Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation of Little Li's Flying Dagger(cont...)

Thanks for clearing things up TigerWong. It makes more sense now.

To Vash 7ds, I don't think you are thankful of Meh's translation at all. Look at all of those rude and mean things you wrote!!! You are the first one that I know of that doesn't like Sun Xiao Hong. Even Meh really likes her. If you don't like her, you didn't need to say it in the manner that you did. I think that is really rude!! if you don't like the characters than just stop reading the story....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by Trinie
    Thanks for clearing things up TigerWong. It makes more sense now.

To Vash 7ds, I don't think you are thankful of Meh's translation at all. Look at all of those rude and mean things you wrote!!! You are the first one that I know of that doesn't like Sun Xiao Hong. Even Meh really likes her. If you don't like her, you didn't need to say it in the manner that you did. I think that is really rude!! if you don't like the characters than just stop reading the story....
    This story is great and I think Meh is doing a superb job of translating it but....I don't like Sun Xiao Hong either. She's just a bit....I don't know...really annoying and arrogant. But her grandad i think is really cool. Oh, and so are Li Xun Huan and Ah Fei
    Names can be false, but not friends.
    I'm here to be your friend, so why ask me my name?

hopelessly wandering amongst my school work

Yeah somehow I find Sun Xiao Hong annoying, and a weakling. But Meh's translations are great!!!

I am surprised that you are all saying that you don't like Xiao Hong. Which character is perfect? Of course she is supposed to have flaws just like any character. But she has a lot of good qualities that you all don't seem to notice. Why isn't anyone complaining about Lin Xian Er?? That girl is despicable!!!! And you are all saying this and that about Xiao Hong?? I am really shocked!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I think everybody knows Lin XianEr is a tramp
    Last edited by minutemanwayne; 11-25-03 at 02:02 AM.
    Yo momma cat

To minutemanwayne, How do you feel about Sun Xiao hong?? She is actually a very likable character... of course no one is perfect. If she didn't have any good qualities than I don't think Li Xuan Hun would like her.

To minutemanwayne, How do you feel about Sun Xiao hong?? She is actually a very likable character... of course no one is perfect. If she didn't have any good qualities than I don't think Li Xuan Hun would like her.
    I like her Especially Ruby Lin's portrayal
    Yo momma cat

To minutemanwayne, I am glad that you like her too. Ruby Lin never played Sun Xiao Hong. I think you are talking about Alyssa Jia Jing Wen. She is the one that played Sun Xiao Hong in XLFD(the version with Jason WU and Vincent Jiao). I like her portrayal the most too. I think that is part of the reason I like Xiao Hong, it was played by Alyssa.

To minutemanwayne, I am glad that you like her too. Ruby Lin never played Sun Xiao Hong. I think you are talking about Alyssa Jia Jing Wen. She is the one that played Sun Xiao Hong in XLFD(the version with Jason WU and Vincent Jiao). I like her portrayal the most too. I think that is part of the reason I like Xiao Hong, it was played by Alyssa.
    Ahh you're right For some reason I always get them mixed up. They look so much alike to me. I got her confused with Ruby Lin in HSDS 03 too.
    Yo momma cat

They sort of look alike, but I think Alyssa is a lot prettier. She is a better actress too. I don't think Ruby can handle the role of Zhao Min.

Hmm.. I never thought Alyssa Chia and Ruby Lin look alike. I personally like the former more. Doesn't really like her acting in Da Han Tian Zi(The Emperor of the Han Dynasty) though. I'm watching that serial right now.

About Sun XiaoHong, it's too early to really pass judgement on her either way. She does become a major character at the end of the book, last 20 chapters or so.

And to Vash|7ds, did you really take 62 chapters to figure out this book is almost totally filled with conversations? The very early chapters had a lot of action and LXH just muttering to himself. But afterwards it's quite dialogue-heavy.

Wow...that really was an interesting chapter. So Wu Ming is kicking *** with his right hand eh? Wonder where this'll all lead, since this chapter did give closure to that little segment anyhoo. Keep posting Meh!
    Wandering the world,
    Sword in hand,
    Searching for a challenge,
    Begging for a loss...

To Meh, thanks again for your great translation. I really need to catch up on my reading. I didn't like Alyssa's acting in da han tian zi either. But I don't think it was all her fault. I guess it was just her role. Her role seemed like a supporting more than a leading role. I really liked her as Sun Xiao Hong though.

It has been 62 chapters and it is still not possible to judge her yet?? Does she get more likable later on?? I heard that she does.. that's why Li Xun Huan likes her.

Thanks for the great translation meh!

To TigerWong, Thanks again! So we do know for sure that Shen lang is his father? Where did we get the idea that Bai Fei Fei is his mom then? I did read that one thread but still don't get why bai Fei Fei is possibly his mom. What other girls were Shen lang involved with?? What other girls could have been AH Fei's mom?? Did he get his name "Ah Fei" from Bai Fei Fei's name??

As if Chu Qi Qi is going let him sleep with any other women! Chu Qi Qi can't be Ah Fei's mother because she is nothing like how Ah Fei remembers his mother as, and at that time (20 years ago fromt he start of Dagger Lee), Shen Lang could have only had a child with Bai Fei Fei.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Now my thoughts on Sun Xiao Hong. She's not my favourite girl in the novel, but she secures the second place. I quite like her character, and I don't think she is a weakling at all. I think she sometimes acts older than her age and is quite lively as well. She is way better than Ling Ling and heaps better than Lin Xian Er and fo couse, the Big Merriment Lady Buddha.

Just n case you guys were wondering, my favourite female is the Blue Scorpion. I guess I like girls that can fight better!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

To Charbydis, Thanks for your info! So we are pretty much sure that Shen Lang and Bai Fei Fei are in fact Ah Fei's parents. Who is Chu Qi Qi anyway? Is she another one that likes Shen Lang? Thanks for your thoughts on Xiao Hong too. I thought she should be a really likeable character. I don't know why people don't like her. I have heard mostly good things about her. Who is Blue Scorpion? What kind of personality does she have?? I haven' t been reading. We all know how Lin Xian Er is so of course no one likes her....

Originally posted by Meh

He laughed, and said, “Too bad ShangGuan Fei never understood his father’s true intentions.”

Ah Fei suddenly said, “Therefore ShangGuan Fei actually died in his father’s hands too.”

Li XunHuan said, “When someone desires too much, he’s likely going to make many mistakes…”
    This is one of the reasons why I love Gu Long novels. You will never find such life complexity analysis in Jin Yong novels. I enjoyed JY novels but after you know the story line there is not much re-read value left ..... especially compared to the Great GL's ....

hopelessly wandering amongst my school work

I disagree, Jin Yong novels have to some degree of a reread value but Gulong's works center around mystery alot of the time, when rereading it, the mystery is no longer a mystery.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

thanx meh for the gr8 translation, I read all 60+ chapters less than 24 hours, it shows how cool your translations is. I'm at the edge of the seat almost most of the time with all the twist and turns.

The fast pace and lots of twist and turn at every corner is why I like gl story more than jy.

Thanks again for the translations Meh!! I will have vacation soon and will catch up on the reading.

Well everyone has different tastes, some like GL more while some like JY more. I have noticed that most people like JY more. I like both of them very much,but it just depends on the story. Like if you were comparing Gu Long's dagger lee to Jin Yong's Lian Cheng Jue. I would of course like Gu Long's dagger lee more. But if you are comparing one of Gu Long's least popular stories(can't think of one now since I haven't really read any of his other works) with LOCH for example, I would of course like JY more.