Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Translation of Little Li's Flying Dagger(cont...)

Originally posted by deathblade
    I've never seen any of the adaptations of this, so I'm wondering ... exactly how long is Li's dagger usually depicted as?
    ermm my english is bad...are u asking the length of his dagger? if yes, it's 3.7 inches.
    Last edited by ~; 06-05-04 at 02:30 AM.
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

So it's basically a very short knife.

Originally posted by deathblade
    So it's basically a very short knife.
    i'm not sure does it include the gripping part, it should be yes but it will be too short if it is included...
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

Little Li's Flying Dagger in Mandarin would be Xiao Li Fei Dao. Not sure about the rest because I only know a little Cantonese not Mandarin.

I have finally got hold of the Thai translated version of this novel and found that there is a paragraph in chapter 32 referring to the fight between the Water Matriach and Chu Liu Xiang by the braided girl right after her talk on the duel on Mt. Tai.

The SE asian versions of either JY or GL's novels tend to be the original versions and in most cases translated straight from newspaper posts then. I will post this missing passage if anyone is curious to read it though it is nothing much.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

I guess it taken out from the translation since it gots nothing to do with the story.

Originally posted by Goofy
    I have finally got hold of the Thai translated version of this novel and found that there is a paragraph in chapter 32 referring to the fight between the Water Matriach and Chu Liu Xiang by the braided girl right after her talk on the duel on Mt. Tai.
    Yep, I read that in the Chinese version too. But its similiar to the situation you find in The Legendary Sibling, where some versions would mention the people from other novels who learned MingYu Gong and other versions don't.

When is the translation going to be done?

Why is it when I come in here, I see posts that are not translations?

Meh, what happened?!

I think Meh is either busy or has gotten lazy. I wish I can continue, but my Chinese isn't good enough.....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

If that's the truth then I guess it's rather sad. Is there another place to read translations of this novel?

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by Trinie
    I think Meh is either busy or has gotten lazy. I wish I can continue, but my Chinese isn't good enough.....

http://www.euroasiasoftware.com/engl...ary/index.html

I'm sure you can do it with the help of that dictionary. Free to d/l, 37 MB.

Thanks for the link!! Another thing is I don't have the Chinese decoder. Do you know where I can download that for free? If I can get the decoder than maybe I will try to continue. But I am really scared to get laughed at. People have criticized my Chinese skills before and it didn't make me feel good....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by Trinie
    Thanks for the link!! Another thing is I don't have the Chinese decoder. Do you know where I can download that for free? If I can get the decoder than maybe I will try to continue. But I am really scared to get laughed at. People have criticized my Chinese skills before and it didn't make me feel good....
    www.njstar.com has one.

btw, I tried replying to your PM but your mailbox is full.

Trinie, you're planning to translate the novel? I look forward to reading it and thanks for taking the time to translate a novel that I'm beginning to love.

To Tiger, Thanks for the link! I already know about that link but don't we have to pay for the decoder at the site? I have just deleted most of the old messages in my inbox so you can reply to me now. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me!

To Dagger lee, I am not positive if I can do the translation although I really really want to.Lets see if I can get the decoder and everything. I also start school in August too. But if I can get the decoder and dictionary(since my Chinese is not too good) uploaded successfully, I will definately try.

Where are you Meh

Good luck, wherever you are.
    "Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight? Why am I trying to see, when there ain't nothing in sight? Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try? Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die."

There's still hope.

Meh. COME BACK!!!

I just read all of your translation in a short time. This book is marvellous. Far better than Lu Xiao Feng.

I will wait. I am used to waiting by now. Waiting for Noodles, waiting for Lanny, waiting for Moinlleon, waiting for Meh....

*sigh*

I really gotta learn chinese....

IF Meh doesn't continue with the translation, then I will try. I just discovered that the asian library that I go to has this novel in traditional CHinese!!! I skimmed it and was surprised that I can read most of it!!!! I think I will be able to do the translation. I was sooo happy to see it. But then again, I am starting school soon so I don't know when I will be able to do it. But if no one continues, I will sooner or later. I just hope no one laughs at me....