Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Translation of Little Li's Flying Dagger(cont...)

You go and do what ya gotta do Trinie. I total support ya and dont worry no one is gonna laugh at ya when you are doing something beneficial for everybody.

Little Li's really good.

I guess at some point, the translators need a break, even if it's a long one, lol.

Although, I must say, this book is really, really, really long.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

To Jeren of all Trades, Thanks for your support! I know that some people may not laugh at me, but some might since my Chinese isn't that good. Therefore, I will make some errors here and there. I know that are lots of people that know it better than me so they may criticize me. Hey, but at least I have the effort right?? Please be patient since I need to get my hands on a copy of it. Yea, it is long. It is 4 books long with a total of 89 chapters. I jumped when I saw it.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by Trinie
    To Jeren of all Trades, Thanks for your support! I know that some people may not laugh at me, but some might since my Chinese isn't that good. Therefore, I will make some errors here and there. I know that are lots of people that know it better than me so they may criticize me. Hey, but at least I have the effort right?? Please be patient since I need to get my hands on a copy of it. Yea, it is long. It is 4 books long with a total of 89 chapters. I jumped when I saw it.
    Wow, the ones I get at the library here is like, 5 books.

It's great that you want to translate this, I'm 100% behind ya!
    My love and my agony.

Originally posted by Jaded WenEr
    Little Li's really good.

I guess at some point, the translators need a break, even if it's a long one, lol.

Although, I must say, this book is really, really, really long.
    It's true that the translator deserves a break; unfortunately, I'm a little bit impatient here.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Originally posted by gentoo
    It's true that the translator deserves a break; unfortunately, I'm a little bit impatient here.
    yeah, don't start something that you think you can't finish it. I prefer no translations done then reading something without conclusions

I prefer the translator to be like Becky, complete them and sell them. I think most of us here can afford to buy the translations as long as its finish and complete

BTW Xiao Shiyi Lang available on the 23rd Aug for 19.95. Hope there will be no delay after this. Can't wait to finish the story

Originally posted by atlantean0208
    yeah, don't start something that you think you can't finish it. I prefer no translations done then reading something without conclusions
    Thats a bit harsh to say. Everytime I get to read a chapter, I thank Meh for his kindness in translating and releasing his hard work. He could just as easily NOT put them up in this forum and just keep it for himself and his friends...
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

To JadeWen Er, Thanks for your support! The copy that you saw had 5 books? I really hope that the one I had was complete since I skimmed it really fast. I think it should since I peeked at the ending.

To Gentoo and atlantean0208, I understand how you guys feel, but do you guys realize how much work translations take? I haven't done translations for novels yet, but have done other translations and I can tell you that it takes A LOT of work. I am afraid to do translations for novels since they are long and I will have to face comments like that if I don't finish. Now I am even more scared to do translations for this novel......
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Trinie doe not be intimidated by what others think or say of you. You have the heart and translating is a very tedious task cause you want to create the same feelings and visuals as if you are reading the novel to everybody. I for one support what you can and will do. It does not matter how much you translated. As least you gave it your best and did what you could do. Some translation is better then no translation. Yes waiting for translations is fustrating cause we are all caught up in the spectacular stories and in also the great translations, but as someone pointed out, all of the translators do not need to put their translations on this website and share their great works with us. Do what you can and I am sure everybody will support you. I know I will

The people who come and read should be more respectful towards those who translate for us. If they don't like to read unfinished translations, they don't have to. Its quite clear from the Reading Room pages, wich are the finished and unfinished works.

One should be patient. Its only natural to bug the translators, but not acceptable to vent your frustrations on them.

I thank everyone for all the effort you people made. These are works I would never have read had not been for these translations. Who knows, maybe in the future I'll learn chinese. But I never would have had any interest if it hadn't been for these translations.

TO Jeren of all trades, Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad that you will support me in what I want to do. I guess I am too sensitive and get scared of what others will say. I had a dream last night about completing this translation.... Maybe that is telling me something? Don't worry, I will try my best to do this when I have the chance to. I just don't know when that's all. I may come out of no where with it and surprise you all, so be aware....

Also, I think it is a big waste to translate something and not share it, especially when it makes everyone so happy. Why not share it???

I'm glad to hear this, trinie. By taking part in the translation; it would automatically make the project moving forward faster.

TO Jeren of all trades, Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad that you will support me in what I want to do. I guess I am too sensitive and get scared of what others will say. I had a dream last night about completing this translation.... Maybe that is telling me something? Don't worry, I will try my best to do this when I have the chance to. I just don't know when that's all. I may come out of no where with it and surprise you all, so be aware....

Also, I think it is a big waste to translate something and not share it, especially when it makes everyone so happy. Why not share it???
    TRANSLATE! TRANSLATE! PLEASE TRANSLATE! thank you so much for volunteering. so far, i love everything that meh has put so much work into translating. i've been waiting for a while and check this forum frequently in hopes that he and a few others had the opportunity to continue with their traffic and generous translations. i am very much grateful to hear that you've been itching to continue meh's kindness by translating as much as you can. i wish you luck and hope to read an update from you one of these days. THANK YOU!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Thanks for translating Trinie. I support you 100%!

Thanks for all of the support you guys! I have been wanting to continue this for a long time but never had the courage to until now. But I have a couple of problems, one is I need to get a hold of the a copy of the book in Chinese. I just discovered it at the asian library that I go to, but am starting school soon so I can't check it out. I also want to do it at my own leisure since I will be busy with school. I may print out the last half of the story online or if I get desperate, I may buy it. I really hope that by the time I do it, it won't be too late. Please be patient and can't wait to translate it for you all.

Another thing is, if I do start translating I will try to finish it until the end. I just hope that I don't do it so badly that it ruins the story.
    Last edited by Trinie; 08-20-04 at 07:38 PM.

Are there other stories after this one besides The Black Sabre?

Are there other stories after this one besides The Black Sabre?
    Eagle Flying in September (Jiu Yue Ying Fei) and Horizon, Bright Moon, Knife (Tian Ya, Ming Yue, Dao). And maybe Bian Cheng Dao Sheng and Fei Dao You Cien Fei Dao, but both are low quality novel

Default 1-26

Can anyone tell me where I can read the translations for chapters 1 to 26?

The reading rooms at Spcnet.tv

To JadeWen Er, Thanks for your support! The copy that you saw had 5 books? I really hope that the one I had was complete since I skimmed it really fast. I think it should since I peeked at the ending.

To Gentoo and atlantean0208, I understand how you guys feel, but do you guys realize how much work translations take? I haven't done translations for novels yet, but have done other translations and I can tell you that it takes A LOT of work. I am afraid to do translations for novels since they are long and I will have to face comments like that if I don't finish. Now I am even more scared to do translations for this novel......
    Well, I guess it's the different publishing and packaging. But I'm pretty sure the one you have is complete.

Yah, translating IS hard work ... and then you gotta balance it with school, friends, and family.
    My love and my agony.