Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sentimental Swordsman, Ruthless Sword Ch. 63 Onwards (Little Li Flying Dagger)

Default Sentimental Swordsman, Ruthless Sword Ch. 63 Onwards (Little Li Flying Dagger)

Hi all. I've decided to take on the task of completing the translation of Gu Long's "Duoqing Jianke, Wuqing Jian". This translation was originally started by Meh but he stopped at Ch.62 some time ago. After talking to Trinie who was originally suppose to continue the translation but is currently bogged down by schoolwork, I'll try my best to work through to the end.

Since its been so long since the last update, here is a short summary of the recent happenings in the few chapters before:

Li XunHuan has met up once again with Ah Fei, and has realized that Ah Fei is only a shadow of his former self. For the past few years, Lin XianEr has been slowly drugging him. Combined with the fact this his spirit has softened up due to love, Ah Fei's skills are nowhere near their former level.

Li XunHuan in an effort to bring Ah Fei back to his old form, makes a deal with Lu FengXian. In exchange for any request in the future, Lu FengXian would purposely lose to Ah Fei so that he can regain his confidence. This happens and afterwards, Li XunHuan has another request for Lu FengXian, this time not as a deal but this time as a favor for a friend. He asks him to kill Lin XianEr.

Afterwards, Ah Fei sees three figures pass by. The first is Old Man Sun. The second is Jin WuMing. The third is ShangGuan Fei. After trailing them for some time, he sees Jin WuMing and ShangGuan Fei at the top of a hill facing off. ShangGuan Fei accuses Jin WuMing of stealing his place as ShangGuan JinHong's favorite, that ever since Jin WuMing was born out of wedlock, ShangGuan Fei's mother's place was displaced and he had known nothing but sadness since then.

ShangGuan Fei attacks because he is confident that with Jin WuMing's left arm crippled, he had no chance of winning. But to his shock, Jin WuMing attacked with his right arm! In all the years that they trained together, he had never seen Jin WuMing training with his right arm. And his sword went straight into ShangGuan Fei's throat.

Afterwards, Li XunHuan explained that ShangGuan Fei was wrong. The reason that ShangGuan JinHong didn't teach ShangGuan Fei his top killing arts was because he loved his son, and didn't want his own son to lose his humanity.

Chapters 1-25 :
    http://spcnet.tv/gulong/xiaolifeidao...feidao01.shtml

Chapters 26-62 :
    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=694

Enjoy the rest of the story!
    Last edited by bliss; 04-02-05 at 01:41 AM.

Default Chapter 63 - A Severing of Relationships

Chapter 63 - A Severing of Relationships

An autumn forest, a dried and withered forest.

Just past this decayed forest lies a remote and secluded path. Ah Fei pointed at a light at the far end of the road and said, "That is my home."

Home.

This word in the ears of Li XunHuan is a totally foreign and unfamiliar word.

Ah Fei, with his eyes still focused on the light in the distance continued, "The lamps are still lit, she must not be asleep yet."

In the small house, there was a bright lamp, a thick cotton dress, and the fluttering eyebrows of a beautiful woman. She sat diligently sewing clothes under the lamp light, patiently waiting for her most intimate person to return to her side.

What an extremely beautiful picture.

Just the though of this picture filled Ah Fei's heart with sweet longing and warmth, and those pair of razor sharp eyes became soft and gentle.

He had always been a solitary and lonely person, but now, he knows that there is someone waiting for him ... the person he loves the most in the world is waiting for him.

This feeling is definitely a joyous one, a feeling that is incomparable to any other, a feeling that can't be replaced by anything else in the world.

Li XunHuan's heart sunk.

Seeing the that look of happiness on Ah Fei's face, he coudln't help but feel guilty.

He originally had not intended to disappoint Ah Fei. He couldn't imagine what Ah Fei's reaction would be when Ah Fei discovered that Lin XianEr wasn't there.

Although what he was doing was for Ah Fei's own good, to allow him to live on happily and righteously like a true man, Li XunHuan still felt that in some way he was wronging his friend.

"A long sadness cannot compare to a short one."

Li XunHuan just hoped that Ah Fei would recover quickly from the sadness that was to come, and would quickly forget all about her as well. She wasn't worth his love and wasn't worth his moping over.

Unfortunately, people always fall in love with those whom they shouldn't fall in love with. Because emotions are like an unbridled horse, completely uncontrollable and inescapable. This is one of the saddest truths of being human. And because of this, there is no end to the tragedies that befall us all.

The lamp is bright, and the door is slightly opened. Light seeps through the crack and illuminates the path outside. The road was soaked with rain from the night before and under the lamp light were a track of disordered footprints. They were the footprints of a man.

"Who has come here before?" Ah Fei said as he furrowed his brow, but slowly he became at ease again.

He had always trusted Lin XianEr. He believed that she would never do anything to betray that trust.

Li XunHuan followed him from a short distance as if he was afraid of stepping foot inside that house.

Ah Fei turned around and said smilingly, "I hope the stew that she is cooking tonight doesn't have any bamboo shoots in it. You can try a little and you'll discover that her skills in the kitchen are even better than her skills with the blade."

Li XunHuan smiled in response. Who would have known that this smile was full of so much grief?

The big bowl of beef rib soup really didn't have bamboo shoots in it. Li XunHuan just couldn't figure out her secret. Perhaps what happens today will really be completely different.

Li XunHuan simply couldn't imagine how a woman could use such cruel methods to deceive someone who loved and cared for her so much.

"But how am I any different, I'm deceiving him as well." Li XunHuan thought to himself.

"Why can't I just tell him honestly, that Lin XianEr is no longer here, and that it was all my idea." Li XunHuan bent down and let out an agonizing cough.

Ah Fei looked back at him and said, "If only you were willing to live with me here for some time, that cough of yours would go away. Because there is no wine here, only soup."

But he would never know just how damaging that "soup" was to his body, much more damaging than any wine could ever be.

Not a single sound could be heard from inside the house.

"She must be in the kitchen. Otherwise, she would have definitely come out to welcome you." Ah Fei said.

Li XunHuan didn't answer him because he just didn't know what he should say.

Finally the door was opened. The small living room was as clean as before. The lamp on the table wasn't lit but still emitted warmth.

Ah Fei let out a long sigh of relief. He had finally returned home safe and sound. He didn't let her down. But where was she? Where could she be?

There weren't any lights on in the kitchen, let alone warm soup waiting for him. The door of Lin XianEr's room was shut tightly.

Ah Fei looked back at Li XunHuan who still stood in the doorway and said, "She must have already went to bed. She always falls asleep really early."

Li XunHuan wanted to let out a smile but the muscles on his face tensed up. He heard faint moans from inside the room, they were the moans of a woman.

The moans of a dying woman!

The voice was definitely coming from inside Lin XianEr's room.

Li XunHuan's face changed colors, he dashed towards the door and banged on it. "Are you alright? Please open the door!"

There was no answer. The moaning stopped as well. Whoever was inside was obviously trying to respond but couldn't let out a single word.

Ah Fei began sweating profusely and rammed the door open with his shoulder.

Li XunHuan shut his eyes. He didn't want to see the look on Ah Fei's face right now. The look on the face of someone who is witnessing his lover in her dying breath, who would want to see such a thing?

Not only did Li XunHuan not dare to look, nor could he bear to look, he simply didn't even want to entertain the thought of it.

But when the door was opened, he didn't hear anything. Could it be that Ah Fei was so struck by the scene that he fainted?

Li XunHuan opened his eyes and saw Ah Fei still standing in the doorway of Lin XianEr's room.

But the strange thing was the look on Ah Fei's face was not one of sadness but one of bewilderment.

What had just happened in that room? Li XunHuan just couldn't figure it out.

Blood.

The first thing Li XunHuan saw was blood. Then he saw the person lying over the pool of blood.

But he never would have guessed that the person lying there in a pool of blood, breathing her last breath, was LingLing.

Li XunHuan's blood froze. Ah Fei calmly looked over the body that lay on the floor. A strange expression came over his face. Did he just figure something out?

He didn't ask "What is this young girl doing here?"

Instead, he coldly asked, "This time, was she waiting for you here again?"

Li XunHuan felt as if his heart was split open.

He rushed over picking up the bloodsoaked LingLing in his arms, and tested her for a pulse and breath.

He only hoped that it wasn't too late to save her life. He was desperate.

LingLing finally opened her eyes and saw Li XunHuan. Tears fell from her eyes.

These were tears of sorrow, yet they were also tears of joy.

Before her death, she was able to see Li XunHuan one last time.

Li XunHuan's eyes were overflowing with tears now, and said in a soft comforting voice, "You are so young, there's no way you will die."

LingLing appeared as if she didn't hear his words at all, and said in a trembling voice,

"This time you were wrong."

"This time I was wrong" Li XunHuan said half-sobbingly.

"You should have known, there isn't a man alive who would be willing to kill her." LingLing said.

Li XunHuan's voice had almost become silent, "I've dragged you down into this, I have wronged you."

LingLing struggled to take a hold of his hand. "You have always been good to me. You're not the one who has wronged me. It is him."

"Him?"

"He tricked me, and I ... I've tricked you too."

"You didn't ..."

Her fingernails started to dig into his skin. "I've deceived you ... I had long lost my virginity to him. When I was here waiting for you ... I just hated myself for not telling you from the beginning."

Her voice suddenly became much clearer, as if she was full of energy again. But Li XunHuan knew it was just an illusion. If it weren't for her youthfulness, there was no way she could have lived until now.

"I tried my best to stay alive until moment, because I wanted to explain this to you, because if you can understand, then I can die with no regrets."

"It was my fault to begin with, it was my fault for not protecting you ..."

"Even though he deceived me, I don't hate him. Because I know he will definitely receive retribution, he will receive a punishment that is ten times worse ten mine."

"It was him..."

Before Li XunHuan could finish his sentence, Ah Fei forcefully pushed pushed him aside.

He stared at LingLing and asked, "You lead Lu FengXian to this place?"

LingLing bit down on her lip.

"It was him that asked you to bring Lu FengXian here?"

LingLing suddenly exhausted her remaining strength and shouted out all in one breath, "Yes, it was him, but do you know for what reason he is doing this? Do you know how much he has done for you? For you ..."

Her voice abruptly cracked and she stopped breathing.

Extremely serene, she died an extremely serene death.

There was no further movement from her body, and there was no further sound from her mouth.

Except for the wind that still blew, everything including the ground itself seemed to lose all of its vitality. Everything had seemingly transformed into a graveyard. A graveyard in which all life could be buried in.

But even the sound of the wind seemed to weep in sorrow. Its cry could shatter one's heart.

After who knows how long, Ah Fei finally stood straight up. But he didn't cast one glance at Li XunHuan. He just coldly asked, "Why did you do this for?"

Normally Li XunHuan would've answered this question without hesitation. But at this moment he didn't say a single word.

He knew that by saying anything he would not only cause himself pain, but it would be hard for others to endure as well.

Ah Fei still didn't turn to face him, and slowly continued, "You thought she was the one who was causing me to fall into depression. That if she were to leave me, that I would regain my livelihood. But did you know that without her, there's no way I could live on?"

Li XunHuan sullenly replied, "I only hoped that you would stop being deceived, that you could find someone who was worthy of your love and affection, and that, you could totally forget all this unhappiness in your life."

Ah Fei seemed shocked and replied, "You think that she has been deceiving me? And that she isn't worth my affection?"

"I only know this, that ever since you met her, she has brought nothing but misfortune."

"And how do you know whether I am happy, or that I'm unhappy?"

Ah Fei finally turned and stared at Li XunHuan and said angrily, "Who do you think you are? Trying to control my every thought and trying to control my destiny? You're nothing. You're just a fool who's lying to himself. You let the woman you love walk straight into hands of danger, and then you think of yourself as all high and noble."

Every word he spoke was as sharp as a needle. No other words in the world could hurt Li XunHuan more.

Ah Fei gritted his teeth and continued, "And even if all she brought to me was misfotune, what about you? What do you bring to those around you? Lin ShiYin's happiness was totally ruined by you. And you're still not satisfied, you still have to come and ruin mine?"

Li XunHuan's hands began to tremble, and before he could even bend down, he was already coughing up blood.

Ah Fei took a few long glances at him before turning around and began walking towards the door. Before Li XunHuan had even stopped coughing, he lunged towards the door and blocked the exit.

"What do you still want?" Ah Fei said.

Li XunHuan wiped the blood off his mouth with his sleeve and caught his breath.

"You ... you're going to look for her?"

"Yes!"

"You can't go!"

"Says who?"

"I said so. Because even if you can find her and bring her back, it'll only be more painful. Sooner or later, the day will come when she will destroy you ... I can't bare to watch you suffer under the hands of this kind of woman."

Ah Fei was already holding on very tightly, but with each word that Li XunHuan spoke, his grip tightened even more. His fingers started to turn white from all the pressure.

His face started turning pale as well. The colors of his eyes had turned a bright fiery red.

"You're being apart from her now will only cause you temporary pain. But if you stay together with her, that pain will last a lifetime. When you two separated, you should've seen clearly just what happenend ..."

Ah Fei interrupted him, "You've always been my friend."

"Yes."

"Up until now, you are still my friend."

"Yes."

"But from now on, we are friends no longer!"

A total look of shock came upon Li XunHuan's face. "Why?"

"Because I can endure you insulting me, but I cannot forgive you for insulting her!"

"You think I'm merely insulting her?"

"I've put up with so much until now, because we've always been friends. But from this day forward, if you dare insult her one more time, that insult will have to be washed away with blood!" Ah Fei's body was shaking now as he spoke, "Whether it be mine or yours!"

Li XunHuan appeared as if someone had punched him hard in the chest. He took two steps back towards the side of the door.

He clenched his mouth closed but blood still dripped down from the sides of his cheek.

"I'm going to go look for her now, and no matter what I will find her. I hope you are not planning to follow me. Because if you are, you will live to regret it!" Ah Fei said, while not even looking at Li XunHuan.

After those words, he walked out of the house.

Tears usually taste salty. But some tears tend to flow inwards back into our stomach.

These tears not only taste salty, but incredibly bitter.

Blood usually tastes salty as well. But the blood of a broken hearted person, that blood will taste even more bitter than tears.

Li XunHuan had no idea how long he had been coughing up blood now, but his sleeves were already dyed red. He had no way of standing up straight either.

The footprints on the floor were all stained with blood. Li XunHuan suddenly remembered the set of disordered footprints that he saw earlier outside and his heart turned freezing cold.

Ah Fei would definitely find her. Because Lin XianEr will secretly leave traces along her path, so that he could find her.

It didn't even have to be anything substantial, because Ah Fei was naturally gifted at tracking people down.

His skills at tracking were probably even superior to trained dogs.

But what happens when he does catch up?

Its almost certain that Ah Fei will challenge Lu FengXian to fight to the death.

Lin XianEr loved watching men fight to the death for her.

Just thinking about the scenario made Li XunHuan break out in cold sweat.

At the present, Ah Fei is no match for Lu FengXian. The only person who could save him now is Li XunHuan, however ...

"I hope you are not planning to follow me. Because if you are, you will live to regret it!"

And Li XunHuan knew that Ah Fei always meant every word he says!

Furthermore, it was extremely dark outside now.

Li XunHuan's ability at tracking people were nowhere near Ah Fei's level. Even if he wanted to chase after them, his chance of success was close to zero.

Li XunHuan struggled to stand. He picked up LingLing's body, placed her on the bed, and covered her with a blanket.

No matter the consequences, he would go after them. Li XunHuan had made up his mind.

Even if Ah Fei no longer considers him to be a friend, Li XunHuan will always will always consider Ah Fei to be his friend.

His friendship towards Ah Fei will never change.

Its the same with his love. Even if the seas dry up and the mountains split, his heart would never change.

"ShiYin, ShiYin, how have you been?"
    Last edited by bliss; 02-26-05 at 05:50 PM.

Nice job! We have a continued translation!

Hrm. Poor LXH. I guess I should've seen that coming -_-

Awesome

Default Note on Ch. 64

Just a small note: Long Xiao4Yun is Li XunHuan's sworn brother, the one that betrayed him. Long Xiao3Yun is his son. Just wanted to clear that up because it can get quite confusing when there is dialogue between the two.

Enjoy!

Default Chapter 64 - The Source of Troubles

Chapter 64 - The Source of Troubles

Just the thought of Lin ShiYin brought a sharp pain to Li XunHuan's heart.

But he didn't feel the need to go look for her. Because he knew that Long Xiao4Yun would definitely treat her well. Even though Long Xiao4Yun had changed, he knew that the way Long felt for Lin ShiYin remained the same.

As long as he remained faithful to Lin ShiYin, Li XunHuan could forgive everything.

At this moment, one really couldn't describe the joy in Long Xiao4Yun's mood.

In a few days, he would have to take the position of Second-In-Command in the Gold Currency Union, becoming the sworn brother of the most influential and powerful person in the world.

One could even see from his son's facial expression that his mood had gotten much better.

But the only one who caused him to have regrets was his wife.

"Why didn't she come along with me? Why didn't she come to share in my glory and success?"

But he refused to let this drag down his mood.

For some people, their greatest desire in life is wealth. For others, it is power.

If one can obtain these two, pain and suffering in the matters of their personal lives will be lessened.

Long Xiao3Yun was staring out the window, but his mind focused on nothing in particular.

Long Xiao4Yun tapped his son on the shoulder and asked, "Do you think that ShangGuan JinHong will come in person this time to greet us?"

Long Xiao3Yun turned around and replied, "Of course he will, and the ceremony will certainly be grand."

Long Xiao4Yun nodded in agreement and said, "I thought the same thing, I'm already his sworn brother. By him giving me face, he is giving himself face."

His voice dipped as he asked, "When he does arrive, do you think I should address him as Chief, or as Big Brother?"

Long Xiao3Yun replied, "Of course address him as Big Brother. I'll have to change my habits too and remember to start calling him Uncle."

Long Xiao4Yun let out a hearty laugh and said, "To have an Uncle such as him, you are really fortunate. But ..."

His laughter stopped as he continued, "Li XunHuan is still alive. Do you think ShangGuan JinHong will go back on his word?"

Long Xiao3Yun answered with a smile, "All the heroes of the world know about this event. The letters of invitation have already been sent outo. If he does go back on his word, he will lose all credibility and no one will believe anything he says ever again."

A smile came back to Long Xiao4Yun's face. "You are correct. His reputation in the martial arts world is based on his word. His word cannot be retracted once it leaves his mouth. Even if ShangGuan JinHong wanted to change his mind, its too late now."

The papers on his desk were numerous, in fact they seemed to pile up more and more each day.

The scope of his responsibilities seemed to get broader and broader each day as well.

The reason for this is because every single matter required his personal attention and judgment.

He didn't trust anyone.

ShangGuan JinHong was at his desk late into the morning, working without rest for quite some time. Not only was he not tired at all, but he was rather enjoying himself.

The door opened.

A person walked in.

ShangGuan JinHong didn't even bother to turn his head to see who it was. Because he knew there was only one person who could walk right into his room.

Jing WuMing.

Jing WuMing did as he had always done, upon entering the room he walked right up behind ShangGuan JinHong.

"Where is Li XunHuan?" ShangGuan JinHong asked.

"He has left." Jing WuMing answered.

ShangGuan JinHong finally turned his head to face Jing WuMing.

After just that one glance, his gaze fell towards Jing WuMing's broken arm. Then he went back to his business. He didn't say another word and didn't exude a single sense of emotion.

There wasn't a trace of emotion on Jing WuMing's face either. His morbidly pale eyes were gazing into the distance.

It was as if nothing had changed at all.

He wasn't questioned, nor was he comforted.

Whether his arms were broken or his legs were broken, it was of no concern to ShanGuan JinHong.

After some time, there was a knock at the door.

Another large pile of documents were brought in.

All of them were yellow but there was a red one which stood out.

ShangGuan JinHong opened this letter first and glanced over it quickly. It only contained these words: "Meet at the old place, Lu FengXian will be there waiting."

ShangGuan JinHong quietly stood up and seemed deep in thought. Then he promptly made a decision.

He slowly walked out.

Jing WuMing followed him closely like his shadow.

The two walked out the door, through a secret passage, past an open courtyard, past a guard who bowed respectfully, and out into the bright sunlight.

The late autumn sun is like a woman in the later years of her life. She no longer has the power to move men's hearts.

The two were still walking one in front of the other ... but suddenly, Jing WuMing noticed that the rhythm in ShangGuan JinHong's steps had slightly changed.

Jing WuMing could no longer coordinate in unison with him.

Although ShangGuan JinHong hadn't increased his pace, the distance between them was slowly getting larger and larger.

Jing WuMing's steps became slower and slower and he eventually stopped altogether.

ShangGuan JinHong didn't turn around. He merely saw JinWuMing's shadow gradually move further away.

Those deathly grey eyes of his slowly revealed an indescribably and profoundly deep sorrow ...

A dense pine forest.

So thick that light barely shines through all year long.

Although it was dark, the air wasn't humid. The winds carried the fresh smell of the evergreens.

Lin XianEr was resting along the side of a tree, holding tightly onto Lu FengXian's hand. Her captivating and seductive eyes never left his face.

Lu FengXian's face was pale, and wrinkles began to appear at the corners of his eyes.

The autumn wind entered the forest and brought a gentle comforting aura with it.

Lin XianEr asked in her gentle voice, "Do you have any regrets?"

Lu FengXian shooked his head and replied, "Regrets? Why would I have any regrets? With you, no man in the world would ever feel any regets."

She swooned into his arms and softly asked, "Am I really that special?"

Lu FengXian embraced her by the waist and said with a smile, "Of course you are, you're better than I have ever dreamed of, better than anyone could ever imagine ..."

His hands slowly made their way up and down her body.

Lin XianEr started breathing heavily and let out a tender cry, "Not now ..."

"Why?" Lu FengXian asked impatiently.

Lin XianEr bit the side of her lips and said, "You have to save your strength to deal with ShangGuan JinHong."

She twisted her body as if trying to avoid him but it seemed as if she was inviting him at the same time.

Lu FengXian paused for a moment before he started caressing her again and said mischievously, "I can deal with you first and then deal with him later."

"You musn't underestimate him. He isn't as easy to take care of as you think." she said.

"You don't think I'm a match for him?" Lu FengXian asked.

"No thats not what I mean, its just that ... " Lin XianEr replied.

She started to nibble lightly on Lu FengXian's ear and gently whispered, "Once you kill ShangGuan JinHong, the entire world will be ours. We'll have plenty of time to be together in the future, why rush anything now?"

Her sweet words in the autumn wind sound like a beautiful song.

Lu FengXian's heart softened and he held on to her even tighter and said, "You really care this much about me ..."

His voice suddenly stopped.

Lin XianEr quickly pushed herself out of his embrace as well.

A unique set of footsteps emanated throughout the dense forest. In actuality, there is nothing particularly sepcial about this set of footsteps. But for some reason each step sounded like one's own heart wass being trampled on.

The sound of the footsteps stopped.

ShangGuan JinHong stood under the shade of a pine tree in front of them. He stood there silently, not saying a single word, not moving a single muscle. He looked like a mountain of ice. An unscalable mountain of ice.

Lu FengXian's beathing suddenly paused as these words came out of his mouth, "ShangGuan JinHong?"

"Lu FengXian?" ShangGuan JinHong asked from behind a large bamboo hat that covered his eyes. Not only did he not answer him, he replied with his own question instead.

"Yes" Lu FengXian finally answered.

But right after he answered, Lu FengXian regretted that he had answered at all. Because he felt that he had lost the initiative and instead the initiative was now in ShangGuan JinHong's hands.

ShangGuan JinHong let out a cold smile and said, "Very good, Lu FengXian is definitely worth me dealing with personally."

Lu FengXian laughed coldly, "If you weren't ShangGuan JinHong, you wouldn't be worth killing either."

After he finished his sentence, he regretted it again.

Although his words were filled with killer intent, it seemed as if he was merely imitating ShangGuan JinHong.

ShangGuan JinHong stood silently for some time, and suddenly shot a glance over at Lin XianEr under his bamboo hat.

Lin XianEr was still standing by the tree, her eyes had slowly changed from soft and gentle to intensely hot.

She knew blood would be spilled very soon.

She adored seeing men spilling their blood for her!

"Come over here." ShangGuan JinHong said to her.

Lin XianEr feigned a look of distresss. She looked over at Lu FengXian, then glanced at ShangGuan JinHong.

Lu FengXian laughed and said, "She won't come to you."

She again exchanged glances between ShangGuan JinHong and Lu FengXian.

Lin XianEr knew that she had to choose one of them now.

She knew that whoever she chose had better be the victor.

But who would be victorious?

ShangGuan JinHong still stood there stoically, his eyes beaming with confidence.

Lu FengXian's breathing had become irregular, and he started to look worried.

Lin XianEr suddenly started laughing at him.

Lu FengXian silently cursed under his breath as Lin XianEr fluttered towards ShangGuan JinHong like a swallow.

She had made her choice. She knew that her choice would not be wrong!

Lu FengXian's pupils began to shrink, and his heart began to shrink as well.

This was the first time in his life that he tasted insult, and it was the first time that he tasted defeat. These two pains compounded together were twice as hard to endure!

He also took another double hit. Both his self-respect and his self-confidence had been completely shattered.

His hands started to tremble.

ShangGuan JinHong looked at him coldly and said, "You've already lost!"

Lu FengXian's hands began trembling violently.

"I won't kill you, because you are not worth me killing anymore!" ShangGuan JinHong said.

ShangGuan JinHong turned around and started to walk away.

Lin XianEr followed behind him. After a few steps, she turned to Lu FengXian and said with a giggle, "I think you'd be better off dead."

Lu FengXian had lost this battle before even making a single move.

In his mind, he knew that he had already lost.

He had not bled a single drop of blood, but his soul and his livelihood had been crushed. His courage and his confidence had been destroyed.

Seeing ShangGuan JinHong walking out of the forest, he no longer had any courage to pursue him.

Even though ShangGuan JinHong hadn't attacked, he had already taken Lu FengXian's life.

"I think you'd be better off dead."

There really was no point in living anymore.

Lu FengXian suddenly fell to the ground and started weeping bitterly.

Lin XianEr ran off to ShangGuan JinHong's side and held him by the hand.

"I only have eyes for you now!" she said sweetly.

"Me?" ShangGuan JinHong replied.

"Although Jing WuMing kills with the swiftest of swords, you're even faster than him. Because ... because you can kill without even raising a finger!" she said.

"That is because I have yet to meet a single person who is worthy of me lifting a finger." he replied.

"The number of people in this world who are a match for you is certainly small ... I think there is only one," she said as her eyes gleamed with excitement.

"Li XunHuan?" ShangGuan JinHong said.

Lin XianEr let out a sigh and said, "This person is someone who can disappear at anytime, but is also someone who tends to never go away. Sometimes I just don't know what kind of person he is. Is he a gentleman? An idiot? Or a hero?"

"It seems like you've always been quite interested in him." ShangGuan JinHong replied coldly.

Lin XianEr laughed and said, "Of course I have to show interest in him. Because I do not want to die under his hands."

"Hmm?"

"Even towards a lover, over time a person's interest will slowly wane. But when it comes to an enemy, that is not the case." Lin XianEr responded.

She stared up at ShangGuan JinHong and said, "I'm sure you understand this idea better than anyone."

"There are many kinds of interest. Do you hate him? Are you scared of him? Or do you love him?" ShangGuan JinHong replied.

Lin XianEr laughed and said, "You're slowly becoming jealous aren't you?"

ShangGuan JinHong lowered his head and said, "What about Ah Fei?"

"Of course he is jealous too." she replied.

"I only want to know, why didn't you kill him?" ShangGuan JinHong asked.

"I want to know too, why didn't Jing WuMing kill him?" she asked back.

"I originally intended for you to kill him, you couldn't bear to do it?" ShangGuan JinHong replied.

"Killing someone is easy. Making someone listen to your every word is much harder. Up until now, I've never seen someone as obedient as he is." Lin XianEr said.

She threw herself into ShangGuan JinHong's chest and said, "I didn't come to look for you to argue. If you really want me to kill him, there are still plenty of opportunities to do so in the future. I'll do as you please."

No one could be upset with her.

She is like an extremely expensive cat. If she accidentally scratches you with her claws, even before you can feel the pain she is already lapping at you affectionately with her tongue.

ShangGuan JinHong stared intently at her face.

Under the setting sun, her face looked so delicate that even a gentle touch could ruin it. The gentle autumn wind cannot even compare with a single breath that left her mouth.

ShangGuan JinHong slowly lowered his head.

He pressed his lips against her. Lin XianEr suddenly lifted her head from his chest and fell to ground.

ShangGuan JinHong's eyes rolled backwards. But his posture didn't change. Even the tips of his fingers stayed perfectly still.

He didn't cast a single glance at Lin XianEr but instead was staring at a patch of withered yellow grass.

There was nothing on that patch of grass. But after some time, the image of a person gradually appeared.

Someone had come!

This person's shadow was dragged out by the evening sun.

His footsteps did not make a sound. This person's footsteps were as light as a fox.

ShangGuan JinHong still didn't turn his head. Lin XianEr who was still on the floor had started moaning.

The person's shadow was much closer now. It stopped right behind ShangGuan JinHong.

A voice started speaking, "I never kill a person from behind. But this time, I will have to make an exception!"

This person's voice was normally cold and resolute, but because of anger and anxiety, it was shaky.

This tone of voice was definitely what someone sounds like before they kill.

But ShangGuan JinHong didn't move. He didn't even say a word.

The shadow on the ground raised its hand.

There was a sword in that hand, but it hadn't yet stabbed out. The voice again asked, "You're still not going to turn around?"

ShangGuan JinHong responded casually, "I can still kill someone standing behind me. Why should I bother to turn around?"

After he finished, the moaning stopped too.

Lin XianEr's eyes dropped wide open, and let out a cry, "Ah Fei!"

She got up from ShangGun JinHong's side and walked over. Her shadow intermingled with the shadow on the ground.

ShangGuan JinHong gazed at the two shadows on the ground. Then, he started walking ahead slowly ... and stopped as he stepped over the two shadows on the ground.

The sword in Ah Fei's hand had dropped to the floor.

Lin XianEr held his hand was whispering repeatedly, "You really came, I knew you would come ..."

She repeated that same line over and over, each time softer, gentler, and sweeter than the last.

Her tender voice could melt mountains of ice.

Ah Fei's heart was already starting to melt. His sense or urgency, resentment, and hatred had subsided.

"I knew that when you didn't see me, you'd be very worried and would come looking for me." she said.

Seeing the the color of Ah Fei's face turn palish green, her eyes suddenly turned red and she said weepingly, "In trying to find me, you must have suffered alot."

"As long as I've found you, I'm already content." Ah Fei said.

No matter what the consequence, he would risk it to find her.

No matter what he had to suffer, he would endure it to find her.

"As long as I've found you, I'm already content."

Nine words. In just these nine words were an immeasurable amount of emotion. One probably can't express such emotion even with nine hundred thousand words.

Suddenly, the sword flashed!

The sword that was on the floor shot up, the flash of light was quick like the strike of a snake, and the sword entered into the person's hand.

All of a sudden ShangGuan JinHong was standing in front of them.

His emotionless gaze was focused at the tip of the sword. This sword was but an ordinary steel sword. A sword that Ah Fei had "borrowed" from a traveler along the way.

But ShangGun JinHong seemed interested in this sword.

With Lin XianEr at his side, there was nothing that could draw away Ah Fei's attention.

But now, he finally realized that there was another person here. A person that he had intented to kill.

Now, his sword was already in that person's hands.

That ordinary sword had suddenly transformed into a sword that emitted an aura, a killing aura!

"Who are you?" Ah Fei asked sharply.

ShangGuan JinHong didn't answer. He didn't even look at him either. His cold emotionless gaze was still focused at the tip of the sword. A wry smile broke from the corner of his mouth. A smile full of disdain.

"You were planning to kill with this sword?" ShangGuan JinHong asked.

"What about that sword?" Ah Fei replied.

"This sword cannot kill me." ShangGuan JinHong said.

"Any kind of sword can kill!" Ah Fei responded.

ShangGuan JinHong laughed and replied, "But this is not your sword. If you are adamant about using this sword, the only person you will kill is yourself."

The sword flashed again, and the blade spun around.

ShangGuan JinHong held the tip of the sword between his fingers, and presented the handle to Ah Fei.

"If you don't believe me, go ahead and try." ShangGun JinHong said with a grin.

Before Ah Fei could even extend his arm out, his muscles had already tensed up.

He discovered that in the presence of this person, he felt a certain sensation. It was a sensastion that no one else had ever evoked from him before. It was a sensation that caused him such anxiety that his stomach started to contract, that made him want to throw up.

But how could he not grab that sword over?

He finally reached out. But before his hand could touch the handle, the sword was snatched away by another person's hand. A soft, slender hand.

Lin XianEr had a tear in her eyes as she looed at Ah Fei and said, "You intend to kill him? Do you know who he is?"

Lin XianEr continued, "He is my savior."

Default Thank you

Bliss,

Thank you very much! I've been wondering how the story continues and I'm very glad to see another piece translated. Much appreciated!!.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of java that thoughts aquire speed,
    the hands aquire shaking,
    the shaking becomes a warning.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Rather pathetic display from Lu FengXian

Err uh I might have misread or misinterpreted a little bit but that scene with Lin XianEr and ShangGuan JinHong was rather ... best to leave it to the imagination. No further comment.

Thanks for translating the continuation. It's a great story, and your translation is really good.

So Ling Ling gave herself to Lu FengXian and then Lu FengXian got entangled with Lin XianEr? I guess Ling Ling's league is very far from Lin XianEr's league.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

thank you very much, been waiting for this for ages!

Lin XianEr is really in a league of her own. She's like Paris Hilton on crack. Actually I don't even think Paris Hilton gets around as much as she does.

Seems like real villain of XLFD is really Lin XianEr, she basically controlled every man, except for the main hero, Li XunHuan.

Great job bliss and thanks for telling everyone for me. I feel bad that I couldn't continue as I promised. I guess I will do another novel. Maybe I will do Wu Lin Wai Shi or some other one...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

holy moly!!!!!!!! i didn't realize that the translation has already been continued. thanks so much bliss. i was so addicted to this translation and was greatly sadden when i realized that meh could not complete it; however, i am ecstatic to see that someone else is taking on this task...thanks a million!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Default Chapter 65 - Manipulation

Chapter 65 - Manipulation

"Savior?" Ah Fei asked.

"Lu FengXian had been ... forcing me, torturing me. I wanted to die but I couldn't. If it weren't for him, I don't know what would've ..." Lin XianEr replied, as tears began streaming down her cheeks.

Ah Fei was startled.

Lin XianEr continued while sobbing, "I was hoping that you would repay his kindness for me, but now, now you're ..."

"To kill someone, that can also be a method of repayment." ShangGuan JinHong suddenly interrupted.

Lin XianEr turned around and said, "You ... you want him to kill for you?"

"Since he owes me a life, why not let him repay that debt with another life?" ShangGuan JinHong replied.

"But I'm the one you saved, not him." Lin XianEr said.

"Your debt is his debt, am I correct?" ShangGuan JinHong asked.

Lin XianEr turned to face Ah Fei.

He gritted his teeth and replied, "I will repay her debt!"

"Do you owe debts to anyone?" ShangGuan JinHong asked.

"Never!" Ah Fei responded.

ShangGuan JinHong slightly grinned and said, "Whose life are you going to repay me with?"

"Except for one person, anyone you want." Ah Fei replied.

"Except for whom?" ShangGuan JinHong said.

"Li XunHuan!" Ah Fei said.

ShangGuan JinHong snickered and said, "You're afraid of him?"

Ah Fei's eyes filled with sadness as he replied, "I won't kill him, because I owe him even more."

ShangGuan JinHong started laughing and said, "Very well. If you weren't bound to your debt to him, you wouldn't honor your debt to me either."

"Who do you want me to kill?" Ah Fei asked.

ShangGuan JinHong slowly turned around and said, "Follow me."

The night drew near. Ah Fei wasn't holding on to Lin XianEr's hand because he felt a strange uneasiness inside his heart. He just couldn't make out what it was.

ShangGuan JinHong who was in front of him never turned around.

Yet somehow, Ah Fei felt as if he was under his careful gaze the entire time. And under this gaze, he felt an indescribable pressure bearing down on him.

The further they walked, the heavier that pressure felt.

Stars were beginning to dot the night sky. The open field was a vast emptiness. The winds had fallen silent.

Not a single sound could be heard. Even the insects that normally buzzed with activity in the autumn night were quiet.

It was as if the only sound in the whole world were that of their footsteps.

Ah Fei suddenly realized that his normally silent footsteps were making noise. In addition, they were in unison with the sound of ShangGuan JinHong's steps. One after the other, their steps melded into a peculiar rhythm.

A cricket that had leapt out from a dried thich patch of grass was seemingly frightened by the rhythm of their marching and leapt right back. Even the sound of their footsteps carried a killing aura.

What could be the cause of this?

Ah Fei never made a sound when he walked. But all of a sudden, why did his legs feel so heavy?

And what could be the cause of this?

Ah Fei looked downward and found out exactly why. Every single step he took was perfectly in between ShangGuan JinHong's every other step.

When he would take a step, and ShangGuan JinHong would take a second step. When he took a third step, ShangGuan JinHong would take a fourth step. Each and every step was precise and without err.

If he sped up his steps, ShangGuan JinHong would speed up as well. If he slowed down, ShangGuan JinHong would slow down as well.

From the beginning, it was ShangGuan JinHong who was coordinating with his every step.

But now, he suddenly realized that when ShangGuan JinHong increased his pace, his feet would involuntarily move faster. When ShangGuan JinHong decreased his pace, his own steps would slow down as well.

It was as if ShangGuan JinHong were controlling his feet, and he had no way of shaking free!

Ah Fei began to break out in cold sweat.

But for some reason, he felt that walking in this manner was quite soothing. He felt every ounce of muscle in his body being relaxed.

It was as if his mind and body were being hypnotized by this rhythm.

This rhythm was able to rattle a person's soul.

Lin XianEr was slowly becoming aware of this. Her beautiful eyes suddenly became alert and vigilant, emitting an apprehensive viciousness.

Ah Fei was hers.

Only she could control Ah Fei.

She would definitely not allow someone to snatch him right out of her grasp!

Jing WuMing was standing there. He was still standing exactly where his footsteps had stopped earlier.

The sun started to set. The night drew near. Stars began dotting the night sky ...

His body hadn't moved. His glance hadn't shifted either. But the shadow that ShangGuan JinHong had cast on the ground had forever vanished.

But now, ShangGuan JinHong's image suddenly reappeared.

Jing WuMing first saw the top of his bamboo hat, then his yellow robe, then his sword which shimmered under the reflection of the moonlight.

Then, Jing WuMing saw Ah Fei.

If anyone saw them from afar, they would immediately think the person with ShangGuan JinHong is Jing WuMing, because the rhythm in their steps was so unusual and unique.

Who would have thought that Ah Fei had taken Jing WuMing's place?

Jing WuMing's eyes appeared darker than ash. So dark that the moon and the stars themselves were blacked out. A darkness that absorbed the coming dawn into nothingness, lifelessness; such that even "death" had no meaning.

Absolute nothingness.

The expression on his face was even more empty than his eyes.

ShangGuan JinHong slowly walked over and stopped in front of him.

Ah Fei's footsteps stopped as well.

ShangGuan JinHong's eyes were focused into the distance. He didn't cast a single glance at Jing WuMing. He suddenly reached towards Jing WuMing's waist and pulled his sword out.

"You can no longer wield this sword." ShangGuan JinHong said coldly.

"Yes." Jing WuMing replied.

His voice was frightfully empty as well. Even he himself couldn't be certain that the words he heard came from his own mouth.

ShangGuan JinHong was still holding that blue steel sword between his fingers. He presented the handle to Jing WuMing and said, "This sword is for you."

Jing WuMing slowly reached over and took the sword.

"It makes no difference what kind of sword you use now." ShangGuan JinHong said slowly.

Even after walking over to him, he had yet to cast a single glance at Jing WuMing.

Ah Fei had followed over as well, and he didn't cast a single glance at Jing WuMing either.

Lin XianEr smiled playfully at him and said, "Is it even that difficult to die?"

A patch of clouds covered the stars in the sky.

Suddenly, the sound of thunder cracked the silence, and rain began to pour.

Jing WuMing still didn't move and he stood in the rain.

His whole body was soaked now. Beads of water gathered at the corners of his eyes. Was it rain? Or are they tears?

But how could Jing WuMing shed tears?

Those who never shed tears, normally only shed blood!

The sword. Paper thin and razor sharp.

The lamp light is extremely steady. Flashes of light from a sword. Blue flashes.

The window is tightly shut. The rain outside is intense. The air inside the house is calm.

Under the steady lamp light, Ah Fei was able to concentrate on the sword. His eyes hadn't moved for quite some time.

ShangGuan JinHong looked at him intently and asked, "What do you think about this sword?"

"Good, Very good." Ah Fei replied.

"Compared to the sword you used to wield?" ShangGUan JinHong asked.

"It feels lighter." Ah Fei said.

Suddenly, ShangGuan JinHong grabbed the sword with two fingers and bent the tip back onto the blade to form a circle. The blade emanated a deep *WUNG* sound.

The sound it made was like a dragon's roar.

Ah Fei's cold eyes suddenly warmed up.

ShangGuan JinHong asked again with a smile, "And in this regard how does it compare to the one you used to wield?"

"My old sword would have snapped if it was bent like that." Ah Fei responded.

Once ShangGUan JinHong let go with his fingers, the sword shot out.

A tea cup that was on the table was split in half as if it was decayed wood.

Ah Fei couldn't hold in his excitement and shouted out, "Excellent sword!"

"It certainly is a fine sword. Extremely light but not dull. Extremely thin but not brittle. The blade is resilient yet flexible. Although its appearance is crude and simple, it is actually the masterpiece of the number one swordsmith in the world, Master Gu. In addition, it was specially made to accomodate Jing WuMing's style." ShangGuan JinHong explained.

"This sword's conception is really similar to Jing WuMing's, isn't it?" ShangGuan JinHong added with a laugh.

"It is quite similiar." Ah Fei responded.

"Although his attacks are much more lethal and vicious, your attacks are much more precise and accurate. Because you are more patient than he is, perhaps this sword is better suited for you." ShangGuan JinHong said.

After a long pause, Ah Fei replied, "This is not my sword."

"Swords have no owners. Whoever is able, wields them." ShangGun JinHong said.

He brought the sword over and with a sinister gleam in his eye and said, "And now, this sword has become yours."

After another long pause, the same words came out of Ah Fei's mouth.

"This is not my sword."

"With this sword, any sword can be yours. Because with this sword, you could kill anyone." ShangGuan JinHong said.

Then he added with a smile, "You could even kill me."

This time, Ah Fei kept silent for a while.

"You are indebted to me. You have to kill for me. So I present you with a killing weapon. It is only fair." ShangGuan JinHong continued.

Ah Fei reached out and took the sword.

"Good! Very good! With this sword, your debt will be cleared by tomorrow!" ShangGuan JinHong said.

"Who do you want me to kill?" Ah Fei asked.

"Don't worry, I won't ask you to kill a friend ... " ShangGuan JinHong slowly replied.

Before his sentence was finished, ShangGuan JinHong walked out and shut the door behind him.

They could hear him speaking from the outside, "The two people in this room are my guests. Before tomorrow morning, make sure no one disturbs them."

Only Ah Fei and Lin XianEr were left in that room now.

Lin XianEr who was sitting down had not yet looked up.

ShangGuan JinHong who was in the room for quite some time had not glanced at her once.

The entire time she hadn't spoken either. Except for when Ah Fei was reaching out to take the sword, her mouth slightly moved as if she was wanted to say something, but quickly held it back in.

Now that only the two of them were in the room, she finally spoke, "You're really going to kill for him?"

"I owe him, and I've already given him my word." Ah Fei said with a sigh.

"Do you have any idea who he wants you to kill?" Lin XianEr asked.

"He didn't say." Ah Fei replied.

"You haven't guessed yet?" she asked.

"You've already figured out who it is?" he answered.

"If I'm not mistaken, the person who he wants you to kill is Long Xiao4Yun." she said slowly.

"Long Xiao4Yun? Why?" Ah Fei asked.

"Because Long Xiao4Yun plans on using him. But he only uses others." Lin XianEr said smiling.

"Long Xiao4Yun should have been killed a long time ago." Ah Fei said.

"But you mustn't make a move." she advised him.

"Why?" he asked.

She didn't answer but instead questioned, "Do you know why ShangGuan JinHong wants you to kill Long Xiao4Yun in his stead?"

"It is easier to have someone kill for you than it is to do so yourself." Ah Fei said.

"But if ShangGuan JinHong wants Long Xiao4Yun dead, it is but a mere formality to do so. Plus, the number of experts in the Gold Currency Union are as numerous as the clouds. Let alone one Long Xiao4Yun, even if it was a hundred or a thousand, it would still be easily taken care of by them. If ShangGuan JinHong didn't want to attack himself, all he has to do is to give the order to his minions." Lin XianEr explained.

"You know the real reason?" Ah Fei asked.

"I certainly do ... after two more days is the first of the month." she replied.

"What about the first of the month?" Ah Fei asked.

"Everyone in the Wulin community knows that at the first of the month, Long Xiao4Yun and ShangGuan JinHong are to become sworn brothers." she responded.

Ah Fei looked perplexed and asked, "Has ShangGuan JinHong's vision gone bad?"

"Of course he doesn't want to become sworn brothers with Long Xiao4Yun. But at the same time, he doesn't want to be known as someone who goes back on his word. His only solution is to have Long Xiao4Yun killed." she replied.

She smiled and added, "The dead can't become sworn brothers with those who are still living, right?"

Ah Fei didn't answer.

"But because the two have publicly agreed to become sworn brothers, ShangGuan JinHong can't lay a hand on him. He can't order his people to kill him either. That's why he has to use you." Lin XianEr said.

"To kill Long Xiao4Yun, you are more suitable than anyone else." she added with a grin.

"Why is that?" Ah Fei said.

"Because you are not tied with the Gold Currency Union in any way. And also because Li XunHuan is your friend. Long Xiao4Yun had betrayed Li XunHuan before, almost everyone knows that by now." she replied.

Lin XianEr took a deep breath and continued, "Therefore, if you killed Long Xiao4Yun, everyone will think that it is because you did it for Li XunHuan. No one would suspect that ShangGuan JinHong had any part in it."

"Even if it wasn't for anyone, I still wouldn't let this kind of person live any longer in this world." Ah Fei said coldly.

"However, once you kill Long Xiao4Yun, ShangGuan JinHong will kill you." Lin XianEr said.

Ah Fei fell silent.

"Not only would he kill you to silence you, he would kill you so others would think that he did it to avenge his sworn brother. So that others would praise his loyalty." she said.

Ah Fei's eyes shifted to the sword in his hand.

"ShangGuan JinHong's martial arts are unfathomably deep and profound, you're ... you're not thinking of ..." Lin XianEr said.

Before finishing that sentence, she threw herself into his chest and softly whispered, "Since he is not here, lets take this chance to escape."

"Escape?" Ah Fei said.

"I understand that you never run from anything, but just this once, can you make an exception for me?" she asked.

"No." Ah Fei replied.

"Not even for me?" Lin XianEr's voice became incredibly tender and tears started flowing from her eyes.

She had unleashed her deadliest weapon.

Ah Fei didn't look at her but appeared to be gazing off into the distance. He slowly answered, "It is because of you, that I can do no such thing."

"Why?" she asked.

"For your sake, I refuse to be a coward who goes back on his word." he replied.

"But ... but ..." she said.

Lin XianEr curled up into his chest and started weeping.

"I care not whether you are a coward or a hero. The person I love is you, and I only want you to be alive and by my side."

Ah Fei's resolute expression suddenly melted away again. He said to her softly, "Aren't I by your side right now?"

Lin XianEr still crying, replied, "Sometimes I just don't understand what you're thinking inside."

"My beliefs are very simple, that's why they will never change." he replied.

The simpler they are, the less they will ever change.

Lin XianEr looked up at him with tears in her eyes and asked, "Your beliefs will always remain the same?"

"Always!"

His replies are very simple as well.

Lin XianEr stood up and slowly made her way to the window. Not a sound could be heard from the outside. Not even the buzzing of insects of the cries of birds could be heard. Any kind of living thing that came to this place would suddenly feel that life was extremely worthless.

The only certainty in this place was the feeling of "death". Whether you were sitting or standing. Whether you were inside or outside. You could always sense its foreboding presence.

After some time, Lin XianEr sighed and said, "I suddenly realized that the relationship between you and Li XunHuan is very much like that of ShangGuan JinHong and Jing WuMing."

"Hmm?" Ah Fei said.

"The only reason Jing WuMing is alive is to do ShangGuan JinHong's bidding. So obviously, ShangGuan JinHong treats him very well, that is until now ..."

There was a bitter smile on her lips as she continued, "Now, Jing WuMing is no longer of any use to him, so ShangGuan JinHong chased him out like a wild dog. I bet he never even dreamed that things would end like this."

"He should have realized this long ago." Ah Fei said.

"If he knew that this would happen long ago, would he still do the same thing?" Lin XianEr asked.

"He would, because he doesn't have a choice." Ah Fei replied.

"And what about you?" she asked.

Ah Fei fell silent again.

"Li XunHuan is kind to you because you are the only person in this world who can aid him. Besides you, he is completely alone. But when you are no longer of any use to him, will he do as ShangGuan JinHong did to Jing WuMing?" Lin XianEr said.

After another long pause, Ah Fei suddenly said, "Turn your head around."

He said this very slowly, but it was very stern and resolute.

He had never spoken to Lin XianEr like this before.

Lin XianEr whose hand was by the window sill suddenly held on tightly and asked, "Turn my head around? What for?"

"Because I want to make two things clear to you." Ah Fei said.

"I can hear perfectly fine from here." she said.

"Because I want you to look at me. There are some words which you not only have to listen with your ears but also with your eyes. Otherwise, you will never understand their meaning." he said.

She held on to the window sill even tighter before finally turning her head around.

After she saw the look in Ah Fei's eyes, Lin XianEr understood what he meant.

His eyes had suddenly become exactly like ShangGuan JinHong's.

When a person's eyes looked like this, it meant that no matter what that person was saying, you had better listen and not disobey.

Otherwise you would definitely regret it!

At that moment, Lin XianEr realized that she had been wrong.

She had thought that Ah Fei was completely under her control, that he would obey her every wish. Only now did she realize just how wrong she was.

Ah Fei was obviously in love with her. Very much in love.

But in a man's life, there are things which are much more important than "love", even much more important than life itself.

Ah Fei had always listened to everything she said, because she had never brought this up before.

She could ask him to die for her, but she still couldn't ignore the matter at hand.

"What did you want to talk to me about? I'm listening?" Lin XianEr said smilingly.

Even though her smile looked as sweet as ever, it seemed rather forced.

"I want you to understand, that Li XunHuan is my friend. And I won't allow anyone to insult him ... ANYONE!" Ah Fei said.

Lin XianEr lowered her head. "And ... "

"What you said before ... not only have you underestimated me, but you've underestimated Jing WuMing as well." Ah Fei said.

"Him?" Lin XianEr asked with a surprised look.

"He left because he wanted to leave. Not because someone chased him away." Ah Fei replied.

"Except, I don't understand ..." she said.

"You don't need to understand. You just need to remember that." Ah Fei said.

"I'll remember your every word. I just hope that you don't forget, that you once said ... that the way you feel about me will never change." Lin XianEr said quietly as she lowered her head.

Ah Fei stared into her eyes. He kept staring and staring.

Even if his heart really was like a mountain of ice, that mountain was rapidly melting.

Ah Fei started walking slowly towards Lin XianEr. Her body seemed to emit some kind of force that pulled him closer and closer. Ah Fei felt like he couldn't control himself.

Lin XianEr dodged to avoid his grasp and pretended to be apprehensive, and said, "Not today ..."

Suddenly Ah Fei's body became stiff.

Lin XianEr giggled and said, "Today you have to get a lot of rest, hurry to bed. I will look over you by your side."

ShangGuan JinHong is standing still. His eyes are focused on the door. He is waiting.

What is he waiting for?

The guards outside the door had already withdrew because ShangGuan JinHong had given the order, "Someone is going to come today, I don't want anyone to disturb them."

Who is he expecting to come?

Why is ShangGuan JinHong that concerned with this person?

ShangGuan JinHong has a objective in everything he does. What is his objective this time?

Late into night. Even quiter still.

Ah Fei eyes were closed. His breathing was even. He looked like he was deep asleep.

In actuality, he is wide awake. He has never been so awake before in his life.

He rarely had trouble falling asleep. Because if he wasn't completely exhausted, he would never try to sleep. But on those days that he was, once his head touched the pillow, he would immediately fall asleep.

But now, he wasn't sleeping.

Lin XianEr had fallen asleep beside him and was breathing very evenly as well.

Ah Fei only had to turn sideways and he could embrace her warm, soft body.

But Ah Fei tried his best to resist his urges. He didn't even look at her. He was afraid that once he saw her, his willpower would collapse.

Lin XianEr had always trusted him completely, how could he do anything to her?

He could still smell the sweet fragrance of her breath. He had to use all his concentration and focus just to control himself.

It was definitely not a nice plight to have to endure.

Desire is like a wave in the ocean. One second it is quiet and still, another second it comes rolling towards you again with all its might.

He continued resisting that desire. He started to resemble a fish caught in a frying pan.

How could he fall asleep?

Lin XianEr's breathing seemed to get heavier. Yet her eyes began to slowly open.

Those radiant eyes of hers in the darkness slowly started to focus on Ah Fei.

His disheveled hair was spread all across his forehead. He looked like a sleeping child.

Lin XianEr suddenly noticed that his eyelashes were very long. She wanted to reach out and lightly stroke them.

In that single instant, if she really did reach her hand out, Ah Fei would forever be hers. He would willingly abandon everything just for her.

In that single instant, her glance was soft,gentle, and kind. But that short instant quickly passed. She had retracted her hand. Her soft and gentle gaze had turned ice cold.

She whispered, "Little Fei are you asleep yet?"

Ah Fei didn't respond. He didn't open his eyes either.

He didn't dare to.

He was afraid that he would ...

Lin XianEr waited for some time. Then suddenly she slipped herself out of the bed and picked up her shoes.

With her shoes in hand, she quietly opened the door and snuck out.

This late at night, where could she be off to?

Ah Fei suddenly felt as if his heart had been pricked by a needle.

"What you don't know won't bother you. It is actually better for us that certain things in life we never find out."

Ah Fei understood this very well. Reality is always brutal, and painful.

However, he could no longer control himself.

The door opened.

A smile flashed across ShangGuan JinHong's face.

He looks even more intimidating when he's smiling than when he's not.

Lin XianEr lifted up the door, and stood on top. Her eyes were pointed at ShangGuan JinHong. *PU*, the shoes in her hand flopped to the floor.

She let out a long sigh and said, "You already knew that I would come, didn't you?"

"Yes." ShangGuan JinHong replied.

Lin XianEr bit her lip and said, "I don't even know why I came for."

"I know why." ShangGuan JinHong said.

"You know why?" Lin XianEr asked.

"You came because you've realized that Ah Fei is not as reliable as you had thought. If you want to live, the only person that you can rely on is me." ShangGuan JinHong replied.

"And I ... I can rely on you?" she said.

"You have to ask yourself that." ShangGuan JinHong said with a laugh.

There are no completely reliable men in this world.

A man is as reliable to the extent of just how well a woman treats him.

Lin XianEr obviously understands this.

She laughed and replied, "You will definitely be reliable then, because I will never disappoint you."

She started laughing with her eyes.

Then, her hands, her waist, her thighs ...

She seemed to have made up her mind. No matter what the method, she would have this man.

In the quickest instant, she used her most effective weapon.

In the eyes of men, there is nothing more captivating than a woman in her bare skin. And this wasn't any woman, it was Lin XianEr.

The strange thing was, ShangGuan JinHong's eyes were still focused on the door.

It seemed that the door panel was much more attractive to him than she was.

Lin XianEr stopped panting for a second and said, "Hold me, I ... I almost can't move anymore."

ShangGuan JinHong picked her up in his arms, but his eyes were still focused on the door.

With a *PENG*, the door suddenly burst open!

A person barged into the room, like a ball of fire.

Blazing fire!

Ah Fei!

No one knew the anger he felt right now, nor could anyone imagine.

A smile flashed across ShangGuan JinHong's face.

Had he already predicted that Ah Fei would come?

Ah Fei didn't even see him.

He didn't see anyone at all, the only thing he saw before him was a nightmare.

His entire body began to tremble.

Lin XianEr didn't even blink. She was still hanging onto ShangGuan JinHong's neck.

"The people who come here, don't they even knock?" she said coldly.

Ah Fei suddenly made a fist, and struck at the door.

An iron door!

Blood started to drip from Ah Fei's fist, pain shot through his body and his lips turned pale.

But what kind of pain in this world could compare to the pain he felt inside his heart?

Lin XianEr laughed and said, "So it turns out this person is crazy."

Ah Fei finally erupted and roared, "So you really are this kind of woman."

Lin XianEr answered casually, "You didn't realize? I've always been this kind of woman. I haven't changed at all. You never realized it before because you're too stupid."

She laughed coldly and continued, "If you were a little smarter, you would've known not to come."

"I'm already here." Ah Fei replied.

"What good is it that you've come? So you can scold me? What relation do I have with you? That you think you can mind my business? That whatever I do, you have to watch over me." she asked mockingly.

Tears seemed to be forming in Ah Fei's eyes, but those tears suddenly turned to ice.

His eyes have turned deathly pale.

A hopelessly and deathly pale color. The same color as the eyes of Jing WuMing.

At that moment he seemed to have wept his last bloody tear. In that instant life itself had seemed to end.

He was starting to turn into a dead person.

"I shouldn't have come, I really shouldn't have come ..."

If he knew he shouldn't have, then why didn he come for?

People always tend to do the things that hurt themselves when they know that they shouldn't.

Talking

whoaaaaa, you really work like your name....

thanks

24 more chapters to go

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    whoaaaaa, you really work like your name....
    haha
    I agree
    Many thanks Bliss!

Thank you BLISS. That was an awesome update. so Ah Fei finally realizes what a terrible woman/seductress Lin XianEr is, huh? I'm itching to know what will happen next.

And can someone please remind me what happened between ShangGuan JinHong and Jing WuMing? I'm sure Lin XianEr must have came between them at one point but I really cannot remember at all.

And Li XunHuan still loves Lin ShiYin that deeply? I thought he had already began to let ago and was beginning to accept Sun Xiao Hong. Speaking of which, when will this interesting young lady re-enter the story?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Thanks Bliss,

I think Li XunHoan still care for Lin ShiYin deeply mixed with a guilty feeling - but it's no longer a passionate love.