Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Religious Threads Be Allowed?

Exclamation Should Religious Threads Be Allowed?

Is it possible that religious threads would be banned like relationship threads?

First, like relationship threads, religous threads are also about one's relationship, either with a group of people, or with another being (albeit an invisible being)

Second, religious threads, like relationship threads, are always emotional and personal and always lead to fight and bickering.

Third, religious threads, like relationship threads, always end up with people getting offended or hurt because of other people's opinions and comments.

Thus, in order to preserve the harmony of this forum and to prevent people from sharing their personal affiliation and getting hurt by other people's comment (per the admin's expressed rationale for shutting down the relationship forum), should religious threads be banned like relationship threads?

Btw, I'm remaining anonymous because of a couple of reasons:

1) It was my friend(s) who asked me to post this.

2) She/he/they felt it's best to remain anonymous due to fear of censorship.

While I don't have a problem with what you are asking, I find it weird that you (and your friend/friends) are afraid of censorship when you are basically asking for a special type of censorship. What's to be afraid of? Unless.....
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Hmmmm, wonder woman does make some good points ........... perhaps religious threads need to be sacked like the relationship forum.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

I like religion threads. plus we need contraversy in debate forum, otherwise, it'd be pretty boring around here.

one thing about banning religion related threads is, what do you do with debates that might possibly bring up religion, like abortion, cloning, gay marriage etc. as far as I can see, only a few people actually steps over the line nowadays anyway. I'm sure a friendly warning would do.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Btw, I'm remaining anonymous because of a couple of reasons:

Wondering....Wondering.....

MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Holy shit, some people are scared of censorship on a bloody Internet forum !

I hope I'm reading this right. It's only 5:30 am here, I need more coffee.

So what do they expect from an Internet forum ? An online daycare centre ?

No, this forum doesn't need more censorship. What it needs is to drag the sensitiveness slider of some members further to the left and hit Apply.

What you're asking for, as Moin has pointed out, is to censor other people because you're afraid of censorship yourself... That makes a lot of sense.

Btw why did you need to create a new login to ask this question anyway ?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I think religious posts from people who consider themselves to have a "relationship" with god should be banned. For everyone else who talks about god as just another thing/person, let the discussions continue.

"My girl is willing to die for me" <- last time I checked this wasn't allowed.

"Jesus, our savior, was willing to die for us" <- last time I checked this WAS allowed.

Oh btw, I forgot to add this:

Religious threads will not be banned here since I too, think that if we will ban all topics that are deemed 'too sensitive' then might as well not have an Open Debate forum. They are different from Love Relationship threads since those can lead to adults asking other minors out and discussing inappropriate adult topics.

My suggestion is that if you feel that you would be offended by different opinions expressed at the Open Debate forum then don't read or post at the OD forum since many of the issues raised can be offensive to a person's beliefs. I think it nurtures the mind to read different beliefs, even if you think they are irrational, stupid, or whatever--just knowing there is a different opinion out there is healthy for the mind.

Also, please don't sign up multiple accounts since I can easily do IP checks. It is also a general rule that I delete all multiple accounts when they exceed a limit. I don't understand why members would think I would ban them if they voiced their opinion. I didn't know I was that scary....
    -SC

Originally posted by spcnet
    I don't understand why members would think I would ban them if they voiced their opinion. I didn't know I was that scary....
    Yeah right. Have a look in the mirr...err I mean that avatar. It terrorises me !

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Candide
    Yeah right. Have a look in the mirr...err I mean that avatar. It terrorises me !
    Candide has been banned for voicing his opinion about the good looks of the administrator.
    -SC

Spcnet I want to ask you out...

Originally posted by Mike Liu
    Spcnet I want to ask you out...
    They are different from Love Relationship threads since those can lead to adults asking other minors out and discussing inappropriate adult topics.

I think mike liu should be banned!
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

Candide has been banned for voicing his opinion about the good looks of the administrator.
    Something clicks in the depth of my memory and an image comes to mind....

Yeah, he was asking for that one?
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Originally posted by mich

Wondering....Wondering.....

I have a exactly same wondering.... wondering..... wondering..... PERHAPS????????????????????????????????????????? The return of my deer friend Guliiet!

To make it up to OT, oh well, I rather say, let's have a thick face and ignore all the religion related thread! Hey, why are you wasting your time and energy on something that you get irritated, hurt and whatever...

And yes.. Mike Liu and Levendis both should be banned in no time.
    Last edited by Yon; 03-18-04 at 08:46 PM.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

I don't understand why members would think I would ban them if they voiced their opinion. I didn't know I was that scary....
    nobody likes to **** with a wizard, especially not one wearing a cool pointy hat like that.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Originally posted by Yon
    And yes.. Mike Liu and Levendis both should be banned in no time.
    *throws Yon in the granny torture chamber*

I see no reason why they can't be allowed. After all, it's really stimulating, and while I'm of no single religion, I find the customs to be extremely intriguing. As long as nobody pointedly insults a specific religion or those of a certain faith, I see no reason why they need to be banned. Then again, I've been told I'm too open-minded for my own good....

However, that is a legitimate concern.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

isn't religious topic deals with human belief on how to live our lives... and by that doesn't that also talk about how we deal with others... which lead back to relationship.

maybe is me I think everything lead to relationship when you have communication
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ