Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Translation of Little Li's Flying Dagger(cont...)

Hi guys! I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be doing the translations for awhile since I have started school. THis is going to be one of my hardest semesters. But please keep in mind that I will still be doing the translations. I just don't know when, that's all. I need to test your patience again... Sorry for the long delay.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Ok, I'm going to start translating again next week, after the Labor Day holidays(going hiking). Hopefully I'll have the next chapter up by the next weekend.

Sorry about the long delay. I can't say exactly why it's been so long, but let's just say a lot of things have come up, both necessary stuffs and entertaining stuffs.

Thanks everyone for your patience. I know how annoying it is to half-finish a story. But it just can't be helped. Have a nice Labor day weekend.

Now that Meh is back, time to catch up with the reading again for me

I love the translator
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Good to have you back.

Ok since Meh is back, I guess I won't need to be translating this novel. I guess I will try doing another one sometime.....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Trinie, are you planning to translate another novel?

You could help translate with Meh. 2 great minds
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

To Dagger Lee, YEa I was planning to translate another novel when I have time. BUt I just don't know which one. I want to do a GU LOng one since everyone has done JY's. I will ask for some suggestions in the WU Xia thread.

To JigSta, I don't want to ruin his good translation so I will try to do another novel. I am still wondering which one to do.

May i know when will the next chapter of the flying dagger be out????
    i have been reading the translation for some time and waiting for it to be updated but den......
    can someone tell me where could i find the rest of the translation??

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    To Dagger Lee, YEa I was planning to translate another novel when I have time. BUt I just don't know which one. I want to do a GU LOng one since everyone has done JY's. I will ask for some suggestions in the WU Xia thread.

To JigSta, I don't want to ruin his good translation so I will try to do another novel. I am still wondering which one to do.

Probably you could continue JY's Ode to Gallantry because Ian Liew stopped translating.

That's good that you want to translate Gu Long novels since I like his stories more than Jin Yong's.

TO Dagger Lee,
    I didn't know that you liked GL stories more then JY's. Most people like JY more. I like both of them depending on which story.

TO DU GU Seeking a win, Thanks for letting me know but I have read parts of Xia Ke Xing and didn't really like it, so I definately won't be translating it... I also wanted to do a GL novel too since most people are doing JY's already. I think GL needs more credit for his works since a lot people put him down. Most of the series these days don't do his works any justice either. I hope that people will appreciate him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh
    Ok, I'm going to start translating again next week, after the Labor Day holidays(going hiking). Hopefully I'll have the next chapter up by the next weekend.

Sorry about the long delay. I can't say exactly why it's been so long, but let's just say a lot of things have come up, both necessary stuffs and entertaining stuffs.

Thanks everyone for your patience. I know how annoying it is to half-finish a story. But it just can't be helped. Have a nice Labor day weekend.
    welcome back! and thanks for continuing this great translation.

and to trinie: i still appreciate your generosity and willingness to translate this work had meh not return. i really look forward to another great translation. why not continue tigerwong's translation (as he has taken a long break from "a happy hero")? yeah???
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

To Patricia n, Thanks for your encouragement, but I think I want to start on a translation that no one has done yet. I also don't know if Happy Hero is a good story or not. However, that will be one that I may consider continuing. I will ask for some suggestions from Tiger and other GL fans.

Happy Hero is a great story, lot's of fun so far.

If you ever translate that, it would be great.

TO Dagger Lee,
    I didn't know that you liked GL stories more then JY's. Most people like JY more. I like both of them depending on which story.

TO DU GU Seeking a win, Thanks for letting me know but I have read parts of Xia Ke Xing and didn't really like it, so I definately won't be translating it... I also wanted to do a GL novel too since most people are doing JY's already. I think GL needs more credit for his works since a lot people put him down. Most of the series these days don't do his works any justice either. I hope that people will appreciate him more.
    Well I tend to have different opinions from other people. I find GL's characters more interesting than JY's characters.

To Patricia n, Thanks for your encouragement, but I think I want to start on a translation that no one has done yet. I also don't know if Happy Hero is a good story or not. However, that will be one that I may consider continuing. I will ask for some suggestions from Tiger and other GL fans.
    Umm isn't tigerwong translating that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    Umm isn't tigerwong translating that one?
    tigerwong was translating it...don't know if he still is. that's why i asked if trinie would somehow get in touch with tigerwong (only if trinie decides to continue with this translation) to see if he'll be okay with her continuing the translation as it's been quite a while now since the last update (over one year, i believe). plus, i cannot find a vietnamese version of this novel and am dying to read more about the friendship between the three men (or was it four?).

and trinie, trust me, from what i've read so far (thanks to tigerwong's excellent translation) it's extremely entertaining.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

To Patricia n, Thanks for your suggestion. I will consider continuing that one if Tiger Wong stops. But I need to ask him first.I don't know if he still comes to these forums or not though. I don't want to intrude on his great translation. You may not like it as much when I translate it. Therefore, I am thinking of starting on a novel that is good and hasn't been translated yet. If it is a good story and he is no longer translating it, I will try to continue when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    plus, i cannot find a vietnamese version of this novel and am dying to read more about the friendship between the three men (or was it four?).
    If you are talking about Happy Hero the story is called Giang Hồ Tứ Quái(JiangHuSi????, the world's 4 freaks) which supposed to be translated as Hoan Lạc Anh Hùng(Happy Hero).

http://www.nhanmonquan.com/?page=story&id=45

but this verison is quite different from the one TigerWong is translating, it must been one of the older verison of it, and some scenes are actually cut out.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 09-21-04 at 01:30 PM.