Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation of Little Li's Flying Dagger(cont...)

Cool

questions from first part of the book?

how did the plum bandit case turn out? Did ah fei make Lin xin-er return scriptures to Shaolin?

it was odd how things died down where there was general feeling that Li was the bandit himself.

Also, what's up with tie guy (the driver)?

and Li didn't try to pursue the bandit for Shaolin???
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Goofy .. I think your answers are mentioned in the book although not directly.

Ah Fei answered your first question in chapter 39

Ah Fei said, "Before we left, she gave back all the stolen goods to their rightful owners."
    I'm assuming she also returned the scriptures to Shaolin.

LXH was brought to Shaolin temple to be judged (originally by BXS). And he was cleared by the abbot. I guess everybody just accepted the abbot's word that LXh was not the Plum Flower bandit. Moreover, since all the stolen stuff were returned, it's somewhat logical that things died down.

I think LXH didn't pursue Lin XianEr bec. he wanted to give face to Ah Fei. He knew Ah Fei's feeling for her, so he let Ah Fei dealt with her.

Li Xun Huan said, “But now you need to take care of some business, so go ahead and do that.”
    I hope Meh can check my answers and correct me when I'm wrong....

Cool

I don't think Ah Fei would ever kill Lin xiner and I can't imagine she died from Li's dagger. (she was not worth it.)

I hope she died horribly in shangguan jinhong or jin wuming's hands.

Tie ChuanJia, LXH's servant, left him for "unknown" reasons. His story will be wrapped up later in the book. Optimus is pretty much right on the other stuffs. Hard to add any more without giving away future chapters.

The whole Ah Fei/Lin XianEr/Li XunHuan relationship becomes a lot clearer later.

Originally posted by Meh
    The whole Ah Fei/Lin XianEr/Li XunHuan relationship becomes a lot clearer later.
    What relationship? I despise that girl!

LXH seems very nice to people that he feel owed and attached. But on the other hand has no compassion toward others. Like BXS I don't think he deserved to be killed that simple (without fighting) even though he's wrong. And on the other hand, just because Blue Scorpion showing her love to Yu Ki, and she was saved? Is that what his character is?

I think I fall in love to Li Xun Huan too how to get rid Lin Shen Ying from his heart? **ponder** I supposed I have to get to the line... hiks.. no chance..

Meh, I finished chapter 48, next one please...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Hahaha.. I despise Lin Xian Er also. Although.. she did one good thing, she softened up Jin Wu Ming.

Eeyore, I don't think you want to hook up with LXH. If one of his friends find you attractive, he might gives you to him... hehhehe .

Waiting for the next update Meh.... soon I hope...

Chapter 49: Each Person's Own Plan
    As she spoke, tears came down Lin XianEr’s eyes. She said faintly, “You know, I gave away those money from before, just like you asked. You don’t believe me?”

Ah Fei sighed deeply, and said, “It’s not that I don’t believe you. It’s just that… I should be taking care of you. I can’t let you work.”

Lin XianEr said in tears, “But we are already so in love. There’s no ‘yours’ and ‘mine’ in our relationship. Even my heart is yours. Don’t you know?”

Ah Fei closed his eyes, and held her hands tightly in his. If he can only hold onto these hands forever, Ah Fei would never ask for anything else.

Ah Fei finally went to sleep.

Lin XianEr removed her hands from his grasp.

She then walked back to her room. Then from her chest, took out a small jar.

She poured herself a cup of tea. Then she took out some powder from the jar, and swallowed it. She never forgets to eat this powder everyday.

Because this powder was made from crushed pearls. A woman supposedly could keep her beauty by eating them.

Holding the jar in her hand, Lin XianEr chuckled.

If Ah Fei knew how much this jar of powder is worth, he’d get a good scare.

She found that men are so easily fooled, especially by the woman they love. That’s why she always found men pitiful, and amusing.

She has never seen a man who can’t be tricked.

Perhaps only one… Li XunHuan.

When she thought of Li XunHuan, Lin XianEr’s mood sank.

Today should be the fifth day of the tenth month.

Is Li XunHuan dead yet? Why is there no news?

Suddenly, footsteps came from afar. Two youngsters, carrying a carriage, walked briskly toward the house. They stopped in front of the front door.

After a while, Lin XianEr came out quietly. She locked the door and got on the carriage. Then she pulled down the blinds. The blinds aren’t very tight. So she can see outside, but no one could see her.

The carriage rose from the ground, and sped away.

By her house is a thick forest, where the leaves still had not fallen. A small temple resided next to the forest. On the right side of it is a barren graveyard.

The carriage stopped here. The youngster in the front took out a lantern from the bottom of the carriage. He lit the lantern, and held it high above his head. There’s a bright red plum flower sewn on the lantern.

After the lantern was raised, four shadows, from four different directions, came towards the light.

All of these four people moved briskly, as if they’re very excited. But they found that they’re not alone, their steps slowed down. Each glanced at one another, their gaze showed caution, as well as some enmity.

The one who came from the forest is a round-faced middle-aged man. He wore very extravagantly, like a rich merchant.

But his movement showed powerful inner power.

Two people came from the graveyard. The one on the right is a small man He looks like a suspicious thief, but his lightness kung fu is definitely first class.

The one on the left is neither tall nor short, neither fat nor skinny. His clothing is also very ordinary, just like every other part of his appearance.

But his lightness kung fu is a notch higher than the short man besides him.

The man who came out of the temple is the youngest, but also looked the most distinguished. Despite utilizing lightness kung fu, he kept his steps heavy. This person certainly has the best kung fu among the four.

Lin XianEr knew it these four people would come. She didn’t even look out, much less get off the carriage. Lin XianEr only smiled and said, “The four of you have had a long journey. I’m sorry there’s no wine to welcome everyone.”

When the four heard her voice, they unconsciously began to smile. All wanted to say something first, but after looking at one another, none spoke up.

Lin XianEr said, “I know all four of you want to speak. Who wants to go first?”

The plain-looking person had no expression. He seemed to be afraid of going first.

The blue-robed youngster raised his eyebrows, put his hands behind his back, and turned around. He didn’t think these people are worthy to be next to him. Therefore, he didn’t care to speak first.

The round-faced middle-aged man smiled, and said to the black-robed man, “Why don’t you go first?”

That black-robed man didn’t seem to mind, and stepped in front of the carriage.

Lin XianEr said with a smile, “Since seeing you two months ago, your lightness kung fu has improved greatly. Congratulations.”

The black-robe man’s nasty-looking face beamed with pride. He said, “Thank you, my lady.”

Lin XianEr said, “I asked you to do two things. Surely you’ve done both, right?”

The black-robed man took out a stack of bank notes. He handed them over submissively and said, “I was able to collect on all the accounts. The total is nine thousand eight hundred and fifty taels. The notes are from Shang Xi province’s ‘Double Fortune’ Bank.”

Lin XianEr’s tender arm reached out of her carriage, and took the bank notes. She seemingly counted the notes first, before speaking in a smile, “I’m really sorry to have troubled you. I wonder how I should repay you.”

The black-robed man had been staring blankly at the spot Lin XianEr’s arm came out. Only now did he force a laugh and said, “Oh, you don’t need to thank me. Just as long as you can remember me.”

Lin XianEr said, “What about that storyteller Old Man Sun, and his granddaughter? You must have found their location, right?”

The black-robed man lowered his head and said, “I had been following them. But after a while, they suddenly disappeared. It’s as if… as if they vanished into thin air.”

Lin XianEr did not speak.

The black-robed man smiled lightly and said, “These two people’s movements are quite mysterious. They pretend not to know any kung fu, but that is definitely not the case. If my lady could give me more time, I’ll surely find their whereabouts.”

Lin XianEr thought for a moment, sighed, and said, “Don’t bother. I didn’t believe you could follow them either. So even though you failed, I don’t blame you. Afterwards I have more things for you to do.”

The black-robed man let out a sigh of relief, and backed out to the side.

That round-faced man put his fists together and bowed to the other two people. He said, “My apologies. My apologies.”

As he spoke, he walked in front of Lin XianEr’s carriage.

Lin XianEr said with a smile, “Businessmen really do have great manners. You now look like a big boss.”

This person smiled brightly, and said, “I’m just an underling for my lady. Without my lady’s grace, I am nothing. I do not deserve to be called a boss.”

Lin XianEr said tenderly, “Worker, boss, what’s the difference? My business is your business. If you keep up the good work, this business will be yours soon.”

This middle-aged man’s face turned bright red.

He thanked Lin XianEr over and over, before taking out the bank notes in his pockets, and handed over submissively. He said, “This is last year’s earnings, also in ‘Double Fortune’ Bank’s notes.”

Lin XianEr said, “You’ve done so much. I’ve always known that you are both honest and hardworking…”

She had long taken the bank notes, and counted them while she spoke. At this moment, her voice suddenly changed. Without a hint of smile, she said, “How come there’s only six thousand taels?”

The middle-aged man said, “Six thousand three hundred taels.”

Lin XianEr said, “What about last year?”

The middle-aged man said, “Nine thousand four hundred taels.”

Lin XianEr said, “And the year before last?”

The middle-aged man wiped away some sweat, and said, “I think it’s… it’s over ten thousand.”

Lin XianEr snickered, and said, “You really are amazing. You can turn the business smaller and smaller. After a few more years, I can just go ahead and close the shops.”

The middle-aged man sweated profusely. He stuttered, “In the past two years, satin robes became unpopular. Poplin cloth earnings weren’t great either. But next year will surely be much better.”

Lin XianEr thought for a while, and then said tenderly, “I know you’ve been through a lot the past two years. You really should go back to your hometown and rest.”

The middle-aged man’s expression changed dramatically. He said, “But… but the business…”

Lin XianEr said, “Don’t worry, I’ll put someone else in charge.”

The middle-aged man’s face was filled with shock and rage. He retreated step by step. Then suddenly, he flew into midair, headed towards the forest.

After a few steps, a cold light sparkled.

In the midst of a loud scream, blood splattered on the ground. His body fell to the ground!

A green, steel sword appeared in the hands of that blue-robed youngster. Blood trickled down the tip.

That gray-robed man glanced at him, but did not change his expression. He only said, “Good sword move.”

The blue-robed youngster didn’t even look at him. He cleaned the blood under the bottom of his shoes. Then he did a sword-flower*, before returning the sword to its sheath.

*Note: Sword-Flower is when the user spins around the sword for show.

The gray-robed man did not speak further, simply stood there quietly.

He waited for a long time, until he’s sure the blue-robed youngster would not speak up. Then he walked slowly towards the carriage.

Perhaps Lin XianEr knew this person couldn’t be moved by sweet words. So she got directly to the point, said, “Is Long Xiao4Yun back at Happy Cloud Manor?”

The gray-robed man said, “Yes, for almost two weeks now. Not only did Hu BuGui go with him, so did a man with the surname ‘Lu’. I heard he’s a half-brother of Lu FengXian. He also uses double halberd, and should have first-rate kung fu.

Lin XianEr said, “What about that Hunchback Sun?”

The gray-robed man said, “He’s still in his shop. This guy really hid his identity well. No one knows anything about him.”

Li XianEr said, “But I know that you’ll find out eventually. Nothing escapes your eyes.” The gray-robed man smiled, and said, “If my guess is correct, that hunchback is related that storyteller Old Man Sun. Perhaps he’s the ‘A Mountain on his Back, A Mountain He can Crush’ Second Sun from days back.”

Lin XianEr was at least a bit shocked by this. After thinking some more, she said, “Try to get some more information. Tomorrow…”

Her voice became softer and softer. The gray-robed man had to get close to hear. After a few sentences, his normally expressionless face beamed brightly. As he left, his steps became livelier.

Lin XianEr really knows how to command a man around.

Then, Lin XianEr’s arm came out of the carriage again, and gestured the black-robed man to get closer.

The black-robed man stood there in a trance.

Lin XianEr said tenderly, “Come here. I need to say something to you. Tomorrow night…”

She spoke softly into the black-robed man’s ears.

The black-robed man smiled brightly, as he nodded, and responded, “Yes… yes… yes… I understand… How can I forget?”

When he left, he looked three feet taller.

After he disappeared, that blue-robed youngster walked over, and said coldly, “Miss Lin. You certainly are a busy person.”

Lin XianEr sighed, and said, “But what else can I do? They’re not like you. I have to be careful with them.”

She reached out her hand, and grabbed this youngster’s hand. She said tenderly, “Are you still mad at me?”

The blue-robed youngster kept his stern face, said, “Ah huh.”
    Lin XianEr chuckled, and said, “Look at you. Just like a little kid. Come onto the carriage. I’ll calm your anger.”

The blue-robed youngster still wanted to keep his stern face, but couldn’t help smiling.

At this moment, they suddenly heard a loud scream…

The scream came from the forest.

The gray-robed man had already entered the forest, but he backed out at this moment, step by step. As he retreated, blood followed.

The black-robed man had planned to enter the forest, but he suddenly stopped upon this sight. The gray-robed man fell down by his feet.

Could he have seen a ghost in the forest?

A ghost that can kill?

The black-robed man stuttered a bit, and took out the dagger on his leg. He stared into the dense forest, and asked, “Who are you?”

No human sound came from the forest. After a while, a person came out.

This person’s very tall. He wore a large bamboo hat, which covered most of his face. He walked very strangely, and positioned his sword differently from most people. His sword is only leisurely strapped to his waist.

The sword isn’t long, and isn’t unsheathed.

This person also doesn’t look very menacing. But when the black-robed man saw this person, his body shook for some unknown reason. Cold sweat came out of his hands.

This person carried a killer aura.

Jin WuMing.

Since Jin WuMing’s still alive, Li XunHuan’s obviously dead.

Lin XianEr smiled.

But she only smiled inside. Her face looked incredibly scared. She grabbed onto that youngster tightly, and said, “This person looks really scary. Do you know who he is?”

The blue-robed youngster forced a smile, said, “It doesn’t matter who he is. As long as I’m here, you don’t need to be scared.”

Lin XianEr said, “I’m not scared. I know you’ll protect me. As long as I’m by your side, nothing can hurt me.”

The blue-robed youngster raised his chest and said, “Right. No matter who he is, if he dares to come, I’ll take his life!”

Actually, he’s incredibly afraid of Jin WuMing’s killer aura. But he’s still young, unwilling to look weak in front of the woman he loves.”

Jin WuMing walked in front of the black-robed man.

The black-robed man held his dagger. This dagger had killed countless people before. But at this moment, the dagger could not attack.

He saw the empty eyes on Jin WuMing’s face.

Jin WuMing didn’t even seem to notice him. He said coldly, “Can the dagger in your hand kill?”

The black-robed man froze.

This question sounded so incredibly stupid. But since someone asked, he had to answer. So he said, “Of course it can kill.”

Jin WuMing said, “Good. Now come kill me.”

The black-robed man hesitated for a moment, then said, “We’re not enemies. Why should I kill you?”

Jin WuMing said, “Because if you don’t kill me, I’ll kill you.”

The black-robed man backed off a few steps. When suddenly he bit his teeth, and the dagger dashed forward like lightning.

Right when his dagger came out, a sword sparkled across the darkness.

Then a loud scream followed. Looking at Jin WuMing again, his sword in its natural position. As if it never moved at all.

What an incredibly fast sword!

The blue-robed youngster is famous swordsman. He always felt that his own sword is already very fast. Never did he think that someone else would be faster.

Until now.

Lin XianEr saw the tension in the youngster’s muscles. She suddenly let go of her hand, and said, “This person’s sword is too fast. You… you need to run away quickly. Don’t worry about me.”

If the blue-robed youngster was forty or fifty years old, he’d immediately take Lin XianEr’s advice. If a person lived to be that old, he would know that life is more important than face. Should someone ever say, ‘Life is precious, but love is more precious.’ Then that person must be a young person.

Anyone who says this phrase would never live till fifty.

The blue-robed youngster bit his teeth, and yelled, “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of him!”

There’s not much determination in his words. So he didn’t attack.

Lin XianEr said, “No… you can’t die. You have your parents, wife, and children to think about. Get away while you can. I’ll shield you as much as I can. I have no relatives. So no one would care if I die.”

The blue-robed youngster let out a loud roar, and dashed forward.

Lin XianEr smiled.

If a woman wants a man to risk his life for her, the best way is to let him know that she loves him. That she would risk her life for him.

Lin XianEr used this method countless times. It never failed.

This time, not only is she smiling inside, but also on her face.

Because she knew that this blue-robed youngster would never see the smile again.

This youngster not only has incredible sword skills, but also an incredible sword.

In an instant, he attacked Jin WuMing five times. But he said no words, realizing that words are pointless against this man.

Jin WuMing did not attack.

Each of these five strikes aimed at Jin WuMing’s vital spots. But all missed.

Jin WuMing suddenly said, “You are in the Dian Cang Sect?”

The blue-robed youngster froze. The sixth strike would not come out.

He doesn’t know how this person could see through his master’s unique sword art.

Jin WuMing said, “What’s your relationship with Xie TianLing?”

The blue-robed youngster said, “He’s… he’s my master.”

Jin WuMing said, “I already killed Guo SongYang.”

This sentence seemingly came out of the thin air. As it did not appear related to this conversation.

But this blue-robed youngster knew exactly what he meant.

End of Chapter 49

Chapter 50: Trap of Tenderness

Xie TianLing is the head of the Dian Cang Sect. He’s called the ‘First Sword South of Heaven’. He has never met a match in life, except losing three times to Guo SongYang. And he lost every time without argument.

If this person could kill Guo SongYang, then he’s obviously also better than Xie TianLing. A disciple of Xie TianLing surely would not be his match.

The blue-robed youngster’s face sunk.

Anyone could see that Jin WuMing is not one who exaggerates.

Jin WuMing said, “I can kill you in one blow. Do you believe me?”

The blue-eyed youngster bit his lips, but did not respond.

Only to see the sparkle of a sword flash by, Jin WuMing’s sword came out of nowhere.

The cold sword tip reached the blue-robed youngster’s throat.

Jin WuMing said, “I can kill you in one blow. Do you believe me?”

Sweat poured down the blue-robed youngster’s face. He bit his lips so hard blood came out. But he yelled, “Why don’t you just kill me?”

Jin WuMing said, “You want to die?”

The blue-robed youngster yelled, “A true man’s not afraid of death. Go ahead and kill me.”

Jin WuMing said, “If I didn’t want to kill you, would you still want to die?”

The blue-robed youngster froze.

If he didn’t have to, who would possibly want to die?

Jin WuMing said, “I know you want to die for her. So she would think that you’re a hero. But if you do die, would she really still like you?”

He continued coldly, “If she died, would you still love her?”

The blue-robed youngster couldn’t answer.

He felt the cold tip of the sword leaving his throat.

He felt like an idiot.

Jin WuMing said, “In a woman’s eyes, a hundred dead heroes, wouldn’t compare to a live coward. Just as in your eyes, a hundred dead beautiful women, wouldn’t compare to a live woman… Do you not understand this?”

The blue-robed youngster wiped some sweat off his face. He said, “I understand.”

Jin WuMing said, “Do you still want to die?”

The blue-robed youngster said with a red face, “Living isn’t a bad thing.”

Jin WuMing said, “Good. You finally understand.”

He continued, “I usually never like to be wordy. Yet I talked a great deal today, just so you can understand this… Only after you understand this, can I kill you.”

The blue-robed youngster suddenly asked, “You want to kill me?”

Jin WuMing said, “My rule is that I only ask questions, not answer them. But I do make an exception to those about to die.”

The blue-robed youngster said, “But… but if you want to kill me, then why say all those things?”

Jin WuMing said, “Because I never kill those who wants to die… If you wanted to die, then I would feel no pleasure in killing you.”

The blue-robed youngster let out a loud roar, he attacked with his sword.

His roar was incredibly short. Because just as he raised his hand, Jin WuMing’s sword had already entered his mouth. The icy cold tip passed by his tongue.

It’s a bit salty.

He finally tasted death.

The sword reentered its sheath.

Jin WuMing has a very good habit. He also puts his sword back into the sheath immediately after use. As if he doesn’t plan on using it in the near future.

Because he knew that when people see his sword in a sheath, they’d be more careless.

He likes careless people. They tend to die faster.

Lin XianEr stared at him this whole time, examining his every move. Her face carried a tender smile, like a young girl looking at her lover.

Jin WuMing never even looked at her.

Lin XianEr put on her sexiest pose, yet he still didn’t look at her.

Although Lin XianEr’s still smiling, she began to feel uneasy.

She felt that something’s wrong.

Everyone she’s slept with would stare her at every opportunity. But this person’s eyes seemed to be avoiding her like poison.

The two people holding the carriages stared at her like their eyes are about to pop. They didn’t even notice the lightning quick sword flash by.

As the two screamed, Jin WuMing’s sword had returned to the sheath.

He’s now standing in front Lin XianEr.

But his cold, dead eyes still gazed into the distance.

There’s only darkness in the distance.

Lin XianEr sighed, and said, “Why won’t you look at me. Are you afraid that after seeing me, you won’t be able to kill me?”

Jin WuMing’s muscles by his lips twitched. After a long time, he finally said, “You know that I’m here to kill you?”

Lin XianEr nodded and said, “I know… No matter how cold, how ruthless a person. When he has to kill the person he loves, his expression would seem different.

She smiled, and continued, “I just want to ask you one question. Since I’m about to die, surely you would answer my question, right?”

Jin WuMing remained silent for a long time, before he finally said, “Ask. In front of those about to die, I never lie.”

Lin XianEr stared into his expressionless face, and asked, “I just want to ask you one thing. Who asked you to kill me? And why?”

Jin WuMing tightened his fist, and said loudly, “No one else. No reason.”

Lin XianEr said, “There must be someone else… because you can’t possibly want to kill me.” She laughed, in a very cold manner. Afterwards, she said faintly, “I know you love me, and would never want to hurt me.”

Jin WuMing tightened his fist even more. One can almost hear the bone cracking.

But his face remained expressionless. Jin WuMing asked, “You really know? You are certain?”

Lin XianEr said, “Yes. I’m certain. If you don’t love me, then you wouldn’t have killed these people.”

Jin WuMing actually didn’t cut her off. He let her continue.

Lin XianEr said, “You killed them… because you are jealous of them.”

Jin WuMing said, “Jealous?”

Lin XianEr said, “Anyone who touched me, or even saw me, you want to kill. That’s jealousy. If you didn’t love me, why would you be jealous?”

Jin WuMing’s face turned pure white. He said coldly, “I just know that I want to kill you. If I want to kill someone, then that person will not live!”

Lin XianEr said, “If you really want to kill me, then why won’t you look at me? You’re afraid?”

Jin WuMing’s hand held his sword tightly. Even with the dim moonlight, one can see sweat coming down his forehead.

Cold sweat.

Lin XianEr stared at his face. She then said slowly, “If you can’t even look at me, even if you kill me, you’ll regret it.”

She reached out her hand, testing his reaction.

Jin WuMing did not move.

Lin XianEr’s hand finally grabbed his. Then she threw herself into his chest, and said, “If you can’t make up your mind, then take me to him.”

Her hands are very soothing, and know when to stop.

Jin WuMing’s breathing was very fast, obviously quite nervous. He said, “Who… who do you want to see?”

Lin XianEr said, “The person who asked you to kill me. I know I can change his mind…”

She bit his ear softly and said, “Don’t worry, you won’t regret this decision.”

Jin WuMing still didn’t look at her. But he did turn his head, towards the dark forest.

Lin XianEr rolled her eyes and whispered, “He’s in that forest?”

Jin WuMing did not respond. He didn’t have to.

Lin XianEr said tenderly, “Alright. I’ll go see him now. If he still won’t let me go, then you can kill me.”

Only after she turned around, did he finally see her back. In the midst of those gray, dead eyes, for the first time, was emotion.

But what kind of emotion? Happiness? Sadness? Hatred?

He doesn’t even know himself.

There’s no light within the forest.

Although Lin XianEr did not walk very fast, she still almost bumped into someone.

This person just stood there, like a mountain, an ice mountain.

Lin XianEr could’ve avoided him, but she didn’t do this. Her whole body fell into his chest.

This person did not try to help her up.

Lin XianEr caught her breath, and regained her balance. She said, “It’s really dark here… terribly sorry.”

She’s only about a feet from this person. She believes that this person can smell her breath. She believes that it will move this person’s heart.

But this person simply said calmly, “Did you use this method to make Jin WuMing not kill you?”

Lin XianEr said, “So you’re the one who wants to kill me? You are Clan Leader ShangGuan?”

This person said, “Yes. I can also tell you, that this method doesn’t work on me.”

His tone was not cold, nor vicious, but simply very even, without any emotion. All his words sound like he’s reading a book.

Lin XianEr said, “Then what method does work against you?”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “If you have more techniques, feel free to try them all.”

Lin XianEr said, “I know you’re not someone who’s easily moved by women. But why do you want Jin WuMing to kill me?”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “A trained killer cannot have emotions. It’s not easy to train an absolutely ruthless killer. I don’t want him ruined because of you.”

Lin XianEr laughed. She said, “But if you have him kill me, then your losses would be even bigger.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “Really?”

Lin XianEr said, “Because I’m much more useful than Jin WuMing.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “Really?”

Lin XianEr said, “Jin WuMing only knows how to kill. I know how to kill too. He has to kill with a sword, and cause blood to drip. I can kill without a weapon, and without blood.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “But he can kill faster than you.”

Lin XianEr said, “Sometimes it’s better to kill slowly, don’t you think?”

ShangGuan JinHong thought for a long time, before asking, “Other thank killing, what else are you good for?”

Lin XianEr said, “I also have money. So much money I can’t even count. Too much for me to ever spend.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “This is indeed a very good thing.”

There seem to be a hint of a smile within his words, because he knows very well the usefulness of money.

Lin XianEr said, “I’m also very smart. I can help you with a lot of things.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “You’re right. A dumb person could never be rich.”

Lin XianEr said, “Other than those things, I can also offer you something else…”

Her voice suddenly lowered to a whisper, as she said with a smile, “As long as you are a man. You can find out very quickly that I’m right.”

After thinking for a moment, ShangGuan JinHong said, “I am a man.”

A fog appeared in the forest.

Jin WuMing’s whole body was covered by this fog.

He still stood there motionless. As if he’s just a piece of wood.

The fog was very thick. So one can’t see anything.

What’s that noise? Moaning? Or gasping for breath?

Lin XianEr said, “It’s almost dawn. I need to get back.”

ShangGuan JinHong asked, “Why?”

Lin XianEr said, “Someone is waiting for me.”

ShangGuan JinHong asked, “Who?”

Lin XianEr said, “Ah Fei. Surely you’ve heard of him.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “I’m just surprised that you haven’t killed him yet. You take way too much time.”

Lin XianEr said, “I can’t kill him, nor dare to.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “Why?”

Lin XianEr said, “If I kill him, then Li XunHuan would surely kill me.”

ShangGuan JinHong suddenly stopped talking.

Lin XianEr sighed, and said, “I know you didn’t kill you Li XunHuan, or you wouldn’t have Jin WuMing kill me. Because you need Jin WuMing against Li XunHuan, you need him in peak condition.”

ShangGuan JinHong thought for a long time, before he said, “You really fear Li XunHuan that much?”

Lin XianEr said, “Oh, I am terrified of him.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “Do you fear him more than me?”

Lin XianEr said, “Yes. He’s worse than you. Because I have ways to move your heart, but not his.”

She sighed, and added, “He doesn’t want anything. That’s what makes him so dangerous.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “He’s also human. He must have a weakness.”

Lin XianEr said, “His only weakness is Lin ShiYin. But I can’t use Lin ShiYin to threaten him.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “Why?”

Lin XianEr said, “Because I have no confidence of success. Whenever I see him holding the dagger, I’d lose all confidence in myself.”

She took a deep breath, and said, “As long as he’s alive, I can’t do anything to Ah Fei.”

ShangGuan JinHong thought for a long time, before he said, “Don’t worry. He won’t live for long.”

End of Chapter 50

Ok. Last update before my vacation. Oh, btw, the chapter 50 has mature content. If you're really young and have trouble understanding, I suggest watching some porn.

What relationship? I despise that girl!
    Well, by relationship I didn't mean a romantic one, but rather how their relations will eventually work out.

And yes, she is very despicable. Her character really shows the cynical GLin his view of women in general.

Waiting for the next update Meh.... soon I hope...
    Too bad you can't read in bulk anymore.

Waiting for updates can be pretty annoying. Kind of like watching serials one episode per day.

This is getting horrible! Is it getting easier to find a dinosaur nowadays than find a guy who hasn't slept with Lin Xin Er? Thank God we have Li Xun Huan and Old Man Sun. And Ah Fei too.

What sort of women did GL hang around with? First Lin Xin Er, then Big Merriment Lady Buddha.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Drunk party ones?

Originally posted by charbydis
    This is getting horrible! Is it getting easier to find a dinosaur nowadays than find a guy who hasn't slept with Lin Xin Er? Thank God we have Li Xun Huan and Old Man Sun. And Ah Fei too.

Don't forget Tie ChuanJia.... In fact he hasn't slept with any woman.

Seems like Gu Long always has a manipulative and seductive woman in his novels. Then again I haven't read many of his other novels also..

Thanks for the update Meh... enjoy your vacations...

Originally posted by Meh
    Ok. Last update before my vacation. Oh, btw, the chapter 50 has mature content. If you're really young and have trouble understanding, I suggest watching some porn.
    lol

SGJH should have turned JWM into an eunuch if he wanted the perfect killer.

"Sentimental Swordsman Ruthless Sword" is a really good title for this book. Plus it has a very nice ring to it.

Thanks for the huge update.

I watched the original adaption from the late 70's. This is an awesome novel. Keep up the good work.

yea i just start reading LXH fantic on the site. it is very unique, very interesting. keep up the good work
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Thumbs up Thx Meh!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Meh for two whole chapters of Dagger Li that I missed. o.0 Lin XinEr's arts are another level compared to Jin WuMing / ShangGuan JinHong. Erotic
    -
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. Lin XinEr loves but also denies Li XunHuan? [ie. Full Moon Curved Sabre: Song Zhong --was compared to Jin WuMing-- and his feelings/actions toward Madame Liu]
    --- quote: She [XinEr] has never seen a man who can’t be tricked. Perhaps only one… Li XunHuan. [...] Is Li XunHuan dead yet? Why is there no news?
    -
    -
    -
    QUESTION:
    1. What clues that this person has the highest martial arts?
    --- quote: The man who came out of the temple is the youngest, but also looked the most distinguished. Despite utilizing lightness kung fu, he kept his steps heavy. This person certainly has the best kung fu among the four.
    2. Lin XinEr promised her three lackeys sex?
    [/UOTE]
    --- quote: After a few sentences, his [Gray Robe] normally expressionless face beamed brightly. As he left, his steps became livelier. [...] She spoke softly into the black-robed man’s ears. [...] When he [Black Robe] left, he looked three feet taller. [...] Lin XianEr chuckled, and said, “Look at you [Blue Robe]. Just like a little kid. Come onto the carriage. I’ll calm your anger.”
    [/QUOTE]
    -
    -
    -
    INTERESTING LINES:
    1. Ah Fei closed his eyes, and held her hands tightly in his. If he can only hold onto these hands forever,

2. If a person lived to be that old, he would know that life is more important than face. Should someone ever say, ‘Life is precious, but love is more precious.’ Then that person must be a young person.

3. If a woman wants a man to risk his life for her, the best way is to let him know that she loves him. That she would risk her life for him.

4. Jin WuMing said, “I know you want to die for her. So she would think that you’re a hero. But if you do die, would she really still like you?”

5. Jin WuMing said, “In a woman’s eyes, a hundred dead heroes, wouldn’t compare to a live coward. Just as in your eyes, a hundred dead beautiful women, wouldn’t compare to a live woman… Do you not understand this?” [anti Romeo/Juliet? ]

6. Lin XianEr said, “Yes. He’s worse than you. Because I have ways to move your heart, but not his.”
    She sighed, and added, “He doesn’t want anything. That’s what makes him so dangerous.”

Cool

Can someone explain how You ended up with Lady Buddha?

Probably ran into each other with fatty going "you're a purdy one... COME HERE"