Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation of Little Li's Flying Dagger(cont...)

Did Guo SongYang at least try to kill Jin WuMing?

Or did Guo strictly concentrate on exposing Jin's sword technique without any serious offensive attempts?

It would be a shame if Guo died without putting up a real fight.

Guo might not be able to beat both ShangGuan JinHong and Jin together, but 1v1 vs Jin WuMing, I believe Guo has at least some hope of winning.

Would'nt killing Jin WuMing be better than exposing his moves?

Or maybe Guo thought that even if he could gain the upper hand against JWM, SGJH would have interfered to save his partner.

So Jin WuMing is also a sentimental swordsman, didn't expect that Interesting chapter.

remember lin xian er trick to get jin wu ming ?
    I supposed he fell in love with her.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

I thought he was gay. But oh well, still think Jin Wu Ming won't want to kill Lin Xian Er.

BTW, Where did Ling Ling's grandmother go?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Thumbs up Thks

Hiya gys,
    Thx Meh for another poignant tale of Dagger Li. Sad to see a good companion die ...
    I noticed this tale has a certain pervading atmosphere of being harsh but poignant [and of course filled with outrageous heroic luck] ... kinda like Lord of the Rings, near the end.
    -
    -
    Observations:
    1. Blue Scorpion still stared at him, a smile appeared on the side of her mouth. She said, “No one would ever regret meeting someone like you [Dagger Li]. It’s a shame we did not meet ten years ago…”
    --- I hope 10 years ago, she was not a lethal killer ...
    -
    2. LingLing must be prepping Dagger Li up [remember his jittery fingers?] for the battle ...
    --- quote: LingLing cut him off, “Actually, I know that once you leave here, you’ll never return. I’m just a kid. Why would a person like you care about a little girl like me?” ... Li XunHuan could only laugh bitterly. He said, “I promise I’ll return…”
    --- [of course, if Dagger Li died, it doesnt matter ]: quote: Li XunHuan said, “As long as I am alive, I’ll come back immediately after I see Guo SongYang.”
    -
    3. Hopefully this is not a foreshadow of bad events ...
    --- quote: LingLing jumped up and smiled. She said, “You really are a good person. For you, I’ll become a good person too. But no matter what, you can’t lie to me. If you do, I might become bad again.”
    -
    3. Guo Songyang's death ... like medieval knights [symbolically]
    --- quote: His body is now nearly frozen from the cold water, but he still held on to his sword, not letting go even in death.
    -
    4. Wonder if Songyang's death means (1) I saved your sorry behind. you owe me. Kowtow to/feed me once a while will you? (2) Or, You are now ready to kick their behind for me ...
    --- quote: LingLing said, “Why? Was he [Songyang's dead body] waiting for you?”
    Li XunHuan said, “Exactly.”
    LingLing asked, “Why wait for you when he’s already dead?”
    Li XunHuan said, “Because he has something to tell me.”
    -
    -
    questions:
    1. Wonder how they [Songyang, Wuming, JinHong] cut 60% of the forests leaves ...
    --- quote: About sixty percent of the leaves in the forest have fallen.
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. [Just interesting BS, however if you can convince me this is true ... haha. ]
    --- LingLing blinked her eyes and cut in, “But women don’t have to be moral. It’s within our rights. Because men are naturally stronger than women, they have to give in a bit to us.”
    -
    2. Blue Scorpion said, “Because of women like you, men have always looked down upon us. Because they look down at us, I’ve always sought revenge, to have done those things I did.”
    -
    3. Li XunHuan said, “As long as your heart is content, why should you worry about how others feel? You should live for yourself, not others.”

Spent the day reading translations, and I gotta say, XLFD is an incredible novel and character. Great job with the translation Meh!
    One thing that irks me though is that JWM isn't anything like what he was in the Taiwan Adaption. I always thought of that guy as pretty cool, but this one is just a @#$%^! (hopes for a change of heart in the next half of the book)
    Wandering the world,
    Sword in hand,
    Searching for a challenge,
    Begging for a loss...

Originally posted by charbydis
    I thought he was gay. But oh well, still think Jin Wu Ming won't want to kill Lin Xian Er.

BTW, Where did Ling Ling's grandmother go?
    hmmm.... I always thought that Ling Ling's grandmother was actually Lin Xian'Er. Maybe I was wrong..

BTW... why was Li Xun Huan's hands shaking before?? Was he poisoned by Ling2??

Anyway thanks for the update Meh..... Hopefully the last half of the books will be a breeze for you.....

hmmm.... I always thought that Ling Ling's grandmother was actually Lin Xian'Er. Maybe I was wrong..
    I think she was a third person. Either way... doesn't really matter.

BTW... why was Li Xun Huan's hands shaking before?? Was he poisoned by Ling2??
    Probably just from the despair or something.
    One thing that irks me though is that JWM isn't anything like what he was in the Taiwan Adaption. I always thought of that guy as pretty cool, but this one is just a @#$%^! (hopes for a change of heart in the next half of the book)
    Well, he's not anything like the taiwan adaptation. As for whether that makes him better or worse, I guess, is up to the reader. He'll play a bigger role later on, but not nearly as much as in the series.

1. Wonder how they [Songyang, Wuming, JinHong] cut 60% of the forests leaves ...
    Cause they're good?

As for why GSY did not even attempt to kill JWM. He knew he could not defeat both SGJH and JWM together. If he had gone all out against JWM, SGJH would've definitely interfered. Remember SGJH is not exactly the most righteous guy around.

It's arguable just who is the better swordsman, JWM or GSY. Personally, through reading this book and Bian Cheng Lang Zi(semi-sequel), I would go with JWM, but not by much. But basically, JWM and Ah Fei certainly are comparable to the top five fighters ranked.

Question:

how many chapter of this book?
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

well then... slightly more than halfway now

WHAT !!!!! 90 ?

Can someone just tell me will it be happy ending for Li Xun Huan or not??
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

dont worry, like liu xiao feng, usually it has some sequels within 90 chapters. so u dont need to read all of 90 chapter to know the ending of every sequel.

Luk Siu Fung is made up of several different novels in a series. This is one story, so yes, you would need to read all 90 chapters to know the ending.

So are you saying it like an advanture of Li Xun Huan kinda of things? from one advanture to another... hm, interesting..

I find Gulong writing are using simple sentence and who-questions like this:

Who would've thought that Mei Er would...

or

Who would've thought tha the neither blocked...

or from the Happy Hero of Tiger Wong's translation

But before starting, it felt like he should first give some kind of introductory speech.

What should he say?

and I feel like someone else telling me the story instead reading someone's story...

btw, I like Meh little commen's crack me up sometimes... ha,ha,ha,ha..
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Pretty surprised at all these posts, considering I haven't been updating this thread.

After I finish HSDS chapter 9, I'll translate some more of this again.

---

Anyway, it's easy to see the difference between GL and pretty much all other wuxia writers. GL's writing isn't about literature. It's about amusement and shock value.

I don't want to give away the ending, because this is actually one of the better endings GL has written. In that it actually makes sense and isn't ridiculously abrupt.

So he wasn't in a drunken state at the time?

Originally posted by Meh
    Pretty surprised at all these posts, considering I haven't been updating this thread.

We are all dagger li fanatics!!

although in general i still prefer JY to GL.
    Qing Ren Jian Ke, Wu Qing Jian is my all time fav.
    Top of the list! No 1!
    Beats LOCH at no 2.
    "Man is his own star; and the soul that can
    Render an honest and a perfect man,
    Commands all light, all influence, all fate;
    Nothing to him falls early or too late.
    Our acts our angels are, or good or ill,
    Our fatal shadows that walk by us still."

Qing Ren Jian Ke, Wu Qing Jian is my all time fav.
    I definitely agree

But ive always thought if GL is in like a drunken state, why didn't he just write something like:

Li XunHuan looked straight into Jin WuMing's eyes

A murderous air surrounded him

In a flash, his right hand raised and FRICKIN BLUE LASER BOLTS flew out of his hands

His inner strength reached its limit

...and so and so forth
    Names can be false, but not friends.
    I'm here to be your friend, so why ask me my name?

Wow.... lots of activity.... for sure I thought Meh has added another translation. I guess this shows the enthusiasm for Dagger Lee. I am not ready to declare Dagger Lee as my all time fav. yet but it is definitely high on my favorite list.

Waiting for your update Meh....

Here's the next chapter.

Chapter 47: Big Merriment Lady Buddha

Li XunHuan said, “The idea of craziness is not humorous, for only those with extreme passions can learn how to be ‘crazy’.

LingLing laughed, said, “You have to learn to be crazy?”

Li XunHuan said, “Of course, not everyone can learn how to be crazy. Crazy is not the same as retarded. Only someone crazy about the sword can learn the best sword arts. Only those crazy about love can taste the real love of others. People who are not crazy would never understand these things.”

LingLing lowered her head, trying to absorb these words.

After a long time, she sighed softly, said, “I’ve learned so much from you. Unfortunately… unfortunately, you’ll be leaving, and you won’t be taking me with you.”

Li XunHuan paused, then said, “At least I’ll take you back home.”

LingLing said, “Then why don’t we take the secret passage? It’s a lot easier that way.”

He laughed, then said tenderly, “Only those afraid of the light uses secret passages. Unless one absolutely has to, he really should not be using them.”

Although his heart is gloomy, Li XunHuan still tried to make others happier.

LingLing chuckled, said, “Fine. I’ll do what you say. In the future, I’ll never act like a rat.”

Li Xun looked up at the sky, sighed, and said, “Look at this place. Cool breeze, bright moon in the sky, and clear water flowing… How can a person who walks underground enjoy such things?”

LingLing said, “Yet I prefer a bright mooncake in the sky, and wine flowing on the ground…”

She sighed, and added, “To be honest, I’m really hungry. When we get back, the first thing I’m doing is to make some food…”

She suddenly stopped talking, because she smelled food and wine in the distance, carried here by the wind. Obviously, such a smell would carry quite far in the forest.

Li XunHuan said, “Fried chicken, Pork hot pot, peppers… and very fine wine.”

LingLing said, “You also smelled these things?”

Li XunHuan said, “When a man grows old, his ears might go deaf, his eyes might go blind, but his nose will always remain effective.”

LingLing said, “Do you know where the smell is coming from?”

Li XunHuan shook his head, said, “I only know that the little shop here does not have such great wine. Nor can they can they make such great tasting food.”

LingLing said, “Besides, that shop is now closed.”

Li XunHuan said, “Perhaps there’s a family who’s cooking late-night dinner.”

LingLing said, “That’s not possible. I know every single family in this town. None of them are rich. Even if they do have a late-night meal, it would be at most a bowl of noodles.”

Li XunHuan muttered, “Perhaps they had relatives visiting. So they are cooking something special…”

LingLing said, “That’s not possible either. None of the wives in these families could cook such great food.”

She smiled, and continued, “Only one person here can cook such food.”

Li XunHuan smiled, said, “Who?”

LingLing pointed at her own nose, and said with a smile, “Me.”

She thought for a moment, then said, “That’s why I’m so surprised. If I’m not cooking, then where’s the smell coming from?”

Li XunHuan said, “The smell is coming from your home.”

The road is silent.

Everyone in the town sleeps early. All the candles are blown out. Yet when they arrived in the maple forest, bright light came from LingLing’s home.

Not only did the scent of wine and food came from LingLing’s home, but also sounds of chatting.

LingLing froze.

Li XunHuan said, “Perhaps your lady’s back?”

LingLing said, “No. She said she’d be away for at least three months.”

Li XunHuan said, “Well, you often have guests there anyway. Perhaps the guests couldn’t find the host, and decided to cook themselves.”

LingLing said, “I’ll take a look first. You…”

Li XunHuan said, “Actually, I should go first.”

LingLing said, “Why? These people are drinking, dining, and causing a huge racket. Surely they’re not hostile. I won’t be in any trouble.”

Li XunHuan said, “It’s just that I’m quite hungry too.”

He stepped in front of LingLing, and walked very cautiously. He seemingly sensed a trap in the house, waiting for him to fall in.

The door’s open.

When Li XunHuan walked through the door, he froze.

He’s never seen so many fat women ever.

There are twice as many fat women inside, than he had seen his whole life.

Over ten women sat in the room. They all sat on the floor, because they won’t fit on any chair. If they try to sit on one, that chair would break apart.

No one can claim that they’re as fat as pigs, because not even pigs are this fat. And pigs would never eat as much as they.

When Li XunHuan walked in, they were serving a large bowl of fried chicken. These fat women sat around the table eating.

There’s a large silk quilt by the table. The fattest woman sat on it. Six men surrounded her.

Every single one of them wore colorful robes. They’re all quite young, and fairly handsome. Some even have makeup on their faces.

None of them are skinny. But compared to this woman, they look like little monkeys.

One man massaged her feet. One massaged her shoulders. One waved a fan for her, One held a cup, and fed her wine.

Two men curled by her feet. She held a large fried chicken in her hand. When she’s happy, she’d feed a piece or two.

Thankfully, Li XunHuan had not eaten in a while. Otherwise, he’d throw up right now. Li XunHuan had never seen anything so appalling in his whole life.

But he did not leave. Instead walked in calmly.

All sound stopped. All eyes looked at him.

At this moment, anyone else would feel uncomfortable, nervous.

But not Li XunHuan.

Even if he were nervous, it would not appear on his face.

He still walked calmly. Even if he walked through the imperial palace, it would still be in this fashion. Li XunHuan is simply this type of a person.

The fattest woman squinted her eyes.

Her eyes are pretty big, but looked like a thin line when surrounded by so much meat. Her neck might be naturally wide, but it’s almost nonexistent with so much meat on it.

Sitting there, she looked like a mountain, a mountain of meat.

Li XunHuan walked in front of her, smiled, and said, “Big Merriment Lady Buddha?”

This woman’s eyes brightened. She said, “You know who I am?”

Li XunHuan said, “I’ve heard of you for quite a while.”

Big Merriment Lady Buddha said, “Yet you didn’t run away.”

Li XunHuan said, “Why would I run away?”

Big Merriment Lady Buddha laughed.

At first, the laugh seemed normal. But suddenly, her whole body started to shake.

Everyone in the room shook with her. There was originally a man on her back. But her tremble sprung him off.

The plates on the table started to vibrate, as if there was an earthquake.

Thankfully, her laughter stopped quickly. She stared at Li XunHuan, said, “Although I don’t know who you are, I do know your intention.”

Li XunHuan said, “Really?”

Big Merriment Lady Buddha said, “You’re here because of Blue Scorpion, right?”

Li XunHuan said, “Yes!”

Big Merriment Lady Buddha said, “She killed one of my favorite disciple. Was it because of you?”

Li XunHuan said, “Yes.”

Big Merriment Lady Buddha said, “You want to save her?”

Li XunHuan said, “Yes.”

Big Merriment Lady Buddha smiled. She said, “Looks like you’re a pretty decent man. At least it was worth her while to kill my disciple.”

Big Merriment Lady Buddha raised her thumb and said, “Blue Scorpion is a remarkable woman. She’s honorable and brave. After killing my disciple, instead of running away, she actually came to see me. I’ve never seen a woman like her. You two really are a match made in heaven.”

Li XunHuan said, “If you consent to this match, I’d be forever grateful.”

Big Merriment Lady Buddha said, “You want to take her away?”

Li XunHuan said, “Yes.”

Big Merriment Lady Buddha said, “What if I already killed her?”

Li XunHuan said, “If so… I just might have to avenge her death!”