yang Guo's internal energy is already strong for his age cause didn't Huang Yaoshi said Yang Guo's internal energy is as strong as his when he was 30

Yang Guo probably also knows the full 9 Yin cause Lady Yang knows the full 9 Yin and Yang Guo can also eat snake bladders and train at the ice bed to increase his internal energy

Look, YG went from WEAKER THAN LMC in internal energy to ALMOST AS STRONG AS QQR.

Despite all the hullabaloo about YG's "strong internal energy" before that, he was weaker than most of the Mongolian Warriors, nowhere near the QZ Masters, lower than LMC, totally inferior to HouDou, etc. in terms of internal energy. Moreoever, in a straight fight he couldn't beat any of them.

Every single one of those people mentioned would be utterly and easily squashed like a bug by a Great. Which YG likewise would've been.

But after the snake bladders (which YG himself credits as he says, "For some strange reason, after eating them, my internal energy kept growing and growing."), YG was powerful enough to subdue QQR. This was no coincidence.

YG was certainly as powerful as a Great at the end of the story. He might arguably even have an edge. But let's not forget the source of his massive internal energy boost. His martial arts should eventually get him strong internal energy, but he definitely took a shortcut.

As for the snake bladder, sorry I doubt it. He had 16 years more to eat snake bladders but didn't. We don't know the reason, but he stopped. Perhaps he ate them all. They're supposed to be RARE after all. The Ice Bed is also more talk than substance. If it really were that great, XLN should've had near-Great level internal energy at the beginning of the story.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 02-29-08 at 01:58 AM.

Look, YG went from WEAKER THAN LMC in internal energy to ALMOST AS STRONG AS QQR.

But after the snake bladders (which YG himself credits as he says, "For some strange reason, after eating them, my internal energy kept growing and growing."), YG was powerful enough to subdue QQR. This was no coincidence.
    but don't forget a powerful weapon & improved overall martial arts. it doesn't mean his internal energy was as powerful as QQR

Even after the gall bladder episode, his energy was supposed to be less than Li Mochou's (which begs the question of just how powerful LMC is). However, the heavy sword is such an effective conduit for inner energy that YG could hold his own against QQR. However, this in turn asks how, in a straightforward battle of internal with the heavy sword nullified, YG managed to hold on for so long against JLFW and only yielded any ground deliberately.

before learning HIS YGs internal was already on par or perhaps even better than LMC. After the snake gall bladders and his ocean training his internal was elevated to great like levels.

before learning HIS YGs internal was already on par or perhaps even better than LMC. After the snake gall bladders and his ocean training his internal was elevated to great like levels.
    From chapter 29.

As it turned out, Li Mochou and Yang Guo’s combined strength was helping
    Xiao Longnu clear her pressure point. Li Mochou’s strategic moves were
    quite inferior to the Yang-Long couple but speaking of cultivated
    energy, hers was far deeper than theirs.
    Suddenly receiving such strong
    energy, Xiao Longnu felt the energy push vigorously through her “Middle
    Altar” point and that heat filled up her abdomen. Her spirits lifted and
    she called out, “Wonderful, many thanks to Shi Zi [Apprentice Elder
    Sister]!” She let go of Yang Guo’s right foot and leapt down from the
    Chilled Jade Bed.

In energy terms, Yang Guo was below Li Mochou, even after eating those gall bladders and learning HIS.

Now that's an interesting development. If true it puts the HIS on nearly the same level of WTF as Dugu 9

This might be one of those moments where Jin Yong had a mindfart when he referred to Lee Mok Sau's inner power being that strong because we know, from her combat record, that her inner power wasn't that extraordinarily strong. She made her name on her poisonous weapons and her cruelty, not her inner power. Not only was her inner power not a patch on any Great's (remember how she fled in terror from Ga Hing Village when she heard Gwok Jing and Wong Yung calling out to their condors), it probably wasn't even a match for Yau Chui Gei's or that of the better Mongol mercenaries (i.e. Lui Mor Singh, Siu Seung Tze, and Wan Hak Sai).

Yeung Gor's inner power post-snake organs, however, was evidently in the neighborhood of the Greats. No other way he could have sustained that inner power struggle with the Golden Wheel Monk, or that skirmish with Kau Cheen Yan.