Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Religious Threads Be Allowed?

I don't think censorship is needed. Everyone just needs to remember that freedom of religion is a precious thing, and no one should force anything down anybody else's throat when it comes to religion.

I'm not religious, but I'm fine with anyone believing in God or Allah or whatever. Likewise, those people should respect my choice, and do not try to force me to believe God or whatever higher being exists. This way, everyone will be better off.

Originally posted by realdeal
    I don't think censorship is needed. Everyone just needs to remember that freedom of religion is a precious thing, and no one should force anything down anybody else's throat when it comes to religion.

I'm not religious, but I'm fine with anyone believing in God or Allah or whatever. Likewise, those people should respect my choice, and do not try to force me to believe God or whatever higher being exists. This way, everyone will be better off.
    I haven't seen anyone force any religion down any one's throat yet but theres already posts of people mocking peoples' religion and insinuating conflicts just for the fun of it.

I say debate whatever but give your utmost respect to other peoples religion, if you don't believe in it, you don't have to 'rock the boat' and go out of your way to prove the religion is wrong and blah it seems they want to make atheists out of everyone instead.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Why should religion be banned? Hehehe... it is a non-adult topic. If ppl could just debate like adults and not make any personal attacks or offensive and vulgar remarks, which, by the way, is not hard to do....... I think we can talk about almost anything.

Am I right?????
    The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos

Originally posted by babybunny
    Why should religion be banned? Hehehe... it is a non-adult topic. If ppl could just debate like adults and not make any personal attacks or offensive and vulgar remarks, which, by the way, is not hard to do....... I think we can talk about almost anything.

Am I right?????
    <-- Don't worry, be happy (like that happy kid)

Arguing and getting your butt hurt on the internet is retarded. Take that energy, and go get laid.

Oh and Buddy Christ lurrrves yall.
    Last edited by Mike Liu; 03-20-04 at 04:44 AM.

I also don't think religious topics should be banned. Religion is controversial and can be sensitive, however the same can be said about many topics. If you find opinions differing from your own offensive, perhaps you shouldn't read them. As others have pointed out though, you should respect others though.

"1) It was my friend(s) who asked me to post this.

2) She/he/they felt it's best to remain anonymous due to fear of censorship."

Big SC is watching you!
    Ignorance is streg....

O_o

Wow, I had no idea people thought the censorship around here is that harsh. The administrator and the moderators welcome your PMs with your concerns. Feel free to PM us if you don't agree with something or have any suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The gentlemen first practices what he preaches and then preaches what he practices." - Confucius

Wow, I had no idea people thought the censorship around here is that harsh.
    Too blinded by the ME SYNDROME???

MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Originally posted by mich
    Too blinded by the ME SYNDROME???

More like the "Not Here" Syndrome, also known as "Absentee" Syndrome.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

hmm this threads sounds more like an open debate then technical issues.... or is that just me?
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

James, I think this thread was posted originally in the debate forum and moved here, as the closed thread is still at the debate forum.

I don't see any problems with religious debates. Certain people just need to grow some face skin and not be offended at every little thing. Secondly, as someone mentioned, religion is tied into many controversial subjects like gay marriages, and abortions because religion is often used as a justification for opposing those freedoms. There should be separation of State and Church, but clearly even today, that is not the case.

This conservative movement scares me. First, ban gay marriages, ban abortions, then what?

Originally posted by flyingfox2002
    This conservative movement scares me. First, ban gay marriages, ban abortions, then what?
    This phrase sounds reminds me of some conservatives as well: "First they'll allow abortion, then they'll allow gay marriages, then what?"

I don't think there's much of a conservative move, I have serious doubts about whether or not that idiotic bill about the Marriage Amendment would even get pass the sub-committee stage, nevermind an actual Senate/House floor vote. Some people have their beliefs, whatever they may be, but I don't think there is any way that they can impose this on the American people (and when they do, I'll move to California. )

Sorry for going completely OT.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

The bill for increased fines on "indecent" materials broadcasted on public airwaves is step 3.

Howard Stern switched his stance from pro-Bush to anti-Bush, a few days later, Clearchannel, one of Bush's big backers, yanked HS off the air. HS has been the same HS, doing the same material, for decades, the timing of his firing by Clearchannel is certainly suspicious.

Allowing abortion and gay marriages is only a bad thing if you think you know how to run people's lives better than themselves- apparently many of the Conservatives feel this way.

Originally posted by Moinllieon
    Some people have their beliefs, whatever they may be, but I don't think there is any way that they can impose this on the American people (and when they do, I'll move to California. )
    Getting married ? Who's the lucky guy ? Congrats
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Candide
    Getting married ? Who's the lucky guy ? Congrats
    You. It's high time you come out of the closet Candide. I mean, as if naming yourself Candide isn't enough.
    Last edited by Moinllieon; 03-23-04 at 07:06 AM.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Originally posted by Mike Liu
    <-- Don't worry, be happy (like that happy kid)

Arguing and getting your butt hurt on the internet is retarded. Take that energy, and go get laid.

Oh and Buddy Christ lurrrves yall.

Oh is that your kid mike?
    The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos

Originally posted by James Ko
    isn't religious topic deals with human belief on how to live our lives... and by that doesn't that also talk about how we deal with others... which lead back to relationship.

maybe is me I think everything lead to relationship when you have communication
    aye, it's part of a tangled web indeed.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

Originally posted by Moinllieon
    You. It's high time you come out of the closet Candide. I mean, as if naming yourself Candide isn't enough.
    Nah I'm still having fun in the straight camp atm. And btw do you know that Candide travelled from Europe to South America and back to find the chick that he dug ?

Anyway, I think you should make this your homepage: http://www.gaymatchmaker.com.au

oh, and have fun in California !

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Candide, you got to make up your mind... one min you are accusing people of being homophobic when they speak out because they are uncomfortable with it and the next min you are making fun at people using homosexual reference as if being a homosexual is bad or something.
    Flame on I am gone...

Nah, public censorship is not necessary. Just censor yourself from intimidating posts/people/forums when you need to.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Originally posted by James Ko
    Candide, you got to make up your mind... one min you are accusing people of being homophobic when they speak out because they are uncomfortable with it and the next min you are making fun at people using homosexual reference as if being a homosexual is bad or something.
    You gotta use your brain every now and then to understand when someone's joking and when he's not.

Besides, where in this thread did I imply that being a homosexual is bad ? Or did you just pull that from your arse ?

Originally posted by Candide
    Anyway, I think you should make this your homepage: http://www.gaymatchmaker.com.au

oh, and have fun in California !

O okee by poking fun of Moin with gay matchermaker.com... you are thinking good about him... hmm ya right.

Also it is only funny if more then one person is laughing... when you are the only one that is laughting... hate to break it to you... it is not funny.

and what is with you telling people and their idea comes from their arse?

You don't bring anything good or funny to the table but just insult. You should be banned for being an arse.
    Flame on I am gone...