Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Translation of Little Li's Flying Dagger(cont...)

hopelessly wandering amongst my school work

BUMP! Hope this has not been forgotten

I am chinese illiterate, but I conclude that GL's works in chinese is just as good as the translation because I have read the indonesian translation and the story/words using is just the same as English translations done in this forum such as TSATE (Athena), Dagger Li (Meh), Legendary Siblings (Athena). Therefore the original chinese must be as interesting as translation versions.
    As myself, firstly I read WX series are JY's stories like Trilogy Condor Heroes, Demi Gods & Semi Devil (Thian Long Pat Poh), State of Divinity (Xiauw Auw Ciang Hu) etc. and I like the stories very much. Then I try to read GL's stories: CLH, Dagger Li, Legendary Siblings, TSATE, LXH, Sim Long Story, San Sao Ye Te Cian, Xiao Se Yi Lang, than I found out I now like GL more (off course not every GL's story is good, but what I mentioned before are great stories. I haven't read Ye Kay stories but many GL's fans recommend this also, just have no indonesian version yet). I think GL's stories have a re read value more than JY's, because I have read theabove stories more than twice and still find them interesting.
    This is only my opinion and everyone has their own favorite.

TO SSan, Thanks for sharing your insights on JY and GL stories. I have read portions of a number of JY novels since they are available at the Asian library that I check out books at. But GL's stories are harder to find... But from what I heard, a number of GL's stories are really good too.Of course all of them can't be good since he wrote nearly 70 of them while JY only wrote 15. One of my net friends love WU Lin Wai Shi. Have you read that one yet? That is the story right before Xiao Li Fei dao. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. I like them both same, but it just depends on which particular story.
    Last edited by Trinie; 05-05-04 at 07:18 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Trinie, yes I have read Wu Lin Wai Shi, this is the story of Sim Long/Shen Lang. This is a good story also and happened before Dagger Li because Shen Lang was mentioned in Dagger Li and also in Legendary Siblings

Trinie, just FYI, the story of Wu Lin Wai Shi is being translated by Luna Rainbow although it is stopped quite long time and you can find it in this forum also

Originally posted by SSan
    Shen Lang was mentioned in Dagger Li and also in Legendary Siblings
    hmmm i have read Lengendary Siblings twice but dont remember it mentioned Shen Lang... can someone tell me what did it says about Shen Lang in Legendary Siblings?
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

Shen Lang just mentioned regarding his Ming I Kong the same as Princess Yao Yue & Lian Xiang practice

Originally posted by ~
    hmmm i have read Lengendary Siblings twice but dont remember it mentioned Shen Lang... can someone tell me what did it says about Shen Lang in Legendary Siblings?
    It depends on who published the version of Legendary Siblings you're reading. Some versions mention Shen Lang, and some don't.

Originally posted by SSan
    Shen Lang just mentioned regarding his Ming I Kong the same as Princess Yao Yue & Lian Xiang practice
    Ming I Kong? u mean ming yu shen gong? u mean Shen Lang actually master/learn Ming Yu Shen Gong? Does it mentioned in WLWS(my version dun hav) or just only in some version of JDSJ?
    does he reaches the final level of Ming Yu Shen Gong like Yao Yue?
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

I read the version translated in Indonesia, and it is mentioned in that only several people reach the top level as Yao Yue reach at last and Shen Lang already get to the top level in his early ages because he has super talent in martial art. As Tiger Wong said there are some versions of Legendary Siblings (LS) and I wonder Athena's translation version did mention it or not?
    You are right, in WLWS I read, also does not mentioned what kung fu SL master, I just know that SL master Ming Yu Shen Gong when I read LS.

Ooo so this explains why Shen Lang QiGong is so good as the book mentioned his Qigong: Ta Xue Wu Hen(leaves no marks/footprints when passing/jumping over the snow) just like Yao Yue who has supreme qigong as she can keep so close to Xiao Yu-er's back without leting him see her(u should know what i mean if u have read SL). so Ming Yu Sheng Gong is some kungfu that possess excellent Qigong.

Ooops, now then i realised that this is off topic to this thread... i am so sorry guys. hmmm but it seems this is the only place to ask/discuss about GL's novel. few/no ppl in the Wuxia Fiction forum discuss about GL's novel...

Originally posted by ~
    Ooo so this explains why Shen Lang QiGong is so good as the book mentioned his Qigong: Ta Xue Wu Hen(leaves no marks/footprints when passing/jumping over the snow) just like Yao Yue who has supreme qigong as she can keep so close to Xiao Yu-er's back without leting him see her(u should know what i mean if u have read SL). so Ming Yu Sheng Gong is some kungfu that possess excellent Qigong.

Ooops, now then i realised that this is off topic to this thread... i am so sorry guys. hmmm but it seems this is the only place to ask/discuss about GL's novel. few/no ppl in the Wuxia Fiction forum discuss about GL's novel...
    Maybe you can start a new thread on GL topics... even call it Everything Gu Long. I can talk GL all day.

As far as SL and Ming Yu Gong, even if you go by that version of Legendary Siblings, I doubt he would have mastered it during WLWS. I think he was still very young.

To Ssan, I already know that luna rainbow is translating some of Wu Lin wai Shi. I know that that is the story right before XLFD too. I heard that Shen Lang is Ah Fei's father.One of my net friends have read it and love Wu Lin Wai Shi too. People have said that Bai Fei Fei may be Ah Fei's mom too.I have read some of it and really agree that it is a great story...shen Lang was mentioned in Legendary Siblings?? Really? When was this?? I want to read more Gu Long novels but most of them aren't available at the library that I check out books at. I can't afford to buy them all either. They mostly have JY novels. I guess GL still is not as popular as JY. I am Chinese literate, but I don't read it that well....
    Last edited by Trinie; 05-08-04 at 11:51 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by Trinie
    I want to read more Gu Long novels but most of them aren't available at the library that I check out books at. I can't afford to buy them all either. They mostly have JY novels. I guess GL still is not as popular as JY. I am Chinese literate, but I don't read it that well....
    that's strange...in my country GL's novel can be found in every library. I bet u cant find them because they are too good;have been borrowed. Whereas JY's are not so preferable, so no one is borrowing them. Thus u can find them in every library... lol my nonsense theory sounds logic...

Originally posted by TigerWong
    Maybe you can start a new thread on GL topics... even call it Everything Gu Long.
    no a single guy reply me on such a short question on CLX in the Wuxia forum... i bet the GL's fans have all gone...

btw can u guys read my name? It should be Mei Yin Xue...

In my country it is hard to get wu xia series now. only from few people/collector we may get the copy and it is realy antique (all/most of them are published before 1970). now I am trying to get Liang Yue Sheng's work. by the way where Trinie, Tiger Wong and Mei Yin Xue from?

To SSan, In the US, they sell WU Xia novels everywhere and in Viet, Chinese and in some in English as well(only some of JY's novels that have been translated, that's it). But I can't afford to buy them all since they are really expensive. I am from the US. I live in California, so Wu Xia novels can be ordered from certain companies or bought in stores.

To mei yin Xue, It is hard for me to find any of Gu Long's novels. I see JY everywhere, but barely any for Gu Long... sigh... I wish I can read more of his novels.... They do have some of his novels at the library that I go to, but not too many of them. I wanted to read Xiao Li Fei Dao, Wu Lin Wai Shi and other popular ones. But they only have some of the less popular ones that I don't really like... I know what you mean.. I once asked a question about GL's novel too and not one person would answer.. sigh... Once again, GL is always overshadowed by JY. I like them both though...
    Last edited by Trinie; 05-09-04 at 09:33 PM.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by Trinie

To mei yin Xue, It is hard for me to find any of Gu Long's novels. I see JY everywhere, but barely any for Gu Long... sigh... I wish I can read more of his novels.... They do have some of his novels at the library that I go to, but not too many of them. I wanted to read Xiao Li Fei Dao, Wu Lin Wai Shi and other popular ones. But they only have some of the less popular ones that I don't really like... I know what you mean.. I once asked a question about GL's novel too and not one person would answer.. sigh... Once again, GL is always overshadowed by JY. I like them both though...

Hmmm, I'm flabbergasted, because everybody could get most of GL's novels online, although someone mentioned there are errors in them.

http://qiqi.com/

Unhappy ummm.........

any one have little li's translation from chapter 1-8 because i didnt finish reading it and its now gone!!!!!!!! some one post e it up again or just send it to me pleaZZZZZZZZ

my email is at [email protected]
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Default Re: ummm.........

Originally posted by darkshineknight
    any one have little li's translation from chapter 1-8 because i didnt finish reading it and its now gone!!!!!!!! some one post e it up again or just send it to me pleaZZZZZZZZ

my email is at [email protected]

You can find all translation links here:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...000#post236000